Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeA Tribute to The Most Hated Deck Ever! I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Tribute to The Most Hated Deck Ever!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

A Tribute to The Most Hated Deck Ever! Empty
PostSubject: A Tribute to The Most Hated Deck Ever!   A Tribute to The Most Hated Deck Ever! EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:04 am

A tribute to the most hated deck

ALERT: some images/words/clip might push some people to kill themselves, kill somebody or hit the screen of their computer.

I want to start this article saying that I started playing this game when the first Starter Decks (Yugi and Kaiba) were released in the TCG. Like most of you, I also took lots of breaks from YGO. Even though I took some long breaks (the longest one was for about 4 years) I never stopped checking the forums and following what was happening in the Yu-Gi-Oh world. For being in the game for so long, I’ve witnessed a lot of unfair thing. Tele-DAD is one of the first, a deck incredibly fast, capable of feeding the most broken monster back then, and incredibly expensive as well. Lightsworns also had their glory days: incredible speed, a boss monster that nothing could stop, triple Honest, and Krystia to ensure the game. Those two decks were very expensive and when I say expensive, I don’t mean 300$ expensive, we’re talking about more than a 1000$ here. I do remember other incredibly broken decks in this game like Samurais with 3 Gateways, but when you ask people what deck left them the most salty and butthurt in all their duelist careers, there is a name that comes up more often than the others—Inzektors—and that’s the deck we are going to talk about today. Inzektors packs which is probably the most hated card of all times and that card is Inzektor Hornet.

A Tribute to The Most Hated Deck Ever! Photo-11653

Now how do I know that Inzektor Hornet is the most hated card in the game, it’s simple. If you have been in this game for a good time, you have probably participated in lots of banlist discussions with friends or just people on forums. In the introduction, I mentioned some broken decks that ruled the meta game in their time, like Tele-Dad, Lightsworns, and Triple Gate Sams. I do remember some of the banlist discussions back then. People wanted Dark Armed Dragon limited (casual players wanted it banned because they couldn’t afford one) and they wanted Judgment Dragon Limited. During the Samurai Domination they wanted Shi en and Gateway Limited ETC… and when Konami made those changes, duelists stoped complaining about those decks. In the Lightsworns’ case, Judgement Dragon was unlimited after a while and that turned out to be OK with everybody right? In the Inzektor case, however, Konami tried to kill the deck, perhaps because of its domination in the OCG, Inzektor Dragonfly and Inzektor Hornet both were Limited and until today people are still complaining about Inzektor Hornet: they want it banned.

There are so many things to say about this deck, so to give it a proper tribute, I decided to do something similar I did for Elemental Heroes (With My article Hero’s in Time) but this one will be more complete. I’m tired of people making videos about Inzektors, and If you are a hardcore Inzektor player, you know that they haven’t the faintest idea of the deck’s potential. This article will also contain techs for the deck, Decks Lists and a Duel Video. Get ready to feel the Inzektor experience!

-Scorpion67-: Here we go, Time wizard Take me back in time!!!!

YCS Atlanta February 2012
Nicholas Newberry – Top 32 (Inzektors)

Deck List
Spoiler:

Deck Picture
Spoiler:

Inzektors just got released, they pack Inzektor Hornet in their arsenal and their rarity makes them also pretty accessible (that’s something that will hurt the deck’s reputation but this will be explained later). As you can see with the deck list, there is no big strategy in the deck in the beginning, there’s no real boss monster, beside Dark Armed Dragon, but their Dragonfly Combo makes them interesting. Dragonfly equips Hornet, detaches to pop a card, and special summon Centipede. Centipede then equips Hornet, detaches to pop a card, and searches for Dragonfly, XYZ Level 3, wash, rinse and repeat. It’s pretty basic, but effective in G1 right? We will have to wait to YCS Germany to see someone topping innovating the deck.

