Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDont be an average Noob  I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dont be an average Noob

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

Dont be an average Noob  Empty
PostSubject: Dont be an average Noob    Dont be an average Noob  EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 2:16 am

... yeah i said it
this game if full of noobs , actually i started as a noob myself and everytime we take another deck that havent play againts or with we are noobs

now like a some not all of you notice i have a little conflict about people PIcking on other because the use of META decks. imo this decks they all started as noob decks , or rogue decks
Gladiator beast was an underdog when paul levitin won back in 2007
Lightsworns were 2 formats when they won something decent
Blackwings were played with Dark Nephyst at the very beggining
X sabers were used only for the 1 turn total Hand disruption combo and even some guys used mass driver to otk
but thanks to konami and some awesome deck builders they got to be the TITANS of the formats
even Quickdraw started as FUDO YUSEI deck

Yeah so all of those deck builders and some of them awesome players like LEvitin with Glads , jeff jones with Quickdraw even Corn with Cornarch were using a rogue deck when they shaked the format

so my question is
WTH!!! i keep seeing so many Theme decks being build as Garbage

OH MY GOD IM USING RAINBOW DRAGON ON MY CRYSTAL BEAST CUZ ITS THE MOSSST BEUTIGAY BOSS MOSNTER I SAW cmon!!!!!
Scorp on of the first decks he duel me was my Crystal beast , and as my playsyle is , im going all out , yeah a lot of speed with 3 crystal abundance

i have seen , volcanics trying to summon Volcanic Doom i dont know what
and also Volcanics using as antimeta focusing on the high atk beaters and animetaish plays ( that word again )

So please everytime you have that instinc to make a theme deck dont focus on losing!!!!

in order to show my point im gonna post an INCA deck i have work on for about half a day . notice inca theme deck is not really that competitive SOOO FOR SOME GUYS THAT SUPPORT THE NOT META DECKS THEME BITE THIS ONE

Inca Deck Latino World Order Version

Monsters 19
Dark Armed Dragon = Cuz the deck can use it .. self explanatory
Chaos sorcerer x2 = Self Explanatory a lot of darks an some Xtra lights
Vice Dragon x2 = helps with theme and easy synchro also fooder
Breaker the magical warrior x3 = gets at least 1 backrow for hhis destruction
Oracle of the sun = Theme Card and searcher
Fire Ant Ascator x3 = Theme Card and Main tuner
Supay = Theme Card
Glow up bulb
Kinka Byo x2 = supay and bulb abuse
Level Eater / effect veiler = i like both cards but depends on playstyle
Sangan = self explanatory
morphing jar = love it

spells 13
Instant Fusion x3 = easy synchroing and fooders
Allure of Darkness = 11 targets
Mind Control = 5 tuners
Pot of Duality x2 = needed some speed
Pot of Avarice = easy to use here
MST x2 = self explanatory
Dark hole = staple
Monster Reborn = Staple
One for one = cuz i like it

Traps 8
Deck Devastation Virus = easy 5 potential targets
Seven tools of bandit
Mirror force
Torrential tribute
Solem judgement
solem warning x2
Call of the Haunted

Xtra deck
Musician king x2
Reaper on the nightmare
Arcanite Magician x2
Formula synchron x2
Moon Dragon Quilla
Sun Dragon Inti
Stardust Dragon
thought Ruler Archfiend
Blackrose Dragon
Brionac Dragon
AOJ Catastor
Dark End Dragon

1 -Well basically the deck CAN do the Sun/Moon Loop and i included them BECAUSE IF A NOOB ... sorry Creative deck but can easily be replaced by any other synchro
2 the Ruler Archfiend is there because of the heavy paying cards i decided to use
3 Chaos Sorcerer has only 1 target in main deck but the instant fusions, arcanite , formula synchron , inti , ... a lot of light
4 Reaper on the nightmare can be reborn, target for Dark end dragon requirements, fooder , can be revived by Ascator eff to last a whole battle phase
with breaker , oracle and sorcerer i can do easily an Arcanite Magician
5 DDV has at least 5 potenntial Targets even Vice Dragon after being brought back by Ascator effect can be used,
6 level eater helps manipulate synchro levels

the deck is desing to splash synchros , and make some control

in other words i made a Semi decent deck out of a one shot theme
Next time you have that urge to create a new deck , DO IT just dont build it to lose do hybrids , make variants , play test a lot and have fun. i have fun when i win

this is a really small tip article and my honest opinion about recent topics
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Dont be an average Noob    Dont be an average Noob  EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 12:34 pm

Nice article Nero. your kinda being rude to some players, but I agree that sometimes you need to act rude to make people understand what they are doing wrong. Its an interesting build oyu have their. The only thing I will suggest is to cut on 1 of those instand fusion to have another space in the extra deck and I think that 2 are enough.

Keep up the good work Smile
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Dont be an average Noob    Dont be an average Noob  EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 8:32 am

Nice article Nero, keeps teaching those noobs a lesson Razz
+1 rep for don't build decks to lose
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: Dont be an average Noob    Dont be an average Noob  EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:13 am

seems interesting, I will try out this deck some time Very Happy

have u thought about cyber dragon here? sp summoned/light/lvl 5/good vs machines for chimeratech

ruler for scrap dragon? but if u like it leave it

might as well test out a shooting for the fun Very Happy

a trishula just in case?

