Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeWind-Up Deck - Round 2 I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wind-Up Deck - Round 2

Go down 
+2
kyosuke kiryu
SabreW
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SabreW

SabreW

Wind-Up Deck - Round 2 Empty
PostSubject: Wind-Up Deck - Round 2   Wind-Up Deck - Round 2 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 11:30 am

With new monsters coming out for this archetype in Photon Shockwave and Order of Chaos, I decided to retry making this deck. I want this deck to be good, so I'm trying new ways to play with it. Not a lot of cards are being used from the new sets, but the ones that are being used are faring pretty well.

Monsters:
2x Cyber Dragon
1x Sangan
2x Summoner Monk
3x Tour Guide from the Underworld
2x Tragoedia
2x Wind-Up Juggler
3x Wind-Up Magician
2x Wind-Up Rabbit
3x Wind-Up Soldier

Spells:
1x Book of Moon
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm
1x Instant Fusion
1x Level Limit - Area B
1x Monster Reborn
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Pot of Avarice
3x Wind-Up Factory

Traps:
2x Gravity Bind
1x Mirror Force
1x Solemn Judgment
2x Solemn Warning
2x Ultimate Offering

Side Deck TBA

Extra Deck:
1x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
1x Lv3 Fusion Monster
1x Lv4 Fusion Monster
1x Lv5 Fusion Monster
1x Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon
1x Evigishki Merrowgeist
1x Grenosaurus
1x Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
1x Number 39: Utopia
1x Number 61: Volcasaurus
1x Steelswarm Roach
1x Tiras, Keeper of Genesis
1x Wind-Up Zenmaister
1x Wind-Up Zenmaines
1x Wind-Up Zenmaighty

Monsters:

This deck is designed to Xyz Summon as much as possible. Tour Guide of the Underworld and Sangan help me do that on the very first turn, helping me get Grenosaurus, Number 17: Leviathan Dragon, or even the new Wind-Up monsters, Wind-Up Zenmaines or Wind-Up Zenmaighty. Summoner Monk gets me any Level 4 monster to Xyz a Rank 4, and Cyber Dragon combos with Wind-Up Soldier to get a Rank 5. Tragoedia is a monster in this deck, becoming a pseudo-Gagaga Magican with being able to change his level to 3, 4, or 5 depending on who I have in the grave. Should I not have any of those, Instant Fusion gets me any Fusion monster I need to Instant Xyz a monster.

Wind-Up Zenmaighty is coming out in Order of Chaos, so it's not here yet. But it does wonders in this deck by helping get out more Wind-Up monsters to flood the field. And should those monsters get destroyed, I can use his other effect to bring them back to my hand to use later.

Whenever Wind-Up Zenmaines would be destroyed, you can detach one Xyz Material instead, just like Gachi Gachi Gantetsu. So if your opponent can destroy Zenmaines, it can still protect itself. But unlike Gantetsu, this card has another ability that’ll make your opponent wonder if he should even try.

If Wind-Up Zenmaines’ protective ability is used, you can destroy any card on the field during the End Phase. Zenmaines is a walking landmine that punishes your opponent for provoking it. If your opponent tries to touch it they’ll have one of their cards blow up at the end of the turn! Your opponent will either leave it alone, or frantically launch a giant assault on it to try and destroy it before it can explode their cards (since its effect won’t activate if it leaves the field).

Just from looking at the deck, I'm sure people are screaming at me, "Sabre, you idiot! Where are your Synchro monsters!? You need Synchros, etc.!" Well, I can honestly tell you that this deck, while they may be helpful to most decks, can fare pretty well without them and against them. Reasons why:

Reason 1) Level Limit - Area B

Like I said, this deck is mostly designed to used the monsters in it to Xyz Summon as much as possible. Synchro Summoning is good and all, but when Level Limit hits the field, all Monsters Level 4+ are taking a knee. That's one thing that Xyz monsters can get under because of their Ranks. Most of my monsters don't get affected by Level Limit, while all of their Synchros are stuck in DEF, unless they summon Formula Synchron. So while Synchros are taking a nap, my Xyz monsters can stomp all over them because of some Synchros low DEF.