YCS Leipizig, Germany February 2012, the week before March 2012 banlist
Ioannis Mourelatos (Inzektor, 4th Place)

Deck List
Spoiler:
Deck Picture
Spoiler:

Now this is what I’m talking about, real Inzektor derpiness. This build is pretty different to the first one. This deck packs Inzektor Hoppers and Inzektor Sword – Zektkaliber, 2 cards that will have an impact on Inzektors gameplay. Inzektor Hopper brings more consistency to the deck, a new way to win tight late games (attacking directly with a buffed Inzektor) and he is also huge in attack position on the field equipping a sword which helps against the rabbit matchup. Now for Inzektor Sword – Zektkaliber, well what else do I have to say, other than it gives you ANOTHER way to OTK your opponent and lets u re-use those in-graveyard Dragonfly’s and Centipede’s.

YCS Chicago April 2012
Billy Brake 3rd Place

Deck List
Spoiler:
Deck Picture
Spoiler:

The Rabbit Matchup is very hard for Inzektors because they rely on 2 things to get their engine and combos going: the resolutions of their summons and their effects. Rabbit can negate both pretty easily. With so many Dino Rabbit players in the format, Inzektors needed something to help them handle such an annoying matchup and the answer is *Drum Rolls* Safe Zone. This quickly becomes one of the favorite techs of Inzektor players, We finally have a way to handle pesky Dolkka. It also makes you play around those Torrential Tributes, Bottomless Trap Holes and even Veilers. It is also a great card to have when you go against the mirror.

YCS Philadelphia May 2012
Billy Brake YCS Philadelphia Deck List (taked from his article “the most threatening of roars”)

Deck List
Spoiler:
Deck Picture
Spoiler:

A new deck make its way to the top of the format and it is as explosive as Inzektors and Wind-Ups, its name, Chaos Dragons. The format is pretty fast and we need OTK protection, if only we find a way to keep that Centipede on the field for 1 more turn to search the missing piece of the Sword we can have game next turn but we are facing explosive decks so we might need something chainable. Threatening Roar is now a card to consider in your deck. I will quote Billy Brake when he said “the card is chainable and essentially says “You cannot lose this turn” ” and that’s an amazing thing for Inzektors because you get to wipe his field and life points on your next turn.

Well let’s see what we’ve got here: we have a deck that punishes your opponent for playing, punishes your opponent for NOT playing, can win by OTK, can win by attacking directly, can wipe your opponent entire field and life points in the same turn, can prevent OTK’s, can play around Veilers, can protect your monsters from destructionn, can prevent your monsters from being targeted, can prevent your monsters from being attacked… This might win a YCS right? Well no! The highest place they reached in the TCG was a 2nd place. I can explain this with lots of factors, The Dino Rabbit matchup was a pain in the ass, Game 2 and 3 were pretty hard for inzektors because people mass sided against them. It was easier to reach the top with decks like Dino Rabbit (Macro Rabbit later in the format) and Chaos Dragons etc… Inzektors didn’t win any YCS that format but they took some nationals titles and nothing else than the World Championship title (special banlist, no exclusives) and some weeks later, the September 2012 banlist was revealed.

Hornet and Dragonfly are limited, a huge hit to the deck, lots of Inzektors players now have to find something different to play because their bugs aren’t that broken anymore. But you know what, that’s probably the best thing that happened to this deck. Let me explain. This deck has a really bad reputation because, like I said in the beginning, it was one of the cheapest deck tier 1 decks to build and most of the people playing it didn’t even know how to play it properly. I’ve seen LOTS of Inzektor players play the deck, they have an OTK option, but they don’t see it because they focus on the same basic combo they knowm and that is certainly not how you play the deck. Inzektor is more than Dragonfly pop, Centipede pop, and XYZ Rank 3. Wellm now it doesn’t matter because all those guys will quit the deck and only the real bug players will keep playing the deck.

