Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeA rewound wolf with a Wind-Up deck I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A rewound wolf with a Wind-Up deck

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SabreW

SabreW

A rewound wolf with a Wind-Up deck Empty
PostSubject: A rewound wolf with a Wind-Up deck   A rewound wolf with a Wind-Up deck EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 6:29 am

I told you guys I was coming back with some new decks. This is one of them. After playing with this deck, I found that I love Wind-Up monsters. Even moreso the Xyz monsters I can use with them. Here's the deck:

Monsters:
3x Cyber Dragon
3x Wind-Up Dog
3x Wind-Up Juggler
1x Wind-Up Magician
3x Wind-Up Soldier

Spells:
1x Book of Moon
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm
2x Instant Fusion
1x Mind Control
1x Monster Reborn
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Pot of Avarice
3x Pot of Duality
3x Wind-Up Factory

Traps:
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Call of the Haunted
2x Dimension Prison
1x Mirror Force
1x Solemn Judgment
2x Solemn Warning
1x Torrential Tribute

Side Deck TBA

Extra Deck:
2x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
1x Darkfire Dragon
2x Flame Swordsman
1x Fusionist
2x Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon
1x Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
1x Number 39: Utopia
1x Number 61: Volcasaurus
1x Steelswarm Roach
1x Tiras, Keeper of Genesis
2x Wind-Up Zenmaister

And here are some basic info about what I can do with this deck:

Monsters:
3x Cyber Dragon: 2100 ATK beater or use for a Rank 5 Xyz Summon.
3x Wind-Up Dog: Can become a Level 5 1800 ATK beast that can also easily Xyz Summon a Rank 5 Monster.
3x Wind-Up Juggler: AKA Wind-Up Bomb. This card can blow up a monster that is giving you troubles. My favorite play is to summon it and bait my opponent to attack it with a monster only to send it packing afterwards.
1x Wind-Up Magician: After a Wind-Up card's effect activates, this monster can Special Summon a Wind-Up monster from the deck.
3x Wind-Up Soldier: One of the main beaters in this deck. His effect turns him into a Level 5 2200 ATK monster.

Spells:
1x Book of Moon: Self-explanatory
1x Dark Hole: Self-explanatory
1x Heavy Storm: Self-explanatory
2x Instant Fusion: Helps to get the certain fusion monster I need for an Xyz summon. If I have dog out and haven’t used his effect, I can Instant for Fusionist and get Leviathan. Any 4* Wind-up monster gets me Darkfire for Zenmaister, Utopia, or Roach. And Cyber, Soldier or Dog with their effects gets Xyz’d up with Flame Swordsman.
1x Mind Control: Take control of their monster, whether it is a monster to use for a Xyz Summon, or a monster to move out of the way for a direct attack for game.
1x Monster Reborn: Self-explanatory
2x Mystical Space Typhoon: Self-explanatory
1x Pot of Avarice: Beings your Wind-Up monsters back into the deck to play with them again.
3x Pot of Duality: Self-explanatory, though one of these cards drawbacks is the fact that the card you pulled could potentially be Mind Crushed afterwards. Despite that, still a very good card.
3x Wind-Up Factory: Many, many pluses can come from this card. Any Wind-Up effect that activates gets you a Wind-Up monster from your deck to your hand. You should never not have at least 1 Wind-Up monster in your hand if this card is on the field.

Traps:
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Call of the Haunted
2x Dimension Prison
1x Mirror Force
1x Solemn Judgment
2x Solemn Warning
1x Torrential Tribute

Side Deck TBA

Extra Deck:
2x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon: For those rare occasions I play Offering Gadgets, or against Machines in general.
1x Darkfire Dragon: For Rank 4 Xyz
2x Flame Swordsman: For Rank 5 Xyz
1x Fusionist: For Rank 3 Xyz
2x Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon: Out of all the Rank 5’s, this is my go-to guy.
1x Number 17: Leviathan Dragon: Self explanatory
1x Number 39: Utopia: Self-explanatory
1x Number 61: Volcasaurus: After I used up my Adreus’s, I’ll summon this one next. Being able to pop one of your opponent’s monsters and dealing damage = their ATK is amazing in my book. Definitely worth taking out a Tiras for him.
1x Steelswarm Roach: Self-explanatory
1x Tiras, Keeper of Genesis: If it weren’t for that last effect of Tiras’s, I would have considered bringing this one back up to 2. As it is now though, Tiras’s effect just seems more situational to me than Adreus’s, hence why he’s at 2 to Tiras’s 1. Could be wrong, could be right. I’d have to play with him some more to be absolutely sure.
2x Wind-Up Zenmaister: I get any combination of 2 Soldier, Juggler, Magician, Darkfire, or a Mind Controlled 4* monster out, I get this guy. His effect recycles my Wind-up monster’s effect so they can be used again.

Personally, I think the main deck is okay, what I'm more concerned about is what to side and how the extra deck looks.

Originally I had two Tiras and no Volcasaurus. Then I took out Fusionist and added Volcasaurus for some more Rank 5's. But then after a while I realized that unless I summoned Dog twice, I had no other options to Xyz Leviathan. Plus, I like Adreus over Tiras. So in the end Fusionist came back and a Tiras came out.

