Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeReturn of the duelist my opinion on this product  I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Return of the duelist my opinion on this product

Go down 
+2
Snilly
nerolwo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

Return of the duelist my opinion on this product  Empty
PostSubject: Return of the duelist my opinion on this product    Return of the duelist my opinion on this product  EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:48 am

hey guys just an overview of this new ( already in walmart) booster pack
well after galactic overlord that imo was a really mediocre booster pack with just 1 to 5 worthy cards this booster only offers imo 2 things new archtypes and old support

lets go first to the support
Miracle Contact - ok good for all the Jaden Fans that like rogue decks and since Heroes are now meta maybe they can still use this FUN archtype
Advanced Dark - Crystal beast new toy that wont make a differentce imo but ok they got a new secret
Ninja support, not really good

thats the only significan support i think is worth even

now to the things that i think that matter

First the shortess or less supported archtypes
the HUNDER Family
thunder type , well 3 cards is not really an archtype but just to recall , blackwings started the same, in DN a lot of people have been using this deck, at total of 5 or less dollars worth of rare cards. but still missing the sea horse so my advice dont pay more than that 5 bucks for all the rares, and since the horse is not out yet dont rush on them

Second archtype
Geargia - ok i playtested this deck in DN, work wonders, by itself and mixing it with Machinas, the Giant X is the most expensive card on the Set right now at 60 dls each copy, if u have the money i think u should get this one definetly, is the archtype that can work RIGHT NOW with the current support

Chronomally - well to be honest, i dont like the art, the monsters effects aint good, but the support is actually decent, they have a draw engine, their own solidarity and some decent generic XYZ so imo , dont waste time on the archtype just get the xyz's

Heroic - Bad ass looking archtype , with the best Theme, in my opinion ... but it sucks yeah, i dont see nothing other than Excalibur working on Heroes and Double lance seeing play and for the support in the next set, i dont see the archtype getting a boost to compete just good Champions for maybe more Hero Support , they are DIRT Cheap so if u are a collector or something u should not have any problem to get all of the current ones for less than 8 to 10 dls max, my advice dont waste ur time on this archtype for competitive play ( i already did)

Maldoche - The cutest archtype on the entire YGO history in my opinion , everyone should feel Gay just by looking at them and saying AWWW, the current cards are ok, not that cheap, is balanced in the total value actually , but will get at his best until the next set is out, so i think they will be increasing in value in 3 months, so get them right now if u are planning on using this, since is has otk potential and is gonna have some presence in competitive play. and let me know if im wrong but i think is the very first Recycling engine/deck in the yugioh history

as by right now, i dont see the box being a good investement since they are 4 different archtypes maybe more, the holos aint that good, and i dont see anybody getting back his money back from this set like in order of chaos. so better buying singles

and for the archtypes, i would definetly go with maldoche since right now are cheap, cuz yeah u should have a better result getting the geargias, but the giant is really expensive

i know this article is basically for people that plays in real life, but well at the end of the day, dont online players would love to attempt to real tournaments? with real judges instead of admins and real players instead of users? oh well , thanks for reading this
Back to top Go down
Snilly

Snilly

PostSubject: Re: Return of the duelist my opinion on this product    Return of the duelist my opinion on this product  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 9:54 am

You forgot to mention the spellbook/prophecy archetype. Prophecy isn't worth using right now until their ABYR support, same with Madolche, but you said that already. `-`
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Return of the duelist my opinion on this product    Return of the duelist my opinion on this product  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 1:38 pm

I'm personally kinda excited for Miracle Contact. It makes Junk and Debris In Space a good deck again, especially now that we have a Debris back. You've got your cool draw engine that's also a mill engine, hand advantage, grave recycling, and now a Miracle Fusion like card. You could also chuck in a few plants like Dandy and Spore or Lonefire sice Glow Moss is a plant. Ain't gonna be meta or anything but I've always loved that deck. It's fun to play.

EDIT: Kinda forgot the Neo-Spacian fusions are a fusion of NEOS and a Neo-Spacian instead of 2 Spacians (flaw 1), and they also return to the extra at the end phase whether or not they were properly summoned (flaw 2). Meh.
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: Return of the duelist my opinion on this product    Return of the duelist my opinion on this product  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 11:48 pm

Thanks for the article it gives me a better overview of REDU Smile
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
Snilly

Snilly

PostSubject: Re: Return of the duelist my opinion on this product    Return of the duelist my opinion on this product  EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 12:24 am

Also rock decks in general got some amazing support, grandsoil, block golem, revival golem, rock bombardment and some more.
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: Return of the duelist my opinion on this product    Return of the duelist my opinion on this product  EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 2:32 am

oh yeah sorry forgot about the harry potter theme deck. to be honest, i just dont really care about them i guess that made me forget about them

but that summoned skull ( prophecy destroyer) new art looks amazing
Back to top Go down
SabreW

SabreW

PostSubject: Re: Return of the duelist my opinion on this product    Return of the duelist my opinion on this product  EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 2:15 am

Im getting back into the swing of things since my time off here. And I'm kinda looking forward to the new set if for the only reason that I get to play with my rock deck again. XD
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Return of the duelist my opinion on this product    Return of the duelist my opinion on this product  EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 3:46 pm

Block Golem does look dope, thanks for mentioning that. 3 of each of Guardian, Wall, and Sandman, 3 Golem, 2-3 Fossil Dyna, 1 Mole, 1-2 other rocks (optional) +staples and a bazillion good stunnish spells and traps=fun.
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

PostSubject: Re: Return of the duelist my opinion on this product    Return of the duelist my opinion on this product  EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 4:12 pm

funny u mention that harp at torronto theres a rock stun that was 5-0 that played like that it used Coth to re use the rock monsters to be extra annoying
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Return of the duelist my opinion on this product    Return of the duelist my opinion on this product  EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 4:54 pm

CoTH DOES sound like a good tech...may have to use 1 or 2 in my build.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Return of the duelist my opinion on this product    Return of the duelist my opinion on this product  Empty

Back to top Go down

Return of the duelist my opinion on this product
Page 1 of 1