Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDarkness Evils take Today I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Darkness Evils take Today

Go down 
+6
j0hnb0i
NotSoGallantGallade
Scorpion67
LegendaryFrost
King007
darkness evil
10 posters
AuthorMessage
darkness evil

darkness evil

Darkness Evils take Today Empty
PostSubject: Darkness Evils take Today   Darkness Evils take Today EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 11:45 pm

Hello, DGA its darkness evil, I know I havent been active here in a while. So I've decided to write an article to give something in return.

Its around the end of the format and I'm so bored, it usually happens around the end of the format, but this format has made me super bored, and I've actually stopped playing advanced format, till next format is here.

I will start off the article with a list of what made the format so boring to me, and give examples proving my points.

1.The lack of skill, I started playing YGO to show how good i am, and out playing my opponent, now I actually dont put thought into my place, and still able to win, and sometimes I play against someone who doesn't know basic rulings and lose.

2. I shouldn't complain about this, since I hated the set 5 pass format, but we really have to much S/T hate.

3. This goes with the above point, the lack of backrows forces us to play hand traps, Effect Veiler, is the best example, I really dont like the card at all, will talk more about it in a sec.

4. Losing, I know its part of the game, but losing to someone better than you makes you work hard, losing to someone worse just pisses me off.

5. No room for techs, or being creative, too much OVER USED cards

6. Game is too fast, you cant use deck that require set up, its kill or be killed, you dont have time to draw into cards, at times.

All the above reasons, and more have made me bored with the games current state, I will go into details and examples.

1. The game has lost its skill factor it used to be more skill than luck now its just the opposite, I've actually lost my skill, game is too auto-pilot for me to play it differently, I've actually stopped dueling in the competitive area now.
Lets give an example of a Skilled player in and older format, and a so called skilled player today.(not even gonna go far back with the old format, just couple formats ago)

Old Format Player:
I've lost game 1 due to my opponents Thunder King Rai-Oh aka TKR, your going first, you know your opponent has a TKR, hes playing an Anti meta deck, While your playing X-sabers, you open XX-saber Darksoul, Mystical Space Typhoon, Bottomless trap Hole, Dimensional Prison, and X-saber Airebellum,
you expect your opponent to side in cards like Macro Cosmos, and Dimensional Fissure. Now you have options to think about, set you Darksoul, and set BTH or prison to get rid of ThunderKing so it doesn't Stop your Darksoul search later on, or your attempt to synchro summon, you have the option on summoning Airbellum and setting BTH or D-prison, then using MST on what ever backrow the set to attack directly and make them lose a card from hand. Or you can save the MST for a Macro, and risk attacking and losing your Airbellum, you can set 1 of your traps and lose it to a MST, or set both to protect yourself from a random MST. See that 1 turn may effect the game, your trying to get into your opponents head and figuring out what he will do to try and out play him, there is so many moves you can make, and not every player thinks the same way, even if they open with the same hand.

Now todays format:
You've lost game 1 you know a lot of opponents play style and cards, you open with Rescue rabbit, Solemn Warning, MST, BTH, and D-priosn, here you dont care what opponent plays you drop that rabbit and set all your cards you could care less what else you drew, if your lucky and top a TGU, you 90% won that game just for going first, or just because your opponent didnt have a Veiler. These 2 examples show the difference, the first player may be considered average depending on how he played it out, the second player can be considered a pro just because he won a tourney doing that same move over and over again.
The problem is I dont think I can win with a skilled deck anymore, If i dont play auto-pilot I missplay crazy, i got used to the deck playing itself. I played an older format with some friends on DN, I missplayed a lot, its like my first time playing Yugioh.

The Number 2 thing on the list is all the S/T hate, dont take me wrong I never want heavy storm to get banned, but we have too much S/T hate, Heavy storms punishes you for overextending your back row, so set 1 card opponent wont waste heavy on that, but now he can waste an MST, he playes 3, random MST's are played so often, sometime i set 2, after opponent wastes his heavy or mills it, but i get hit by a double mst, and he still has one for any problem later in the duel. Traps are dying out, along with decks like T.g, Gravekeepers, Gladiator Beast, Blackwings, and anyform of stun and control decks, the Game is supposed to be monster vs monster with cards to back them up, now its player vs a dozen monsters after all my protection was gone.

