Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeAnother one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music* I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music*

Go down 
+2
LegendaryFrost
SabreW
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SabreW

SabreW

Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music* Empty
PostSubject: Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music*   Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music* EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 10:27 am

Hey, all. SabreW here, with yet another deck for you guys! This time though, I plan on reviving what seems to me was a dead idea. It sounds like a good idea, so I thought I'd wanna try it out.

Now everyone knows how a Chaos deck is supposed to go. You try to get a whole bunch of LIGHT and DARK monsters into your grave so you can get Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning and Chaos Sorcerer out, and then banish stuff and attack for game. That much we all know how to do. But what if someone were to try using different monsters to get said gods of Chaos out. Everyone knows about the whole Twilight and Zombiesworn builds. But what I thought up was another way of bringing Chaos to the game:

KURICHAOS!!

And before you start to think, "Oh, Karakuri Chaos. Sounds like an interesting idea." Lemme stop you now because that's not this deck for two reasons:

1. I'm not that smart a deck builder to come up with something like that.
2. I'm not good enough to even come up with a Karakuri deck build (Scorpion's good enough with those, so I'll leave them to him :p)

No, this deck features the two little furballs themselves Kuriboh and Winged Kuriboh (three if you count Sangan. He's in here, too! Razz). It sounds interesting, what with Kuriboh being DARK and W. Kuriboh being LIGHT.

The other cards in here are attributed to what other duelists were telling me about being afraid of using big monsters. Well, I found almost all the GOOD big monsters I could find and put them in here, and they've been working beautifully in the deck. And then there's LV10, who is in here as another win condition, another thing I found wrong in the previous decks that I made where they lacked those. Of the tests I did with this, a lot of players were pretty mad when they finally got rid of my BLS, only to run into LV10 and lose.

And now without further adieu, the Deck List:

Monsters: 20
1x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
2x Chaos Sorcerer
1x Dark Armed Dragon
2x Effect Veiler
1x Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness
3x Kuriboh
2x Mystic Piper
1x Sangan
2x Tragoedia
3x Winged Kuriboh
2x Winged Kuriboh LV10

Spells: 15
1x Allure of Darkness
1x Dark Hole
1x Foolish Burial
1x Heavy Storm
1x Monster Reborn
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
3x Pot of Duality
3x The Flute of Summoning Kuriboh
2x Transcendent Wings

Traps: 6
1x Call of the Haunted
1x Mirror Force
1x Solemn Judgement
2x Solemn Warning
1x Torrential Tribute

Now for a funny story about this deck: I showed the deck to Scorpion, and he was quite pleased with the result. After testing it out against him, he still steamrolled me with his Karakuri. Funny thing is, through that duel I found out that I have a hidden topdeck talent with this deck, getting BLS when I had no hand/field against his Burei/do. Razz

Well, lemme know what you guys think! C&C is greatly appreciated! Smile

Last edited by SabreW on Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SabreW

SabreW

Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music*   Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music* EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 11:38 pm

SO many things were happening at once, that I'm not sure anyone got a chance to see this. So if it's okay, I wanted to bump this after being up for 24+ hours so everyone could take a look and tell me what they thought. Neutral

If it's not okay, then I apologize for doing what I did. Sad
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music*   Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music* EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 11:51 pm

Lol it's ok, after looking at it since u run a lot of lvl 1's try to fit in a mystic piper, for free draws though since I dunno too much about how to play a deck running any form of kuriboh D: try taking out 1 of the flute of summoning kuriboh and another card for 2 pipers i suppose.
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music*   Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music* EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 7:51 am

you forgot Multiply! haha
Back to top Go down
SabreW

SabreW

PostSubject: Re: Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music*   Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music* EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:53 pm

@Frost: I was thinking about adding Piper, but I couldn't figure out what to take out for it. Being the Kuriboh search card of the engine, the flutes are too good for me to leave at 2. Though I could take out DAD for 2 Pipers, seeing how I NEVER got to summon him in any of my tests or duels with the deck.

@J0hnb0i: Multiply is hilarious with Kuriboh, but space issues are what kill me when I make decks. There's so much good stuff that can go in the deck that I suffer from 42-card syndrome. I could go the Multiply/Detonate route for some field-clearing plays, but what could I take out for them if I did? I kinda like the Transcendent route right now because it's got less cards, and it's what a lot of my decks didn't have before as I mentioned above, a win condition. Although I could side out the M/D's with the Trans/LV10's during game 2/3 maybe. Hmmmm....

Thanks for the ideas, you two Smile. Anyone else wanna help with this?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music*   Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music* EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 8:07 am

If u need to cut on something ubcan definitly cut on safe zone
Back to top Go down
SabreW

SabreW

PostSubject: Re: Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music*   Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music* EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 6:29 pm

Bumped for deck changes.

