Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeBlackWings o.0 I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BlackWings o.0

Go down 
+2
Lazified
DiStar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DiStar

DiStar

BlackWings o.0 Empty
PostSubject: BlackWings o.0   BlackWings o.0 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 2:02 am

Well let me start by saying I'm pretty sure Blackwings are dead..and probably buried next to Elvis to boot, But with my Vacation coming to a close...I figured I would take a stab and using BlackWings and whipe the dust off them a tad.

Now as most know..the recent banlist hit Blackwings again. Now IMO, Unless you ban the entire Archetype..people will still use them in some form or another. That being said...it still leaves Blackwing users with less and less options to fill space with in there deck as like Honest did for LS..it isn't a card you can really replace.

With that In Mind I wanted to try something out and see how it works. Now before going into any lengthy Explanation..Allow me to post the deck I'm Fiddling with.

Monsters 18

BW- Blizzard the Far North X3
BW- Bora X3
BW- Gale X1
BW- Kalut X1
BW- Shura X3
BW- Sirroco X2
BW- Vayu X2
BW- Breeze X1
DAD X1
Spirit Reaper X1

Spells 11

Allure X1
Black Whirlwind X1
BOM X1
CFBF X2
Dark Hole X1
Monster Reborn X1
MST X1
Trunade X1
POD X2

Traps 11

Deltra Crow X1
D-Prison X2
Dust Tornado X2
Icarus X2
Oppression X1
Warning X2
Solemn Judgment X1

Extra Deck 15

Catastor X1
Black Rose Dragon X1
BW- Silverwind X1
BW- Armed Wing X2
BW- Armor Master X2
Brio X1
Scrap Dragon X1
Stardust Dragon X2
Thought Ruler Archfiend X1
Trishula X1
Vortex The Whirlwind X1
Colossal Fighter X1

Now let me explain my thought's on why I built the deck like I did.

My first thought came in the form of; "ok...2 kaluts are gone...so..how do you fill their place?". Well the obvious issue is..you can't replace his effect...so you have to think.." How can I change how the deck works then to adapt to a new style?". That question came to me and I thought, "where do Blackwings accel to begin with?".

The answer is swarming the field. So with that in mind I decided to take a new approach in using a lone teched Breeze. Now why would I use such a odd card most frown upon in the deck?

Well A few reasons.

1.) Gives me food for CFBF//Allure ( Will touch on in a min )
2.) Gives me a Plausible Target for Black Whirlwind
3.) Gives me a secondary option with Shura w/ losing 2 Kalut..so I can save Gale and instead go breeze and directly to Armor Master.

Next is using 2 Vayu..and I use him for much the same reasons. Options are as follows.

1.) Shura Target 4 Catastor or Vortex
2.) Gives me food for CFBF//Allure ( See above )
3.) Classic Icarus Bait
4.) Great Pitch for Brio after using Blizz to set-up plays.

Next is the reason why I use 3 Drawing Magics.

My Idea for using these came from YCS Paris actually from a BW user who went a Anti Meta approach in using 2 reaper; along with CFBF and POD and Smashing ground to Chip slowly at the opponents hand and play for play his opponent. I decided..why not use that same idea, but modify it for my own use?

Now Each card has its own advantage and frankly..don't see why they are not used in conjunction more in blackwing decks, as they don't conflict with one another in terms of their one time use. Allow me to break it down further though, so you can see the simple numbers of what the cards do.

Allure of Darkness

Plus/Minus = -0
Field = -0
Hand = -2
Grave = -0
Deck = +2
Drawback = Must Remove a Dark Attribute from your hand

Cards for Black Feathers

Plus/Minus = -0
Field = -0
Hand = -2
Grave = -0
Deck = +2
Drawback = Must Remove a "BlackWing" Monster from your hand. Also cannot special summon the turn it is used. Limit one per turn.

Pot of Duality

Plus/Minus = -0
Field = -0
Hand = -1
Grave = -0
Deck = +1
Drawback = Only add one card from three to your hand. Cannot Special summon the turn it is used. Limit One per Turn.

Moray of Greed

Plus/Minus = -0
Field = -0
Hand= -3
Grave = -0
Deck = +3
Drawback = Must Return Two Water attribute Monsters from your hand to your deck.

Now I added moray to simply illustrate a point that every draw card has its pro's and cons..the choice comes in which Con can you mitigate to justify using the card? Duality fortunately has no real impact on your hand..where as Allure//CFBF//Moray does..as your sacrificing cards cards outside the Magic itself to essentially Draw//Re-Draw new cards to chance getting something better.