Number 3, this could be really biased, but i HATE Effect Veiler, and do have some hate for Maxx C as well, because of the lack of traps, we use these hand traps, also because the random loops the we have, (Well not random, im talking to you windups), and the first turn power plays that are hard to recover from, aka Rabbit, we are force to main these cards, they take up space, we could use for techs, and they kill of other decks that set up. For example I play a Miracle Diva deck, I play couple of turns setting up and was able to out play my opponent, and set all my pieces, now its time for my power play, i got around all my opponents backrows and im ready to drop my Ace in the whole, or my power play, i summon diva it gets veilered, its hard to play around you dont know if its there or not, and you cant actualy interact with it. So your setting was for nothing, and your stuck with a 200 atk monster, your opponent made bad plays all game now he can just win from there. Same goes for a lot of decks that dont see play anymore because they lose to a veiler, and yes there are decks that lose just to veiler. But if we dont use them we cant play vs meta, I dont like to be forced to main something in my deck.

The forth thing on the list, is the reason i dont play competitive, Last to war matches ive had for DLK, I lost to Noobs, one of them was asking me ruling questions, and if he can do this, and that, during the war match yet i couldnt beat him, that made me feel like a N00b even tho i know im better than him, it makes you feel like quitting Razz

We dont have room for any techs because were forced to play some cards, let me make a deck off the top of my head,

Monsters:
3x Tourgueid
1x Sangan
2-3 Effect veiler
Gorz
BLS(As long as u can play 3 tourguied and 3 effect veiler u can splash this in, but not seen as much play now)

Spells:
2-3 MST
1x Heavy
1x monster reborn
1x Darkhole
1x Book of Moon
0-2 Forbidden lance(sees play in rabbit, inzektors and some chaos dragon builds)

Traps:
1x Solemn Judgement
2x Solemn warning
2x Torential Tribiute
0-2 Bottomless trap hole(seeing more play with no prio)

And then u thro in your inzektors, or your rabbit, and Dinosaurs, you cant be a little creative and put your own twist on the deck, because we are forced to play most of these cards. A couple of days ago, me and scorp tried to make an atlanteans deck but we couldnt, cuz our originality is gone, when i started to make the deck i looked like the thing above, but i didnt like the idea that i cant look into more water support cards and work out something new, just because water decks arent played in the meta. The game is killing people skills instead of letting us show it off.

The fast game pace of the game, the game ends before it begins, there are times where you know youve won from your opening hand, so even if you were able to find space for good techs, you can rarely draw into them and show your techs, i dont want the game to take forever, but it would be nice to play more than 3-4 turns, just saying.

Can we Fix things, well we cant, Konami can, and looking at the new sets coming, Return of the Duelist, and Abyss rising, all the archtypes in them are really bad compared to todays format, which seems like konami is finaly learning its lesson, with broke archtypes. So what they need to sell those packs, and archtypes is to hit, a lot of the things we have now, so i will give my thoughts on a banlist, will go by decks then post a final look for the banlist.

Rabbit Decks:
Main thing to hit is Rabbit and tourgueid,
Rabbit @ 2, and tourguied, at eaither 2 or 1
2 rabbit makes it less likely to be opened with, and 1 or 2 TGU makes it even harder to easily get Laggia or Dolkka.

Wind-Ups:
Hunter banned is what we all ask for, kill the loop. But i think they should be slowed down even with no loop they can be really aggresive deck
Zenmaighty/rat to 1 Kills the loops and slows it the deck a bit down
Magician/Shark and Wind-up rabbit/wind-up factory to 2 shark or magician should be hit, just for summon magician and having a shark in hand u can summon 2 Xyz monsters, rank 4, and rank 3 or 5, thats to much, as for rabbit i feel like its abused with factory so one of them should go down a bit, would prefer rabbit.

Inzektors:
Hornet to 1, making them think before throwing there only hornet away, a d.d crow could end it for them
Centapide to 1 or 2, the reason im hitting centapide over dragonfly is because Konami hits consistency over power, dragonfly is the power tool but centapided is the card the completes the loop. But it doesnt matter much any 2 cards of the 3 key inzektor cards to be hit will slow down the deck a lot.

