Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Rebirth of DGA I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Rebirth of DGA

Go down 
+4
LegendaryFrost
TheRuler
j0hnb0i
Harper7000
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

The Rebirth of DGA Empty
PostSubject: The Rebirth of DGA   The Rebirth of DGA EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 10:23 am

Okay boys, it's time to buckle down. It's been fun for me the last few months in DGA, as it always is, but let's be honest: we're not as active as we used to be. Not by a long shot. But we CAN be! We have amazing duelists here! We have knowlegable people to write articles! We have a few active members! So let's brainstorm here: how are we going to make this academy the coolest an most active place ever? I personally have lots of ideas, but first we need to address the main problem: the lack of members. We can add a bunch of sections of cool stuff but we need bring more people in or they won't be used. So the solution? ADVERTISE! ADVERTISE! Oh, and ADVERTISE! Tell your friends! Tell your family! Tell your teacher! Tell your friends' friends! Tell your dog! Tell people in other academies! Tell random people on KC! I think a good way to do this is to ask our affiliates (SDA and ADA) if it would be okay to advertise there. Then, let's bump our advertising thread on KC and EVERYONE that's still active here should post their opinion of DGA (hopefully it's GOOD feedback Razz). And finally, I think we need a big gimmick. Imagine this...a YCS. A gigantic one that would include any person from any academy and anyone on KCTAU...but instead of it being held in KCTAU, we would hold it here in DGA Very Happy. THEN all of my ideas (and other people's cool ideas) can be implemented and everyone will want to stay. What do you guys think about that? Many of our admins (me Vongola Scorp and Supreme) are members of IL, and we're known to be a pretty good team, so I think we could attract something like this with our rep. But we'd need to post on TAU and all active academies: DA, DAD, SDA, ADA, TWA, TDA, all of them. This would be something like DJD did a long time ago with his World cup thingy with TDA, SDA, and DGA, but include even more people. Hopefully we can get the rest of IL to be active here too.

And finally, my ideas for making the academy cooler:
1. An active article team. As I mentioned before, we have some people who are very knowlegable in yugioh and good at explaining cards and deck ideas, most notably Nero and Scorpion. They have been pretty active even when the academy isn't as active and are responsible for a lot of the activity we do have, so props to you and thanks Very Happy. But imagine now that we had them AND 4 other guys as good as them that always posted articles! That would be great! I would be willing to do that, and I think some people here and in SDA would too. And new members that we may get also! I think it's time we made the teacher rank mean something. When the article team DoES write something, they will be awarded with a good amount of DGA points. And also we should make more shops and more uses in general for DGA points so the teachers (and everyone else) has a good use for them. I need more ideas about what to spend them on though
2. A news writing staff. This would perhaps be only for when we get a boatload of people, but it's a good idea. We can have people write about what's going on in DGA and in the dueling world, and for the YCS they can write deck profiles for people that are doing well just like the Konami website for real YCS's. This staff could also be the ones mainly responsible for advertising in other places such as Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, KC, KCTAU, other academies, etc.
3. A bounty hunter section. Credit for this idea goes to TDA. It's a cool idea: put a bounty on certain members' heads and if people get to them first and beat them, they get the prize. However, we need a lot more people for this to do anything really. Otherwise it will be the same people over and over again and even when/if we do get more people, people
will forget about the section and not use it
4. Assigning new dorm leaders. I mentioned this before and was met with great enthusiasm, but as Supreme pointed out, we need more people before we decide who the leaders will be. Again, we need to advertise a LOT, get a gimmick like my YCS idea, or both preferably
5. Posting games. Spam! *cringes*. Okay, I know as an admin I should not promote spam, and I'm not, nor do I like spam, but a few posting games would improve the forum's activity and at the very least just give people an excuse to pop in DGA and look at other topics as well. And let's not forget posting games are fun and sometimes hysterical xD.
6. More non-yugioh topics. This is a yugioh forum blah blah, we love card games blah blah, why should we talk about other things, blah blah. But seriously, the idea of this is to make people see DGA as their home and not just a place where they talk about card games. I would like members to see DGA more like Facebook: a place where you can chat with people, see how your friends are doing, listen to music, talk about sports and music and such, and also have fun playing and discussing children's card games. I do NOT want it to be a generic forum, I want the focus to still be yugioh, but adding these things would help activity and they're quite fun. In general I mean to make more topics about such things but we could also do it with more weekly competitions like song/artist/album of the week, or movie of the month/week, stuff like that.
7. Post more duel videos. Make the video section like a Netflix for yugioh. Let's record videos of members who are dueling in wars, or fun duels that are cool and were epic, or hilarious decks in action (such as a Self-Destruct Button deck like my irl friend has. It's hilarious Very Happy). We should also make a Youtube account for DGA. The idea is to make DGA EVERYWHERE: Youtube, Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, KC forums, everywhere we can THINK of. Let's make people see being a DGA member as a way of life. Also, just post funny videos and random stuff that we see in YouTube in this section. Be more active!

