Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeBattle Nexus, prolouge and chapter 1 I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle Nexus, prolouge and chapter 1

Go down 
AuthorMessage
allanpike

allanpike

Battle Nexus, prolouge and chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Battle Nexus, prolouge and chapter 1   Battle Nexus, prolouge and chapter 1 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:40 am

Starting stories is always something I can do. But writing them out for a decent length, let alone finishing them is something I haven’t been able to do.

I suspect this shall be the hardest, for I have never written a story quite like this before… the setting makes it all the more harder.

I can only hope I can completely make this story.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The final ride of the six singers. Preparing for the next stage in their lives, taking their own separate paths. The Crimson Dragon flies past them. Taking back the birthmarks to leave them free from its burden, its strength was not needed anymore.

That is what was supposed to happen.

A happy ever after ending after all these trails and effort. All the pain and suffering they had gone through… they deserved to go on happy in live.

Something however had other plans.

As it took back the birthmarks, the Crimson Dragon lowered its guard, a moment of weakness in an eon off strength. It was at this moment, that things changed forever.

A power beyond anything that had ever come to this planet struck. It had been watching and waiting, viewing many time zones at once, seeing its enemies and waiting for the moment…

This was one of the moments.

In one powerful blow, the Crimson dragon was utterly destroyed. Almost killing the six singers also. But luck intervened, through they where tossed away, and much of the road they where on destroyed and their vehicles damaged. Bruised and hurt, they lived. Lived to see the flaming destruction wrought in a single strike. To see the dark silhouette appear in the flames, and the being emerge from them.

“Well well well, looks like you actually survived. I thought you would have been killed along with the Crimson dragon… but no matter you shall be easy to eliminate, and it a much more fun way!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short, but it sets the stage for the start of this story.

Let the questions come thick and fast, your curiously be roused so they can be quenched as the story progresses.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here it is. Chapter one. (The last thing was a prologue in case you don't know)

Last time we saw the destruction of the Crimson Dragon, and a figure emerge from the flames of the destruction, declaring that it would be more fun to eliminate the singer's 'this way'.

Who is he? What does it want? What is 'this way' he talks about?

Let us find out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One minute.

Two minutes.

Three. Four.

Five.

After the emergence of the figure, after the destruction of the Crimson Dragon, after the figure said how much fun 'this way' would be. It took five minutes for the silence to be broken. So profound was the shock that none of the six Signers could speak. Indeed, it wasn't any of them that broke the silence.

"Are any of your actually going to say anything!" The figure snapped, the angry bellow snapping the Singers out of their shock, and allowing them to truly look at the figure that had destroyed the Crimson Dragon… or at least, the form he had taken.

Simply by looking at him, one could tell that this was not his natural… or true form. It was more of a shell… something to be worn whilst in this world and to be discarded afterwards.

The figure appeared as a man… no. A giant of a man. Standing at an imposing seven feet high, and as broad and muscular as a world champion weight lifter. He was a very intimidating being from sheer size alone. But them one saw what he was carrying… a sword.

Not just any sword however. This one was easily as tall as himself, and a wide as his chest. It was a weapon of insane proportions. Yet he carried it with ease… with one hand. One single hand carried this massive weapon. Admittedly, he did carry it resting against his shoulder, but come on. With a weapon that size, what else are you going to freaking do?

"Who are you?" The greatest duelist of the Singers, and the one that defeated Z-ONE, Fudo Yusei was the very first to talk. Asking a question that everyone was asking.

"Now isn't that a question and a half." The figure said with a feral grin – revealing fangs that where more fit on a shark then a human. "I am known as Predator. But for you lot? The best name for me is Death."

"You're an arrogant one aren't you!" Altas Jack shouted at Predator, the king clenching his fists in anger. "Do you think you will be able to defeat us so easily!"

"Yes. I do. With one wave of my hand… nay. With one wave of my little finger, I could destroy you all instantly. But I seek not random destruction but entertainment." After this statement the figure lifted his sword of his shoulder, swinging it and holding it out in front of him, perpendicular to the surface of the road – or at least, it would be if the road was in good condition. As he held it out in front of him, a section of his sword began to 'glow' an ominous black near the hilt. Slowly another four sections appeared, spreading out along his weapon. Soon through they faded, and the Predator tilted his weapon, showing the Signers the outcome of what he had done.

"Now we can duel." The five sections had created slots on his blade just like a duel disk. Some would think that the being would be suicidal for challenging one of the Signers to a duel – after all, they where all powerful duelists that brought many opponents to their knees. However…

"I wish to see how the Signers can duel without the power lended to you by the Crimson Dragon… so I challenge you all here and now!"