Frost, I tried your idea about the Pipers, and they are going pretty well with the deck. Granted I only got to use their effect four times out of all the times I tested them, they got me a Kuriboh or Winged Kuriboh that I needed in the grave later for BLS or LV10 respectively. I think I got some keepers here.

Scorp, I also took your advice and cut Safe Zone for Frost's pipers. The pipers helped me out way more than I thought SZ would.

I'll play with the pipers some more to see if I need to change anything else. Meanwhile, see if you guys can see if I need to change anything or if it's perfect the way it is now.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music*   Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music* EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 7:51 pm

I've always wanted to make something like this lol. Chaos is the obvious route and Lv 10 is an lulzy card that could prove to act as another boss...but I can't help but think there should be something more here. I mean, duh, it's a fun deck, but I think there may be some way to profit from the stalling. Kuroboh's strength is that it's highly defensive, but I think the deck could use something that lets you bounce back and win the game after you prevent damage. Just not sure what it is yet. Tour Guides maybe? You could cut a few tech monsters to fit in the 3 Guide. The build as is is good...you have your staplety stuff. I would -1 call +1 Dustshoot though. Dustshoot is broke and what are you gonna Call, Kuroboh Razz? Maybe -1 pod for poa. 3 pod isn't bad since you don't special constantly, and you do remove stuff and don't mill but poa is good. Won't really be dead at 1 either, while pod at 3 could be
Back to top Go down
SabreW

SabreW

PostSubject: Re: Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music*   Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music* EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 3:34 am

Tour Guides sound good, and they give me some rank 3 Xyz options to think about, but then again I might be trying to do too much with that. Don't know why, I just think so.

As for Call, I normally callback Sangan to get a Kuriboh or W. Kuriboh that I need. And I actually have called a W. Kuriboh on more than one occasion when I had Wings face down for some lol moments.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music*   Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music* EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 4:10 am

Perhaps, but you have Flutes to search Kuriboh and you have 3 copies each of Kuribohs so you're good there. As for doing too much by adding Tour Guide, well, if all of your techs are necessary, then adding them would be. But they're not ALL necessary. They're not bad techs, but like, for example, why Tragoedias? They're a nice card this format, but you already run Gorz, which is all you "need", and triple Kuriboh and triple Winged Kuriboh and triple Flite to get them out...I wouldn't worry about otk's if I were you xD. It's already highly defensive, so add some offense too. If you cut Trags, that's 2 cards right there. Then you can cut a piper an there you go. Single piper kinda seems random but who knows? And you could also drop it for a Mole or something too. I luv Mole this format Very Happy. And let's not forget all the options TGU gives: a broken version of Gachi, Leviair to bring back the monsters you banished for BLS or Chaos or DaD, a random 2500 beatstick, a 3000 beatstick that you can use in emergencies...yeah. Lol
Back to top Go down
The_Dutch_Prince
Teacher
Teacher
The_Dutch_Prince

PostSubject: Re: Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music*   Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music* EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 1:32 pm

And now without further adieu, the Deck List:

Monsters: 20
1x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
2x Chaos Sorcerer
1x Dark Armed Dragon
2x Effect Veiler
1x Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness
3x Kuriboh
2x Mystic Piper
1x Sangan
2x Tragoedia
3x Winged Kuriboh
2x Winged Kuriboh LV10

Spells: 15
1x Allure of Darkness
1x Dark Hole
1x Foolish Burial
1x Heavy Storm
1x Monster Reborn
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
3x Pot of Duality
3x The Flute of Summoning Kuriboh
2x Transcendent Wings

Traps: 6
1x Call of the Haunted
1x Mirror Force
1x Solemn Judgement
2x Solemn Warning
1x Torrential Tribute

If thats the actual list you have at this moment I would change the following ( to make it morely a control deck ):

-1x Transcendent Wings
-1x Winged Kuriboh lv 10
-2x Mystic Piper
- 1x Sangan ( you have plenty of search powers for your Kuriboh, and odds to draw them ( althought thats not preferred when im done )
-3x Pot of Duality
-1x Solemn Judgment
-1x Call of the Haunted
-1x Mirror Force

+3x Dimensional Alchemist
+2x Berserker Crush
+2 Multiply
+2 Detonate
+1x Return from the Different Dimension
+1x One for One

Other possible fixes/suggestions:

-2x Tragoedia
+2x Caius the Shadow Monarch ( you have flutes, one for one and in a way the stall monster method )

I would probably do something like that, will also make the deck more trolly .. lol

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music*   Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music* Empty

Back to top Go down

Another one of Sabre's crazy ideas... (though this one might actually be good!?) *Cue dramatic music*
Page 1 of 1