I hope these ideas work, and I will post more ideas as I think of them...but I alone cannot keep this academy active. YOU, as our everyday members can though! It doesn't matter that I'm an administrator, you allare just as important as me. Your activeness can make this academy shine as much as it once did...maybe even more than it used to! So be active! Advertise! Tell
me what you think of my ideas! And post your own ideas here! We need to brainstorm together, even if you think it's a silly idea, post away!

Sincerely,
~Harper7000~
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

The Rebirth of DGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth of DGA   The Rebirth of DGA EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 12:36 pm

this has inspired me to help make DGA a great academy harper =,]

i was actually just a random that played scorp a long time ago. and after i played him he asked me to join DUA. good times....

i remember, at DUA, we had a thread where you posted if you recruited someone. and if you recruited enough people then the admins would give you some points. maybe if we fine more things to use points on then more people will join and try to get even more people to join so that they can get more points.

if i come up with more stuff i'll let you guys know =D
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

The Rebirth of DGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth of DGA   The Rebirth of DGA EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 3:34 am

I agree, these should totally be done Very Happy

and btw, to stop "spamming" in the forum games, you could make it so that your post count won't rise when you post in category with the forum games maybe? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

The Rebirth of DGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth of DGA   The Rebirth of DGA EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 3:35 am

Hmmmmm, I've been having an idea that could increase inactivity but I thought we already had too many yu-gi-oh related activities, but I will now say it. A "Beat this Scenario" section. I first saw it while reading JUMP, give a yugioh case where you must beat the opponent in one turn[or 2 turns, or any given situation]. So just throwin it out there.
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

The Rebirth of DGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth of DGA   The Rebirth of DGA EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 3:54 am

Dude first of all thanks for the compliment and now imo your speech; this one is damn the coolest and most inspiring one i have read in a very long time!!!

so whatever you plan is , count me in
Back to top Go down
SabreW

SabreW

The Rebirth of DGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth of DGA   The Rebirth of DGA EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:22 am

In the name of all that is good and scared, these plans MUST go underway, and I will go to hell and back to help and make sure they do. (Though I really don't want to have to got to hell, though -_-; )
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

The Rebirth of DGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth of DGA   The Rebirth of DGA EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:03 pm

Thx harper for this awsome motivation Smile I think you motivated everyone in here XD and thx for thre probs Very Happy
I will continue making my techs of the weeks, Deck profiles and probably start some real life dueling videos Smile Hope you will like whats coming guys Smile

I will also start a teachers crew. Nero is helping me al ot ( Thx Bro )but imagine if we had 3 more teachers. This would be insane XD I just need some time to put all in place.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

The Rebirth of DGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth of DGA   The Rebirth of DGA EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 6:08 am

John: that's an excellent idea, I'm glad you thought of it. That will for sure be one of our new sections. I also need you to be active to as an admin so we can make DGA the best academy ever together. I am willing to work hard and I hope you are too Smile
TheRuler: that's a nice thought but I don't think you can do something like that on forumotion. And I don't know how if you can. Maybe we should just limit the amount of posting games or make it so admins or mods have to approve first
LegendaryFrost: that's also an excellent idea, the "duel puzzles" are some of my favorite parts of the yugioh video games. All we need is a staff member who is willing todo this on a regular basis. Also, I spoke to Vongola and he is okay with me appointing new staff too. If you will be really active at your job, I may make you a mod or admin (I will make a separate topic for you to post your resume)
Nero: you're quite welcome, thank YOU for being active Smile. I'm glad I inspired you. What I need you to do is still write a ton of articles. I appreciate the time you put into it and the final product has been very helpful. And just keep doing hat you're doing: being really active in the forum. Also, if you want to and feel you have enough time I might consider making you a mod or admin to help run the many new sections.
Sabre: great! I hope you will help by being active and bringing more people in. And also see the above about the staff
Scorp: you're welcome Very Happy. Yeah you and Nero are doing a great job but it would be awesome if we had even more people doing that. we need to find some active and knowledgable people to write articles. Depending how busy I become with running other sections, I may be able to be on the article team.