"You really must be an idiot if you want to duel all of us at once." Hogan Crow said, even as he collected his duel disk from his precious Black Bird, readying for the duel.

"We have faced many enemies and rose over them all." Izayoi Aki continued, as she activated her duel disk.

"And those where one on one battles, never in something like this." Next was Ruka. One of the two child Signer's. Leaving only one left.

"We will beat you down with ease!" Finally, Rua spoke. The newest of the Signers, activating his duel disk.

"In this six on one duel, we all start with four thousand life points and you shall all have a turn before I do. None of us can attack on our first turn."

"Your only going to start with 4000 Lifepoints?" Crow exclaimed in surprise.

"Hmpth. You really must be arrogant if you think you can take us with only 4000 Lifepoints. I, Jack Altas will prove to you our might!" With those words, Jack activated his duel disk, making it so that everyone was ready.

"DUEL!"

"I shall go first!" Jack declared. "Draw!" Looking at the card he just drew, the tall duelist smirked. Just the card he needed. "Power Giant effects activates! By discarding one level four monster in my hand, I can special summon him from my hand!" As Jack sent a monster from his hand to the graveyard, a crystallized figure appeared. Level Six and with 2200 ATK points. "When Power Giant is summoned in this way, his level is lowered by the level of the monster discarded. The monster which I sent to the grave was a level one monster, next I normal summon Dark Resonator to the field!" The most used tuner monster in Jack's deck was now summoned to the field. Revealing its level 3 and 1300 ATK points.

"The total level of your monsters is eight." Predator observed, looking at the two monsters on Jack's field. "Summoning your Ace monster on your first turn hey?"

"That's right! We shall be coming at you with our full force!" Jack declared, thrusting a clenched fist aggressively in Predator's direction. "I am tuning my level three Dark Resonator to my level five Power Giant!" The fiend monster split into three stars which then grew into three rings which hovered above the battle field. Power Giant jumped into the rings, becoming insubstantial and 5 stars appearing scattered throughout its body. "The ruler's heartbeats will now file through here! Take witness to its creation-shaking power!" Jack chanted, as the five stars lined up, and a pillar of light engulfed Power Giant. "Synchro Summon! My very soul, Red Demon's Dragon!" Jack's ace monster, the most aggressive of all Signer Dragons emerged from the light, roaring proudly as it revealed its fearsome 3000 attack points. "Turn End."

Jack's LP: 4000.

Red Demon Dragon. Level 8. 3000 ATK.

"Alright Jack!" Rua cheered, pumping his first into the air impressed as to how quickly Jack had summoned his dragon. "Lets show him what we are made of!" He declared, as he drew his next card. "I normal summon Morptronic Scopen!" What looked like a microscope appeared on the field, before it folded out into a humanoid machine. Level 3 with 800 ATK points. "Scopen's effect activates! Once per turn while it is in attack mode. It allows me to special summon a level 4 or lower Morphtronic monster from my hand! And I choose Morphtronic Videon!" Like last time, an seemingly ordinary every day object appeared on the battle field - this one a video - before unfolding into a humanoid form. It was level four monster with 1000 ATK points.

"I am tuning my level 3 Scopon with my level 4 Videon!" Rua declared hyper actively, nearly jumping on the spot in excitement as Scopon separated into three green rings, with Videon jumping into the middle of them. "Docking strength with courage to protect world peace! Synchro Summon! Envoy of love and justice, Power Tool Dragon!" Whilst Red Demon Dragon had roared when it had emerged from the light of the Synchro summon, Power Tool Dragon was eerily silent as it came into view, the sun catching of its golden armour. "I'm not done yet!" Rua declared boldly. "Power Tool Dragon's effect activates! I can randomly add one Equip Spell Card to my hand!" The deck slotted into Rua's deck started shuffling rapidly, before stopping, the card on top further out then the others bellow. Drawing it the young duelist smirked, saying. "Alright, just the card I was hoping for! I activate the Equip Spell Card Double Tool C&D!" The dragon's weapon on its right arm transformed into a much more fearsome and large drill, while its scoop-hand transformed into a saw. "Now you got two powerful Synchro monsters to face and still four people left to go!" Rua declared with a grin. "There is no chance you are going to get pass our defence! End turn."

