Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeTwilight Dragon Deck I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Twilight Dragon Deck

Go down 
+4
j0hnb0i
darkness evil
Princess Hyakka
King007
8 posters
AuthorMessage
King007
Nostalgic Tourney Organizer
King007

Twilight Dragon Deck Empty
PostSubject: Twilight Dragon Deck   Twilight Dragon Deck EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:41 am

Here it is, plz gimme advices to have more consistency and not only depending on luck, plus any other advice should be justified Very Happy

and the side deck isn't to be considered.

Deck:
Back to top Go down
Princess Hyakka
OCG/Casual Deck Builder
Princess Hyakka

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Dragon Deck   Twilight Dragon Deck EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:48 am

INTERESTING i like it Smile

Twilight Dragon Deck Tumblr12
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Dragon Deck   Twilight Dragon Deck EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:50 am

Check the OCG deck builds they top a lot
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Dragon Deck   Twilight Dragon Deck EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 3:19 pm

links to OCG deckbuilds pl0x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Dragon Deck   Twilight Dragon Deck EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 4:07 pm

I made one of these a while back before the cards were released...and you played that deck, didn't you King?

Well, I have seen this deck top a few tourneys here and there, but ours like Darkflare more, because we actually like using his effect for fuel.

This build isn't bad. The major thing I always forget is that TCG has Tour Guide for support, and we have to go for other stuff instead.

Right off the top of my head, I'd say to side deck that Mirage Dragon, and replace it with another Eclipse, and try to make room for another REDMD. They are two of the deck's best cards, and you don't have enough of them. Mirage Dragon's effect is nice, but it's not adding as much consistency to your deck as another Eclipse would, and it really only works in trap-heavy MUs.

I'm surprised you don't run Return at all. That card easily wins games.

Oh, here's a tip as to why Darkflare is awesome: If you send Eclipse to the Grave with Darkflare's effect, and then banish it with Darkflare's effect, because Eclipse's effects are both mandatory, you take a Red-Eyes/Galaxy-Eyes right to your hand.

Those are just a few things to keep in mind. Interesting Rabbit tech, btw.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
King007
Nostalgic Tourney Organizer
King007

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Dragon Deck   Twilight Dragon Deck EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:45 pm

@darkness evil: mind giving those links ? Razz

@Violet: nah, i never used the deck ur talking about Very Happy
but for ur suggestions, here is what i changed :
-2 axe dragonute
+2 D.D.R
+1 Dark Flare
-1 mirage
+1 Eclipse
-1 Exploder Dragon

Edit; i just realized i don't have gorz lol
-1 CS
+1 Gorz
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Dragon Deck   Twilight Dragon Deck EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 4:13 am

I haven't made a great Chaos build yet. Tbh I don't like the OCG builds that I see top...they have like BLS, 3 Lightpulsar, 3 Darkflare, and 2 Chaos o.O. The random milling doesn't seem to help and Lyla is a BTH/Warning magnet in the first place
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Dragon Deck   Twilight Dragon Deck EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 6:28 am

VioletSk227 wrote:
Oh, here's a tip as to why Darkflare is awesome: If you send Eclipse to the Grave with Darkflare's effect, and then banish it with Darkflare's effect, because Eclipse's effects are both mandatory, you take a Red-Eyes/Galaxy-Eyes right to your hand.

This is not a true statement. Eclipse Wyvern uses the chain, as does Darkflare Dragon. So here is how this situation actually happens.

1. Darkflare Dragon sends 1 Dragon-type monster from your hand and deck to the Graveyard.
2. Darkflare Dragon targets 1 card in either players Graveyard.
3. Darkflare Dragon banishes the targetted card.
4. Eclipse Wyvern activates and banishes 1 level 7 or higher Dragon-type monster from your deck.

Unless there was already a Wyvern in the Graveyard that had banished a monster from your deck, it is not possible to tutor that REDMD to your hand in just this one play.
Back to top Go down
Princess Hyakka
OCG/Casual Deck Builder
Princess Hyakka

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Dragon Deck   Twilight Dragon Deck EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 6:30 am

i have to agree with (Harper7000)

Twilight Dragon Deck Ub15
Twilight Dragon Deck 35667310
Back to top Go down
Xanatos

Xanatos

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Dragon Deck   Twilight Dragon Deck EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:15 pm

SirFunchalot wrote:
VioletSk227 wrote:

This is not a true statement. Eclipse Wyvern uses the chain, as does Darkflare Dragon. So here is how this situation actually happens.

1. Darkflare Dragon sends 1 Dragon-type monster from your hand and deck to the Graveyard.
4. Eclipse Wyvern activates and banishes 1 level 7 or higher Dragon-type monster from your deck.

Unless there was already a Wyvern in the Graveyard that had banished a monster from your deck, it is not possible to tutor that REDMD to your hand in just this one play.

But both requirements for the effects are met and as the first one is mandatory It would chain to darkflare, but the second effect is optional so would It not go on its own separate chain Because of the fact that its second effect reads; "if this happens, you can do this" so its effect doesn't miss the timing and its requirements have been met thus it starts its own chain and resolves.

If i'm wrong correct me, but It would seem that It can use its effect.
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Dragon Deck   Twilight Dragon Deck EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 5:12 pm

Xanatos wrote:
SirFunchalot wrote:
VioletSk227 wrote:

But both requirements for the effects are met and as the first one is mandatory It would chain to darkflare, but the second effect is optional so would It not go on its own separate chain Because of the fact that its second effect reads; "if this happens, you can do this" so its effect doesn't miss the timing and its requirements have been met thus it starts its own chain and resolves.

If i'm wrong correct me, but It would seem that It can use its effect.

hmm this is interesting. i've never had to deal with a situation like this before haha. i have to agree with funch on the fact that Wyvern's effect to banish a dragon will be chain link 1 on a new chain. i just don't know if the other effect will start another chain or if it becomes another chain link on the same chain as wyvern's first effect. i don't have enough experience for this lol. i'm gonna do some research and come back with an answer.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Dragon Deck   Twilight Dragon Deck EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 9:13 pm

Either way you slice it, the effect of Eclipse Wyvern cannot happen during the effect of Darkflare Dragon. It must occur at the next available opportunity, which is upon the resolution of the effect of Darkflare Dragon.
Back to top Go down
Xanatos

Xanatos

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Dragon Deck   Twilight Dragon Deck EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:14 am

I just got a ruling from the detonator on DN, he said that eclipse does start its own chain after said darkflare effect resolves and can return the card you banished with eclipse to your hand.
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Dragon Deck   Twilight Dragon Deck EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:03 am

does he have sources or is that his own ruling?
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Dragon Deck   Twilight Dragon Deck EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:53 pm

Xanatos wrote:
I just got a ruling from the detonator on DN, he said that eclipse does start its own chain after said darkflare effect resolves and can return the card you banished with eclipse to your hand.

The ending of the resolution of Darkflare Dragon ends with the removal of a monster. If this is the case it would follow out as so:

Darkflare Sends Eclipse Wyvern to the grave. Darkflare fully resolves by banishing Eclipse Dragon. Eclipse Wyvern starts it's own chain and banishes a monster from your Deck. That monster is not added to your hand since Eclipse Wyvern was not banished from the Graveyard AFTER the monster was banished from the Deck.

The DN moderator was wrong, sorry mate.
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Dragon Deck   Twilight Dragon Deck EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:55 pm

checkmate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Dragon Deck   Twilight Dragon Deck Empty

Back to top Go down

Twilight Dragon Deck
Page 1 of 1