Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDeck Profile #1- Mist Valley I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deck Profile #1- Mist Valley

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JakeLegion

JakeLegion

Deck Profile #1- Mist Valley Empty
PostSubject: Deck Profile #1- Mist Valley   Deck Profile #1- Mist Valley EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 3:54 pm

Hi all, i decided to start giving back to my Academy with weekly deck profiles, which include my personal deck list. I make around 1-2 new decks a day and thought i would share some of these with you. This week is all about Mist Valley decks, this is my own personal build. Full with many techs and possible game-winning plays.

DECK LIST

Monsters (20)
3x- Mist Valley Falcon
2x- Mist Valley Solider
2x- Mist Valley Thunderbird
3x- Mist Valley Shaman
1x- Sangan
1x- Alector, Sovereign of Birds
3x- Genex Ally Birdman
3x- Reborn Tengu
1x- Tragoedia
1x- Morphing Jar

Spells(10)
2x- Swords of Revealing Light
2x- Terraforming
1x- DarkHole
1x- Monster Reborn
3x- Divine Wind of Mist Valley
1x- Book of Moon

Traps(10)
2x- Call of the Haunted
1x- Mirror Force
2x- SafeZone
2x- Bottomless Trap Hole
1x- Dimensional Prison
1x- Solemn Judgment
1x- Starlight

Extra Deck (15)
3x- Mist Valley Thunder Lord
2x- Ancient Fairy Dragon
1x- Stardust
1x- Catastor
1x- Brionac
1x- Scrap Dragon
1x- Trishula
1x- Colosal Fighter
2x- Utopia
1x- Zenmaines
1x- Leviari ( for birdman )

In terms of M/S/T, (monsters, spells, and traps) its a pretty balanced deck. 20/10/10. I personally like running triples of cards i use in a deck, to increasing the concentration of that card i have in my deck, especially in decks where a few cards are needed to pull off a certain combo.

Mist Valley is to utilize the field spell in order to get +2 on almost every play. Using Falcon and Birdman as the main engines. With Reborn Tengu, he fits criteria for the field spell AND special summons another copy of him wen he is returned.

CARD CHOICES

I know many of you are asking, where is Apex Avian? ---- Well.... i tried him in this deck, and i didnt like him, so i decided to take him out and replace him with a card that ultimately helped pull off combos faster.

Where is Icarus Attack? Honestly, i wanted to run 2 copies of it, but couldnt find the space for it in the line-up.

TECHS

So, now for all the techs.

With the field spell on the field, almost all you do can be turned into a combo. The field spell reads this,
Once per turn, if a face-up WIND monster you control returns to the hand, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower WIND monster from your Deck.
The beauty of this card is that it dosen't specify a Mist Valley card, just ANY wind monster.

Tech: Reborn Tengu

Tengu, TOO good in this deck. If you return him to the hand with Genex Ally birdman while the field spell in active, u can special another Tengu and any other lv4 or lower wind from your deck. Which usually would be Falcon. So from a Tengu on field, you end up with a Tengu, lv3 Tuner, and Falcon ( your deck engine) on the field. And all this is an easy first turn (thanks to the triples)
He also works well with just him and falcon, With a Tengu and falcon on field. U can easily hit for over 6400 atk in one turn with juss one tengu, one falcon, and one field spell.
1) Atk with Tengu (-1700)
2) Atk with falcon (-2000) (return tengu to hand) special another tengu and another falcon (from field spell eff).
3) Atk with that tengu (-1700)
4) Atk with Falcon. (-2000) At this point you COULD go for the one-turn-kill by returning the tengu to ur hand and summoning anothe one to atk with. or you could just return the field spell to your hand to protect it from your opponent during his/her turn.

SOooo... Mist Valley is good with Tengu

Tech: Call of the Haunted and Swords of Revealing Light

This.... card... is...awesome... in this deck.
Call of the Haunted or Swords of Revealing Lights + Mist Valley Falcon, thats all you need.
Call of the haunted any monster in your graveyard, and return it with Falcon eff, or with ThunderLord if u want an atk boost and a free call of the haunted (another +2)
Swords of Revealing lights, stops your opponent from attacking for three turns, when most people see this they decide to set-up a large attacking plan to utterly destroy you. Imagine how frustrated they get when they realize that they are in a infinte-swords loop.
Return swords with Falcon on turn 2/3 and watch how angry they get, or even on their turn 3/3 with Thunder-Lord. HaHa. Thunder Lord Falcon eff- (Once per turn, you can select and return 1 card you control to the hand, and this card gains 500 ATK until the End Phase. This effect can be activated during either player's turn.) too broken.

Tech: Alector, Sovereign of Birds
Easy re-summon, enough said. Use Thunder-King to return him to your hand( king gains 300) and you summon from deck with field spell, then re-summon Alector like he never left. Also works well with falcon and Thunderbird.

Tech: Safe Zone
SafeZone, is easily the best and most flexible trap in this deck. Chain it to any MST and equip it to your opponents monsters and instantly destroy it.
Activate it and chain to your opponents monster, return it when you attack with Falcon, and destroy opponents most trouble-some monster.
Activate it on your opponents turn when they summon a threatening monster and return SafeZone with ThunderLord and pop that monster.
and best of all... THESE ARE ALL REPEATABLE!! because cards return to ur hand, u can pop multiple monsters with the same one card.