Rua's LP: 4000

Power Tool Dragon. Level 7. 2300 ATK. Equip: Double Tool D&C

"Time for Crow the Bullet-Sama to fire!" The orange haired duelist declared in his usual way. "Draw!" Bumping his hand number up to six, Crow looked at his hand and smiled. "The others have summoned their Signer Dragon's and I'll be damned if they are the only one! I normal summon Black Feather - Kochi the Daybreak to the field!" A bird with a long beak and wide man was what Crow summoned, a level 4 monster with 700 ATK "When a Black Feather monster in one the field, I can special summon Black Feather - Blast of Black Lance to the field!" This new winged beast was a humanoid one, with an insane grinning face, as it name suggested, it carried a huge lance in his hands. His attack was also level four, carrying an impressive 1700 ATK points. "I am tuning my Level 4 Kochi with my level 4 Black Lance!" Crow declared, as Kochi split into green rings - through unlike the other tuner's thus far, its number of rings equaled four. "Darkened squalls, become the wings that soar from resolved hope! Synchro Summon! Soar, Black Feather Dragon!" Soon the third Synchro monster appeared on the field. Ready and eager to battle with its 2800 ATK. "I set one card face down and end my turn."

Crow's LP: 4000

Black Feather Dragon. Level 8. 2800 ATK.

One Facedown Spell or Trap Card.

"That leaves things nicely set up for me." Aki said, the dressed up duelist drawing her sixth card. "I normal summon Night-Rose Knight." The lady duelist declared, placing the monster onto her duel disk. Instantly, a purple clad female warrior appeared on the field. "When this monster is summoned, I can special summon one level 4 or lower Plant-type monster from my hand." As she said this, Aki picked up another cad from her hand, and finished by placing it down next to her knight. "Come forth, Lord Poison!" The monster that appeared now could best be described as ugly. "I tune my level 3 Night-Rose Knight to my level four Lord Poison." The ex-physic duelist declared, as the now very familiar rings appeared, with Lord Poison becoming four stars that lined up and transformed into a beam of light. "Chilling flames engulf the entire world. Pitch-dark flower, set into bloom! Synchro Summon! Appear now, Black Rose Dragon!" With a roar, the beautiful and most destructive of the Signer Dragon's appeared; ready to fight with all its power. "End turn."

Aki's LP: 4000

Black Rose Dragon. Level 7. 2400 ATK.

"I'll go next." Ruka said softly but firmly, drawing her sixth card in the duel as she spoke. Looking at her hand, she slowly thought over what she could do. After she figured out the best course of action, she nodded once.

"By sending one field spell card from my deck to my graveyard, I can special summon Sunbeam Butterfly from my hand." The younger female duelist informed the others. She slid her deck out and fanned it out, taking a card from it and showing it to her opponent. Verifying that it was a field spell. The spirit duelist then slid the deck back into its holster, letting it be shuffled as she slid the field spell into her graveyard. After this, she summoned the monster onto the field, a small butterfly with a meager 100 ATK points, but with a surprisingly high level of 3. "Next, I normal summon Regulus to the field!" Onto the field prowled one of the guardians of the spirit realm. A regal white furred lion, clad in aqua coloured armour and with a solid white horn on his brow. His attack points were 1700 and level was a solid 4. "Once per turn, Regulus allows me to select one field spell in my graveyard and add it back to my deck." Ruka continued, the very same field spell she had used to special summon Sunbeam Butterfly was added to back to her deck. "I now tune my level 3 Sunbeam Butterfly and my level 4 Regulus." The butterfly shone brightly before bursting into three green rings, each one multiple times bigger then its own body, with Regulus the regal lion jumping into the middle of them. "The holy light of protection, shine now and become eternal life! Synchro Summon! A regal birth, Ancient Fairy Dragon!" From the light of the Synchro summon came the most regal of the singer dragons, as well as the most protective. Ruka then glowed lightly as she spoke once more. "When Sunbeam Butterfly is used for a synchro summon, I gain 600 life points." The young female said, before ending her turn.

Ruka's LP: 4600

Ancient Fairy Dragon. Level 7. 3000 DEF.

"Draw." Yusei said calmly, as he started his turn. "It is time to comptele the pattern, to summon all of the servants of the being you destroyed." He said firmly, locking his gaze onto their enemy. "I normal summoned Blue Expense Falcon." With that statement, the king of turbo duels placed the monster onto the field. The winged beast emerged onto the field. Level 2 with 800 ATK "When I normal summon this monster, I can special summon one level 4 or lower Dragon type monster from my hand. So come forth, Starbright Dragon!" The stunning yellow and white bipedal dragon came through the portal that the Falcon had opened. Level 4 with an impressive 1900 ATK. "When Starbright Dragon is summoned. I can increase the level of one monster on my field up to two." Blue Expense Falcon glowed, as its level increased from 2 to four. Meaning that Yusei now had a total of eight levels on his field…

"I tune my level 4 Blue Expense Falcon with my level 4 Starbright Dragon!" The winged beast separated into four green rings, with the dragon jumping into it quickly. "Gathering stars will become a new shining star! Become the path its light shines upon! Synchro Summon! Take flight, Stardust Dragon!" The final Signer Dragon appeared, Yusei's ace monster. The magnificent Stardust Dragon! "I set one card face down and end my turn."

