Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHow to write an article I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to write an article

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheRuler

TheRuler

How to write an article Empty
PostSubject: How to write an article   How to write an article EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 3:18 am

Day One
Pick your topic, and decide how you want to approach it.
Are you going to write on:
A Decktype and/or Building a deck?
A specific Card, and its support?
Specific Rulings, or Situations?
Metagame?

Day Two
After you've had some time to figure out what you want to do, and how you're going to do it, now you need to focus on what you're going to use as material.
www.netrep.net can give you the data on cards that you need.
www.pojo.com can give you insight with their card of the day section.

Other Forums can answer questions you might have, one of my personal favorites being the City Of Gamers.

Also, make sure to check with UpperDeck Entertainment for information, such as Banlists and the like.

Day Three
So now you have a bunch of Raw Data. It's time to Organize!!! This will help you to see your information as a whole, and not just a bunch of random nonsense. It really helps if you have MS Office Excel, or some other spreadsheet program that lets you sort data.

Find your better options and things that make you say, "That's neat!" or, "I like that" and try to touch on those in your article.

Make sure your data is correct.

Familiarize yourself with the data as much as possible.

Day Four
Now it's time to write. You know what you want to write about, you know how you're going to write it, and you are familiar with the information that you are going to write about. So' Get writing!!

It's best to use some kind of Document Editor. So open up your MS Word, Wordpad, Notepad, or whatever you have, and be sure to save it. No one likes to have their work suddenly disappear.

When you're done, make sure to spell check. If you don't have a spell check feature, you can visit http://www.spellcheck.net/, just copy and paste, and it does the rest.

Day Five
You probably have already proofread your article over and over again, and that's a good thing, but it's always a good idea to allow some time to pass for you to re-proofread your article. Time allows your brain to settle, and helps you to see things from another perspective.

Also, at this time you should begin trying to customize your article a bit. By using the BCC tags to bold, underline, and imbed pictures, you can make sure to leave a lasting impression on your readers, as well as attract their attention from the very start.

After all, this is what an Article is all about, right???

And thus concludes my Article on how to write articles.
This is by no means the "correct" way to do it; by that I mean, you can spend as much time as you want on any step, or you can skip a step, or add your own steps, or even combine them, this is my own personal method, and I've found that when you give yourself at least 5 days to work on an article, it really helps.

THANKS TO KRISHNA FOR MAKING THIS, ALL CREDIT GOES TO HIM
Back to top Go down

How to write an article
Page 1 of 1