-Scorpion67- : Time wizard, take me back to YCS Tacoma

YCS Tacoma November 2012
Michael Stibbins YCS Winner Deck List

Deck List
Spoiler:

Deck Picture
Spoiler:

Finally someone did it! Michael Stibbins takes the YCS Tacoma champion’s title with Inzektors and he did it with a crippled deck. Now the word is out that Inzektors are not dead they’re harder to play but not dead at all and that’s only the beginning. Now the other Inzektor players want to prove that they can do it too and we will see Inzektors topping YCS’s and Regionals again

Oscar Renderos Arizona Regional Inzektor Top 8(February 2013)
Spoiler:
Shaun Suitz Godly 4th place United Kingdom Regional(February 2013)
Spoiler:

That’s too much! People can’t take it anymore, they thought they finally got rid of Inzektors once and for all, but these hardcore bug players won’t give up on playing them. This can’t continue. Hornet must be banned! That’s the word on YGO street. They hate bugs, they can’t beat them, and they don’t want to join them. Inzektor Hornet has to get out. Konami crippled the deck pretty badly with the March September 2012 banlist, and people really thought Inzektors were dead, and so they were happy. But they can’t stand the fact that some people still win with the deck. If that’s not enough to win the title of the most hated deck ever, I don’t know what it will take.

Well that’s the reason why I believe that Inzektors need a proper tribute. I am tired of hearing bullshit on YouTube from players who think they know what they talking about and they really don’t know shit about Inzektors. Some of them even were surprised when they learned that Michael Stibbins was running Threatening Roar in Inzektors when Threatening Roar in Inzektors is not a new concept. I also wrote this article to give a tribute to every player that worked hard to take this deck to the next level, especially Billy Brake.

Now I don’t know if you want know my personal opinion on Inzektors, but I will give it anyways because you can’t stay silent when it comes to Inzektors. The archetype with TRIPLE HORNET and TRIPLE DRAGONFLY is definitely BROKEN. Such an archtype should have never come into the game. But you know what, there are a lot of things that should never have come into this game. Hornet is one card on forty, handle it and you’ll be okay. Some decks in the format already have ways to handle it in main deck such as Darkflare Dragon for Chaos Dragons, Macro Cosmos in Macro Rabbit etc… Also we always had to deal with broken decks in this game, but for some reason this time, people are complaining about a deck that isn’t even top tier. Interesting. There’s so many things that we should get rid of this game before hornet but again, that’s just my opinion, who am I to judge the game 

Well to end this article I should tell you that if Hornet is hit I might just quit the deck, and if Inzektors aren’t touched by the banlist, I might play them again, but why would I waste my time with that, I will play the deck that I consider the most broken and that give me the most fun and you know why? Because that’s why we play Yu-Gi-Oh, we like broken combos and broken cards, otherwise we will be playing something else.

This is an Inzektor duel video I made for you guyz

I want to thank everyone that took the time to read the whole article because it took lots of work and research to put this article together. It is somehow the article I had the most fun writing too. I know that most of the people will hate me for writing this shit but hey, did the hate stop Yugi from running cards like pot of greed or The Seal of Orichalcos Wink

I hope you wither enjoy or hate what I just wrote for you guys and remember to register to the new DLKz Chanel if you like our contents.

-Scorpion67- Out!
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

PostSubject: Re: A Tribute to The Most Hated Deck Ever!   A Tribute to The Most Hated Deck Ever! EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 9:28 am

A Tribute to The Most Hated Deck Ever! Beer-cheers
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: A Tribute to The Most Hated Deck Ever!   A Tribute to The Most Hated Deck Ever! EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 1:29 pm

Inzektors were indeed an annoying deck, but personally I could think of other more annoying decks. But that is probably just me.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: A Tribute to The Most Hated Deck Ever!   A Tribute to The Most Hated Deck Ever! EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 2:32 pm

Vongola-x wrote:
Inzektors were indeed an annoying deck, but personally I could think of other more annoying decks. But that is probably just me.
No no, I completely agree. Saying that the deck is the most hated of all time and that Hornet is the most hated card of all time is absolutely ridiculous.

However, I do like the article's comprehensiveness, for sure. Pretty damn good history of the deck and its evolutions. I'd give it an 8.5/10, with the points off for the huge bias. ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
SmokeyHowle

SmokeyHowle

PostSubject: Re: A Tribute to The Most Hated Deck Ever!   A Tribute to The Most Hated Deck Ever! EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:27 am

i always thought either blackwings or lightsworns were the most hated...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Tribute to The Most Hated Deck Ever!   A Tribute to The Most Hated Deck Ever! Empty

Back to top Go down

A Tribute to The Most Hated Deck Ever!
Page 1 of 1