Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeQuiz of the Week Competition #1 I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quiz of the Week Competition #1

Go down 
+2
Harper7000
Vongola-x
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

Quiz of the Week Competition #1 Empty
PostSubject: Quiz of the Week Competition #1   Quiz of the Week Competition #1 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 6:04 am

Read the rules before taking part: RULES

The game master is: IgniuX@Z so send the PM with the answers to him.

1. You have face-up Royal Oppression. Your opponent has Black Whirlwind on the field and Shura in the graveyard. He summons Black - Blizzard the Far North and targets Shura. Question is if you can activate Royal Oppression's effect.
a) Yes (because it negates special summon)
b) No (because it can negate only monsters on the field and not in the graveyard)
c) No (because it misses timing on the Blizzard and Whirlwind effects)
d) Yes (because it doesn't miss timing for those cards)
e) None of the above are correct.

2. You have 2 Doomcaliber Knights on the field Your opponent tries to play Gorz from hand. Which is correct?
a) One Doomcaliber negates Gorz, other one negates Doomcaliber and Gorz stays on the field.
b) Both Doomcalibers negates Gorz at the same time, the field remains empty.
c) Doomcalibers can't negate Gorz because they can't start a chain
d) None of above.

3. You have facedown Sangan. You tribute it for Caius and opponent activates Torrential Tribute. Which of these links are correct? (Chain link 1 > 2 > 3)
a) Sangan > Caius > Torrential
b) Caius > Sangan > Torrential
c) Torrential > Sangan > Caius
d) None of the above.

4. Is it true that using Substitoad's effect on Dupe Frog gets a mistiming for adding card to hand?
a) True
b) False

5. If you use Divine Wrath on Gladiator Beast, where does it go?
a) Graveyard
b) Deck
c) Hand
d) None of the above.

6. Can Light and Darkness Dragon negate 2 Chain links
a) Yes
b) No
c) Not sure

7. Which of these monsters can be Special Summoned from the graveyard?
a) Judgment Dragon milled with Lighstworn's Effect
b) Stardust Dragon's summon from extra deck negated with Royal Oppression.
c) Dark Armed Dragon when destroyed on the field and sent to the graveyard
d) Chaos Sorcerer which was summoned properly and send to the graveyard afterwards.
e) All of the above.
f) None of the above.

8. Is it true that if you send the same copy of XX-Saber Darksoul from field to the graveyard, you get to add X-Saber monsters as many times as Darksoul was sent to the graveyard? (Example: 2 times sent - 2 monsters, 3 times sent - 3 monsters etc.)
a) Yes
b) No
c) Not sure

9. You have a Doomcaliber Knight and Thunder King Rai-Oh on the field. You attack your opponents Darksoul. Which of the following is correct?
a) Doomcaliber's effect activates and negates the Darksoul.
b) Doomcaliber stays because Thunder King's effect doesn't allow to add cards from deck.
c) Thunder King starts a chain and tries to negate effect of Darksoul, but Doomcaliber negates Thunder King. Both of monsters are gone and the effect of Darksoul still activates.
d) None of the above are correct.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: Quiz of the Week Competition #1   Quiz of the Week Competition #1 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:20 am

Guys only Yuri took part in this competition! You say nobody wants a quiz competition? If you don't want it we will stop it, but I am disappointed in you -__-
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Quiz of the Week Competition #1   Quiz of the Week Competition #1 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 2:08 pm

I honestly just didn't see it lol. I'll probably take part in the next one
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Quiz of the Week Competition #1   Quiz of the Week Competition #1 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 4:36 pm

is it too late to take part in this? haha
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: Quiz of the Week Competition #1   Quiz of the Week Competition #1 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 12:38 am

send this ones because if there won't be at least 5 members who send we won't make another

Last edited by Vongola-x on Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quiz of the Week Competition #1   Quiz of the Week Competition #1 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 5:22 am

sent the answer.
is there even 54 active member in this forum xD
i think maybe you can tune it down for around 10...
Back to top Go down
redgar

redgar

PostSubject: Re: Quiz of the Week Competition #1   Quiz of the Week Competition #1 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:02 am

I sent as well
Back to top Go down
IgniuX@Z

IgniuX@Z

PostSubject: Re: Quiz of the Week Competition #1   Quiz of the Week Competition #1 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:07 pm

The best result is 7 correct answers out of 9 for now. Keep sending PMs.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Quiz of the Week Competition #1   Quiz of the Week Competition #1 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:55 am

Sent answer. But I agree with Hyawa, a lot of our members are on vacation, I don't think we'll
get 54... You should lower the number
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: Quiz of the Week Competition #1   Quiz of the Week Competition #1 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 5:17 am

