Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeNumber 101 Silent Honor ARK (or Silent Honors ARK Knight or S-H-A-R-K or Sharknight or whatever....) I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Number 101 Silent Honor ARK (or Silent Honors ARK Knight or S-H-A-R-K or Sharknight or whatever....)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoUserName
NoUserName

Number 101 Silent Honor ARK (or Silent Honors ARK Knight or S-H-A-R-K or Sharknight or whatever....) Empty
PostSubject: Number 101 Silent Honor ARK (or Silent Honors ARK Knight or S-H-A-R-K or Sharknight or whatever....)   Number 101 Silent Honor ARK (or Silent Honors ARK Knight or S-H-A-R-K or Sharknight or whatever....) EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 10:07 am

When this card was released, I wasn't hearing much about it. The prices people put it at were fair, but not as tremendous as Evilswarm Exciton Knight (by the way, I really don't like that card). In my honest opinion, this card should be worth more than Exciton Knight and I'm waiting for people to realize this. This card happens to have come out in LVAL in conjunction with Exciton Knight and is oddly named Number 101: Silent Honor ARK (or Silent Honors ARKnight or S-H-A-R-K or Sharknight or whatever....).

This cards stats and abilities are as follows:

Spoiler:

Types: Aqua/Xyz/Effect
Rank: 4 Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
ATK/DEF: 2100/1000

2 Level 4 monsters
You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card, then target 1 Special Summoned monster your opponent controls in face-up Attack Position; attach it to this card as a face-up Xyz Material. You can only use this effect of "Number 101: Silent Honor ARK" once per turn. If this face-up card would be destroyed, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card instead.

The reason this card is good is basically this: it steals your opponent's monsters. Much like the hated card Big Eye during the Dragon Ruler (E. Dragon) metagame, This card will much likely be doing the same thing and receiving similar hatred. What's nice, though, is that this card is generic and that's something that Big Eye and Dracossack were commended for (at least by the people who could afford them).

Same thing with Exciton Knight and S.H.A.R.K. Both of these guys are generic so if you get your hands on one then your deck is likely a candidate to make this, especially since the rank is only 4. What puts S.H.A.R.K. on the top of the totem pole for me is that it does what I wished Relinquished back in the day could do: use the stolen monster to protect itself from battle AND destruction by card effects. When I played Reliquished Decks back in the day, MST was at 1 on the forbidden and limited list. I had a VERY hard time getting around things like Sakaretsu Armor or Raigeki Break. But nowadays, there are even more threats like Mirror Force (which is at 2) and Dark Hole. Relinquished can't handle all the backrow...... but S.H.A.R.K. for the most part can. With the exception of Compulsory Evacuation Device, Dimensional Prison, and Solemn Warning, this card isn't very afraid to go in and ruin your opponent's day by taking that Star Eater or Dracossack they tried so hard to make.

The downsides of this card are not many, but still notable. For instance, this card can't steal monsters that weren't special summoned. So unless that Fire Fist player makes Horse Prince or Tiger King, you probably won't be stealing much from them. On top of that, if the monster IS special summoned then it has to be in face up attack position. So monsters that are usually summoned in defense like Maestroke the Symphony Djinn or Wind-Up Zenmaines won't really see this as a threat. Although, the thing that makes lemonade out of these lemons is that your opponent will have to be careful how they special summon their monsters. If they know you play level 4 monsters and summon their boss monster, they may have to take into consideration the S.H.A.R.K. sitting in your extra deck.

All in all, I'm really liking this beast of a card so tell me what you think and stuff and I'll have another article for you very soon.

NoUserName, out! Exclamation
Back to top Go down

Number 101 Silent Honor ARK (or Silent Honors ARK Knight or S-H-A-R-K or Sharknight or whatever....)
Page 1 of 1