Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homeinzekters common combo question I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

inzekters common combo question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nivedo

Nivedo

inzekters common combo question Empty
PostSubject: inzekters common combo question   inzekters common combo question EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 3:16 pm

effect portion in question
HORNET
You can send this face-up Equip Card that's equipped to a monster to the Graveyard to target 1 card on the field; destroy it.

DRAGONFLY(damsel)
If an Equip Card equipped to this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Inzektor" monster from your deck, except "Inzektor Dragonfly".

ok so if you were to use hornets effect to destroy a card, would you still get dragonfly's(damsels) effect? or would you miss timing since it is a "when...you can..." effect? or is there some sort of special ruling that allows you to still get the "when... you can" effect?
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: inzekters common combo question   inzekters common combo question EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 3:24 pm

It would miss the timing as the last thing to happen is the destruction of the monster.

Unless the tcg changes the text on damsel and takes out "can", then it becomes a mandatory effect. But that is a what if scenario only.
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: inzekters common combo question   inzekters common combo question EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 3:28 pm

ok that is what i had thought
Back to top Go down
rjuto

rjuto

PostSubject: Re: inzekters common combo question   inzekters common combo question EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:03 pm

Wrong. Dragonfly still gets to summon an Inzektor from the Deck.

Read the text you posted: It says "IF", not "WHEN". "IF" effects cannot miss the timing. Besides, there would be no combo if Dragonfly wouldn't be able to use it's effect.

PS: And, well, not going to reply to the PM you sent me since I did it here Nivedo xD.

Link: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Missing_the_Timing

"Note that Missing the Timing only applies to optional effect that are activated "When... you can..." something happens. It does not apply to optional effect that are activated "If..." something happens, such as "Watapon" or "Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem", and it does not apply to optional effects are activated "After..." something happens (like "Voltanis the Adjudicator"). Effects like these can never miss the timing."

u_u
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: inzekters common combo question   inzekters common combo question EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:28 pm

rjuto is right...Inzektors are broke. i'm doing a deck profile vid on them soon (if i can get hypercam to work properly)
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: inzekters common combo question   inzekters common combo question EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:30 pm

Whoops, my bad Nivendo. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: inzekters common combo question   inzekters common combo question EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:37 pm

yea i forgot that yugioh text is super sensitive when it comes to what words are used. especially the difference between if and when, even though they mean THE SAME THING....eh oh well no use arguing over it
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: inzekters common combo question   inzekters common combo question EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:52 pm

Yeah there's now way to tell the difference by logic, the only way to know is...to know. Lol
Back to top Go down
rjuto

rjuto

PostSubject: Re: inzekters common combo question   inzekters common combo question EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:03 pm

"WHEN" reffers to an exact moment, "IF" on the other hand stablishes a condition. The effect will be able to be activated if this condition is met, without involving any exact moment. That's why "WHEN" can miss the timing and "IF" cannot. XD!
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: inzekters common combo question   inzekters common combo question EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:13 pm

yea. i remember hearing/reading/being told about the difference before. i think it was on here but i was too lazy to look up the post
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: inzekters common combo question   inzekters common combo question EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 9:24 pm

i posted it on a question somewhere. and i'm too lazy to find it too =b
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: inzekters common combo question   inzekters common combo question Empty

Back to top Go down

inzekters common combo question
Page 1 of 1