Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeTrade Thread I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trade Thread

Go down 
+2
Harper7000
Quincy99
6 posters

Should We Have A Trade Section?
Yes
Trade Thread I_vote_lcap60%Trade Thread I_vote_rcap
 60% [ 6 ]
No
Trade Thread I_vote_lcap0%Trade Thread I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Huh? Who am I?
Trade Thread I_vote_lcap40%Trade Thread I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Quincy99

Quincy99

Trade Thread Empty
PostSubject: Trade Thread   Trade Thread EmptyWed May 04, 2011 11:11 am

I noticed this suggestion in SDA and I believe that this is an interesting concept to say the least. Since we are a pretty tight knit community, I think this would be a viable idea. We would be able to trade among fellow members, I know there are a few of us based in the USA, and those located outside of the Usa. In regards to rules:

We would Create a Trade Moderator who compiles the list of all agreed and finalized trades to ensure that we are slowly able to compile a References list as we do not have a Itrader as some sites do. After the trade has been posted. Both sides will pm the trade mod and confirm the cards have been successfully picked up. This will ensure that all user get credit or successful trades. Now onto creating a successful trade envelope

Before sending you you post either youtube video or photo of Sealed envelope to the trade Mod

All cards are sent in Toploader (Google it if needed afro) 1 card per sleeve- 2 cards per toploader. Toploader must be taped shut as well as taped to envelope to ensure/ reduce potential for card to get lost/ ripped from envelope.

It is up to the Traders if Mail upgrades ( delivery confirmation, prioirty) will be utilized. Although I will HIGHLY recommend we use delivery confirmation as it Greatly reduces Mail loss as well as eases the mind of wary traders at least in the beginning o trades.

*User will have to have been active in the academy for at least 30 days. To further ensure safety

We could also Implement a middleman policy (Probably a Mod or admin) in larger scale trades where one person who will get both sides and send with delivery confirmation.

* That being said, this is merely a suggestion. I know that there are many pitfalls that can possibly happen:
Lost in mail ( by following the proper envelope sealing process, this part will be highly reduced.)
*Though highly doubtful- Person steals the others cards. But in the end, we are human, so there is always that variable.

And finally. If this does get off the ground and is implemented into DGA. I deplore you to ease into trading by doing Small trades, just to kind of get a fell as to the process as well as allow the Trade mod/Middleman to ease into his/her new role. There is absolutley no reason for the 1st trade here to be someone's Trishula or someones elses Scrap dragon and $15. Lets work our way up that that tier of trades. So i would say that we have a $5 trade value minumin, no need to be trading commons, lets be serious people lol!
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Trade Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Thread   Trade Thread EmptyWed May 04, 2011 1:03 pm

Like the idea. I don't think a YouTube video or photo will be necessary though. Also another thing that should be inthe rules is that DGA is NOT responsible for anything that may happen to your cards or trading. The admins of DGA will do our best to make sure you are treated fairly but it is not our fault if something goes wrong. That being said, I say yes. Other staff? What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

Trade Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Thread   Trade Thread EmptyWed May 04, 2011 1:16 pm

like harper said, we will not be held responsible if u get into some trouble, other then that ok and I will not take this up, have no irl cards so would not know if the trades are fair Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
Quincy99

Quincy99

Trade Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Thread   Trade Thread EmptyWed May 04, 2011 1:22 pm

I completely acknowledge/understand that DGA will not be held responsible. Like i said, i'm not expecting someone to trade away high value cards over the interwebs, but smaller cards that they may deem useless like a super relinquished could prove useful to someone else.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Trade Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Thread   Trade Thread EmptyThu May 05, 2011 2:08 pm

Hope u don't mind quince, I added a poll. Tell us what u think dga
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

Trade Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Thread   Trade Thread EmptyThu May 05, 2011 2:53 pm

sounds like an ok idea to me. and if we can't find someone i guess i could moderate the trades. =b
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Trade Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Thread   Trade Thread EmptyThu May 05, 2011 4:36 pm

If who am I wins this poll there's gonna be a party in my room XDD
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

Trade Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Thread   Trade Thread EmptyFri May 06, 2011 12:26 pm

Thats fine Harper that you added a poll. Although this "huh who am I" may end up winning the poll. lol!
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Trade Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Thread   Trade Thread EmptyFri May 06, 2011 12:39 pm

I vote YES ! But if someone try to hustle me I will break your two legs and make you grow a third leg to break it out too !!!!!!!! XD
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Trade Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Thread   Trade Thread EmptyFri May 06, 2011 12:47 pm

And then I will break their arm xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trade Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Thread   Trade Thread Empty