The key is that CFBF and POD limit copies of themselves to one per turn...but they can be used in conjunction separately.

To Shelter the burden of CFBF I use a high BW count and don't mix-match much in terms of the monster line-up. Also, This gives using the Extra Vayu and a Breeze less dead place in my hand with a way to remove them for a beneficial use. So I see it as essentially using 3 Allure of Darkness per say.

Last Thing I want to touch upon is the Backrow set-up. As you can see I'm looking to be aggressive with the deck. With the added draw power in the deck..I want to be able to push every single turn with something. So With 2 Icarus, Delta, MST, Trunade, and Dust tornado(s)..I can look to wreck backrow as much as I can between turns to ensure successful push's. I Might even consider Exchanging a Trunade for a 2nd MST to Ensure Backrow is being destroyed and not simply avoided.

One way to look at it is like this.

A person's trap line-up is often sparce..containing maybe...2 warning..1 solemn..2 seven tools..2 prison..and that's about it..give or take. ( Depends who your playing..but generically speaking..this is what your looking at )

My thought is..Trunade does me nothing but avoid trouble for a turn..so Instead one for one the bad cards..and live with the magics..as your not going to set Magics unless its a BOM//Lance//Super-poly,etc.

So looking at that..your looking at like 7 Basic Traps..give or take..4 which are actually threatening...and most you can look to get around sooner than later w/ Backrow hate. Dust Tornado Especially..be Aggressive with it and don't set it unless you plan to use it..and I mean use it before you summon..it isn't a counter afterall ( Positive is you don't lose 1k LP at the expense of it not being a counter ), so it can't stop warning..so use it before you summon.

If your opponent Uses Seven tools..then your gained something more important; Knowledge..using a Seven to stop a Tornado shows the card you targeted is important so you know to slowplay for a turn or which card you want to make sure to Icarus//MST next time around.

So in closing; Allow me to explain what I see myself being able to do with this deck and the cards I'm using.

Shura- Same basic use..but gives me 3 solid choices.
1. Gale for his effect + Armor Master
2. Breeze- Pesudo Gale for Armor master to save gale
3. Vayu to go into vortex and leave me a Vayu in the grave for later and allow me to pull a lvl 4 or lower Winged beast from the deck when he dies keeping field presense.

Spirit Reaper- Keeping for easier Trish Plays w/ Blizz and Stall

Draw Cards ( CFBF//Allure//POD )- Trying to speed the deck up to get to what you need faster and keep pressure on the opponent.

Cards I've considered- Gorz to replace reaper..and or Greenkappa for heavy backrow decks ( GK, Gb,etc ). Also Will look to add Zeyphrus When he comes out..but a lone teched Genex Birdman came to mind..but un-sure if it's worth a spot..Same w/ Genex Duradark over Reaper to stay aggresive..but not sure.. ( Can still go trish like w/ reaper..just gotta target Kalut over a level 4 to make Level 9 total )

Obviously I'm open to opinions as I'm honestly just trying the deck out too see how it runs and how I like it and see if I can't add some umph to the Blackwing Deck with the lose of Kalut. I also tried to do my best to give opinions for the card's I'm using and why their in the deck.

Opinions on how I'm going about it?
Back to top Go down
Lazified

Lazified

BlackWings o.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BlackWings o.0   BlackWings o.0 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 7:38 pm

Wouldn't
-1 BW - Breeze
+1 Vayu
Be a better build?
Since you can synchro "twice" with Vayu when you use Shura's effect.
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

BlackWings o.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BlackWings o.0   BlackWings o.0 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 5:52 am

never run more then 2 vayu unless it is vayu turbo :/

don't like breeze, prefer zephyrus

try testing out genex ally crusher

add gorz

never liked 3 blizzard :/

well up to u and personally I don't run CFBF, but have second mst and second delta/seven
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

BlackWings o.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BlackWings o.0   BlackWings o.0 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 5:32 am

What do you guys think about Tengu in bw? They're good floaters good for synchro power which bw are good at, and it's a winged beast, so tengu+Icarus=proness
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

BlackWings o.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BlackWings o.0   BlackWings o.0 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 5:34 am

Harpy ... If tengu was winged beast .... An Emergency Ban would have been aplied in this format Razz he is beast warrior Wink
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

BlackWings o.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BlackWings o.0   BlackWings o.0 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 5:37 am

Sad
Back to top Go down
Natsu

Natsu

BlackWings o.0 Empty