EDIT: just tested out your original version and made an OTK on my second turn O.O

EDIT2: tested shooting in this and it helps a lot, combos with formula and such, did OTK again by summoning shooting, chaos and sd in 1 turn Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: Dont be an average Noob    Dont be an average Noob  EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 1:30 pm

thanks for all the replies ,
vongola , yeah i know you can use better synchros i just put the ones i put in because i wanted to show how u can stick with a theme deck without forfully suck . but thanks for testing my build and also sure feel free to change whatever aspect u want , i really appreciate when yall use my decklists
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Dont be an average Noob    Dont be an average Noob  EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 7:13 am

Good article as always Nero.
"i have seen , volcanics trying to summon Volcanic Doom i dont know what
and also Volcanics using as antimeta focusing on the high atk beaters and animetaish plays ( that word again )
So please everytime you have that instinc to make a theme deck dont focus on losing!!!!"

this is truth. So many decks COULD be competitive if people would 1. Give them a try and 2. Not use the crappy anime boss monster for their deck. Just because unique decks are harder to make doesn't mean they're bad. Blackwings are autopilot...add 3 of the best bw, add staples, add the best bw support...oh look, I only have 2 slots left to worry about! For some unique decks, you may need two or three engines/archtypes to make it competitive but it can still be competitive! I've been using Flamvells recently and tbh, meta doesn't stand a chance xD. Screw meta, the only thing that's given me trouble with my "tier 2" deck is Light Beat...but light beat is gay so w/e (sorry vongy and scorp and shock and Andrew Razz). Nice deck too. I tried out Inca last format, but I used a light base instead of dark. Apotaquils took the place of Breakers, Cydras took the place of Vice, and Honests backed up my monsters. But now with Honest at 1...bleh. I may take your approach. I'll tell you my thoughts when I test it Very Happy
Ps: +1 rep for you

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Dont be an average Noob    Dont be an average Noob  EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 1:01 pm

Hey next time you insult light beat I ban you for a week Harper. + 1 week that vongy will give you so thats 2 WEEKS XD

Looks like Nero is inspiring people to write about this So I wana add something too if you dont mind Nero Smile

One of the best exemples I can give you about constructing noob decks is this one. If your building a Machina deck and your main purpose is to sumon Machina force, your taking the Damn Wrong Path. Like Harpers said, Lets go back to Basics

Think about this. What is this archtype good for. Which are the main monsters in it. HOW MANY CARDS DO THE ENGINE TAKES (Very Important). Wich is the gameplay of this deck ( Agreesive, Control, Passive, OTK ) thos are the things you needx to dehck befrer you add the backup to the deck. If you see their strong points, then you will know wich techs you will need to back them up.

Lets take the Machina Exemple again. Wich are the main monsters ( GEARFRAME and FORTRESS ) is their boss good ( YES BUT NOT SUMONABLE ) What is that Monster good for ( HE IS A SEARCHABLE MONSTER REBORN ) Oh ! Now we touched a Point. Machinas have a Searchable Monster reborn Wink. So you count those cards and taht makes 6 cards for the main monsters and 1 or 2 ( Players preference ) of the machina force

What is the main aspect of the archtype ( Hand Advantage and Speed ) those caracteristics mean that the deck is AGRO now at this point you will chooose to back him up with Fast Techs Like (Psychic engine For Teleport) (Plant Engines For Blossom, Bulb, Spore and Dandy ) ( Zombies For Swarming Ability ) ( Jinzo for Swarm, control and OTK )

Control techs ( Gadgets for more hand advantage ) ( Scraps For Field Control ) ( Spellcasters for field presence, synchros and backrow clearing )

You consider all the choices that you think that matches your play style and that you thnk that are consistent with the deck type, you test them out and you will see what is working and what is not. When you see that your tech is not working, even if you love that tech you put in YOU HAVE TO TAKE IT OUT CUZ IT IS NOT WORKING. Like mty homie Nero Said "" DONT FOCUS ON LOOSING'' XD Epic Sentence Smile

3rd thing you can do is check out the attributes your deck and include techs that matches those or that attribute IF YOU HAVE THE SPACE

Chaos Sorcerer
DAD
Naturia Beast
Naturia Barkion
Cyber Dragon
Honest
Krystia

Wont enter in more details cuz I think you got the point And Nero explained it very well

4th thing and the most important. THE STAPLES. you can do this step at 1st or at last its up to you. I prefer to do it at last for 1 reason. When I do it at last and I dont find space for my staples it shows me 1 thing. I HAVE BEEN TO GREEDY ON MY TECHS SO I NEED TO COME BACK AT BASICS !!!!!! Find space for your staples and take out the things that are not working Wink

Man we shoul write an articles like with the wholw article crew Smile we are doing a greath job Razz

THX Nero for inspring me with that article Smile

Last edited by Scorpion67 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: Dont be an average Noob    Dont be an average Noob  EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 7:35 pm

wow , thanks for all these replies , is good to see that hate article causes a good impression also
harper thanks for the +1 rep i dont know if it was u or frost whoever was it thanks a lot for it
Scorp thanks for your attatched comment and yeah we should make an article all together
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dont be an average Noob    Dont be an average Noob  Empty

Back to top Go down

Dont be an average Noob
Page 1 of 1