Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homeabout Magical Citadel I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

about Magical Citadel

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheRuler

TheRuler

about Magical Citadel Empty
PostSubject: about Magical Citadel   about Magical Citadel EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:10 pm

If my opponent has a counter on it, and I activate another Field spell, can they remove the counter and negate the destruction? and what will happen then? XD
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: about Magical Citadel   about Magical Citadel EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:31 pm

no they can't remove the counter to protect it
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: about Magical Citadel   about Magical Citadel EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 7:39 pm

Just look up the rulings in ygo wikia, that's what I found there:

"You can only apply the effect "If this card would be destroyed, you can remove 1 Spell Counter from this card instead." of "Magical Citadel of Endymion" when "Magical Citadel of Endymion" would be destroyed by a card effect. You cannot apply this effect when you control "Magical Citadel of Endymion" and your opponent activates a new Field Spell Card.[11]"
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: about Magical Citadel   about Magical Citadel EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 12:44 am

Great, so I left the duel for a reson! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: about Magical Citadel   about Magical Citadel EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:15 am

i just looked on wikia and it says that if there is already a field spell card on the field and a second one is played, the first one is destroyed. so wouldn't that activate citadels effect?
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: about Magical Citadel   about Magical Citadel EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:20 am

it is destroyed not by an effect, but by game mechanics and nothing can negate the game mechanics, and I already posted the ruling -.-
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: about Magical Citadel   about Magical Citadel EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:37 am

well i didn't know if wikia was correct or not, cuz the other possibility is that it is sent to the graveyard. only reason why i asked
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: about Magical Citadel   about Magical Citadel EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 9:05 am

game mechanics FTW
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: about Magical Citadel   about Magical Citadel EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 2:03 pm

ok i am going to bring this topic back from the dead only to ask one question. someone i know, who is a level 2 judge, said that if your opponent plays a field spell card while citadel is on the field, and you chain MST to the opponents field spell, would that keep citadel from being destroyed?
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: about Magical Citadel   about Magical Citadel EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 2:34 pm

the moment the field card is activated, unless its negated by a counter trap/monster effect'ie Nat beast.. It would remove the citadel. At least thats what i think Very Happy
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: about Magical Citadel   about Magical Citadel EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 3:00 pm

first of all there's no such thing as a level 2 judge. the only official term right now is being RC-1 certified aka "a level 1 judge".

and your friend was correct. that is true for all field spells, not just citadel. if you have a field spell out and your opponent plays his/her field spell, then the activation of your opponent's field spell has to resolve for yours to be destroyed by game mechanics. so chaining MST to the activation destroys the field spell and thus prevents it from resolving (since field/continuous cards must remain on the field to resolve).
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: about Magical Citadel   about Magical Citadel EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 3:12 pm

ok, and about the level 2 thing, that is just what i remember it being referred to as where someone must be referred by in order to take the test, but that is another subject entirely.

i just wanted to make sure about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: about Magical Citadel   about Magical Citadel Empty

Back to top Go down

about Magical Citadel
Page 1 of 1