Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeALRIGHT, IT'S ARTICLE TIME! I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ALRIGHT, IT'S ARTICLE TIME!

Go down 
+3
The Crocodile
King007
NoUserName
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NoUserName
NoUserName

ALRIGHT, IT'S ARTICLE TIME! Empty
PostSubject: ALRIGHT, IT'S ARTICLE TIME!   ALRIGHT, IT'S ARTICLE TIME! EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:30 pm

Hey guys! I haven't been writing as much as I should, but now it's that important time in YGO where we all have our opinions on what's going to happen to the game considering the upcoming and impending doom of what I like to call, "The Crap List." (I do mean Banlist.)

The Banlist, or the Ban'LOST' rather, last format was exactly that: LOST. Our joy was lost and our pride was torn. But hope luckily came onto the horizon, sporting the reprint of Tour Guide and other new accessibles that came from the Battle Pack- Epic Dawn. Other fails of Konami were things like the release Gold Series Haunted Mine, which completely swung and missed on a count of their reprints of cards we obviously didn't need. (Okay, MAYBE Sams could disagree for the Naturias, but I mean c'mon.) They also brought forth a ridiculous deck that most would agree became the most annoying deck of all time, possibly more but limited to being derpy-er than Dino Rabbit: Chaos Dragons. The structure deck, Dragons Collide, came on the scene and IMMEDIATELY ruined the format for long time players, including doing something that I'm about to go over in the next couple of paragraphs. They overused Future Fusion.

Future Fusion USED to be one of my favorite cards. I enjoyed throwing this card down and dominating with my Disaster Dragons and even my Dragunities by using Five-Headed Dragon. But with the release of this atrocity called Chaos Dragons, my dreams of one day being a Dragon Master came to an end, and a sad one at that. Because of Chaos Dragons abusing the Future Fusion card and FGD and relying on them as reinforcement and backbone to the deck's structure, the upcoming format spells doom for Future Fusion/FGD and it's possible Ban.

Little Duelist Boy asks: "Well, what's the big deal man? Chaos Dragons are pretty derpy and Future Fusion or Five-Headed Dragon have to go. It's just the way the cookie crumbles, right?... I mean, the tides change with the movement of the Meta..."

Well yes, you may be correct my young padawan. But here's why I honestly think that's unfair.

If Future Fusion leaves, that would crush decks like Disaster Dragons, some Dragunity builds, some Hieratic builds Cyber decks, and even some Hero decks. Future Fusion was our SUPPORT card. It gave our decks something to bounce back on. Now that Chaos Dragon have defiled it's use, now we have something to fear.

The same goes for the possible ban on FGD. It will mess up a lot of game plans for some players, which honestly isn't fair. What SHOULD be limited is a card that I used to adore, but is now a thorn in my side: REDMD.

Red-Eyes Metal Darkness Dragon has been an OP-Dragon LONG before the blow-up of Chaos Dragons. This unlimited beast was the GOD of Dragon spamming, having the ability to revive old comrade-dragons from the grave or releasing new ones from the hand, not to mention being a 2800 beatstick. But Chaos Dragons abused this monster along with Future Fusion and FGD. And thanks to Future Fusion being used (I mean, ABUSED) for Graveyard support in Chaos Dragons, REDMD became nothing more than a staple in the Disaster Dragon knockoff deck that is Chaos Dragons.

Now I will hand credit where credit is due, Chaos Dragons DID win a YCS, and topped quite a few events. BUT, realize where the structure of this deck came from. A box. A box labled STRUCTURE DECK. When was the last time you saw a structure deck win a YCS? Quite a bit of time ago, right? I ASSUME Konami knew this would happen, and decided, "Why not just release a broken deck with ALL the support in the world and profit the heck off of it? Got nothing better to do than to make cruddy banlists and spoil the fun in YGO." And what would completely prove this theory is if Future Fusion or FDG or even REDMD DOESN'T get banned. Then we'll know for sure what the TRUE intentions of Konami are.

Honestly, it's a shame it's come to that. In just a few days, we'll know what the deal is. (Sorry for going all HAM like that, but it had to be done.)

As for Dino Rabbit, Wind-Ups and the whole other lot, I'm not sure what could take place. Dino Rabbit could be affected, as it should be and was neglected last banlist. The same goes for Wind-Ups. The problem with those two relies not on the problem cards, but the support that CREATES the problem.

Little Duelist Boy pauses and says: "Huh? What do you mean, NuN?"

