Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDeep Sea Diva Engine I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deep Sea Diva Engine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Deep Sea Diva Engine Empty
PostSubject: Deep Sea Diva Engine   Deep Sea Diva Engine EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 6:19 am

Next up in our series of synchro engines is the Deep Sea Diva engine. Before we go any further, let's look at the card itself:
Deep sea diva, lv: 2, attribute: water, type: sea serpent atk: 200 def: 400
"when this card is normal summoned, you can special summon 1 level 3 or lower sea serpent type card from your deck." 

Seems simple enough, right? Well, it is, but a thing about this engine as that there's a couple of different ways to run it. With any engine, you'll have some kind of variation, but it usually doesn't change much.

1. Double diva engine:
Deep sea diva x2/3
This engine is mainly for getting 2 tuners for the price of one, which works great for swarm decks like gravekeeper's and zombies. However, this can sometimes lead to dead draws when you don't need 2 tuners, so I prefer the engine that's more concrete:

2. Deep sea lv. 5
Deep sea diva x2
Spined gillman x2
The 2nd engine is more my style (maybe because it reminds me of good ol' rescue cat), so i'll sometimes run 2/3 divas and 1 gillman in a deck, even if i use the 1st engine. Really though, it just depends on what deck you're using and how much free space you have as to which works better, but both work well in their own place.

The thing I like most about this engine is that it doesn't need much space to work. Even though I think rescue cat is the best synchro engine out there, it needs at least 4 cards to work (if you only use airbellums), and 6-7 cards if it's your main engine (if you use other lv. 2/3 beasts). If you think about it though, the 2nd diva engine does the same thing as rescue cat, but with 1 less card (What makes rescue cat better is you get lv. 6s out instead of lv. 5s, but that's beside the point). But if you combo the 1st engine with a swarm deck, you can get 2 lv 6s for the price of 1. Here's a few examples:
First, a basic one. Flip your facedown gravekeeper's spy, and summon another. Normal summon diva, and summon another diva, and then synchro for 2 level 6s.
Here's another example. Your opponent attacks and destroys your pyramid turtle, and you summon another. On your turn, you activate foolish burial, and send mezuki to the grave. Remove mezuki to summon back the pyramid turtle you just lost. Summon deep sea diva, summon another from your deck, and synchro for 2 lv 6s. This can be made even better if you have burial from the different dimension in your hand/facedown, and plaguespreader zombie in your grave. You can put mezuki back with BftDD, re-remove him for another fallen zombie, revive plaguespreader zombie with his effect, and synchro for 3 monsters in a single turn. There's a bunch of other thing you can do with this card, like if you run diva in an absolute zero deck, or a zero zombie deck, or a flamvell, or a bunch of other things, but you get the idea.
   Basically, this engine is extremely versatile, doesn't take up much space, and has good synergy with some sweet decks (like absolute zero). Also, if you wantto use this engine in real life, the cards are pretty cheap... Diva is a normal rare, and spined gillman is a common. 
   Well, I hope you liked the article, and if you learned something, then I'm that much happier Smile. Feel free to ask questions or give constructive criticism about the article.
Back to top Go down
SabreW

SabreW

Deep Sea Diva Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Sea Diva Engine   Deep Sea Diva Engine EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 6:49 am

I'm beginning to see the versatility that these engines are bringing. That and I'm kicking myself for not seeing/using these sooner. Laughing
Back to top Go down

Deep Sea Diva Engine
Page 1 of 1