Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeNot Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol. I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol.

Go down 
+3
Scorpion67
RyuheiAoi
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol. Empty
PostSubject: Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol.   Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:30 pm

Heya guys, I felt like starting a series based on card discussion, since I'm holding out on my Archetype/Deck discussions threads. In this series, I will cover cards that might seem useless, unnecessary, or just extra at best, but if used at the right time, can actually be useful. I'm not going to label these cards as situational, because they really aren't, but they just make you have this face: elephant

So here's #1:

Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol. 300px-OverlayOwl-GAOV-JP-%3F

Overlay Owl

Once per turn: You can pay 500 Life Points; detach 1 Xyz Material from a monster on the field.

So what exactly can this thing do? Well obviously, it's meant to be an aggressive card, but also defensive. It can deplete your opponent's resources from monsters like Leviathan and Levair, but it can also make your Gachi/Zenmaines cry for mercy. I think that if the format was completely taken over by nothing but Xyz Monster spamming, it could be useful, but for now, meh.

What do you guys think?

PS: I was drunk when I wrote this.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
RyuheiAoi

RyuheiAoi

Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol.   Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:49 pm

You left out a very important part of this card. Number 30: Acid Golem. Troll that thing all day long. The problem with this card is its sustainability, but if you have a way of keeping it protected, it seems pretty awesome.

But yeah, definitely useful for the Zenmaines. Or when that Leviathan detaches, you take off his second piece, trying to buy time for your draws. I can see this as being a useful, but underestimated, card.

Quote of the night, said like ten minutes before you wrote this article: "WE'LL EAT VODKA AND DRINK POTATOES! HOOOOLY SHIT!"
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol.   Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:17 am

I personaly think mole is better Razz: but thats just me XD
I cant see if he is winged beast but if he is, he would probably be ok. if he is not tho he is useless

I am glad to see I am not the only one who writes drunk tho Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol.   Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:58 am

In most cases, Mole is better. Owl is useful in that it works with Icarus Attack. The thing I like about Owl is that it can be used in an Active-Defensive situation, whereas Mole is used for either Active-Aggressive situations, or Passive-Aggressive.

P.S: A goal of mine in Yugioh is to either play another drunk person, or discuss with another drunk person. Some day, Scorp...
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol.   Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:09 am

This card is unplayable garbage and should never ever be used. Period.

There are so many better things to do with your Normal Summon that are better at handling troublesome Xyz Monsters it's not even funny. Neo-Spacian Grand Mole being at the tip of that iceberg.
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol.   Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:15 am

LOL Funch hates every card someone ever posts here XD
Back to top Go down
Shadow

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol.   Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:24 am

SirFunchalot wrote:
This card is unplayable garbage and should never ever be used. Period.

+1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol.   Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:37 am

I really wish this card would be better. Well, the next card I write about is slightly more interesting.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol.   Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:51 am

If you at least drew a card or got some sort of reward for removing their xyz material it might not have been so bad. But it's not a tuner, it has terribly low attack, it doesn't get to be special summoned by removing the xyz material, I mean this card just does absolutely nothing productive in almost every scenario. The best thing this card can do is remove the second material from an Acid Golem, and that is far from fantastic. I'd rather use my normal summon to do some nutty combo.

I don't think I talk shit about EVERY card someone posts, I loved that guy's idea about using Bubbleman in E-Hero XYZ I thought that was pretty cool. Maybe not maining 3 copies but the idea was still cool.
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol.   Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:00 am

I know I know ^^ I'm just troll-spamming as always xD

but it's still funny XD
Back to top Go down
Exiled

Exiled

PostSubject: Re: Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol.   Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:11 am

Faunch is right though, if you at least got some sort of reward it MIGHT be viable to play but with it technically not giving you any + and having a terrible body the card is useless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol.   Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol. Empty

Back to top Go down

Not Necessary, But Interesting: A series of cards that aren't that splashable, but lol.
Page 1 of 1