Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGeneral Raiho of the Ice Barrier question I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Raiho of the Ice Barrier question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nivedo

Nivedo

General Raiho of the Ice Barrier question Empty
PostSubject: General Raiho of the Ice Barrier question   General Raiho of the Ice Barrier question EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 4:02 am

the effect says that when the effect of a monster resolves your opponent can discard one card or the effect is negated.

my question is does this still go off if the effect is activated during damage step, say in the case of flamevell firedog,
does it still go through making my opponent have to discard one card before searching for a monster.

another scenario would be against fabled unicore, would fabled unicore's effect to negate the effect of another monster if you have the same number of cards in your hand, be able to stop raiho.

i found another website that covers this issue but not sure how accurate it is, and here is the excerpt from the other website.

"""

Raiho can negate ANY monster effect that resolves, therefore negating all monster effects other than continuous ones. Also, because it's a continuous effect, it cannot miss the timing, since it does not start a chain. If 3 monster effects are in a chain, when the chain resolves, Raiho will try to negate all of them one by one when they resolve, starting from chain link 3.

"""

thanks in advance for any help that you can give
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: General Raiho of the Ice Barrier question   General Raiho of the Ice Barrier question EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 10:08 pm

Raiho's effect is a continuous effect that doesn't start a chain and can go off in the damage step.

this is off the wiki rulings for Unicore:
"If the effect of "The Fabled Unicore" is active and the effect of a Continuous Spell or Trap Card like "Level Limit - Area B" or "Gravity Bind" is also active, then the effect of the Spell or Trap Card will remain active and will not be negated.[1]"

the same applies to continuous monster effects, so Fabled Unicore isn't able to stop Raiho's effect.

hope this helps =b

Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: General Raiho of the Ice Barrier question   General Raiho of the Ice Barrier question EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 4:52 am

ok well what about the other scenario with raiho versus flamvell firedog? would riaho be able to stop it still?
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: General Raiho of the Ice Barrier question   General Raiho of the Ice Barrier question EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:38 am

j0hnb0i wrote:
Raiho's effect is a continuous effect that doesn't start a chain and can go off in the damage step.

flamvell firedog's effect will activate in the damage step, but when it tries to resolve Raiho's continuous effect will activate
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: General Raiho of the Ice Barrier question   General Raiho of the Ice Barrier question EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:45 am

That makes Raiho rather good then...too bad his attack isn't that great
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Raiho of the Ice Barrier question   General Raiho of the Ice Barrier question Empty

Back to top Go down

General Raiho of the Ice Barrier question
Page 1 of 1