Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLyla Question I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lyla Question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Lyla Question Empty
PostSubject: Lyla Question   Lyla Question EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 10:01 am

Hey guys, I have a question. Lyla states "You can change this attack position card to defense position to destroy 1 spell or trap card on the field. You cannot change the battle position of this card until the end of your next turn, except by a card effect." Now I've always played that "not changing the battle position until the end of your next turn" as a side effect as meaningless as Phalanx only activating "once per turn". To clarify that, I would switch it back to attack mode next turn. The way I see it, the effect is only there to keep the effect from going off more than once a turn: for example, Lyla was already on the field, you switch her to def for the effect, then since that was by an effect you could switch her to attack again and bak to def to kill something else. What does it mean by "the end of your next turn"? The end phase? You can't change battle positions in the end phase anyway. And it doesn't prohibit Book from being used so why the end of your next turn an not 2 turns from now? I ask this because someone didn't let me switch her to atk on my next turn so I could switch her to def again. Is he right or am I? I honestly don't know, nor can I find a ruling on it. And someone please explain what exactly the effect means
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Lyla Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyla Question   Lyla Question EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 10:45 am

Yes he is Right, Lyla =drawback is like Goblin attack force. The end of the next run mean that you have to waith 2 turns, but you still can swtich it with spells or traps.
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

Lyla Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyla Question   Lyla Question EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 10:50 am

He is right. If you used lyla eff during your previous turn, you would not be able to change her battle position manually until the end of your next turn. .Lyla effect can only be used manually every other turn. it would be turn one: pop one card. Turn two: cooldown turn 3: now able to manually change her battle position and use her eff again.

Hope this clarifies a little.
Back to top Go down
Shadow

Shadow

Lyla Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyla Question   Lyla Question EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 4:55 pm

Woot 8D
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000