Heroes:
A lot of people say but there not really good, well in tcg they arent in ocg they won WCQ, what i see may happen, Stratos @ 0 or E-call to 1, again hitting consistency, and i see miracle being hit going to 1 or 2

Six Samurai:
I really want this to happen, Gateway should be banned, it just wins the game just because u draw it, and with the new structure deck coming out the may let SSS go back to 3, if they do this card needs to go.

Gadgets:
They did really well in the WCQ along with heros, there really isnt anything to hit, but Ultimate offering can go to 1, if they pull it off they win, Maybe also Ban Limit removal, its also a card that gives u a win just for drawing into it.

Darkworlds:
They havent done much but with all top decks getting hit, they should hit this deck as well, Card destruction to 0, its just an unfair card in darkworlds.
Snow to 1 or 2, hitting consitency over power, snow over garpha.

Dragon decks:
Future Fusion should be banned, a Painful choice in dragons, and soon we will have all Hero fusions, we dont know how long it will take to get another FTK using this card
Red-eyes Darkness metal dragon to 1, this hits chaos dragons TCG and hieratics for the OCG. Easy to get out 2800 isnt something you can laugh at, and can summon a dragon once per turn. In the OCG get to and get otked by Gustaph, i think it should go to 1.

SO the list im going to post, is more of a hope than a prediction, its going to be big because i will try to slow things down to make the new cards more competitive.

Banned:
BLS ( He had his fun time to go back)
Monster reborn( 1 of the 3 power spells should leave)
Mind Control( its really strong in the Xyz era, aslo konami made a weaker version of it in abyss rising)
Gateway of the Six
Pot Of Avarice(when it was made it was hard to use, now its a sack card gives u a plus and recycles ur loops).
Future Fusion
Card Destruction

Limited:
Wind-up Zenmaighty/Wind-up rat
Tourguied of the Underworld( or at 2)
Mystical Spacee typhoon( night beam was made and we need less S/T hate)
Effect Veiler(I said i dont like it Razz)
Solemn warning( with MST at 1, this at 1 would be better imo)
Red-eyes Darkness metal dragon
Ultimate Offering
E-call
Inzektor Hornet
Inzektor Centapide
Dark Magician Of chaos( to sell the Spellcaster archtype)
Tribe infecting Virus,(works wonders with Mermail, and Atlanteans)

Semi-Limited:
Rescue Rabbit
Miracle fusion
DW snow
Book of moon(Slows stuff down, but not sure with No more prio if it should move up)
T.G Striker( should'nt have went to 1 in the first place)
Id like to Say Mezuki and Gale, but i dont think konami will want to bring old decks back, but if they will id like to see gale and mezuki at 2.

Unlimted i really dont care, but konami usually unlimits some random cards, a lot of people saying eaither Mali, or destiny draw will be unlimited, D-her Mali can be used to Xyz, but its better for Synchro support so not sure about what will happen.

Anyway Im done complaining and i want to know what you guys think of the format, and what changes you want to see, so feel free to discuss them.
Thats all I have for this time Hope you guys liked it, DE Logging Out .
Back to top Go down
King007
Nostalgic Tourney Organizer
King007

PostSubject: Re: Darkness Evils take Today   Darkness Evils take Today EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:14 am

i enjoyed reading this article and i agree with what u said Smile

+1 for you !
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Darkness Evils take Today   Darkness Evils take Today EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:23 am

nice work, as for rabbit I prefer the method of limiting laggia as well seeing as rabbit is only powerful because the time it takes to get rid of one laggia usually allows him to get access to rabbit and go for another
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

PostSubject: Re: Darkness Evils take Today   Darkness Evils take Today EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:31 am

Well ya was thinking of that, as well but evols can play laggia and hes more skilled to get out so why hurt there only toy to become competitive, but hitting rabbit to 2, and laggia to 1 is another good option
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Darkness Evils take Today   Darkness Evils take Today EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:07 am

