Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeInzektors: Take 'Em Down I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inzektors: Take 'Em Down

Go down 
+3
nerolwo
LegendaryFrost
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Inzektors: Take 'Em Down Empty
PostSubject: Inzektors: Take 'Em Down   Inzektors: Take 'Em Down EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 1:39 am

With the new pack Order of chaos, we can obviously see how these little bugs are dominating the meta game all over the place. They create advantage out of thin air and are really broken and banlist prone. But there are times where we want or need to duel and cannot sit back and fear these little monsters and for those times, and I'm making this to show how that can be somewhat accomplished.

.:Strategize:.
The three main cards which create the dangerous combos are:
Inzektors: Take 'Em Down InzektorDragonfly-ORCS-EN-OP Inzektors: Take 'Em Down InzektorCentipede-ORCS-EN-OP Inzektors: Take 'Em Down InzektorHornet-ORCS-EN-OP

Now obviously these cards must first hit the field to be abused which means that in most decks the most common way to stop this is through Solemns, Torrential Tribute and Bottomless Trap Hole(for centipede). Some decks main Effect veiler, Doomcaliber Knight and Fiendish chains which work equally as well though usually only stun decks use all of these options. That doesn't mean that if you use a deck that isn't stun you're screwed, rather it means u must play wisely.
Fist off Once you know that you're playing these, the key is to not play too many card unless you're going for a big move. Now I know some of you may think, "Well if I have a huge backrow I will be safe from harm." WRONG. These effects pick off your cards one-by-one. That means no Starlight Road to save your ass. From that we can all agree that setting cards such as Dimensional Prison and Mirror Force do not help.
Most inzektor players will only summon their inzektor monsters when there is something on your field to destroy. That being said it is usually good to wait till you are able to get a good set-up in your hand then try to take complete control. In most decks this isn't even possible, so what do we do. We make use of what we got. If your hand is: Doomcaliber Knight, Fiendish Chain, Gorz, Rai-oh, MST Reborn Tengu, against inzektors which usually use their effects right away, we would of course summon doomcaliber. Now the question is asked, what do I set in my backrow? To do this right you must plan out a reasonable course of action. I'm sure their decks run MST's as well as every other deck but that doesn't mean you shouldn't set. Even if Gorz is in your hand your hand, setting fiendish chain is good for 2 reasons:
1. When you use it, your opponent will assume that you don't have Gorz in your hand, giving you a chance to surprise them.
2. They will try to get rid of the fiendish chain and eventually they will, but by that time you would have hindered them.

After setting your chain, you end. They will normal summon, let's say, Inzektor Dragonfly. When they summon this monster, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO LET DOOMCALIBER NEGATE IT. The reason is, you have a card which will also negate their effects and let you keep doomcaliber. On the other hand if doomcaliber negates it, you are stuck with Rai-oh and Tengu in hand which inzektors can pummel. Even with Gorz in hand all it takes is a normal summon. Now with Dragonly sitting there in attack position let's say they set their own spell or trap and end. Now you have MST in hand already and if you draw a card such as Solemn Warning, well then u basically have the duel under wraps.
That was only one scenario but there are many more. Regardless playing smart will always give you round 1. But now it comes to the part where you crush them with excellent siding.

-Take 'Em Out-
Plain and simple inzektors are DARK-Attribute, so Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror is a must. Most inzektor decks also run Tour Guide as well, and may go for that 1st turn Zenmaines to slow you down, but that's why u side Cyber Dragon and Chimeratech Fortress dragon. Not to mention it forces their traps and gives you an extra monster to put pressure on your opponent. Finally we have Chain disappearance. There are many targets for this card in inzektor decks: Tour Guide, Dragonfly, Hornet; all of which are run in 3's atm and all of which give u big hits if you manage to use disappearance on them.

Inzektors: Take 'Em Down 300px-ShadowImprisoningMirrorTU02-EN-R-UE Inzektors: Take 'Em Down 300px-CyberDragonLCGX-EN-UR-1E Inzektors: Take 'Em Down 300px-ChimeratechFortressDragonCT07-EN-SR-LE Inzektors: Take 'Em Down 300px-ChainDisappearanceTU06-EN-SR-UE

Those are the plain basic cards that everyone uses, but there are others which may be as equally surprising or amazing. We can use the good ol' RFG cards, since they cards can't go to the grave, they can't get to the grave they can't destroy you card. The most played ones out of the many options are Banisher of the Light and Dimensional Fissure.

NOTE: Fissure might not be so useful here since they are sent to the grave as equip cards.

For this next card I have to thank Kiryu111 for actually reminding me that this card even existed. Possessed Dark Soul. Great card that basically let's you take any amount of level 3's from your opponent's side of the field, and let's face it, inzektors are all about the level 3's. Meaning if they leave those monsters out in the open, they're all yours. Another way go toe-to-toe with inzektors is with the favorite of most decks: Skill Drain. Completely stops their way of winning since they cannot equip and therefore cannot do anything. Lastly we have one my personal favorites.

Inzektors: Take 'Em Down 300px-BanisheroftheRadianceLCGX-EN-ScR-1EInzektors: Take 'Em Down 300px-PossessedDarkSoulDB2-EN-C-UEInzektors: Take 'Em Down 300px-SkillDrainDT03-EN-DNPR-DT

If you go round 2 vs these suckers I advise you to use 2 Maxx "C" and bring in all the effect stoppers you can(Veiler,Doomcal,Fiendish Chain). Using maxx "C" will get you one draw from an inzktor play using Dragonfly(or if they xyz summon without susing Dragonfly's effect) and usually only 1 draw from a Tour Guide play.

All in all, inzektors are one of the more broken archtypes opening up new ways to abuse DAD, Doom Dozer and many others. But like any broken group of cards they can be beaten if you know how to counter them.