Well those are the most, "game winning" techs. Well get back to me and request any deck you want to be profiled. COMMENT Smile

Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Deck Profile #1- Mist Valley   Deck Profile #1- Mist Valley EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:28 pm

Why have you chosen BTH over Solemn Warning? Also for your next deck profile, I'd like to request the level 3 and lower aqua/sea-serpent/fish theme since I personally haven't gotten around to tinkering around with it and it seems interesting.
Back to top Go down
JakeLegion

JakeLegion

PostSubject: Re: Deck Profile #1- Mist Valley   Deck Profile #1- Mist Valley EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:37 pm

With the switch of the format many more people play 2 warning and 1 judgment. i prefer the 2 BTh and 1 judgment due to the nature of this deck, and the fact that wen u negate a summon it goes to grave, but BTH removes it from play.

And Mist Valley can already control your opponent attacking and what monsters stay on the field. So removing cards is 1) unexpected by your opponent 2) they cant get their precious card back.

I have never worked with the sea/searpent build before, except for a little fish project i dod a while back
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Deck Profile #1- Mist Valley   Deck Profile #1- Mist Valley EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:55 pm

Bth over Warning actually isn't a bad idea this format. Paying lp=not as smart, plus there's annoying crap like Grapha to deal with...and removing is fun. For this particular deck I think Warning may suit you better though, since you run a good amount of backrow and brd or jd would really suck for you. Interesting deck btw. I tried something like this once but my build sucked lol. I'll try this one out. Thought I'd point out though, Divine Wind isn't as overly broken as it seems. It's only once per turn that you can special somthing with it, so some of your combos you can't do. And what do you think about Genex Blastfan?
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Deck Profile #1- Mist Valley   Deck Profile #1- Mist Valley EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 5:37 pm

double post ftw! i actually think this deck has mega potential, and i'd like to max that potential. here are some of my suggestions, and i'd like your input bc you've played this deck longer:
1. daigusto emeral. it almost seems like a "duh" card here. it's mega easy to make rank 4, and it recycles your Tengus while at the same time getting a plus. if you time it right (when you have a tengu on the field still) you can plus even more.

2. pot of avarice. i would think you run through monsters really fast, and it's poa, so yeah

3. heavy storm and mst. y u no run m/t hate?!?!!

4. hunter owl. it may seem odd and random, which it is, but think. he's a threat in and of himself. when you randomly summon him he has 1500 atk. when there's another wind monster he's 2000: a reasonable threat. if you summon him through Divine Wind while you're mad plussing...he's a boss monster. not to mention you can randomly do an attack lock with 2 out. something to think about

5. winged rhynos. another random tech, but one that could prove useful. he's a nice wind beatstick to xyz or synch with, and his effect is interesting as well. when a trap is activated you can return it to your hand, allowing you to use divine wind even on the opponent's turn. something to think about

6. genex blastfan. used to think this was a staple but i ran 3 so he was dead a lot. even so, a +2 instead of a +1 is nice...and it gets birdman which is even nicer. maybe at 1 or possibly even 2.

7. delta flyer. i don't really know why you run soldier instead. his effect is useless, and flyer gives you more options with the level changing

8. icarus attack. if you keep the build the way it is or even if you make some of my changes, it's kind of a duh card too. and yet...i haven't found room for it yet Sad.

9. mist condor. seems better than shaman and thunderbird tbh. summon some mist valley, return it, special a wind monster with Divine. if it was thunderbird, well, you have that many more options. makes it way easier to use thunder lord, which it seems the only way to do that right now is birdman + falcon

also, i'm kind of missing some easy combos to do with shaman and thunderbird. thunderbird specialing is nice for xyz or synchro i guess...but it and shaman rely on already plussing with Wind though it would seem like. if you don't have something else on the field, they're just monsters with crap stats
Back to top Go down
nikoli2art

nikoli2art

PostSubject: Re: Deck Profile #1- Mist Valley   Deck Profile #1- Mist Valley EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 6:21 pm

This may be my personal opinion (but somehow i doubt that) but i think every mist valley deck needs a Begone, Knave the effect reads:
When a monster inflict battle damage to a player, return the monster to its owners hand
this is the best OTK card if comboed with Divine wind of mist valley because it will get you and endless supply of monsters from your deck to attack and if your opponent happened to not lay a negate attack or mirror force well we know that with that tengu/birdman combo you could easily otk just like that
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Deck Profile #1- Mist Valley   Deck Profile #1- Mist Valley EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 6:59 pm

Again, Divine Wind only works once per turn
Back to top Go down
JakeLegion

JakeLegion

PostSubject: Re: Deck Profile #1- Mist Valley   Deck Profile #1- Mist Valley EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:49 pm

@Harper

I seriously thought about your techs and i am making these changes to my deck

-2 Soilder
+2 DeltaFlyer

And all the other little changes you suggested, except for the Ryhno and the Genex Blastfan, I feel that they are too situational and dont "flow" with the natural rhythm of the deck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deck Profile #1- Mist Valley   Deck Profile #1- Mist Valley Empty

Back to top Go down

Deck Profile #1- Mist Valley
Page 1 of 1