Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePrime vs. bottomless trap hole I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prime vs. bottomless trap hole

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Xanatos

Xanatos

Prime vs. bottomless trap hole Empty
PostSubject: Prime vs. bottomless trap hole   Prime vs. bottomless trap hole EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 2:20 pm

If prime material dragon is summoned to the field successfully and you pass priority to the opposing player and they respond with BTH don't they then pass priority back to you in which case can prime activate its eff on itself and not be destroyed?
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Prime vs. bottomless trap hole   Prime vs. bottomless trap hole EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 3:07 pm

Only the turn player has priority to activate effects. Your opponent can only respond to something you do, or activate an effect not in response once you have declared that, during a specific time frame where the activation requirements for one of your opponents cards have been met, you are not activating an effect or summoning a monster.

Of course the opponent can BTH a Prime Material Dragon, and since PMD is a multi-trigger effect, it can be CHAINED in response to BTH and negate and destroy it.
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Prime vs. bottomless trap hole   Prime vs. bottomless trap hole EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 3:33 pm

SirFunchalot wrote:
Only the turn player has priority to activate effects.

that's partially correct. the turn player has priority to activate his/her effects as chain link 1 after an action that doesn't start a chain. it's good to be precise Razz

SirFunchalot wrote:
Your opponent can only respond to something you do, or activate an effect not in response once you have declared that, during a specific time frame where the activation requirements for one of your opponents cards have been met, you are not activating an effect or summoning a monster.

that's pretty much what xanatos said haha

after a successful summon, the turn player has priority to activate a spell speed 2 or higher or ignition effect(given the summon wasn't negated). if the turn player passes priority to his opponent, then the non-turn player may respond with bottomless, trap hole, etc. now that a chain has been started, priority is now passed back to the turn player who can now respond to bottomless with Prime Material's effect.

Back to top Go down
Xanatos

Xanatos

PostSubject: Re: Prime vs. bottomless trap hole   Prime vs. bottomless trap hole EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 4:29 pm

Ok cool thats what i thought (and I'm glad you confirmed it because I do it on DN all the time xD) and since we're on the subject BLS eff can be used even if he's trap holed correct?( I know he goes out of play but his effect can still be used before he leaves the field right?)
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Prime vs. bottomless trap hole   Prime vs. bottomless trap hole EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 4:57 pm

BLS can declare activation of his effect BEFORE bth is activate. If the player passes priority and does not claim the effect of BLS to remove a monster, then it cannot be activated in response to BTH.
Back to top Go down
Xanatos

Xanatos

PostSubject: Re: Prime vs. bottomless trap hole   Prime vs. bottomless trap hole EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 5:04 pm

ahh so if the other player jumps the gun and flips BTH when you summon him you can tell him you never passed prio and use its eff still? (cus ppl do that all the time on DN f#%@en n00bs) xD
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Prime vs. bottomless trap hole   Prime vs. bottomless trap hole EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 5:13 pm

Yes you can do that.
Back to top Go down
Magicknight94

Magicknight94

PostSubject: Re: Prime vs. bottomless trap hole   Prime vs. bottomless trap hole EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 5:34 pm

Xanatos wrote:
ahh so if the other player jumps the gun and flips BTH when you summon him you can tell him you never passed prio and use its eff still? (cus ppl do that all the time on DN f#%@en n00bs) xD
His action is illegal and he should take a warning because that.
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Prime vs. bottomless trap hole   Prime vs. bottomless trap hole EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 5:56 pm

Magicknight94 wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
His action is illegal and he should take a warning because that.

^what he said. (if it was a sanctioned event)
Back to top Go down
Xanatos

Xanatos

PostSubject: Re: Prime vs. bottomless trap hole   Prime vs. bottomless trap hole EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:20 pm

lol i'd rather not wait a month for an admin to get to the duel just to give my opponent a warning -_- its not worth it lol

@harper most people at a sanctioned event(i'm assuming tournaments,wars etc. . . ) are smarter than the average DN player
Back to top Go down
Zembobway150

Zembobway150

PostSubject: Re: Prime vs. bottomless trap hole   Prime vs. bottomless trap hole EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:33 pm

I do not know about that, I once had a guy at a regional try and negate about 5 inherent summons with herald of orange light. it was pretty annoying i had to call a judge so many times
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prime vs. bottomless trap hole   Prime vs. bottomless trap hole Empty

Back to top Go down

Prime vs. bottomless trap hole
Page 1 of 1