Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homequestion mostly about priority I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

question mostly about priority

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nivedo

Nivedo

question mostly about priority Empty
PostSubject: question mostly about priority   question mostly about priority EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 6:18 pm

the question is about the priority game mechanics, and the card i used was steelswarm girastag.

his effect is
"You can Tribute Summon this monster in face-up Attack Position by Tributing 1 "Steelswarm" monster. When you Tribute Summon this card with a "Steelswarm" monster as a Tribute, you can select 1 card your opponent controls and send it to the Graveyard, and gain 1000 Life Points."

if i use his effect to send a face down trap, and the trap was a torrential tribute, would my opponent be able to use it in order to destroy my girastag, or would priority allow me to send it to the grave before he can activate it.

now that i start thinking about it, its starting to seem like he would be able to but i just want to ask to make sure about everything in this situation
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: question mostly about priority   question mostly about priority EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 6:30 pm

Girastag ACTIVATES his effect and declares a TARGET for his effect (the set torrential tribute). Your opponent now has the opportunity to respond to the effect of Girastag with any card thats activation requirements are met. A monster was just Summoned so Torrential Tribute may be activated and chained to the effect of Girastag.
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: question mostly about priority   question mostly about priority EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:37 pm

and the chain resolves backwards

chain link 2: torrential destroys all monsters on the field
chain link 1: steelswarm girastag's effect resolves sending the targeted torrential tribute to the grave and gaining you 1000 lp
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: question mostly about priority   question mostly about priority EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 1:59 am

ok thanks for answering my two questions guys
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: question mostly about priority   question mostly about priority EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:38 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question mostly about priority   question mostly about priority Empty

Back to top Go down

question mostly about priority
Page 1 of 1