Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLaval Deck I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Laval Deck

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nivedo

Nivedo

Laval Deck Empty
PostSubject: Laval Deck   Laval Deck EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 5:44 am

Monsters
(19)

x3 tender of the laval volcano
x2 Lavals magma artillery( or canoneer in tcg)
x2 Laval Burner
x2 Laval Forest sprite
x2 Laval Lady of the burning lake
x2 Card Trooper
x1 Laval Miller
x1 Kayenn, the master Magma Blacksmith
x1 Flamvell Poun
x1 UFO turtle
x1 Sangan
x1 Boost Warrior

Spells
(14)

x3 Rekindling
x2 Magical Stone Excavation
x1 Dark Hole
x1 Heavy Storm
x1 MST
x1 Book of Eclipse
x1 Gold Sarcophagus
x1 Monster Reborn
x1 Hand destruction

Traps
(7)

x2 Reckless Greeds
x1 Mirror force
x1 Bottomless trap hole
x1 Blazing Dust Explosion
x1 Needle Bug Nest
x1 Return from different dimension

Extra deck

x2 Laval Twin Slayer
x1 Lavalval Dragon
x1 Lavalval Dragoon
x1 Laval Stannon
x1 Laval the Greater
x1 Formula Synchron
x1 Shooting Quasar Dragon
x1 Shooting Star Dragon
x1 Stardust Dragon
x1 Catastor
x1 Red dragon Archfiend
x1 Blackrose dragon
x1 Armory Arm
x1 Flamvell Diety

now then my main problem with the deck is that when i need rekindling i just seem to get it out. regardless of however much i mill out of my deck. and as you can see i have plenty of searchers that are easy to get and plenty of cards to help mill out my deck, yet there are times when i need rekindling and i just dont get it.

the overall goal of the deck is to go for OTK with shooting quasar. but if anyone can give me any suggestions then they would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
yangaud

yangaud

Laval Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laval Deck   Laval Deck EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 7:12 am

i would go whit 2 warning 1 solemn book of moon 2x call of the haunted 3x duality 1x avarice!

- needle bug nest, hand destruction, gold sarc, reckless greed, magical stone of excavation, bottomless

and for the monster il give u my list a lot of laval are pointless, 2x flamvell firedogs 2x burner 2x canoneer 3x coalt 1x guner 3x burning lake 3x miller 2x ryko 2x volcano

but i do go otk i just abuse the massive stunt and search of the deck Razz so do has you want i havent ben playing whit em that much to tell you exacly how to play but thats how i roll whit them hopes it helps Razz gl whit that deck =)
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

Laval Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laval Deck   Laval Deck EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 7:43 am

well when i was building the deck i was wanting to keep my play style in mind when building as well as possibility of actually building the deck in real life. the only cards im missing from the current build are most of the synchros and lavals. my play style is also a defensive style, without going into stalling. that is the main reason why i probably wont put dog into my deck only because of the fact that it would mean me playing against my style. plus i just like the idea that you can take me down to below 1000 LP and i can come back and win the duel with an OTK, which i have done several times before.

but i guess thats what is needed to know about my playstyle, and from what i have seen lavals can be defensive(ie. my build) or offensive, like i have seen/heard bout every other laval build.

and needlebug nest in my opinion is better than gunner, and the solemns, i dont like to use due to the fact that there are times when i can go for an OTK and i need to attack and kill my own monsters just to get what i need done, done.

my main goal is to be able to get the exact spell card that i need, which would be rekindling. so basically a searcher for spell cards
Back to top Go down
yangaud

yangaud

Laval Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laval Deck   Laval Deck EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 5:02 am

play gold sarc then?
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Laval Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laval Deck   Laval Deck EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:21 am

The thing you have to realize about playing defensively is that you have to have a purpose in doing so and accomplish something while being defensive. I teach martial arts so I'll explain it this way: you can be a defensive fighter in sparring and still be effective. But what that means is not that you don't attack, but that you don't go all out and recklessly attack the opponent as hard and fast as you can. Sparring defensively means that you're more careful, waiting to see your opponent's style of fighting and favorite attacks before you counter them and attack yourself. But if you wait around all day and only ever attack once, chances are you will lose. Same thing in yugioh. If all you do in this deck is hide behind monsters to set up for Rekindling and wait for Rekindling (while usually getting minused by your monsters getting killed in battle), you will lose more often. Playing defensively still means you need to be aggressive. That being said, you need more backup plans. Gorz is a staple in any deck these days pretty much. Tragoedia and even Fader are also good choices. Eliminate the cards in here that minus you with little compensation. and their place add more reliable speed, some missing staples, and better defensive traps:
-2 Magical Stone Excavation (a -2)
-2 Reckless Greed (a -1 that slows you down more often than it speeds you up)
-1 Needlebug Nest (a -1)
-1 Hand Destruction (a -1)
-1 Return (eh)
-1 book of eclipse (not very good)
-1 bth (you need staple traps first)
+1 gorz (saves ur butt)
+1 book of moon (so many uses)
+2 Pot Of Duality (speed and consistancy)
+1 Mind Control (hey man, can I borrow your BLS for a sec? Kthx)
+1 trap dustshoot (staple with Heavy back)
+1 torrential tribute (staple)
+2 solemn warning (staples)

Haven't thought extensively about your monster lineup, so consider Tengus, Tragoedia, and the Flamvell engine too. Also, if you're worried about making the deck irl, Duality is a super rare tin promo now, and Warning is a super rare promo in a special edition pack now. The rest i suggested are commons.
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

Laval Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laval Deck   Laval Deck EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:39 am

ok i had put gorz in after the test and i has saved me, but only when i drew him using reckless greed, so i wont be getting rid of them. especially when it comes down to"if only i had one or two more turn i could win" type scenarios.

that being said i did take out needlebug nest and bth for torrential and POD, and i took out eclipse for moon.

i replaced one of the Magical stones for the gorz.

here is my current build as of just now

Monsters
(20)

x3 tender of the laval volcano
x2 Lavals magma artillery( or canoneer in tcg)
x2 Laval Burner
x2 Laval Forest sprite
x2 Laval Lady of the burning lake
x2 Card Trooper
x1 Laval Miller
x1 Kayenn, the master Magma Blacksmith
x1 Flamvell Poun
x1 UFO turtle
x1 Sangan
x1 Boost Warrior
x1 Gorz

Spells