Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Dutch World I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Dutch World

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Dutch_Prince
Teacher
Teacher
The_Dutch_Prince

The Dutch World Empty
PostSubject: The Dutch World   The Dutch World EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 2:46 am

Hi there DGA,

Since I didnt get any suggestions or fixes on my previous posted deck I was thinking to post a more popular and "common" deck today so that you all might be able to give sugestions or fixes.
So yea I guess the title says it all so that brings me on to the following:

The Dutch World Tgudarkworld

Note: the Side deck is still a work in process, but so far its not doing that bad.

I guess there is no need for me to explain the deck or how it works, so be my guest.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

The Dutch World Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dutch World   The Dutch World EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 5:45 am

Mine are also a work in progress, but I don't like dealings cuz it helps almost EVERY deck this format, and lightning I find can be REALLY dead, so I use it at one. Also, have u tried Tragoedia, it is pretty good in this deck. Lastly I use the Gateway to DW, it's chainable spell, and lets u summon a DW from grave, could take out a CoTH for that. So I guess:
-1 Dealings
-1 Lightning
-1 CoTH
-1 BTH
+1 MST
+2 Trag
+1 Gateway

u can try it and tell me how it goes, but like I said mine is also a work in progress Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The_Dutch_Prince
Teacher
Teacher
The_Dutch_Prince

The Dutch World Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dutch World   The Dutch World EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 5:59 am

Lets cover your suggestions one by one:

Lighting is a force card in essence, it either forces my opponent to chain it pre-maturely if they refuse to do so or they can't ( in case or Warnings, BTH, TT, Mirror Force etc etc ) I have an extra discard outlet to work with. So thats the reason why I run 2 of these and 1 MST. I will try it out, but I do need the discard outlets to keep on going.

Dealings: 1 in my main deck is fine as it is, for the simple reason of having a valid discard outlet which is searchable. If I dont find myself in a mirror match it is never a really bad deal for me, since you as the controller of it only play it when you know you get the best stuff out of it in the end ( at least I guess thats how I play it ). The 2 in my side deck function as extra discard outlets when I dont have a mirror match, and are actually doing pretty good in here.

Coth: Yes I can lose 1 of them, found that out in testing the deck extensively today. Good call on that one.

MST, because I like the lightings for the reasons I mentioned above I sde decked my 2nd copy of MST because I also run Heavy and a lone MST in my main. I could swap them every now and then, but extra reason other than lighting could be chained to and thus not letting you discard will be considered in the future. But I will keep the ratio as it is for now.

Tragoeida: Yes I have tried it and I felt moren eed for my veilers and backrow via testing. I only found myself summoning Tragoedia when I wanted to synchro, since in every other scenario my ïmportant"normal summon was enough to turn the tables and win me the game ( TGU mainly ). Will try and test it again if I feel I really need OTK protection.

Gateway, is a card that does the same thing as Coth and I seriously do not need it. Obviouslt Gate can be done in my BP from my hand as well, which makes it more agressive ( which is always nice ) but I do not feel like needing it that bad. Seeing it could be nice to have it in some situations I will testplay it for it a while.

Thanks for your suggestions
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

The Dutch World Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dutch World   The Dutch World EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 6:51 am

Hmmm I see your point in most of them and I didn't really look at dealings that way Razz, but either way I'm gonna try some of your options as well
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

The Dutch World Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dutch World   The Dutch World EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 7:29 am

Most of my suggestions are just preference, bc really the basic build is...well...basic. As opposed to the psychic deck you posted, you also have Dragged Down to the grave (which I run 3 of and no Dealings in my build) to see te opponent's hand, plus Dustshoot, plus u can know from their searching cards like Sangan, Duality, Earth, Stratos, Snoww, etc. So I run 2 Mind Crush in main, and it's been totally worth it so far. It's only ever been dead once and I dint need it at that point. I would drop the card in between tt and mf (dark smog if I'm not mistaken). I understand why you run may want bth over warning, bc of the mirror match. But I can't help thinking that they should always be ran. I think you can fit it in if you tried, for example, Veilers aren't too important in dw for some reason. Maybe you could try warnings over them idk. Or perhaps dad (which was generally dead for me when I tested him) or a beiige (you only NEED 2).
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

The Dutch World Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dutch World   The Dutch World EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 7:56 am

The card between Torrential tribute and Mirror Force is Deck Devastation Virus, lets u destroy either all ur opponent's traps or spells for 3 turns, pwnage card
Back to top Go down
The_Dutch_Prince
Teacher
Teacher
The_Dutch_Prince

The Dutch World Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dutch World   The Dutch World EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 11:47 am

To comment on Harper:

Dragged Down into the grave: The reason why I only main decked 2 is because of the annoying mirror match. Besdies that versus any other deck I still need to set all of my card in order for them to pick ( or let it be that I have 1 in my hand after I set ) a DW card I would like to be ditched. In mirror matches Dragged can even be worse, seeing if you didnt knew you are facing a DW deck ( which is weird but it happens ) it backfires and otherwise it is just a semi-dead towards dead card. Which is why I side decked the 3rd ( for my non mirror matches ).

Mind Crush: As you can tell I have the 2nd mind crush in my side deck for the decks like Hero, TDP and Faries etc. Not for the mirror match ( seeing Mind Crush is then a - 1 at least for myself, and seeing I cannot know before hand if I run into a mirror match I rather main deck 1 then finding out I have dead cards ). Obviously Mind Crush hits spells and traps as well, and I could make sure I call the name of the search via Snoww to avoid their discard outlet, thats why I still main 1. PS the card between TT and Mirror is EEV ( effect is explained by Frost ).

Warning: Warning is not only dangerous to use in the mirror but also versus Agents, LS, TDP and the other swarmish decks out there ( basically the format imo that is ). besides that BTH clears the trheat entirely ( Grapha, Hyperion, Kristya, DAD, JD, CS, BLS etc etc. ) While Warning doesnt do the same. So I prefer my BTH's over the Warnings.

Veilers: They seem unlikely in a build like this, but I have often found the need for it when I was staring down a Hyperion, BLS, JD or even a Brionac. Besides that it stops the obvious TGU plays in the mirror matches and so forth, so yea I like them a lot in here.

Beige: ya I would only "need"2 but I had to fill the spot with something usable, firstly I was thinking about BLs, but I became weary of BLs in DW's and decided to take it out. So its actually a filler until I have found something better, like a Dark Snog in my main or something similar.

thanks for your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Dutch World Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dutch World   The Dutch World Empty

Back to top Go down

The Dutch World
Page 1 of 1