Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHero chain formation I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hero chain formation

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Hero chain formation Empty
PostSubject: Hero chain formation   Hero chain formation EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 9:24 am

Ok I had an issue with this earlier, and though I had a theory I wanna make sure I'm correct about this. If I were to use Mask Change on Elemental HERO Absolute Zero to summon Masked HERO Acid, how would the effects of Acid and Zero go on a chain? I origianlly thought that since both effects activate upon Acids summon that I could place them however I want, kind of like with BRD and Dandy. This way u can place them in either way to avoid getting hit by starlight road when destroying all the monsters or s/t. I just wanna confirm whether I'm right or wrong here.
Back to top Go down
rjuto

rjuto

PostSubject: Re: Hero chain formation   Hero chain formation EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:14 am

Zero triggered first, so both effs will try to activate upon Acid's successful summon (SEGOC), but Zero will be chain link 1.

And btw you cannot place dandy and BRD in any order. Dandylion is mandatory, has to be chain link 1, plus it triggered first. Rose is optional, link 2.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Hero chain formation   Hero chain formation EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:02 pm

Rjuto is correct.
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Hero chain formation   Hero chain formation EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 11:27 pm

actually there's no SEGOC. zero triggers right after it leaves the field so it goes strait to chain link 1 on the next chain.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Hero chain formation   Hero chain formation EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:21 am

Ahh I see, thnx, I prolly shud check up on my ruling knowledge again one of these days....
Back to top Go down
rjuto

rjuto

PostSubject: Re: Hero chain formation   Hero chain formation EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 6:01 am

j0hnb0i wrote:
actually there's no SEGOC. zero triggers right after it leaves the field so it goes strait to chain link 1 on the next chain.

In this case Zero's effect won't be able to be activated when it Triggers, so it will activate at Acid's successful summon window. Acid activates here as well. Since both effects are trying to activate at the same time...they will form a chain, in other words, SEGOC.

Similar to Sangan tributed for a Monarch or Dandy used to summon BRD.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Simultaneous_Effects_Go_On_Chain
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Hero chain formation   Hero chain formation EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 6:05 am

The idea of mentioning SEGOAC usually is to say you can pick the order, which you can't do here...Zero will always be chain link 1. The activation isn't at the same time, though they go on the same chain
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Hero chain formation   Hero chain formation EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 8:18 am

This scenario are different from sangan and monarchs. Mask change is activated and tributes zero. Since zero cant activate at that time it will be chain link 1 on a new chain after mask change resolves. Mask change resolves an brings out acid. Acids effect activates but since chain link one is already taken it will be link 2

The tcg and ocg rule sangan and monarchs differently. In the tcg if you tribute sangan for caius, sangan would be chain link 1 since it triggers first when it is tributed an sent to the grave for the summon of caius. in the ocg you would use SEGOC and choose how it would resolve. Then again you are using an ocg card but it's up to you if you wanna use ocg or tcg rulings haha =b
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hero chain formation   Hero chain formation Empty

Back to top Go down

Hero chain formation
Page 1 of 1