Lol, sorry I meant 5 xP
Back to top Go down
IgniuX@Z

IgniuX@Z

PostSubject: Re: Quiz of the Week Competition #1   Quiz of the Week Competition #1 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 12:27 am

Since 3 people have 6 correct answers, we will have Top 2 only, because 2 people have 7 correct answers. So, Yuri Bakura & Pharmacist gets something from Vongola, since they both answered 7 questions correctly from 9. Answers are:

1. C
2. B
3. A
4. A
5. B
6. B
7. D
8. A
9. A (since only 1 person answered this correctly, I need explain. Doomcaliber's effect activates because Thunder King can't do anything and since Darksoul's effect is activated when sent to the graveyard and added ONLY in End Phase, Doomcaliber's effect applies normally.)
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: Quiz of the Week Competition #1   Quiz of the Week Competition #1 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 12:38 am

-Points Added-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quiz of the Week Competition #1   Quiz of the Week Competition #1 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am

Pff...
I never know "Thunder King Rai-Oh" is negating the effect until i checked the wikia....
i thought it's preventing..;(
but nonetheless you are correct sir.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Quiz of the Week Competition #1   Quiz of the Week Competition #1 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 3:01 am

Sry if this is spam, but... Really? Why can't thunder king negate it durin the end phase? Does it have to be a quick effect to work then?
Back to top Go down
IgniuX@Z

IgniuX@Z

PostSubject: Re: Quiz of the Week Competition #1   Quiz of the Week Competition #1 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 3:58 am

Harper7000 wrote:
Sry if this is spam, but... Really? Why can't thunder king negate it durin the end phase? Does it have to be a quick effect to work then?

You see, if it would be like Sangan, Doomcaliber wouldn't even try to negate it since sangan reached graveyard right after the destruction. But since Darksoul's effect activates after that (but ADDING a card is at the end phase) Thunder King just stays like doing nothing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quiz of the Week Competition #1   Quiz of the Week Competition #1 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 1:16 pm

@vongola

-3 points from me for owing from a deck shop which im sorry for that :S
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quiz of the Week Competition #1   Quiz of the Week Competition #1 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 4:02 am

i think since there's not much ruling about darksoul i'll just use some comparison.

Quote :
* Sangan: When "Sangan" is sent to the Graveyard while "Thunder King Rai-Oh" is face-up on the field, "Sangan"'s effect activates normally and starts a chain. However, the effect of "Sangan" resolves without effect.[21]

in this case, sangan effect is triggered because it's mandatory and it start a chain. and i believe if there's DCK, he'll be destroyed because it's effect triggered.

however...
shouldn't you not be able to search card from deck over an optional effect?just like..

Quote :
* Power Tool Dragon: The effect of "Power Tool Dragon" cannot be activated if the effect of "Thunder King Rai-Oh" is preventing cards from being added from the Deck to the hand. If an effect is chained to the effect of "Power Tool Dragon" so that "Thunder King Rai-Oh" is on the field when resolving the effect of "Power Tool Dragon", then the Equip Spell Card which is randomly selected is instead sent to the Graveyard.[20]

also...
Quote :
Adding 1 “X-Saber” monster to your hand does not start a Chain and still happens even if Darksoul isn’t in the Graveyard.[1]
if the effect don't start a chain, wat would DCK's effect be chained to o.o

a comparison to an effect that don't start chain is:
you can't use spell of pain when brain research lab is removed from the field.

well that's from wat i believe.

Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Quiz of the Week Competition #1   Quiz of the Week Competition #1 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:37 am

Quote :

also...
Quote :
Adding 1 “X-Saber” monster to your hand does not start a Chain and still happens even if Darksoul isn’t in the Graveyard.[1]
if the effect don't start a chain, wat would DCK's effect be chained to o.o

a comparison to an effect that don't start chain is:
you can't use spell of pain when brain research lab is removed from the field.

well that's from wat i believe.

that ruling is talking about the end phase. adding an x-saber monster to your hand in the end phase doesn't start a chain, but darksoul's effect still activates and starts a chain when it is sent from the field to the grave.
Back to top Go down
Supreme_King

Supreme_King

PostSubject: Re: Quiz of the Week Competition #1   Quiz of the Week Competition #1 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 10:28 am

This thing was over for more than a week, so we are all expecting a new quiz.

Topic Locked.

~~~Supreme_King~~~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quiz of the Week Competition #1   Quiz of the Week Competition #1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quiz of the Week Competition #1
Page 1 of 1