Yusei's LP: 4000

Stardust Dragon. Level 8. 2500 ATK. 1 FD S/T.

The sword wielding enemy calmly turned his head, inspecting each dragon in turn. These where the famous Singer Dragons. Agents of the power Crimson Dragon… through the Singer's has fought together like this. Not once had a sight like this been seen in modern times. Each dragon summoned by their respective Singer dragon, united to fight one threat… admittedly. Power Tool Dragon wasn't a Singer dragon itself, but rather the armour that hid its true form…

"An impressive sight, with an impressive field." The Predator said with a feral smile. "I am looking forwards to see how it stands up against my overwhelming might!" With that statement, he drew, looking at his hand. "While I control no monsters, and my opponent controls two or more monsters. I can special summon this monster from my hand. The Dark Calculator!" A fragile looking black robot appeared. A number pad on its chest, with a plus, minus, times, divide and equals symbol on it. Its head was a blank screen; with two small yellow lights bellow it.

"The Dark Calculator's attack is determined by the highest total level of all monsters on my opponent field that it has encountered whilst on the field times 400. Adding up the level of the Singer Dragons, I get 45. Meaning that my monster's attack is eighteen thousand!" The monster tapped numbers out on its number pad, first adding up the levels of the Singer dragons. Then multiplying the number by 400, the numbers being displayed on its screen, as well as its final attack.

"E-eighteen thousand?" Rua stammered in fear, stepping back in an attempt to get away from the powerful monster.

"That's right." The Predator answered with a grin. "And I'm not done. I activate the continuous spell card Dark Healing." The spell card appeared on the field. A red cross set against a black shadowy background. "Once per turn, this card allows me to gain half of the attack points of an attacking DARK attribute monster as life points."

"What?" Jack said in shock. "But your monster has 18000 attack! Are you telling us that-"

"I am about to gain 9000 life points? Yes I am." Grinning the powerful opponent continued. "Because of the effect of Double Tool D&C. The only monster that I can attack is the monster equipped with it… so say goodbye to your life Rua!" The overwhelmingly powerful monster raised up its other arm, pointing it towards Power Tool Dragon. Black lightning crackled between its fingers, building up and up and up… until a huge bolt of lightning, many times larger then the monster that launched it shot forwards, heading directly towards the weakest monster on the field.

"I activate my trap card!" Yusei declared quickly, pressing a button on his duel disk, in order to reveal his face down. "Scrap-Iron Scarecrow can negate an opponents attack!" The scarecrow from the trap emerged, sliding sideways to intercept the attacks. Deflecting the bolts around the monster… only for them to curl round, slamming into Rua. Making him scream out in agony.

"What gives? The attack was negated!" Crow demanded, wanting to know why the bolts hit his friend. In turn, the Predator simply shrugged.

"Yes the attack was stopped, which is why Rua has taken no damage. However whenever there is an attack, you shall all feels its pain, whenever or not you take the damage from it." Silence descended to the Singers, shock taking them. They had all experienced pain during their duels, but that was only when they had been attacked… never like this. Two things happened during their silence. First, the scarecrow returned to the card, the trap resetting instead of going to the graveyard. Second Dark Healing was surrounded by a dark aura, as was The Dark Calculator. Some of the aura around the monster was leached away, being transported to its master. His life points rising rapidly.

"End turn."

Predator's LP: 13000.

The Dark Calculator, Level 4, 18000 ATK.

Dark Healing, Continuous spell card.

Only one turn has past, and already Predator has a huge advantage over the Signers. Will they be able to defeat this powerful monster? Or shall they fall to its overwhelming power?

Custom Cards: The Dark Calculator. Dark Healing. Sunbeam Butterfly (made by Wanderer Of The White Sands)

Note: Starbright Dragon's OCG/TCG effect means that is level upgrade only works when its normal summoned. I know this, please don't tell me I got it wrong. In the anime, its effect activates when its special summoned. Plus it was the exact same move that Yusei used to summon Stardust for the last time in Yugioh 5D's in episode 152
Back to top Go down

Battle Nexus, prolouge and chapter 1
Page 1 of 1