Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeIntroduction to engines/Rescue Cat Engine I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introduction to engines/Rescue Cat Engine

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Introduction to engines/Rescue Cat Engine Empty
PostSubject: Introduction to engines/Rescue Cat Engine   Introduction to engines/Rescue Cat Engine EmptyFri May 28, 2010 7:39 am

When I was first learning how to play yugioh about 5 years ago, I though that attack points were all that mattered, and cards like blue eyes white dragon were like the holy Grail. Well, obviously, that's not true, yugioh is a very strategic game, and over the years I've found that the best decks don't just have good CARDS, they have good engines. An engine is basically a combination of cards that really runs your deck. A good deck (generally) should have an engine or 2, and the rest should be staple or optional cards. There are also mini-engines, which are basically a combination of 2 or 3 cards. I will try to periodically do articles on different engines and how they work (if I have time), starting with some synchro engines. First up is my personal favorite.... Rescue cat! First, here are the rulings made on rescue cat: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Rescue_Cat .Now here is the engine itself
  Rescue cat engine:
Rescue cat
X-saber airbellum x3
Level 2/3 beast monsters x3
This is one of the most popular synchro engines, because it is one of the best. With 1 normal summon (rescue cat), you can instantly synchro summon a level 6 or level 5 monster. The idea is to use rescue cat's effect to special summon an x-saber airbellum and a level 3 or level 2 beast from your deck, and then instantly synchro summon. The target is usually brionac or goyo, but sometimes going for a level 5 works just as well. Generally, this engine is used in it's own deck, because of the multiple targets needed to make it work. But being the base engine for the deck isn't exactly a weakness, given how good it is. A lot of other synchro engines or mini-engines go along well with it, like flamvells or gravekeepers. Here's an example of what this engine can do: First turn, set gk spy and call of the haunted. Your opponent will usually just set stuff on the first turn, so when it's your turn, flip gk spy, summon another spy, normal summon rescue cat, tribute it for an airbellum and des koala, then synch for brionac. Clear your opponent's field with brionac, THEN, play call of the haunted and bring back rescue cat, tribute him for 2 airbellums, and synch with your spys for 2 level 7s (generally arcanite magician and psychic lifetrancer) and then attack for 7100 (unless your opponent has battle fader or gorz). An alternate way of doing this would be to attack with your spies and airbellums for more damage, and you could synchro them together at main phase 2. In conclusion, the rescue cat engine is great because it's an extremely useful engine, easy to pull off (all you need to do is draw rescue cat or search it out with sangan), easy to learn how to use, and most importantly, it annoys your opponent because you killed him/her with the cutest monster in the game Razz. Not only that, but it thuns your deck extremely well, and gets cards in your graveyard, which is especially good for x-saber decks. Also, it requires no spell or traps of it's own, so you have a LOT of free space to put in cards like giant trunade or heavy storm to ensure that you won't get mirror forced. As a personal preference, i max out on the m/t removing cards, except for dust tornado. Even though it has been weakened with the limiting of rescue cat and summoner monk, it's still a force to be reckoned with.
 Best cards to use in it:
Des koala (nice eff if you draw it)
Neo-spacian dark panther (copying DAD or JD's eff... Priceless)
Xx-saber darksoul (a synchro plus a free x-saber from your deck)
Crystal beast amythyst cat
Super-nimble mega hamster
Sea koala (great effect, but at times a dead draw)
Ryko, lightsworn hunter
 Engines that are often used with it:
Flamvell
Gravekeeper's 
Summoner monk (mini)
Cyber dragon (mini)
  Other card(s) you should use (NOTE: staples not included here, but use them too):
Sangan
Giant trunade
Cold wave
Well, that's the article! I hope it helped, and if I left something out, let me know. Constructive critisism is also welcome. 

Last edited by Harper7000 on Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to engines/Rescue Cat Engine   Introduction to engines/Rescue Cat Engine EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:49 am

lol yep when i started playing it first ( not to count i would have been the greatest ygo cheater ever back than XD ) i had same thought ... lp are all that matters, i didnt knew that i could win in milling, burn ( lp but i didnt knew about burn strategies ) or chain winning ( exodia ) etc etc ... but awesome decks have cool engines

nice article btw ^^
Back to top Go down
Lucifer

Lucifer

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to engines/Rescue Cat Engine   Introduction to engines/Rescue Cat Engine EmptyFri May 28, 2010 10:32 am

5 years ago wow awesome lol we must duel then : ) i could learn a lot from you Very Happy and nice article by the way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SabreW

SabreW

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to engines/Rescue Cat Engine   Introduction to engines/Rescue Cat Engine EmptyFri May 28, 2010 5:01 pm

I'm glad my article inspired you to do this, Harper. I'm well aware that not all the engines were in my article, as I just listed the ones I knew/found out about. Hopefully you can give a better explanation on some of the engines I found as well as enlighten me on some of the engines you have that we all can use in the future.

Now about the Rescue Cat.

Yeah, that's definitely one of the best engines I've encountered. I've used it before and found that even just using the little kitty with Airbellum alone is really powerful in the engine. I've started using it in all my deck for some quick synchro backup.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to engines/Rescue Cat Engine   Introduction to engines/Rescue Cat Engine EmptyFri May 28, 2010 7:29 pm

Deathcoder: I hate to admit it, but I cheated at first too xD. Stacked my cards Smile
lucifer: yeah we should! It's not quite as impressive as you think though, I didn't duel seriously until 2 1/2 years ago or so. Bu still, if you can learn something, that's great Very Happy
sabrew: thanks for the support, and I will try to do that for you Very Happy. When we first dueled, I noticed that was something that you could work on (using engines), but I can already tell you've gotten better by looking at some of the decks you posted. You know what? We should duel soon too, especially since we're on the shadow duelists team together, we have to watch each other's back Smile
Back to top Go down
Tino The Sinner

Tino The Sinner

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to engines/Rescue Cat Engine   Introduction to engines/Rescue Cat Engine EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:27 pm

Im glad to see The Dark Scorpions have some competition
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to engines/Rescue Cat Engine   Introduction to engines/Rescue Cat Engine Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduction to engines/Rescue Cat Engine
Page 1 of 1