Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeChain Garden I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chain Garden

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Chain Garden Empty
PostSubject: Chain Garden   Chain Garden EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 9:00 pm

Chain Garden 3rveam

Deck: Chain Garden
Tier: 2

Spoiler:

Monsters: 10

3x Wind-Up Rabbit
3x Evilswarm Thunderbird
2x Kycoo The Ghost Destroyer
1x Blackwing - Zephyros The Elite
1x Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Bear

Spells: 15

3x Black Garden
3x Pot of Duality
2x Fire Formation - Tenki
2x Mystical Space Typhoon 
2x Shard of Greed
1x Dark Hole
1x Book of Moon
1x Terraforming

Traps: 15

2x Vanity's Emptiness
2x Fiendish Chain
2x Compulsory Escape Device  
2x Mirror Force
2x Dimensional Prison
1x Torrential Tribute  
1x Solemn Warning
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Compulsory Evacuation Device
1x Macro Cosmos

Extra: 15

2x Number 66 - Master Key Beetle
1x Evilswarm Ophion
1x Diamond Dire Wolf
1x Gagaga Cowboy
1x Maestroke the Symphony Djinn  
1x Number 50 - Blackship of Corn
1x Abyss Dweller
1x Gem-Knight Pearl
1x Evilswarm Ouroboros
1x Wind-Up Zenmaines
1x Leviair the Sea Dragon
1x Number 17 - Leviathan Dragon
1x Temtempo the Percussion Djinn
1x Stardust Dragon

Side: 15

2x Metaion The Timelord
2x Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo
2x Banisher of the Radiance
2x Deck Lockdown
2x Imperial Iron Wall
2x Debunk
1x Dimensional Fissure
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Starlight Road

This is a modified version of the deck Gallade made an article on a while back. Where to start explaining this deck? First off, everything is invincible. Rabbit and Thunderbird keep coming back and I can chain their eff whenever they are in danger. But note that they are not "special summoned" back so no Maxx "C", and more importantly for this deck, no tokens for the opponent from Black Garden. And no halving of attack points. So unless the monster they summon has 4000 atk, Thunderbird will be able to run over it. And when they do I also get tokens which fuels Solemn Judgment...er I mean Pollinosis. Also note that even many experienced players will not know this and often misplay because of it.
I normally hate Cardcar D but sometimes even with 3 Tenki I just don't draw monsters. I have a crapton of traps and Garden to protect me for a turn or 2 so it's ok that the turn is essentially wasted. The single Planter is there for similar reasons. This is not a fast deck and if I don't draw something eventually I lose. Plus I have 6 continous traps, and it's easy to just negate an eff with Chain and then throw it away later when I'm done.
Macro+Emptiness is awesome. No special summons (which I do none of except maybe Reborn occasionally) and nothing at all goes to grave (not that my monsters do anyway) so people can't usually get rid of it. I have Starlight for Heavy, but in the competitive scene people have stopped using MST's and even Heavy a lot of times. This is so good and so crippling to Dragon Rulers and basically everything else that I'm considering maining 3 of each but there's lots of other techs I want to try and so little room. I will side the third copies though. Prophecy is a tad harder than most matchups but nothing a little siding can't fix. Not to mention that Jowgen does nothing to me and Macro hurts a good amount of the Spellbooks. And eventually they have to summon a monster and I have Garden to halve their attack and a lot of traps in case they dare attack after that.

Also...this deck is cheap af to build in real life. Bear is soaring in price and Carcar D CAN be expensive but you don't need it...or any of the XYZ. Great, great budget deck.

Thoughts? Ideas? Criticisms?

I would really like to add an Accumulated Fortune or 2. Black Garden starts chains and Thunderbird and Rabbit chain and lots of my traps chain so it's easy to pull off. Also considering Robbin' Goblin. Damage will happen a lot when attack is halved. I can see the opponent's hand dropping in 3 or 4 turns.

Last edited by Harper7000 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:42 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Chain Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain Garden   Chain Garden EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 12:38 pm

-1 Cardcar D
+1 Bear
-2 Pollinosis
+2 BTH

There's no way I'd ever use 3 Cardcar D in a duel but I have kinda wished I had a second Bear at times. Plus it better justifies me running 3 Tenki. Pollinosis I haven't dead drawn yet but there's a good chance I will. BTH shall replace it for now. Might tech something else. Considering dropping SLR.