Reason 2) Gravity Bind

Same reasons as #1. Even if my opponent gets under Level Limit, or if I can't get Level Limit quickly, I have this card to help me out for a while. Gravity Bind stops Level 4+ monsters from attacking. Another thing Xyz Ranks get under. Granted should I have Soldier/Cydra/Trago on the field, I won't be able to attack with them before Xyz Summoning, but my new Xyz monster taking their place will be happy to fly under the radar.

Another thing I found, both of these cards work their best magic after I've been stormed and MST'd. But even then, they're still good to have around when my opponent doesn't have those cards yet. They'll be praying to draw that one Heavy or those MST's trying to get my cards off the field.

So, whaddyathink? Comments and Criticism need be brutal as possible.
Back to top Go down
kyosuke kiryu

kyosuke kiryu

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Up Deck - Round 2   Wind-Up Deck - Round 2 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 3:21 pm

You should not focus on adding all the Wind-Up cards in one deck and stall with them. The best Wind-Up version is one I play and have a lot of fun to play. The point is to exceed summon rank 5 easily Smile

-3 Wind-Up Rabbit
-3 Wind-Up Magician
-2 Wind-Up Juggler
-1 Level Limit
-3 Wind-Up Factory
-2 Gravity Bind
-1 Tragoedia
-1 Solemn Judgement
-2 Summoner Monk

+3 Wind-Up Dog
+3 Wind-up Warrior
+2 Giant Rat
+1 Gorz
+1 Reinforcements of thr Army
+1 Instant Fusion
+2 Pot of Duality
+1 Torrential Tribute
+1 Call Of The Haunted
+1 Oracle Of The Sun
+1 Forbidden Lance

Even with these fixes my version is a bit different with 42 cards. It has 3 Veilers extra, and is not with tour guide and it has 1 more Lance, and it has one more Rat. I tried giving you fixes so it wouldnt be the same as my deck.

As for Extra Deck

2 Barox
2 Adreus, Keeper Of Armageedon
1 Gem-Knight Pearl
1 Number 39: Utopia
1 Number 61: Volcasaurus
2 Tiras, Keeper of genesis
1 Roach
1 Brionac
1 The Sacred Pleaiades
1 Catastor
1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
1 Dborak The King of Heavy Machinery

That way is simpler, and you don't waste space and worry about which things to add here since it just focuses mainly in rank 5 exceeds. Btw, Brionac, and other synchros are there just in case you do main 1-2 Veilers. I would recommend you to find space for them.
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Up Deck - Round 2   Wind-Up Deck - Round 2 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 4:04 pm

why gaint rat when Wind-up have there own searcher ??
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Up Deck - Round 2   Wind-Up Deck - Round 2 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 4:37 pm

de's right Razz. Honeybee. i'm close to a good build and kyo gave me some techs to try so soon i will post my fixes. i really have been working on it haha
Back to top Go down
kyosuke kiryu

kyosuke kiryu

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Up Deck - Round 2   Wind-Up Deck - Round 2 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:45 am

Honeybee is weak. Also, I forgot to mention I side out Lance with 2 horn even with lance it can protect a rat better than the bee.. Also, if you have instant fusion, you can add a rank 4 Exceed and maybe use rat as a material.

Though, the only advantage that bee has is that you can summon the monster in def or attack position, while with rat, it has to be in attack. Though, not like it matters.

P.S. When I made the deck, which was months ago, bee wasn't there XD

@ Harper, if you wanna try a weird tech, try gagaga magician, he is pro too.
Back to top Go down
SabreW

SabreW

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Up Deck - Round 2   Wind-Up Deck - Round 2 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:52 am

Thanks for the help guys.

@kyosuke: "You should not focus on adding all the Wind-Up cards in one deck and stall with them."

I wasn't adding all the Wind-Ups. I was just using the best ones to get as many Xyz monsters out. Level Limit and Gravity were to stop my opponents monsters from being able to use high level Synchro Monsters to make up for me not having any. Even though I should castrate you for telling me to get rid of Wind-Up Factory, I must say I do like the deck build you gave me. I'll try it and see how it works for me.

@Harper: Sure thing, Harper. Lemme know when you get done with it and we'll (maybe) duel with them. Laughing And I haven't really used Honeybee before. I'll eventually have to use them all at some point to see how it works, So I'll be trying a deck with Honeybee in the near future.

