Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homegorz, emissary of darkness I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

gorz, emissary of darkness

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nivedo

Nivedo

gorz, emissary of darkness Empty
PostSubject: gorz, emissary of darkness   gorz, emissary of darkness EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 1:28 pm

i was just curious about what all could possibly stop gorz from coming out. for example could someone use orange heralds effect to get rid of gorz? or what all are ways in general to stop gorz.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: gorz, emissary of darkness   gorz, emissary of darkness EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 1:59 pm

Stuff like Herald and Doomcal somehow are able to, which truthfully doesn't make a whole lot of sense, just like spell speed 2 cards that affect atk being able to also activate in the damage step. Besides them, I think only counter traps can (NOT Judgment though. It doesn't stop summons by effect)
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: gorz, emissary of darkness   gorz, emissary of darkness EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 2:04 pm

woops, ok i guess that person i dueled was right about herald then. woops, oh well, im sure i would have been able to retaliate from it anyways. but about the second part you said, would that mean that warning could stop his summon?
Back to top Go down
rjuto

rjuto

PostSubject: Re: gorz, emissary of darkness   gorz, emissary of darkness EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 2:29 pm

Gorz's summon happens during the resolution of his trigger effect, wich activates in the player's hand when battle damage is inflicted.

Any card (spell speed 2 or higher) capable of negating the activation of a monster effect can be chained to it, as long as that card can be activated during damage step.

Examples are Solemn Warning (negates an effect that special summons a monster), Herald of Orange Light, War Chariot, Divine Wrath, Doomcaliber etc.

Sidenote:

Any Counter Trap can be activated in damage step, and any monster effect capable of negating another card effect can also be activated in damage step.
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: gorz, emissary of darkness   gorz, emissary of darkness EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 2:50 pm

ok well that more or less clears everything up for me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gorz, emissary of darkness   gorz, emissary of darkness Empty

Back to top Go down

gorz, emissary of darkness
Page 1 of 1