Updated to add side deck, need a little help with it. I'm just used to siding 3 MST but come to think of it I don't need them at all, no matter what deck it is. Might side some weirder stuff like Metaion or Winged Kuriboh Lv 9 O.o. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

Chain Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain Garden   Chain Garden EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 3:59 am

This deck rapes the shit out of any stun deck, but loses to unfair decks aka Dragons and Prophecy...
It could do well in a slower format.
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

Chain Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain Garden   Chain Garden EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 7:54 am

For starters, two cards I don't like are the SLR and the 2nd Terra.

As for suggestions, since I'm on my phone, I'll just list stuff.
- 1-2 Pachy
- Metaion
- Grand Mole
- Hand traps
- Heavy
- Lance(s)/MST(s), the MSTs being more relevant once JOTL releases and the meta changes
- Breakthrough Skill(s)
- 3rd Emptiness (esp. if you wanna justify the Planter a bit more)

I'll be tweaking my build as well, probably coming up with random stuff when I have time. Definitely wanna see if I can let this deck be compatible with Key Beetle and/or Safe Zone shenanigans, at the very least.
Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Chain Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain Garden   Chain Garden EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 1:32 pm

gutsberserk wrote:
This deck rapes the shit out of any stun deck, but loses to unfair decks aka Dragons and Prophecy...
It could do well in a slower format.

Honestly it has been raping everything I've come across, with little to no effort whatsoever. The closest call to losing was a duel Gallade watched vs some mediocre Psychic player in unrated who got out Ultimate Axon Kicker when I had an all monster hand. I'm 20-0? Something like that probably more.

If I can get Garden, Emptiness, or Macro (or a combination) out vs Dragons, they go down fast. Especially with Macro, they just auto lose. The others they can get rid of with Blaster if they're lucky. If I can't get ANY of those cards (unlikely) they give me a hard time but I have not lost to them so far. Dragons telegraph so much it's not even funny.

Haven't lost to Prophecy either but like I said on the Scraps thread I never seem to bump into Prophecy much on DN. So I can't really say anything definite there. Clearly will give me a harder time than Dragons though, that's why I side hard against them. Thoughts on the side btw? I fixed it a little but I've never been a good side decker.

NotSoGallantGallade wrote:
For starters, two cards I don't like are the SLR and the 2nd Terra.

As for suggestions, since I'm on my phone, I'll just list stuff.
- 1-2 Pachy
- Metaion
- Grand Mole
- Hand traps
- Heavy
- Lance(s)/MST(s), the MSTs being more relevant once JOTL releases and the meta changes
- Breakthrough Skill(s)
- 3rd Emptiness (esp. if you wanna justify the Planter a bit more)

I'll be tweaking my build as well, probably coming up with random stuff when I have time. Definitely wanna see if I can let this deck be compatible with Key Beetle and/or Safe Zone shenanigans, at the very least.

You and Logic have both been trying to convince me to run Pachy and I decided to give in. Cardcar D, as in most occasions, is superflous. If I don't draw him first or second turn it's a bad move to play him. Pachy on the other hand is always a good stun cards and it's useful in case of not drawing Emptiness. So
-2 Carcar D
+2 Dyna

Added Metaion to side.

Mole is one of my favorite cards but I'm loving the low monster count and high trap count. So maybe.

Hand traps are good as always and should probably be sided, just didn't think about it. Could main it but I just draw Macro so often...2 Veiler added to side.

Heavy...eh. I run it in basically everything but this deck. 17 traps is a lot, the meta doesn't run traps, and I honestly could care less what traps my opponent plays. Solemns hurt I guess. But what can you do?

MST is a worse Heavy but better for this deck so I don't kill myself. Useful in case of Iron Walls that's why I side 3. But main? Eh.

I've really been loving Lance lately and I see lots of people run it in Chain Beat but why? My monsters already aren't affected by spells and traps essentially. It can be used aggressively too but idk. Maybe I'm missing something.

Breakthrough is a great card. Fiendish seems to be better here though despite lack of chainability, especially since I run Macro and like I said above I draw it a lot. The attack prevention is almost as nice as effect negation since I run wimps. When the meta changes we'll see bc it would be nice to chain it to MST. I might test it before then though.

-1 Planter
+1 Emptiness

I know it justifies Planter more but while it hasn't been super dead yet, it hasn't really been useful either.