Its really sad to see how konami kills creativity Sad and I agree with veiler and maxx c. Now that we can play unlimited cards in DN and we can play older formats you really realise how this game was much better back in the days. Oppression is a card that should come back, Opression forces players to do smart moves to play arround it while hand traps just fucks you up no matter if your a noob or a pro.

aneways, Good job DE Smile
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: Darkness Evils take Today   Darkness Evils take Today EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 2:58 pm

Just a couple points I wanna make:

1. I personally feel like HEROs need Super Poly hit, maybe more than any other card, because E-HERO Escuridao is going to get released not long from now, thus giving the card a target for every attribute. Plus, the sheer fact that the opponent can just pitch a dead card (or set up their grave for Miracle), take down your monster (which is especially hurtful if it's a boss monster or Zenmaines or something), and you can't even respond to the card because it's "spell speed 4." If you have a Bottomless or Torrential for the summon, great, but watch as they then just Miracle Fuse afterwards or something. xD
Hitting E-Call or Miracle Fusion would definitely be great as well (though I doubt Konami will do anything with HEROs until maybe March), but Super Poly is going to be a huge power card (even more than now) once it can be mained and abused against every deck.

2. I made an Atlantean deck without TGU and that stuff just fine. Razz

No, but seriously, I understand why people complain so much about the format, and it IS damn bad. I cringe every time I get noobsacked by Rabbit, or some random guy uses Future Fusion to set his Grave up for life in Chaos Dragons. But when people, really good duelists too, give up on the game (or at least competitive play) because of it, that makes me cringe even more. It's like saying they have no creativity to try and at least throw in some techs in their decks/side decks, no ability to make meta calls like playing the forgotten Wind-Ups at WCQ, not wanting to adjust their style and tweak their deck so that they can better prepare for their tougher matchups... yet don't want to be a sheep and run a top deck. The last point is fine, and I, slight hipster that I am, can see that. I still play a couple "Tier 1" decks, but with my own techs, and I sure as hell don't do it just to play a "Tier 1" deck. The others, though, just make me sad, especially when it happens to someone like you or Harper.

I sure as hell don't want to sound like I'm calling you out on that, or anything of that nature, because I really do understand where you're coming from and why you've shut down competitively for a while. But at least to me, part of the fun of the game stems from discovering new cards to use against the meta, constantly tweaking one's deck to take on the big boys, and, above all, the feeling of accomplishment when one does beat one of the bandwagoners, one of the sheep. I've been able to do that quite a bit, crappy as I am as a duelist, just by taking a deck I felt had a ton of potential but was seeing misuse (IMO), warping it to fit my needs, then tweaking it endlessly until I found my current mix. Right now, it's my main deck on DN, and I'm going to build it in real life, right next to my Evols, where I've chosen to run 2 Elias (Lv. 6) as a meta call, because Evolzar Solda is amazing against many decks (HAHAHAHA Inzektors).

And the looks I get when I go Solda first turn are priceless. xD

In any case, you of all people should definitely be able to do that, talented as you are as a duelist. It's a shame the game has driven you to the point of taking a siesta from it, but at the same time, it can say a little something about the duelist to see what they do when the going gets rough... or just really stale.

Great article nonetheless, and I hope to see you back into the game more come September~

EDITS:
If Oppression comes back, I'm playing Falcon Control .-.

Laggia should not get hit because of Rabbit. Hit Rabbit and/or TGU, but don't punish Evols as collateral because Rabbit makes him so easy to use. Hit Rabbit and the deck becomes unreliable, Laggia becomes less abusable there, and will see light only in Evols and decks that tech a set of Guaibas or something.
Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
darkness evil

darkness evil

PostSubject: Re: Darkness Evils take Today   Darkness Evils take Today EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 3:36 pm

I didnt stop just because im losing, i stopped cuz its bored, but i still do banlist predictions, of some sort and test out things for next format, this format is already over, no major events will occur. Im bored of playing the same thing, and against the same thing, i want to show my talent not just do basic moves thats all Razz
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Darkness Evils take Today   Darkness Evils take Today EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:56 pm

awesome article! really good read.
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

PostSubject: Re: Darkness Evils take Today   Darkness Evils take Today EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:41 pm

It's easier for shitty players to win and it's also harder for good players to win.
That's because the skill gap has shortened.
In too many situations it doesn't matter how good you are, you are still going to lose no matter what you do.

