Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeCard Discovery: Kagetokage I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Card Discovery: Kagetokage

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Card Discovery: Kagetokage Empty
PostSubject: Card Discovery: Kagetokage   Card Discovery: Kagetokage EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:02 am

Since I got wind of Photon Shockwave(Sneak peak November 5 & 6, and released in TCG November 15th) I've been looking for cards to make my speciality articles about, and I gotta tell you, there aren't many cards I've seen in there that are trully good and aren't part of a single archtype. Basically cards that can be used virtually anywhere to an advantage. As I was slowly looking at this pack and losing hope I stumbled upon this baby right here:

Card Discovery: Kagetokage KagetokagePHSW-JP-R

Name: Kagetokage - Reptile/Effect
Effect: Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. When you Normal Summon a Level 4 monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster.

Ok now, this card is basically like the monster summoned from tour guide, BUT it gives those lvl 4's back-up. Lemme give u an example: my opponent has a face-down s/t, I summon Lyla to destroy that face-down. in any situation I would have just popped that s/t and ended after setting backrow maybe, but with this card, I can instantly go on the offensive. Destroying the s/t is good, but when I can destroy that lonely s/t and xyz summon a 2500ATK beater in a turn it's much better.
Now though this card(like many other cards that are coming out) cannot be used for synchros(otherwise it's effect would be too much D:) it's other major draw back is that it can only be special summoned when u normal summon a level 4. Now let's think of all the level 4's that we see normally normal summoned these days:
1. Summoner Monk(will talk more on him later ofc)
2. Almost any given E-Hero
3. Any one of the given "LB" monsters: TKR,D.D. Warrior Lady
4. Gadgets( :O )
5. Dodger Dragon
6. Zombies(YES!!!)

Ok those are some examples, now let's break 'em down. Summoner Monk first. It's effect lets you summon a monster of the magic number(4) from your deck. Now this already leads to massive plays with that card by itself, can combo with Lyla, Armageddon Knight, Dark Grapher, E-Hero Stratos,etc. Now those are good plays, but let's add Kagetokage into the mix. Now u can normal summon that monk, get this card on the field, then use monks effect for let's say......Armageddon knight, send let's say....Zephyros to the grave. Now u have the set-up for either a rank 4 xyz that needs 2 level 4's or one that needs 3 level 4's, either way u can inflict major damage when played right.
Heroes are pretty much straight forward when using this, since u can summon a Hero and then fusion summon for E-Hero Escuridão or even use it just to inflict extra damage to your opponent.
Since the whole "backrow" format is gone, these monsters aren't used too often in the same decks, but it can get you an easy set-up in Chaos stun. Summon a Light, summon this, xyz or attack your choice, then whatever happens you have a LIGHT and DARK in grave for your chaos monsters to use for summon and start bashing your opponent.
Gadgets, nearly forgot these bad boys. Ok, now we know how the ultimate gadget combo works, and even how most gadget builds go, but like summoner monk combo, this lets u instantly go on the offensive. Since u get 2 monsters off 1 normal summon, with the aid of ultimate offering, you can get extra field presence. Also, the u can use this with a gadget and Chain summoning(Scorp's gonna make a deck profile about this one later Wink ) and just mercilessly destroy your opponent.
Next is......DODGER DRAGON!!!! This card cannot be stopped by those solemns ya'll Surprised so once dodger hits the field, and kagetokage get's summoned, the shit hits the fan, and your opponent who was happy with that set warning, can shit himself no questions asked. With this combo u get, max 3000ATK damage, and afterwards an xyz of your choice, isn't that a fun deal?
Lastly, ZOMBIES!!! Alright we know that zombies boss combos are all triggered from the normal summon of 1 card(well I guess 2 now since tour guide is here), that card is ZOMBIE MASTER!!! Normal summon that master summon this card, now u have 2 level 4's on the field(your opponent starts sweating...). You use any effect to bring that lonely goblin zombie out the grave(your opponent starts to shit bricks...) now you attack and deal a hella lot of damage. Now if your opponent summons Gorz, fader, or anything like that, your have the option to go for an xyz to stall out(Utopia), prevent any major ss(Roach), steal his monster(Vylon), or if he summons nothing, summon SHOCK RULER!!!! Then detatch sumthin and make ur opponent keep on shittin.
And that's just about it for this card discovery, there are many other things this card is capable of and that's what makes it pretty good. I give it about a 8/10 because of it's minor drawbacks......and the fact that the lizard looks like it was drawn by a 7 yr old.

Last edited by LegendaryFrost on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Card Discovery: Kagetokage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Discovery: Kagetokage   Card Discovery: Kagetokage EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:22 am

Nice card bro, Seriously, in some sumoner monk otk decks, sometimes we miss an axtra 300 atk do deal all the deamage we need for a complete otk, this card might help, it can help zombies too like you said and he is dark wich is food for DADm Chaos and BLS

I might give it a try Wink
Back to top Go down

Card Discovery: Kagetokage
Page 1 of 1