Hope you enjoyed reading, I made this based on some facts and my personal experience. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inzektors: Take 'Em Down   Inzektors: Take 'Em Down EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 2:01 am

Funny enough, when I first saw Inzektors, I thought of using Possessed Dark Soul, and it can work, provided your opponent hasn't Xyz'd with them already. Chain Disappearance is good, but it'll only work on Dragonfly...but that's all you need before most Inzektor players scoop.

Great article Frost. I love discussing Inzektors.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: Inzektors: Take 'Em Down   Inzektors: Take 'Em Down EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:07 am

Great article Frost
i also think DDV will see more play in DW againts inzectors now
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Inzektors: Take 'Em Down   Inzektors: Take 'Em Down EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:17 am

True it will get a good chance to be used, except that centipede will be able to survive the onslaught. But a full monster hand DDV would be very cool.
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: Inzektors: Take 'Em Down   Inzektors: Take 'Em Down EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:19 am

or actually if get the DDV after centipede eff activates would be awesome to know -1 dragonfly
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

PostSubject: Re: Inzektors: Take 'Em Down   Inzektors: Take 'Em Down EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:31 am

doesnt work like that in TCG for chain disaperance specialy if ur opponents maining 3 tourguied u banish 3 dragon fly he has an easy way to get it with tourguied/Leviar, also Macro Cosmos would be a better option than Banisher seeing that Centepide can ram into it or if u equpt hornet u can run over it. book of moon stops there plays, if they use Inzektor Giga mantis is effect to equpt to any inzektor monster and u chain Book of moon, the ruling is giga mantis goes to grave, and doesnt get there effect.

Another thing u might want to consider is that Hornet, and the other monster effect, DragonFly and Centepide, are in seperate chains, so hornet effect goes u can chain to it, after that chain is done, dragon fly effect activates and u can chain to that all over again, so he wants to pop one of ur face down u chain and get rid of dragon fly, he wont be able to special summon since, its effect still didnt activate, so keep that in mind
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Inzektors: Take 'Em Down   Inzektors: Take 'Em Down EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:35 am

I said banisher instead of macro cosmos since so far cosmos is no where near commonly sided or played(except in RFG decks which aren't commonly played to me at least). On the other hand chain disa is usually sided anyways so it is a good option and it does severely hurt the deck since I'm sure every deck has a way to work against tour guide.
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

PostSubject: Re: Inzektors: Take 'Em Down   Inzektors: Take 'Em Down EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:36 am

LegendaryFrost wrote:
I said banisher instead of macro cosmos since so far cosmos is no where near commonly sided or played(except in RFG decks which aren't commonly played to me at least). On the other hand chain disa is usually sided anyways so it is a good option and it does severely hurt the deck since I'm sure every deck has a way to work against tour guide.

If u look at all the OCG decks that win tourneys latley or top, they all side macro, even agents side it now lol
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Inzektors: Take 'Em Down   Inzektors: Take 'Em Down EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:11 pm

I don't do OCG.
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

PostSubject: Re: Inzektors: Take 'Em Down   Inzektors: Take 'Em Down EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:11 pm

u should take a look at the decks there to see how they handle inzekts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inzektors: Take 'Em Down   Inzektors: Take 'Em Down EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 2:25 pm

Hence my suggestion earlier of using Macro Cosmos.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
rjuto

rjuto

PostSubject: Re: Inzektors: Take 'Em Down   Inzektors: Take 'Em Down EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:32 pm

Choosing Banisher over Macro depends solely on the format actually...

Banisher was GOD in the X-Saber era, during the format in wich Fish OTK turned out to be so deadly, and it was fairly good against T.G. as well, but outclassed by Rai-Oh.

In this particular format, Banisher won't be functioning as a banishing beater and can be fucked by Centi + Hornet, so it loses to Macro Cosmos, wich is faster and can be face-up for a very long time if no typhoon/heavy is drawn.

Inzektors are starting to side into Royal Decree so Macro Cosmos is not perfect anyways. A single RD can neutralize Chain disappearance, Macro Cosmos, Skill Drain, SIM, so Banisher is not a bad option as long as you're able to protect him with backrow (wich will be difficult, oh well, side into lances...lmao).

Nice article Frost Cool
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: Inzektors: Take 'Em Down   Inzektors: Take 'Em Down EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:00 pm

at least side decking is gonna be a little bit easier is gonna be more focused one inzecters than the other decks
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Inzektors: Take 'Em Down   Inzektors: Take 'Em Down EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:14 pm

Honestly Maxx "C" and Veiler are really all you need. Inzektors can't make too much of a push if you stop their combo with one of those cards (with Maxx C I guess they can but you'll draw into good stuff eventually so it's usually a bad idea). Other then that, Shadow mirror is probably the next best thing.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Inzektors: Take 'Em Down   Inzektors: Take 'Em Down EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 1:38 am

Seems I'm gonna have to make the second part of this sooner than expected to show why I held out on some aspects, thnx guys Very Happy
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Inzektors: Take 'Em Down   Inzektors: Take 'Em Down EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:26 am

darkness evil wrote:
Another thing u might want to consider is that Hornet, and the other monster effect, DragonFly and Centepide, are in seperate chains, so hornet effect goes u can chain to it, after that chain is done, dragon fly effect activates and u can chain to that all over again, so he wants to pop one of ur face down u chain and get rid of dragon fly, he wont be able to special summon since, its effect still didnt activate, so keep that in mind

just because it's on a separate chain doesn't mean it didn't activate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inzektors: Take 'Em Down   Inzektors: Take 'Em Down Empty

Back to top Go down

Inzektors: Take 'Em Down
Page 1 of 1