Most of the time, if a person wins a game it's not because: " Yeah, I outplayed him!" it's because " I sacked the living crap out of him and luckily he didn't open Rabbit+Tourguide ,otherwise I would've been screwed"

Even if you're a good player and want to play something different,deckbuilding doesn't really matter because you basically have 3 options:
1. play Anti-Meta ( which is a bad idea imo because of the speed of the format.)
2. play a deck that is just as/more broken and retarded than established decks
3. lose because your deck isn't as broken as established decks

Sorry guys, but the format is just BS right now and anyone who doesn't play "just for fun" and wants to get better and accomplish something should take a break imo , because it's just too frustrating.

Back to top Go down
rjuto

rjuto

PostSubject: Re: Darkness Evils take Today   Darkness Evils take Today EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 6:41 am

Well, this might be the first time I read an entire article. Maybe it's because I couldn't agree more.
Just one thing. Hitting Heros is not the way to go...Maybe if they hit Heavy, but it's not going to happen so...
I've been winning plenty of war matches with Hero Beatdown and I believe I didn't lose what it takes to run and win with control/non tier 1 decks. Still, if I lose, I always lose to sacking.

And wtf is wrong with this game. Every freaking person sides decree and draws it g3. Once you finally get rid of it, heavy...It always comes down to who sacks who. meh.
I never thought I would have to use Maxx or Veiler in Control decks...but yeah, time has come. U rape wind-ups, and you get raped by Chaos Dragon later. 1 thing is certain, you'll lose for sure.

I'm just sick of this.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Darkness Evils take Today   Darkness Evils take Today EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 6:44 am

And so we wait, looking forward into the future, and hoping that the next format brings us closer to our goals...
Back to top Go down
The Crocodile

The Crocodile

PostSubject: Re: Darkness Evils take Today   Darkness Evils take Today EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:13 pm

Thats hell of a big article, but still i did read it till the end. Making me post is already a good sign for you Smile

I agree, this format made many players stop playing yugioh, and i couldn't agree more on the "this format kills creativity" thing, its just true and competitive play is a little circle of 3-4 decks playing around.

Personally, for me this format didn't mean much because i retired since its begining till last month, but IF I WAS ACTIVE at that time, i would have played few times with meta decks so i get to know them, but right after, i would have moved on to creative fun builds that are very good and entertaining to play with. Konami did kill competitive play, but you were still left with your option not to play competitive but for fun with your friends.
Konami forced people to make expensive decks and forced them to use 1 general template of any competitive deck (which you explained above). It was just for getting money i guess.

I entirely agree with you about old player thoughts and the thoughts of today's player, the todays one doesn't even need to use his brain to win, his deck is auto-pilot, but old player skills were definitely different and you could rank people by their skill and thats not today's case.

To be honest, i disagree with a lot of things in your banlist predictions. Guess why...Konami NEVER EVER did radical changes in any format except the one that killed synchro monsters, the next format will only lets say "balance" (false balancing) the current meta, so they get us haters back to game.

So rabbit might get hit by -1
tour guide -1
lagia -1 to -2
zenmaines -2
hornet -2
wind up hunter -2
super poly -1 to -2 (probably -2)

banned:
no new

AND they eventually might take off some existing restrictions from older cards to let the older decks breathe at least

and there wont be any changes that make the next format a lot different than this one, the meta will still remain meta with new ways to victory, chaos will be free as it is now, and BLS with it.

In my opinion, they will get the new "low" archetypes on their feet and they will become tier 2 or eventually 1 or 2 of them will be just a bit closer to meta, and later konami will probably make booster packs that will support the new archetypes, so 1 of them becomes true meta

You can forget about old decks, they will not be ever used again like they used to be. They are killed until zexal finishes. Konami makes people focus on new xyz cards and wants money. Did you see any real new synchro monster that pwns xyz monsters? NO! of course not, any new synchro is no use in comparison to xyz monsters.

