Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Synchros (With Zero -.-) I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shock

Shock

Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-) Empty
PostSubject: Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-)   Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 12:49 pm

Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-) Darksynchro

Fixes I just made
-1 Dimensional Prison

+1 Phoenix Wing Wind Blast
Awesome card,I wonder why I didn't consider it earlier :O you simply have too much discard fodder and it beats synchros and any high level monster ^-^ yay!

Ok let me go through the basics of this deck.It's basically a dark graveyard deck utilizing the diva engine.I made it about 2 hours ago and it works quite well up until now ( 5-1 duels ).It can be pretty inconsistent when I don't draw into any tuners though and that is bad but I have won 1 duel by only summoning weak monsters.I use some unusual cards in this deck.Let me go through them and their purposes.

Dark Grepher at 3.I consider him great!He gives you Mali,Dasher,Plague,Peten in grave so you can use them better from there Very Happy.He can be also special summoned by dumping a useless card in your hand.

Peten at 3.This guy is very good.He misses the timing when used as tribute fodder or synchro material but he's a target for many cards of this deck such as Grepher,Hand Destruction,Limit Reverse etc etc etc.Drawback is he misses the timing alot

Limit Reverse at 2.After seeing how well and fast this deck could synchro I decided to tech this card.And I have one thing to tell you,it works great!It gives back Malicious,Peten,Plague,Diva and more synchros by them.

Hand Destruction at 2.Simply awesome!First,peten doesn't miss his timing with it because both effect happen at the same time.Second it gets Mali/Dasher/Plague in grave for further use.

That's about all of the techs.What do you all think?I'm thinking of fitting 2 krebons and one E-tele here,or some more cards in order to get my tuners faster because if I don't this deck can be horrible.Maybe replace 1 miracle and 2 monsters?Who knows xD.I would like to fit a sangan too but I'm not sure what to remove yet :-/. Suggest any fixes you like
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-)   Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 2:39 pm

Quote :
Peten at 3.This guy is very good.He misses the timing when used as tribute fodder or synchro material but he's a target for many cards of this deck such as Grepher,Hand Destruction,Limit Reverse etc etc etc.Drawback is he misses the timing alot

If "Peten the Dark Clown" is discarded because of "Morphing Jar" or "Card Destruction", the last thing that happened was that both players drew cards. So the effect of "Peten" does not activate.[1]

wouldn't hand destruction be in the same category as card destruction or morphing jar?

but other than that i really like this deck haha
Back to top Go down
Tino The Sinner

Tino The Sinner

PostSubject: Re: Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-)   Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:31 pm

* Missing the Timing: "Peten the Dark Clown" is a "when... you can" optional Trigger Effect. This means that "Peten" being sent to the Graveyard has to be the very last thing that happened in order to activate its effect.[1]

the last thing to happen with hand destruction is you draw 2 cards so u miss the timing, Peten the Dark Clown is not good
Back to top Go down
Shock

Shock

PostSubject: Re: Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-)   Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:02 pm

I researched into that myself before making the deck and here's what I found

this topic

Quote :
Originally Posted by Seraphon
Heya,

Kenjiblade (Steve Okegawa) is one of the moderators on Upperdeck's own ruling forum, and he's one of the people who pretty much make the TCG's rulings.

I had the same discussion with I_am_NEO. I said that the send and the draw in Hand Destruction are simultaneous, in the same way that the sending and the draw for Norleras are simultanous (Norleras' card draw does not make you miss the timing for Peten or Jinzo - Returner) and so Peten works with Hand Destruction.

I_am_NEO said I was wrong, that Hand Destruction was the same as Card Destruction, but it looks like Kenjiblade is on my side on this one. Either way, it's Kenjiblade who needs to clear things up, as again, he pretty much writes the TCG rulings.

Seraphon

A PM I Asked Seraphon

I Was Wrong, I'll Take It

This is the last post of the topic,the admin of tcgplayer.com after being PM asked by the person who has the problem
Back to top Go down
Tino The Sinner

Tino The Sinner

PostSubject: Re: Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-)   Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:31 pm

I stand corrected, its the same issue with the card book of life, it has the word "and" in it

Book of life
Special Summon 1 Zombie-Type monster from your Graveyard and remove from play 1 monster from your opponent's Graveyard.

