Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeCard Discovery: Extra Gate I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Card Discovery: Extra Gate

Go down 
+9
Nivedo
SirFunchalot
Vongola-x
тhε ßεтяαýεя
BliTz
Scorpion67
Quincy99
bakura normal
LegendaryFrost
13 posters
AuthorMessage
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Card Discovery: Extra Gate Empty
PostSubject: Card Discovery: Extra Gate   Card Discovery: Extra Gate EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 9:21 am

Ok ummm for those who don't know, the knew cards coming to the yugioh xyz scene are boss, like really boss. In fact, these monsters are so boss that Konami is trying to kill everything else in the extra deck so xyz are one of the last options. So let me ask you, if you ever knew there was a way to RFG a trish,SD, Scrap Dragon,Gyzarus or any other synchro or fusion in your opponent's extra deck WITHOUT it being summoned?

Card Discovery: Extra Gate ExtraGate-PHSW-EN-SR-1E

Name: Extra Gate
Effect: Declare a Level between 1 and 12; your opponent banishes 1 monster of that Level from their Extra Deck. If your opponent does not have a monster of that Level in their Extra Deck, you discard 1 card.

Do I really need to emphasize how broken this is? Hmmm my opp has T.G. Stiker, Warwolf, and Rush Rhino, while I have a SD face-up. Before the sync, WHAM RFG that trish and watch them suffer. I swear this card can take down any synchro(especially staples like Catastor,Blackrose Dragon,Brionic) and the worst part is, the monster is BANISHED, meaning it's gone for good. It let's u see their entire extra deck as well if u declare an impossible number( like 1 or 11) and the only downside? you get to discard a card you want. This is surely a +1 against plants, especially since u can set this and use it once they have set-up their field to greatly limit their options. Decks like Wind-ups that focus heavily on xyz summon won't be touched by this(they don't have levels) but it just goes to show how badly Konami want xyz to be the main extra deck cards. Pretty good side, especially against decks like plants and six sams, since u can maxx "c" and draw, then use this before they synchro and leave them wide open. I have to give this card 8.5/10 just because when used wisely there is NO downside to this card.

Last edited by LegendaryFrost on Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bakura normal

bakura normal

PostSubject: Re: Card Discovery: Extra Gate   Card Discovery: Extra Gate EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 9:26 am

lets see, quasar pwned, trish pwned, stardust pwnd, scrap pwnd

BROKEN CRAD IS DEFO BROKEN

nice article ayway frost and it was a good read =D
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: Card Discovery: Extra Gate   Card Discovery: Extra Gate EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 9:50 am

Makes anti meta decks smile. Good discovery Frosty
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Card Discovery: Extra Gate   Card Discovery: Extra Gate EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 9:54 am

the card is descent, I wouldnt give a 10/10 tho cuz their is downsides to that, if you declare a level 8, your opponent can banish the ones he want to remove so it will probably wont be the card you want. It is still an interesting card tho KIU forsteh Wink
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Card Discovery: Extra Gate   Card Discovery: Extra Gate EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 9:56 am

I gave it 10 only cuz of second effect and perks, you choose a card to discard and u get to see their whole extra deck, though ur right they do get to choose, but the main target for this may be trish.
Back to top Go down
BliTz

BliTz

PostSubject: Re: Card Discovery: Extra Gate   Card Discovery: Extra Gate EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:02 am

i would say its a good find since it can stop the formula and the trish etc.

but as scorp said its not necessarily going to always iterfere with their plays. The 2nd effect well.. isnt that stellar but i think it can be very useful against many decks. its just not broken
Back to top Go down
тhε ßεтяαýεя
King of Games
King of Games
тhε ßεтяαýεя

PostSubject: Re: Card Discovery: Extra Gate   Card Discovery: Extra Gate EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:56 am

well it can't stop sdd, scrap, brionac etc... it says your opponent banishes 1 monster of that Level from their Extra Deck, which means he can choose what to banish, and I think everyone runs more than 1 lvl 5,6,8 syncs...
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Card Discovery: Extra Gate   Card Discovery: Extra Gate EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:20 am

But u can't tell me that their syncs are necessary, otherwise they wudn't add them.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Card Discovery: Extra Gate   Card Discovery: Extra Gate EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:48 am

Its good to stop the librarian formula play. I'm pretty sure someone will find something interesting with this. Darkworlds ca use it very well
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: Card Discovery: Extra Gate   Card Discovery: Extra Gate EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 2:46 pm

this in dw... graph afraid of trish, gate... u need to discard, LVL 1! and u re discarding...
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Card Discovery: Extra Gate   Card Discovery: Extra Gate EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 3:54 pm

This card is unplayable garbage and should never be ran. I can't think of a single reason to use this over a higher utility card such as Enemy Controller, Book of Moon, Maxx "C", Effect Veiler, Bottomless Trap Hole, etc. There are so many better ways to take out a synchro or dissuade your opponent from playing it on a given turn than taking a shot in the dark and hoping you banish the right Synchro they were planning on using in that situation. To be honest, I probably still wouldn't even run this card if it allowed you to just look at their extra and banish any 1 card of your choosing.
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: Card Discovery: Extra Gate   Card Discovery: Extra Gate EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 5:29 pm

well i would see this being ran in more anti-meta decks, especially ones that go against the cookie cutter synchro decks that rely on the exact same "staple" synchros. and even if anti-meta doesnt want to run it in the main deck it would definitely be a good card to side deck 2 or 3 copies.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Card Discovery: Extra Gate   Card Discovery: Extra Gate EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 5:46 pm