Ill now give you my opinion about overall writing and stuff Smile

Your writing is nice, although it should be more entertaining like some other articles, so you feel less pessimism in it, but still, its a very good article,i like it, dont misunderstand me please Smile

crockz

Back to top Go down
Snilly

Snilly

PostSubject: Re: Darkness Evils take Today   Darkness Evils take Today EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:46 am

darkness evil wrote:

Rabbit Decks:
Main thing to hit is Rabbit and tourgueid,
Rabbit @ 2, and tourguied, at eaither 2 or 1
2 rabbit makes it less likely to be opened with, and 1 or 2 TGU makes it even harder to easily get Laggia or Dolkka.

I agree with Rabbit getting hit and not the boss monsters of the evols just because there is a deck that can abuse them. I don't think Konami will limit TGU though especially since TGU is being printed in the OCG.

darkness evil wrote:

Wind-Ups:
Hunter banned is what we all ask for, kill the loop. But i think they should be slowed down even with no loop they can be really aggresive deck
Zenmaighty/rat to 1 Kills the loops and slows it the deck a bit down
Magician/Shark and Wind-up rabbit/wind-up factory to 2 shark or magician should be hit, just for summon magician and having a shark in hand u can summon 2 Xyz monsters, rank 4, and rank 3 or 5, thats to much, as for rabbit i feel like its abused with factory so one of them should go down a bit, would prefer rabbit.

I think only Hunter needs to be hit so none of the Winderp decks are handloop decks which screw you over turn one. Don't know a lot about WU but people usually lose because of the handloop and not because of the xyz spam.

darkness evil wrote:

Inzektors:
Hornet to 1, making them think before throwing there only hornet away, a d.d crow could end it for them
Centapide to 1 or 2, the reason im hitting centapide over dragonfly is because Konami hits consistency over power, dragonfly is the power tool but centapided is the card the completes the loop. But it doesnt matter much any 2 cards of the 3 key inzektor cards to be hit will slow down the deck a lot.

I disagree here. A lot of people say hornet or centi should be hit but I think it's better to just limit dragonfly to 1 so you don't get to swarm the field as much. I guess Hornet to 1 would be good too since that wouldn't mean Inzektors wouldn't have as much field advantage.

darkness evil wrote:

Heroes:
A lot of people say but there not really good, well in tcg they arent in ocg they won WCQ, what i see may happen, Stratos @ 0 or E-call to 1, again hitting consistency, and i see miracle being hit going to 1 or 2

I think you're wrong about Stratos and E-Call but I do think miracle fusion should be hit along with super poly because the last omni hero is coming out soon which makes super poly a lot better in the meta

darkness evil wrote:

Darkworlds:
They havent done much but with all top decks getting hit, they should hit this deck as well, Card destruction to 0, its just an unfair card in darkworlds.
Snow to 1 or 2, hitting consitency over power, snow over garpha.

Yes. A thousand times yes. This deck is pretty much the only strong deck that can abuse card destruction and it is really unfair if they get it early. Not so sure about Snoww though. Konami really hasn't touched DW at all though so they just might leave it as it is.

darkness evil wrote:

Dragon decks:
Future Fusion should be banned, a Painful choice in dragons, and soon we will have all Hero fusions, we dont know how long it will take to get another FTK using this card
Red-eyes Darkness metal dragon to 1, this hits chaos dragons TCG and hieratics for the OCG. Easy to get out 2800 isnt something you can laugh at, and can summon a dragon once per turn. In the OCG get to and get otked by Gustaph, i think it should go to 1.

Totally agree here. Future fusion is not being used for its original purpose, which was to be used as a way to get out fusions that are normally hard to get. Rather it's being used as 5 foolish burials and only dragons really run this card. Hero decks usually don't especially lightbeat. I don't think Konami will put REDMD to 1 especially since they're releasing Gustaph in the TCG very soon.

darkness evil wrote:

Banned:
BLS ( He had his fun time to go back) .
Monster reborn( 1 of the 3 power spells should leave)
Mind Control( its really strong in the Xyz era, aslo konami made a weaker version of it in abyss rising) Konami really wants to push XYZ's right now so I think they'll keep it.
Future Fusion
Card Destruction