Might take out the second Terraforming since you don't like it. Not sure for what though, maybe Book Lance or Mole. Starlight though...I hear what you're saying. It just doesn't seem right to not run it with such a high trap count. And most times I draw it they Heavy. The other times it just makes me feel safe, and though I don't need it for Dark Hole or whatever, in some cases I have been able to win bc of Stardust.
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

Chain Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain Garden   Chain Garden EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 2:11 pm

My reasoning behind things like Heavy and Lance is mainly that I would much rather be spending my time beating than chaining, so to speak. They WILL often use up the Prison or whatever to stall for a turn, and in Rabbit's case especially that can leave you wide open and let them either punish you by LP or work their way through your backrow (and there are definitely decks that do that easily). Plus, it extra hurts decks like Fire Fists or Prophecies with Star Hall and such who have backrow that can definitely benefit themselves (as opposed to hurting you) directly.

Also, it gets rid of legitimate threats to your hoppers, like Spellbook of Fate or Fiendish/Breakthrough, and from a pure advantage standpoint it can be very beneficial, and decks like this (especially this) love that stuff. Oh yeah, and in Lance's case it acts as another battle stopper and can protect your Pachy/Bear/Xyz's/other tech mons.

Starlight is the most telegraphed Trap ever, and is being played in this deck for literally one card out of 40 (with SLR itself being 1/40). It's not hard to deduce whether they have Heavy or not in a lot of circumstances as well, especially against a deck like 4-Axis Fire Fists that runs a lot of backrow. Also, if you're going to main Pachy and Emptiness, it makes SLR even weaker because its main pro is null.

Last edited by NotSoGallantGallade on Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Chain Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain Garden   Chain Garden EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 5:35 pm

Yeah good point. I ran into a few situations today where I wished I either had a Lance or a Soul Taker or Smashing or something. Also main decked Decree makes me very sad lol. Not that happens a lot in competitive decks though...but still some aggressive/defensive/both spells would be nice. I'm thinking I'll ditch Terraforming #2 for a Lance, but I want to run 2 Lance if I'm running it so I'll think about what else to ditch. Either SLR or the third Emptiness. And I do hear you on SLR, you have good points. It's just that in practice, it's been so good to me and won me games already...
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

Chain Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain Garden   Chain Garden EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 6:25 pm

Road always feels amazing when you activate it, but if you continue testing you should notice that it will just sit on the field more often than not.
You are only running it to stop Storm, which is 1 card in their deck, if they even decide to main it.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Chain Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain Garden   Chain Garden EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 7:26 am

Ok, after much arguing and debate I've decided to nix SLR.

-1 Terra
-1 SLR
-1 Emptiness
-1 Stardust
+2 Lance
+1 Dark Bribe
+1 Master Key Beetle

Yes, SLR is a +1 in the form of Stardust and yes Bribe is a -1 but like you said SLR only is for one card basically. And while it has done its job well Bribe can negate ANY spell or trap. The Lances haven't been a ton of help yet but we'll see. May end up maining MST, which would free side deck space.
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

Chain Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain Garden   Chain Garden EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 12:38 am

Yeah Bribe is way more flexible when you want to run protection from s/t removal and it can also negate other relevant stuff like Spellbook of Judgment.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Chain Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain Garden   Chain Garden EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 3:10 pm

Bribe has been testing good today. I'm at least 32-1 right now, I kind of lost count and I have only lost once to a random Exodia deck (this deck has little outs against stall). It's sooooooo good this is officially my main deck for this format and probably next format where it can only get better. There is no bad matchup for it, that's the beauty of it. Locks out Tier 1, plays a better advantage game than Tier 2 stun. Still haven't bumped into Prophecy though...I think I might get a friend to duel me with them to test it out against them.

-2 Lance
+2 MST

Side:
-2 MST
+2 Soul Taker

Because I never know what the opponent is going to main deck as far as hurtful continous spells or traps, for example, Decree builds or a deck that mains Iron Wall even can be slightly problematic. Plus it gives me more chance to beat and less time wasted on chaining like Gallade says. Lance isn't bad but hasn't been helpful at all when there were times I have wanted MST. Plus sometimes bear isn't enough for problematic monsters so some sided Takers are nice to have.
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

Chain Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain Garden   Chain Garden EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 9:01 pm

Prophecy/Dragons are just too fast and unfair for this deck. You can lock them out with your floodgate cards, but they have searchable outs and will outadvantage the shit out of you in any way.

It's true what you said about stun though. This deck is pretty good against Evilswarms and Constellars.

It's a stun deck that beats stun decks essentially. If the format slows down a bit, this could be a really neat Anti-Meta choice.