Also, just a little note, my deck was able to pull off an OTK. I didn't think it was possible to do it with Wind-Ups, but Zenmaighty + 3 Soldiers made it possible. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Up Deck - Round 2   Wind-Up Deck - Round 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 7:54 am

kyosuke kiryu wrote:
Honeybee is weak. Also, I forgot to mention I side out Lance with 2 horn even with lance it can protect a rat better than the bee.. Also, if you have instant fusion, you can add a rank 4 Exceed and maybe use rat as a material.

Though, the only advantage that bee has is that you can summon the monster in def or attack position, while with rat, it has to be in attack. Though, not like it matters.

P.S. When I made the deck, which was months ago, bee wasn't there XD

@ Harper, if you wanna try a weird tech, try gagaga magician, he is pro too.

summoning in def is more important than you might think. and i don't really care that he is weak or hard to protect....his job is to die after all. also i use factory in my build so being able to search the searcher and search when the searcher searches is useful xD (say that 5 times fast). i might try Gagaga...he's funny lol. the rest of your build i liked, i used it as a base for my own.
Sabre: here it is! kyo was right to drop Magician. he seemed important to me but i spent too much effort trying to set him off so much that he isn't worth it. i have a love-hate relationship with Zenmeighty...he's so wimpy and annoying when i need a beatstick after i used Leviathan already but he's won me games too.
Wind-Up Deck - Round 2 Sabre10
Back to top Go down
kyosuke kiryu

kyosuke kiryu

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Up Deck - Round 2   Wind-Up Deck - Round 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 1:34 pm

Yea, useful when used with Factory, but I don't use it, so Bee is useless to me. Might try factory with bee to see if it runs faster though.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Up Deck - Round 2   Wind-Up Deck - Round 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 2:18 pm

Factory is really great you should try it, it helps offset the minuses of the xyz summons. And everyone wants to mst it which is kinda a waste really since it already gave me a plus, and I know I can use my traps they could have popped instead
Back to top Go down
kyosuke kiryu

kyosuke kiryu

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Up Deck - Round 2   Wind-Up Deck - Round 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 2:28 pm

I think Mind Control in your build would not help out much. At least, I don't find it that useful.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Up Deck - Round 2   Wind-Up Deck - Round 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 3:55 pm

Are you guys purposefully not using Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning or am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
infernal_archmage

infernal_archmage

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Up Deck - Round 2   Wind-Up Deck - Round 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 4:47 am

I run my own Wind-up too, but I use Rat and Magician to bring out as many monsters as I can in a turn...ummm...why take 'em both out?
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Up Deck - Round 2   Wind-Up Deck - Round 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 10:48 am

bc rat sucks and Magician isn't as easy to pull off as he looks. focusing on one strategy is better anyway
Back to top Go down
infernal_archmage

infernal_archmage

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Up Deck - Round 2   Wind-Up Deck - Round 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 2:05 pm

oh okay, I kinda understand with rat, but with magician, i usually get it out with honeybee and then next turn i summon one wind-up monster, activate its effect, get another out, and Xyz, leaving magician a +1.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Up Deck - Round 2   Wind-Up Deck - Round 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 2:44 pm

Magician is a +1 but if you xyz it's a +0. I dunno, tbh it seemed like THE key card when I first tried them. But I found that i tried to hard to set him off. It's not like super hard or anything but I always drew him hen I didn't want him and even when I did set him off I felt forced to go rank 4 when I could have gone rank 5. It's not a bad card but withou him, it made me happier because I'm not limited by him anymore
funch: I always forget him when I make new decks -.-. Maybe drop a Mind I guess since yeah it's not totally necessary. But it makes me sad bc I like Mind and I don't like going over 20 monsters.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Up Deck - Round 2   Wind-Up Deck - Round 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 2:53 pm

I'd axe mirror Force before Mind Control. I'd also drop a flame swordsman for a Lavalval Chain while you're at it (searching out BLS is bro stuff) also Daigusto Phoenix is nice, I'd prob drop one of the second copies of a rank 5.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Up Deck - Round 2   Wind-Up Deck - Round 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 3:02 pm

I like mf better haha. Also I'm going to switch the Flame Swordsmen for light or dark fusions bc I run bls now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Up Deck - Round 2   Wind-Up Deck - Round 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wind-Up Deck - Round 2
Page 1 of 1