BLS should be gone. A 3000 beater than can attack twice or remove a card on the field.
Reborn is a lot like BLS in that if you have it, it usually wins games because it's a free special summon.
Konami really wants to push XYZ's right now so I think Mind Control will stay
Future Fusion and Card Destruction should go because they're being abused by 2 decks and other decks can't use them. Also they're not being used for their intended purposes.

darkness evil wrote:

Limited:
Wind-up Zenmaighty/Wind-up rat
Tourguied of the Underworld( or at 2)
Mystical Spacee typhoon( night beam was made and we need less S/T hate)
Ultimate Offering
Dark Magician Of chaos( to sell the Spellcaster archtype)
Tribe infecting Virus,(works wonders with Mermail, and Atlanteans)
Rat/Zenmaity is fine imo does not to be touched and Rat got reprinted. Even though it was a horrible set it did get reprinted in haunted mine which usually means that it won't be on the banlist but oppression was limited after it got reprinted in gold.

With TGU on its way to being printed in the OCG I don't think this will happen. It also probably won't happen because Konami wants everyone to use XYZ decks. But instead of this I would like to see Leviair hit, but that's just me.

MST used to be at 1 so this seems good. It's just that Night Beam has a pretty high rarity in the TCG because of Konami's rarity bumps so I would not like to see the price of Night Beam going up just because MST would get limited.

Why limit offering? Gadgets aren't a very big threat and other than that not many decks use offering.

If you look at the REDU and Abyss Rising set the spellcaster archtype is looking really good already, they don't need DMOC even though if they had it, it would just make the archtype a lot better. And oh god no don't bring that card back especially since it would be extremely easy to get out in the first few turns. Especially since it is just another way to recycle spellbooks. BUT if this did get limited I would definitely start building my Magicals and wait until the Abyss Rising support.

Oh god no don't bring tribe back. I know it's what you want but it would kill pretty much every deck in the current meta atm and it would take out a lot of fun for YGO players. Then again format hasn't really been fun with all the meta decks running around. And it really wouldn't be fair if it would only work really well with Mermails and Atlanteans because when a card is abused by a deck and only that deck can use the card it's usually the reason why we hate it so much(I'm looking at you Future Fusion).

darkness evil wrote:

Semi-Limited:
Rescue Rabbit
Miracle fusion
Book of moon(Slows stuff down, but not sure with No more prio if it should move up)
T.G Striker( should'nt have went to 1 in the first place)
Id like to Say Mezuki and Gale, but i dont think konami will want to bring old decks back, but if they will id like to see gale and mezuki at 2.

I would like Rabbit at 1
Miracle Fusion at 2 creates less abuse
Book imo shouldn't have been touched to 1 in the first place I think 2 is better.
The striker hit was unnecessary and unfair imo but then again it's easy to get out and it's a tuner. And Konami doesn't want people playing synchros, as you can tell by this format and the last ban list.

NotSoGallantGallade wrote:

I've been able to do that quite a bit, crappy as I am as a duelist, just by taking a deck I felt had a ton of potential but was seeing misuse (IMO), warping it to fit my needs, then tweaking it endlessly until I found my current mix. Right now, it's my main deck on DN, and I'm going to build it in real life

Huehuehue I know what deck you're talking about.

NotSoGallantGallade wrote:

Laggia should not get hit because of Rabbit. Hit Rabbit and/or TGU, but don't punish Evols as collateral because Rabbit makes him so easy to use. Hit Rabbit and the deck becomes unreliable, Laggia becomes less abusable there, and will see light only in Evols and decks that tech a set of Guaibas or something.
Yes plz.

As for the format I haven't been playing YGO for all that long. I've only been around for one format and I still haven't got my real deck together. Though I will be pretty close once the new tins come out. Razz I do agree though that the meta or tier 1 decks revolve around one play and anyone could use them without thinking about what to do just because that deck has one play that makes it extremely powerful and you don't need anything else.

Sorry for wall of text although most of it was quotes.

EDIT: I would love to see blackwings get some love and maybe get gale to 2 or whirlwind to 2. Please. Sad(( I mean it's not like Winderp factory got touched.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darkness Evils take Today   Darkness Evils take Today Empty

Back to top Go down

Darkness Evils take Today
Page 1 of 1