Right now I can only think of two, but here are some basic plays that I can do with this deck:

-The most common play you can get with this deck is getting Soldier or Dog and Cydra in the same hand, and going second. My opponent has a monster out. SS Cydra, summon Soldier/Dog, play Factory, use Soldier/Dog's effect, which trigger's Factory, getting me Magician or Juggler. After attacking, I'll Xyz for Adreus/Volcasaurus/Tiras (whichever is needed at the time). I guarantee I've had this starting hand more times than I can count when I've played with this deck. Guess I was just lucky that way. XD You could go first and do the same thing, just replace summoning Cydra with an InstaFusion.

-Should my opponent be afraid of losing their monster due to a face-up Juggler, they'll leave him alone, but then they'll have to face ZenMaister on my next turn. By then I'll still have Juggler on the field. Then I could summon Magician, attack with Juggler, blowing him up with my opponent's monster. Then Magician summons another Juggler or Soldier to the field, attack with them if their field is clear, and then on M2, Xyz summon ZenMaister/Utopia/Roach (in that particular order) for another big monster.

So tell me what you think.

Last edited by SabreW on Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:41 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: A rewound wolf with a Wind-Up deck   A rewound wolf with a Wind-Up deck EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 5:05 pm

This is difficult for me to fix as I'm not too familiar with wind up decks. From what I can tell, it looks like your wind ups can make themselves fair beaters/destroy threats by battle while also increasing their level. So it makes it not too hard to summon powerful rank 5 xyz, hence the Instant Fusions. But from what I can see it seems kinda slow as it relies on having Instant Fusion or Cydra a little. Cydra and Instant definately are the best ways to capitalize on level 5 for sure, so you're doing good there, yet idk how well it works. Factory helps you plus a lot for sure, but I don't see a way to effectively special summon the monsters you add to hand, unless I'm missing something. But again, I'm know virtually nothing about this deck. Your trap lineup is full of only good traps. I would run pretty much the same thing last format, just would hve swapped the bth for tools. But Heavy is back, so I would probably cut down on traps a little. Then again, it may be a deck that needs it, do you find it functioning as a slow control deck where you plus off of Factory and play the advantage game? Btw you definately need Dustshoot. The extra is a bit off...drop the Chimeratechs for sure and add synchros just in case. 4 rank 5 seems a bit excessive too. Do you really go into them that much? I may just run Volcasaurus and an Adreus. At first glance, the deck seems to have an interesting way of getting an unexpected boss monster, but may need an aggressive sub-engine like Tour Guide to buy you time and distract the opponent with. After all, you have very few monsters. You could also try another copy or 2 of Magician since it seems good, or more wind-ups too. Ultimate Offering may not be a bad choice. Example: summon Soldier, summon Magician, activate Factory. Activate Soldier eff and activate Magician eff summoning...idk...another soldier? Add another Magician to hand, summon it, activate the new Soldier's eff, special summon another random Wind-Up. So your field is 2 Magician, 2 Soldier, 1 random Wind-Up, Factory, and Offering, letting you summon Volcasaurus/Adreus/Tiras. Not bad. Perhaps Offering is the extra push you need to get stuff on-field. You may also want to try the standard, almost-staple monsters like veiler and gorz.
I'll repeat this for like the tenth time lol, don't have any experience with this, I'll tell you what I told frost for his Gishki build, it's too unique of a playstyle for me to just look at it and say "here's how to play it". I'll have to test it myself. Could you explain some basic moves the deck can do also so I have a better idea?
Back to top Go down
SabreW

SabreW

PostSubject: Re: A rewound wolf with a Wind-Up deck   A rewound wolf with a Wind-Up deck EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 4:22 am

Edited for card and deck explanation.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: A rewound wolf with a Wind-Up deck   A rewound wolf with a Wind-Up deck EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 4:26 am

I looked up what they did, I meant more like what plays do you typically get off. Btw I'll try to test them in the next few days
Back to top Go down
SabreW

SabreW

PostSubject: Re: A rewound wolf with a Wind-Up deck   A rewound wolf with a Wind-Up deck EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 10:46 am

Ooooooooohhhh....

That's what I thought you meant, but I wasn't sure. Okay, I RE-reedited the post to add the most basic plays I could think of for this deck. I'll add more as I come up with them, though I think those might be the best ones.
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: A rewound wolf with a Wind-Up deck   A rewound wolf with a Wind-Up deck EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 11:00 am

Cant say I'm a wind up expert, but heres my take,

You need some syncro power and Genex ally birdman seems like he would mesh quite well, as you would be able to make lv 8's like crazy. or even reusuable syncros like plaguespeader or glow up bulb for naturia and trish plays

Summoner monk you do well here as well, with 16 spells, it would seem like it could make for interesting plays.

small idea but i would swap the d.prison for something like ocmplusory evacuation device, chainable and takes care of messy problems of you dont have juggler
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A rewound wolf with a Wind-Up deck   A rewound wolf with a Wind-Up deck Empty

Back to top Go down

A rewound wolf with a Wind-Up deck
Page 1 of 1