For example, The Evolzars in Dino Rabbit are the problem card. The support is the Rabbit. Without the Rabbit, there is no Laggia/Dolkka. Evols NEED the Laggias and Dolkkas, so Rescue Rabbit will be one that's on the radar. Tour Guide probably won't be affected, considering it makes the Leviar play and provides protection with Wind-Up Zenmaines and gives Dino Rabbit a fighting chance.

Little Duelist Boy rings in: "Okay, so that's Dino Rabbit, what about the derpy-ness of Wind-Ups?"

Well, I'm getting there. I may not be a total expert, but here's what I've concluded:

Wind-Ups only need to control the Hand-Loop and the ability to spam. Limiting Hunter controls the loop, but the spamming would still be a problem. This lies in the Wind-Up Magician and Carrier Zenmaity. These 2 cards ARE the spam engine. Wind-Up Rat is only supposrt for the spam, as is Shark. So either Zenmaity or Magician may see the bucket, in my opinion. (I'm not completely familiar with Wind-Up Decks, seeing as though I've only ever played against 2 of them and I completely thrashed them both.... So if you have any disagreements, let me know please.)

Other than that, I have no more feedback. Thanks for reading and give comments as you feel necessary. Gracias, NoUserName, signing out!
Back to top Go down
King007
Nostalgic Tourney Organizer
King007

PostSubject: Re: ALRIGHT, IT'S ARTICLE TIME!   ALRIGHT, IT'S ARTICLE TIME! EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 3:52 am

Nice Article NUN ! I dig it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Crocodile

The Crocodile

PostSubject: Re: ALRIGHT, IT'S ARTICLE TIME!   ALRIGHT, IT'S ARTICLE TIME! EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:07 am

duude i want you in ADA xD

thnx for the article, your writing style is enjoyable Smile

For wind ups, the only thing that should get restricted would be carrier zenmaity and magician
People already run 1 hunter, so restricting it wouldnt change anything, its effect is just broken and thats it. But spam the field in 1 turn with 4 monsters makes that eff more broken, so i guess, most probably carrier zenmaity will get either restricted to 1 or banned IMO.
Back to top Go down
King007
Nostalgic Tourney Organizer
King007

PostSubject: Re: ALRIGHT, IT'S ARTICLE TIME!   ALRIGHT, IT'S ARTICLE TIME! EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:16 am

i actually think carrier will be semi-limited to 2 and magician limited.
Back to top Go down
Nuran

Nuran

PostSubject: Re: ALRIGHT, IT'S ARTICLE TIME!   ALRIGHT, IT'S ARTICLE TIME! EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:16 am

really good article bro
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

PostSubject: Re: ALRIGHT, IT'S ARTICLE TIME!   ALRIGHT, IT'S ARTICLE TIME! EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 1:32 pm

Ur wrong about Wind-ups there win condition is the loop, limitng hunter does nthn, all players only play 1 wind-up hunter in there deck playing 2 is just dead draw to them, to control the spam limiting eaither rat or zenmaight is ok, even tho they spam there not really gonna win with out that hand loop go into 3 1500 atk monster first turn but i still have 5 cards in my hand is easy. I think Zen or rat will be hit hunter wont be banned because i dont remember konami ever banning an archtype card, but we never know what to expect
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: ALRIGHT, IT'S ARTICLE TIME!   ALRIGHT, IT'S ARTICLE TIME! EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 1:45 pm

DE : Dark Magician of chaos = dark magician archtype Smile

NUN : structur deck that won ycs... dont remember if agents won any ycs but they won worlds Wink neways nice article mate Smile
Back to top Go down
NoUserName
NoUserName

PostSubject: Re: ALRIGHT, IT'S ARTICLE TIME!   ALRIGHT, IT'S ARTICLE TIME! EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 6:03 pm

Well DE, I never said anything about their win condition, I just said that players opposing the deck came into conflict with the spamming as well. Dark Hole and 2 Torrential EASILY stops spamming in almost any situations. Just pointing out what would control it a tad bit. Veiler is also a good shot to Hunter, but I'm not talking about cards to stop these things from happening, am I? I'm talking about the possible bans/limits. In any case, I already said I wasn't an expert. So yea.
Scorp: THAT'S RIGHT! Agents won a World Champ Title! Lol, thanks for the refresh xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ALRIGHT, IT'S ARTICLE TIME!   ALRIGHT, IT'S ARTICLE TIME! EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:01 am

Hunter needs to be banned out-right, honestly. Hand loops aren't any fun for the game. Besides that, Wind-Ups are alright, honestly.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ALRIGHT, IT'S ARTICLE TIME!   ALRIGHT, IT'S ARTICLE TIME! Empty

Back to top Go down

ALRIGHT, IT'S ARTICLE TIME!
Page 1 of 1