Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMagical Exemplar I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Magical Exemplar

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheRuler

TheRuler

Magical Exemplar Empty
PostSubject: Magical Exemplar   Magical Exemplar EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 1:50 am

I thought I could try to make an article too ^^

Magical Exemplar MagicalExemplarSDSC-EN-C-1E

Effect: Each time a Spell Card is activated, place 2 Spell Counters on this card. Once per turn, you can remove any number of Spell Counters from this card to Special Summon a Spellcaster-Type monster from your hand or Graveyard whose Level is equal to the number of Spell Counters you removed.

Magic Exemplar is good card to use in many decks that have many spell cards, and are focused to summon a high level monster (like, every deck). It's good card to go with Toon table of contents, you can get a toon spell card from your deck to your hand, and boost magical examplar by 2 spell counters, and use the toon spell card, to boost her again.

You can also send high level cards to the graveyard with cards, ex. Foolish Burial, and then summon them back to your field with Magical Exemplar, and she also gets counters from Foolish Burial.

This card can be boosted with Pitch-Black Power Stone easily too. The card is good in Endymion decks, you can play magical citadel of endymion, (2 counters) and after you activate spell cards, you get 2 counters to Exemplar, and 1 on citadel. So when you're trying to summon Endymion, the master magician, you can easily take off counters from both cards.

Disenchanter works perfectly with this card. If you play ANY continues spell card, you can with Disenchanter's effect, remove 1 counter from Examplar, and take back the continues spell to your hand, and then activate it agains, so you'll get 1 extra spell counter for nothing!

You can also use this card with Star Blast, to easily summon high-level monsters!

That's all from this card, it's very good, I think it should be added in every deck that has many spell cards, Card Rating: 9/10!

Discuss!
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Magical Exemplar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magical Exemplar   Magical Exemplar EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 3:20 am

I agree it is often overlooked, but yet I don't believe it should be in every deck w/ a lot of spell cards. Notice it says you can special summon only SPELLCASTER monsters, which means that in a lot of decks it would just sit tere and grow counters, so I give the card 6/10. Nice article though, I'd like to see more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

Magical Exemplar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magical Exemplar   Magical Exemplar EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 6:28 am

i made a deck around this card IRL and it was really funny haha
i used nights end sorcerer (level 2 spellcaster tuner) and then a couple spell cards and other spellcasters to use and abuse nights end's effect (when he's special summoned from the grave remove 2 cards from your opponent's grave) and to swarm synchro monsters haha
it was a pretty ok deck. someone else should try making it. (someone else might be able to make a better build than mine haha)
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

Magical Exemplar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magical Exemplar   Magical Exemplar EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 5:47 am

Agree with you that she is a staple in most spellcaster sychro decks as it combos well with night's end and become especially deadly in citadel build, as well as combination with defender the magical knight Overall a 8/10 as it has decent stats but sadly is an earth type so no chaos sorc food.
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

Magical Exemplar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magical Exemplar   Magical Exemplar EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 11:09 pm

She is a beast in spellcaster decks and can be used to stack counters to be used with Tempest Magician for a OTK ( Tempest Magician is kinda hot as well btw; just thought I would throw that out there Razz )

Spellcounter decks are not half bad if built right...just with Kc their an annoyance for you and your opponent as there is no real way to keep track of counters without losing count or forgetting how many are on which card :S
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Magical Exemplar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magical Exemplar   Magical Exemplar Empty

Back to top Go down

Magical Exemplar
Page 1 of 1