Okay guys, now that we're all motivated, let's do this! Invite everyone you can think of and post away on the forum. Vongola has approved the YCS idea, so we will begin that soon. I will not be able to run it until next week (spring break) but it's a great time to advertise it. I will post a message in SDA, DAD, ADA, TDA, TWA, KCTAU, and DA. I know I missed some academies, so help me remember them Very Happy. Tell people about it on hamachi too. And also, Scorp or Vongola, can you show me sometime how to fully operate the admin panel on the "tv"? I've figured out a lot of it, but still, I'm a little inexperienced on the technical part of being an admin of a forum. Keep the ideas coming!
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

The Rebirth of DGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth of DGA   The Rebirth of DGA EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:57 am

Nice, this is gonna "reactivate" DGA, plus I can be active almost anytime(bcuz of school exams) I will notify if I can't be active, so pm me on whatever you need me to do, be happy to help. lol!
P.S. I actually just want any part in the "Beat this Scenario" if it happens.
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

The Rebirth of DGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth of DGA   The Rebirth of DGA EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 11:03 am

thanks man i would really like to be an admin
XD
i will post a new article hopefully during this week after my pharmacology test on thursday
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

The Rebirth of DGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth of DGA   The Rebirth of DGA EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 2:18 am

I know how to do it Razz but it would be a loong process, so maybe we don't need that .D
Back to top Go down
Supreme_King

Supreme_King

The Rebirth of DGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth of DGA   The Rebirth of DGA EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:41 am

Harper7000 wrote:
TheRuler: that's a nice thought but I don't think you can do something like that on forumotion. And I don't know how if you can. Maybe we should just limit the amount of posting games or make it so admins or mods have to approve first.
Or even better, approval required for new posting games, but make a rule that you have to post only after at least 3 or more people posted after you.
Harper7000 wrote:

LegendaryFrost: that's also an excellent idea, the "duel puzzles" are some of my favorite parts of the yugioh video games. All we need is a staff member who is willing todo this on a regular basis.
I could try to do that, it should be fun Very Happy
Harper7000 wrote:

Scorp: you're welcome Very Happy. Yeah you and Nero are doing a great job but it would be awesome if we had even more people doing that. we need to find some active and knowledgable people to write articles. Depending how busy I become with running other sections, I may be able to be on the article team.
Same for me.
Harper7000 wrote:
And also, Scorp or Vongola, can you show me sometime how to fully operate the admin panel on the "tv"? I've figured out a lot of it, but still, I'm a little inexperienced on the technical part of being an admin of a forum. Keep the ideas coming!
I could help you with that, I administrate 3 forums at the moment, so I should make a pretty decent teacher for you.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

The Rebirth of DGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth of DGA   The Rebirth of DGA EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 6:36 am

Cool, I didnt knew people actualy had interested to enter in the Articles team Smile. Well I was actualy going to enter Tinycrash in the Article team ( he is already colaborating with me for my articles ) and If You harper and SK enter too that will be 5 Members and that was exactly the number I was looking for Smile. If you can start this week that will be greath.

I Will PM you guys my next articles and techs of the weeks so we wont write about the same techs and I will make a List of things I want to team to write about but you can write about wathever you want too. Well I guess we will talk on ham later Wink
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

The Rebirth of DGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth of DGA   The Rebirth of DGA EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 12:20 pm

so is gonna be an article team?

can i know the members maybe we can add us on facebook or msn or skype to plan some kinda weekly article each one like
member 1 artcile due mondays
member 2 article due tuesdays and so on
so every single day we could have an article to read , be as active as possible and maybe just maybe improve everyones game

Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

The Rebirth of DGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth of DGA   The Rebirth of DGA EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:38 pm

Ywah I had the same Idea as you Nero XD. I will probably create a special ham for the article team where we can discuss about what are w egoing to write about and we can also make articles wrote by all of use '' Like Big Bad Ass Advanced Dueling Articles'' Smile

I will start writing a list about what we should write about. I will talk to you saturday morning if your online nero, we should talk bout this. I will send some PM's to harper and SK about this too. Lets do serious buisness Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Rebirth of DGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth of DGA   The Rebirth of DGA Empty

Back to top Go down

The Rebirth of DGA
Page 1 of 1