The prominent anti-meta decks are T.G. STUN and Evolrabbit with Dimensional Fissure. Neither of which really truly benefits from running this card over others. At best, this card is a 1-1 trade and will rob your opponent of 1/15th of their extra deck options, hardly anything to write home about.
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: Card Discovery: Extra Gate   Card Discovery: Extra Gate EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 6:27 pm

but just as was stated before, and this may go away from the anti-meta deck idea, your opponent quickly sets up their field to synchro summon for the only way possible to get rid of your big monster on the field, you call out level 9 and your opponent has less options to work with making them change up their plans on how to get out of the bind.

the way i see it is that strategies tend to be more than stopping your opponent from playing against you, and more about shutting off your opponents options. cut your opponents options off and they will be left helpless. and this card can help with cutting off options when it comes to taking out an opponents synchro. but different people may find different uses for it and might find different amounts of potential in it.

an example of how taking 1 synchro out of the extra deck can hurt your options is how my friend ended up when "half" of his gameplan went down the drain when goyo guardian was banned. good card and all, some people might have not even ran him, but when he was taken out half of his plans were shut down. and unless your opponent runs more than 25% of their extra deck with monsters of the same level, starting with all 3 in your opening hand may not be the worst thing.

call level 9 first. they dont have one you check to verify, take note of what they only have one or two of, then calls those levels. right there you effectively take out about 12% of their options. and if its second game of the match, you already know a bit of their playstyle and should know what to go after.

but in the end what it comes down to is whether or not you will concern yourself with this card or not. my personal opinion is that if someone were to call level 12 with it against me, there goes my main plan, but i have plenty of backup plans in the waiting just in case the first one is ruined.
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: Card Discovery: Extra Gate   Card Discovery: Extra Gate EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:52 am

rofl, just say 9 and there goes to tirsh threat xD
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Card Discovery: Extra Gate   Card Discovery: Extra Gate EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 4:15 am

Eh. The Trish or Formula aspect is good, but most people, even decks that don't synchro much, run 2 of each level of synchro (stardust and scrap dragon, brd and scrap archfiend, brio and Gaia/orient, catastor and librarian). So in many cases all you'll do is remove their stardust when they need scrap dragon...and then they summon scrap dragon
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: Card Discovery: Extra Gate   Card Discovery: Extra Gate EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 4:41 am

that's why I think it is a good SIDE card in DWs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Card Discovery: Extra Gate   Card Discovery: Extra Gate EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:19 am

What does this card accomplish that other side deck choices can't also accomplish, while simultaneously being capable of doing other things?

You want to defend against synchros and swarms? Use Maxx "C", you want to banish a big threat, try Bottomless Trap Hole, you want to stop a random special summon, try Vanity's Emptiness, you want to get rid of a tuner or other form of synchro bait that has low attack, Chain Disappearance. With so many other strong options I really can't find a reason to justify a -1, potentially a -2, that doesn't give you any valuable information (Extra Decks are typically obvious once you know what you're playing against, and in general they're all rather similar), and only strips your opponent of 1 of their options that they in all likelihood would not even need definite access to in order to win. If you cut off their Trishula play, maybe they have Mist Wurm, and they still beat you down for game. Or even just change plans and then drop a catastor.
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: Card Discovery: Extra Gate   Card Discovery: Extra Gate EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:41 am

DW is afraid of trish and if not, this card gives u a discard for a graph or another DW...and it is not like everyone has all of those cards irl, I mean maxx "c" costs about 48 US Dollars...
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Card Discovery: Extra Gate   Card Discovery: Extra Gate EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 4:51 pm

Wasn't aware of the massive Maxx "C" price jump, last time I checked it was around $9 a piece. But regardless, even excluding Maxx "C", there are still tons of better anti-synchro options than this (even in Dark World).
Back to top Go down
SabreW

SabreW

PostSubject: Re: Card Discovery: Extra Gate   Card Discovery: Extra Gate EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:17 pm

This card sounds good for a lot of good reasons. But no card is without it's drawbacks. And a lot of them were said already:

Pros:
+ Good card in some side decks
+ Potentially remove a big Synchro threat
+ Doesn't hurt decks that Xyz Summon
+ Availability price not as high compared to the "better" cards.

Cons:
- Lot of cards that function the same way, if not better
- Most players main 2+ Fusions/Synchros with same level
- Saves your opponent's resources, instead of making them waste them, then playing one of the "better" cards and losing their monster.

Granted, those are my thoughts, though I may have 0% idea as to what I'm talking about. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shadow

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Card Discovery: Extra Gate   Card Discovery: Extra Gate EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:27 am

Vongola-x wrote:
that's why I think it is a good SIDE card in DWs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Card Discovery: Extra Gate   Card Discovery: Extra Gate Empty

Back to top Go down

Card Discovery: Extra Gate
Page 1 of 1