Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homequestion about battle phase I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

question about battle phase

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nivedo

Nivedo

question about battle phase Empty
PostSubject: question about battle phase   question about battle phase EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 2:27 am

ok this may be an off question to ask, but my question is
1. what are the individual steps in the battle phase
2. and what are their substeps.
3. along with those, what cards may be activated during each substep/step

also i do request a specific person to answer or to verify information said, and that person is
j0hnb0i
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: question about battle phase   question about battle phase EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 2:46 am

1. Start Step
Turn player has prio for SS 2 cards.

2. Battle Step
This is where you must state you are entering battle step

2.1 Start/Attack Declaration
Turn player has prio for SS 2
If chooses not to prio, opponent has a chance for cards like Sakuretsu armor, mirror force.

2.2 Before Damage Step
Cards that don't need to be activated in direct response to the attack declaration, but before the Damage Step, can/may be activated here. Can have multiple Chains before entering damage step.

3. Damage Step
Cards that can be activated during damage step:
*Counter Trap Cards (e.g. Seven Tools of the Bandit)
*Spell Speed 2 Effects that alter the ATK/DEF of monsters (e.g. Rush Recklessly)
*Effects that specify activation timings within the Damage Step (e.g. Nutrient Z)
*Quick Effect (Multi-Trigger) Monster Effects that negate the activation of a card/effect (e.g. Stardust Dragon)
*"Attack and Receive", "Chthonian Blast", "Desrook Archfiend", "Michizure", "Null and Void", and "Numinous Healer"

3.1 Starting the damage step.

First, continuous effects that activate this time.
Next, trigger effects at this time
Effects that increase/decrease/double/halve etc.. ATK/DEF of a monster can be activated here.

3.2 Flipping face-down to face-up
Flip effects are not activated here nor are trigger effects.
If the flipped monsters has a continuous effects it activates here (Jinzo).
Effects that increase, decrease, halve, or double the ATK and/or DEF of a monster can be activated at this time.

3.3 Before Damage Calculation
Effects like Drill Roid, activate this time.
Cards like Blast Sphere activate this time.
Effects that increase, decrease, halve or double the ATK and/or DEF of a monster are TYPICALLY activated here.
Multiple Chains may be activated

3.4 During Damage Calculation
Some effects in TCG are activated "During damage calculation"
Honest is odd, because it can be activated any time during damage step, from the start of the Damage Step up to and including damage calculation.

3.5 Battle Damage - After Damage Calculation
If the flipped monster had a "self-destruct" effect (Giant Kozaky) and it survived the battle, activate the effect here.
Flashbang can be activated here, immediately after the damage calculation
Effects like Don Zaloog, are activated here.
"Attack and Receive", "Numinous Healer", "Damage Condenser", and the effect of a face-up "Damage = Reptile" may be activated at this time.

3.6 Resolve Effects
This section deals with the the Flip Effect of the Flip Effect Monster that was flipped face-up by the attack.
Trigger effects of the flipped monster, and flip effects, are activated here.
If a monster destroyed, had a continous effect, this is the point when it stops affecting.
If the Flip Effect of the flipped monster targets, you cannot select a target that has been destroyed during damage calculation.

3.7 End of the Damage Step - Monster(s) Destroyed by Battle are Sent to the Graveyard
Monsters destroyed by battle are sent to grave (or RFG if macro cosmos is on)
Some effects can be activated here, BKSS, like Chthonian Blast.
The effects of cards like Chainsaw Insect, are activated here

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope that helped, got that from wikia so I don't think you need john this time Wink
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: question about battle phase   question about battle phase EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 4:54 am

you can always goolge those things, ygo wikia has all the info about steps
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: question about battle phase   question about battle phase EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 5:02 am

im aware of yugioh wiki but me and a few friends have found some stuff inaccurate information on there before, so i would rather ask people here for information, even if its to confirm what i have read already.
but the reason why i say i want john to at least verify, is because as far as i know, he is the only official real life judge.
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: question about battle phase   question about battle phase EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:20 am

this pretty much sums it up haha

http://ygopro.com/wordpress/?p=224

if you have individual questions about certain things ask me =b
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: question about battle phase   question about battle phase EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:44 am

ok this is also in conjuction with my other post, but firedogs effect doesnt go off in damage calculation, but in the end of damage step because of the requirement for the effect, right?

also how long have these rules been in play?
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: question about battle phase   question about battle phase EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:13 pm

yes that is correct. at the end of the damage step is when the monster goes to the grave so that's when the magic happens

and the battle phase/damage step rules have been in play for a very long time. for years.

and you don't always have to ask me directly man, the guys on here pretty much know as much as i do haha. i'm not very quick when it comes to replying so you can rely on the others if i'm not here. and if they do make any mistakes (i doubt they will) i'll just correct them. =b

shoot i'll probably have to get someone to correct me in case i'm wrong haha
Back to top Go down
Magicknight94

Magicknight94

PostSubject: Re: question about battle phase   question about battle phase EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:18 am

Nivedo wrote:
ok this is also in conjuction with my other post, but firedogs effect doesnt go off in damage calculation, but in the end of damage step because of the requirement for the effect, right?

Victim of Flamvell Firedog is sent to grave at end of damage step (sub-step 7), so Flamvell Firedog will active its effect at end of damage step too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question about battle phase   question about battle phase Empty

Back to top Go down

question about battle phase
Page 1 of 1