Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOld Deck New Approach I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old Deck New Approach

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

Old Deck New Approach Empty
PostSubject: Old Deck New Approach   Old Deck New Approach EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 11:09 am

Ok so hello to every one and i hope u have happy holidays and merry christmas

i been out of the game for a while most of all cuz my new job, and my girlfriend ( hopefully future wife ) and another thing i dont like this Tour Guide/Rabbit dominance, ( also dissapointted cuz i had always wanted a dinosaur deck Sad and is kinda 2 xpensive to run it )
but one of the guys i play with Told Me
Quote: damn it i only have my sucky X saber deck , it doesnt seem to work no matter what
SOOO i told one of my best friends , im gonna build the a new kind of X saber ( im talking about different from the ones they run here in locals)

i went to dueling network and came up with this

Monsters 19
XX - saber Foutroll x3
XX - Saber Boggart Knight x3
XX - Saber Dark Soul x3
XX - Saber Garsem x3
X - Saber Airbellum x2
X - Saber Pashul x2
Super Nimble Mega Hamster x2
Debris Dragon

Ok so im braking my monster line up
- Foutroll staple ' i wont bother cuz every body knows he is great and most people fear his eff
- Boggart knight- Beats Stick and for foutroll almost staple
- Dark soul - searcher
- Garsem- ok lots of people told me : hey emmerblade is much better, well not in my deck not in my opinion , harsem boost himself, most people will try to destroy him by battle so he wont have his eff, and he being beast, can be combined with Horn of the Phantom beast or the similar X saber trap card, making u draw becoming a 2400 beats stick, and opponent most of the time will forced to destroy by eff , letting u have his search ability,
- Airbellum, lot of people dont like it cuz of darkworld, imo that can be prevented by not being stupid and dont attaking dirrectly if u dont know what kind of deck ur opponent is using and is another target for horn of the phantom beast
- phasul - kind staple
- Hamster - has 5 targets not bad
- Debris into blackrose and a free darksoul search i men is a staple for me

so the monsters are basically focused on beatdown and searching as u all can see, no Over protection with fulhem, no limited atk searcher like emmerblade, pure beast oriented semi Beatdown

Spells 7
Pot of duality x3
Heavy Storm
Dark Hole
Monster Reborn
Book of Moon

ok im lacking of MST and other stuff, but with Hyunlei and Barkion popping out like candy is not really needed
and triple POD in this deck is really helpful for 2 siimple things
1 - drawing a card :p
2 - most important , a mind game . reveling a dark soul adding it to ur hand , ur opponent summoning a thunderking or ehren or anything u can think of , to avoid u getting the darksoul eff and ending up attacking a super nimble mega hamster CMON!!! that epic or doing it the opposite way,
btw book if for recycling hamster cuz i like doing it like they attaking hamster , u search dark sould , if hamster didnt die, they will atk him again and then u book then search for airbellum and get a barkion or hyunlei next turn , simply great

now last but not least , well that sounded really stupid didnt it? whatever, the thing is here is one of the key cards

traps 14
Horn of the Phantom beast x3
Gottoms Emergency call x2
bottomless Traphole x2
Starlight Road
Mirror Force
Solem Warning x2
Solem judgement
Reinforce truth
Trap dustshoot

Basic all roand protection
Horn of the phantom beast is sick with Hamster, garsem, Boggart, airbellum, Naturia Beast, Gottoms even if u want something stupid or avoid a DWL equip it to Dark soul for naturia beast and hamster the testing was better this horn of the phantom beast than with the X saber card At one with the Sword

i recommend every body to try it out
if consistant enough , and an opponent dark hole can become a really really good thing
a few duels ago a guy dark holed my gotoms and i chained 2 gottoms emergency calls for 3 garsems and 1 darksoul getting to search enough for an OTK new turn

but oh well try it out , i wont bother putting the Xtra, just add 2 hyunlei, 1 gottoms , 1 naturia beast and barkion and u should be ok

to end my story , i builded the deck and my friend try it out and he bought the sucky x saber and got second in locals , he lost againts a 3 rabbit, 3 tourguide , laggia deck
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Old Deck New Approach   Old Deck New Approach EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 12:30 pm

hmm I'm pretty sure I had posted here, well anyways I have to repost now D:
Deck looks solid, Garsem is a good yet under appreciated saber, but I wud bump him down to 2 to make room for 1 emmersblade(stall tactic y'know). Also it's interesting to see sabers without fullhelm, though I never used to really run sabers it will be good to try these, and nice to see you back here Nero.
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: Old Deck New Approach   Old Deck New Approach EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 12:58 pm

Zup frost , yeah im kinda , stuck with work and stuff,
but yeah i never leave the game
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Old Deck New Approach   Old Deck New Approach EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 1:03 pm

i'm a saber fan and this...just might be crazy enough to work. well first of all, your friend is crazy, sabers are still great and can keep up with meta...just no one uses them much these days. i do well with a more standard version of sabers. even so, this is cool. never thought to use garsem bc i forgot his first eff so to me he was a random beater. but he can be a beater + horn target + another darksoul if you're smart with him. imma try this out, it makes me sad not to see ANY fulhelm (remember he can be offense too at times) or emmers, but hey, it's worth a shot. thanks nero, and good to see you again Smile

edit: you have 8 spells listed so your deck is 41
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: Old Deck New Approach   Old Deck New Approach EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 2:21 pm

hey harper thanks for showing yourself here,
and i didnt knew u were a X saber guy
and btw 3 duality, + dark hole , + reborn + heavy, + book of moon im still counting 7
is not my style to make above 40 card decks.
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: Old Deck New Approach   Old Deck New Approach EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 11:42 am

cmon give this article some love!!!!
i will post later on my lastest
NEO spacian deck
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Old Deck New Approach   Old Deck New Approach EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 5:34 pm

So i tried this out some more and your theories work pretty well Smile. the 8 horn targets are epic. i have to say though, emmers>hamster. hamster has lots of targets but ultimately has less options, plus emmers is a saber itself, which is really useful. hamster is nice bc it can survive but usually it will get run over by a tkr or leviathan first turn i've found. also even with the good backrow gorz is a staple and poa is almost a staple now, particularly with this deck which fills up grave fast. here's my tweaked build, hope you like it Smile

https://imgur.com/kGcH6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Deck New Approach   Old Deck New Approach Empty

Back to top Go down

Old Deck New Approach
Page 1 of 1