But I'm glad that you are having good results with it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Chain Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain Garden   Chain Garden EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 2:04 pm

-2 Taker
+2 Smashing

for side deck, because Master of Blades is a thing. This is probably my last edit before the banlist. Would like to add third Emptiness back in though or a third CED but the deck is looking airtight from how I've been playing it. The ratios have been working out just fine. Still can't find Prophecy for anything though, but then I'll duel them when I switch to another deck so I think fate is just trolling me. But again, new banlist soon...
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

Chain Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain Garden   Chain Garden EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 6:13 pm

Harper7000 wrote:
Still can't find Prophecy for anything though, but then I'll duel them when I switch to another deck so I think fate is just trolling me.

Chain Garden 920964

Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Chain Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain Garden   Chain Garden EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 9:35 am

Deck updated.

I changed it to focus more on making Master Key Beetle as there are lots of things to protect. Zephyros has plenty of things to bounce, Kycoo is good because Dragon Rulers and Mermails are still very relevant and he's a dark. As always with this deck, there are plenty of techs to test. I went for a more standard build but I will test many things. Shard is meh as a whole but in this slower deck in a slower format it might test great. The Shards could easily come out for 2 more monsters (since I have 1 less Tenki to search Rabbit) such as putting Dynas back in main. Another tech I really want to try is Zero Force. Effing hilarious against OTK decks like Karakuri for example. A one of card if anything, but no less hilarious. I am considering Ape Fighters over Kycoos, or instead of Shards. It's a dark beast that is a 1900 beater and gains attack by destroying monsters in battle (even tokens). Under Garden its a really REALLY big beatstick. It's able to make Key Beetle and is atarget for Horn, making it possibly worth a slot in the trap lineup. I put together a side but even after Toronto I'm shaky about most everything except Metaion.
Back to top Go down
{TP} Simply Logic

{TP} Simply Logic

Chain Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain Garden   Chain Garden EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 10:44 am

I actually used to run a deck similar to this 3 vanity 3 cosmos but after the banlist it really hurt the deck i had. I played a more anti meta version

Last edited by {TP} Simply Logic on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Chain Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain Garden   Chain Garden EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 11:02 am

Yeah Macro at 1 was a sad and pretty pointless hit. But still, having a Heavyless format with everything else hit way harder more than makes up for it. This is basically as anti-meta a deck as you get lol. It's even anti-anti-meta xD. Just because I throw in a few more darks to make Key Beetle doesn't mean I always summon it or need it to win. It just makes the anti meta better. Interested in your version though.
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

Chain Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain Garden   Chain Garden EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 12:19 pm

I don't like Shard... especially with MSTs and such coming back into vogue quite a lot. You could definitely cut that (maybe add that Ape Fighter and a 2nd Bear?).

Side looks decent, though I dislike Mind Drain at 1 (0 or 2-3), am unsure about the 3rd Vanity's (esp. with 2 Pachy also there in the side), and dislike SLR in general and wonder when you'd even side it. You could add something like Deck Lockdown to the side, since Prophecies are still a thing, perhaps...

Oh yeah, and Macro to 1 was not a pointless hit, that went along the lines of hitting the "You can't play YGO" S/Ts like it, D-Fissure, Soul Drain, and I'd also throw EEV into that category (probs T-King too, though he isn't a spell or trap XD).
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Chain Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain Garden   Chain Garden EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 1:00 pm

The idea was that if they MST that then they are in a bad spot bc there are better things to hit. And if they don't it's a plus. But meh. I will try Fighter for now. It was supposed to be Soul Drain, mistyped. But I might run Mind Drains... Then again Debunk might be better. Good point on Vanity's Emptiness, will likely take your advice on Lockdown since Prophecy is the only slower deck that gives this deck any remote sort of challenge and it works against Mermaid too to some extent. The Road could certainly come out but it is there for several things like Black Rose, Icarus Attack, Delta Crow, Chain Whirlwind (Mermail often side or main this now), etc.

Also nixing those cards was one thing I didn't like about the banlist. If they're going to make broken cards, you need cards that will be able to stop them in their tracks game 2. Otherwise there is no motivation for playing a more balanced, less linear deck.

EDIT: Updated side, might do more of a variety though, I don't want to side basically everything against one deck
Back to top Go down
{TP} Simply Logic

{TP} Simply Logic

Chain Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain Garden   Chain Garden EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 2:49 pm

This is my version decided to play it agains as i may be able to build it irl.
https://i.imgur.com/m2vL9ja.png
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chain Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain Garden   Chain Garden Empty

Back to top Go down

Chain Garden
Page 1 of 1