Card of safe return
When a monster is Special Summoned to the field from your Graveyard, you can draw 1 card from your Deck.

does card of safe return miss the timing
no it doesnt because of special summoning from grave and removing monster from grave are done at the same time

Back to top Go down
redgar

redgar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-)   Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:24 pm

If you discard peten with hand destruction he WILL miss the timing cause his effect is an optional effect. So i d suggest removing those guys along and 1 gillman.

Instead you could add Allure for more draw power foolish to dump mali/dasher/plague etc trunade to help you with the OTK and bottomless cause i consider it stapple.
Back to top Go down
Shock

Shock

PostSubject: Re: Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-)   Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:28 pm

[quote="redgar"]If you discard peten with hand destruction he WILL miss the timing cause his effect is an optional effect. So i d suggest removing those guys along and 1 gillman.

Instead you could add Allure for more draw power foolish to dump mali/dasher/plague etc trunade to help you with the OTK and bottomless cause i consider it stapple.[/quote]

He will not miss the timing.Both effect happen simoutanously because Hand Destruction Send and Draw is part of the same effect so he will not miss the timing.Talked it out with Tino and he gave an example (look at the above posts) Peten does NOT miss the timing at that situation.As for the changes.First Allure is not helpful because I want my monsters in grave not out of play.Second Foolish burial is not nersecarry because I use 3 grephers.I will consider Giant Trunade for OTKs although I don't pull them often...And Bottomless beats thought ruler but it fails against stardust and stardust is overused in this
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-)   Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-) EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 12:18 am

ummm yep this deck is nice but not so far as there is alot of cards that slow ur drawing and ur combo

so i can give another deck with the same idea and better than it XD even its under test but its fine i think Smile

here is the link take a look

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/f/fader.jpg/

my idea in this deck is using alot of ideas very fast and as Zero and Zombies power in grave so the best way to send them is by using LS monsters to send them to grave and use ur combo u can see here that i didnot use alot of traps as we can see the traps can slow ur combo alot so using important traps only and using alot of cards that allow u draw cards
to kik ur oppent as fast as u can Razz
Back to top Go down
Shock

Shock

PostSubject: Re: Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-)   Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-) EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 12:36 am

Ok first if you want to suggest your deck,you should open a different topic.Second this deck is identical to Kiryu111 Absolute Zero.The point for me here is to be original and use some cards that are not used frequently in this metagame in order to make something original but efficient.

Edit:Not to mention that you missed some important cards.First why only 2 diva -.- not to mention D-Hero Defender although he seems like a good tech.Then.I have dueled that deck and trust me,it is very inconsistent if you start with a bad opening hand.Last but not least,in academies like this,lightsworn are banned so your deck can't be used for Arena Duels

More Edit: Do you even know know the combo xD

Even more Edit: You should try to fit one Chaos Sorcerer in there.If the deck is as fast as you say I would suggest putting a third diva and a chaos sorcerer :O:O

Last edited by Shock on Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-)   Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-) EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:03 am

Shock wrote:
Ok first if you want to suggest your deck,you should open a different topic.Second this deck is identical to Kiryu111 Absolute Zero.The point for me here is to be original and use some cards that are not used frequently in this metagame in order to make something original but efficient.

Edit:Not to mention that you missed some important cards.First why only 2 diva -.- not to mention D-Hero Defender although he seems like a good tech.Then.I have dueled that deck and trust me,it is very inconsistent if you start with a bad opening hand.Last but not least,in academies like this,lightsworn are banned so your deck can't be used for Arena Duels

More Edit: Do you even know know the combo xD

thnx for ur comment but as i didnot get it how u think that i took this from kiryu111 XDDD i saw a duel on youtube that one was using a deck likr it and i used deff cards and fix it little any way thnx for ur comment

and donot angry to post my deck here XD i was trying to help u :)
Back to top Go down
redgar

redgar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-)   Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-) EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:50 am

@ I am not sure about what you say about peeten i ll search it further

Allur Is good despite wanting all cards in the grave cause you need extra speed and you also run return. Imagine a grepher wiith no darks in hand. It d be better if you could "allure" him. I find foolish netter than grepher but your call.
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-)   Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-) EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 7:11 am

nice i think i might start using peten now and try to think of some other decks haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-)   Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-) Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Synchros (With Zero -.-)
Page 1 of 1