Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDo you think we should make changes to DGA? I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you think we should make changes to DGA?

Go down 
+11
Vongola-x
redgar
j0hnb0i
Amaretsu
Harper7000
Scorpion67
BliTz
LegendaryFrost
JakeLegion
TheRuler
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TheRuler

TheRuler

Do you think we should make changes to DGA? Empty
PostSubject: Do you think we should make changes to DGA?   Do you think we should make changes to DGA? EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 8:02 pm

Well, as I saw that ADA is under construction. And DGA's Activity is dropping a bit, not only the activity in posting, but in events, such as tournaments, or GG.

So, Do you think we should change DGA?
Back to top Go down
JakeLegion

JakeLegion

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we should make changes to DGA?   Do you think we should make changes to DGA? EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 9:05 pm

I think we should inspire people to do more duels within the Academy by awarding points depending on the Dorms that battle eachother.
For an example check out the Airknight Revival Clan's set-up for point distribution by duels.
Example:
This is were duelist from any dorm come to duel and earn points. When you defeat your opponent you must post in the Duel Tower confirming that you have won a specific duel. When you defeat your opponent you must write the amount of DGA points you won so that an Admin can add it to your profile.

Eg. I win (18)DGA

Eg. I won twice (DGA)* amount that you won*
I won 3 times (DGA)

if you duel a different opponent then you make a new post...

Oh and by the way if you are caught double posting you will be served with a warning THANK YOU.

In order to advance you need to know how it works. Depending on your opponent will determine the amount of DGA you will receive in order to advance your rank.

when you duel and defeat a specific dorm member you gain the amount of DGA you see here.

Vesta Orange vs DGA Moderator=23 DGA
Vesta Orange vs DGA Tester= 20 DGA
Vesta Orange vs Vesta Orange =13 DGA
Vesta Orange vs Stardust Blue= 10 DGA
Vesta Orange vs Archfiend Red=6 DGA
Vesta Orange vs Blackrose Violet=3 DGA

Stardust Blue vs DGA Moderator=23 DGA
Stardust Blue vs DGA Tester= 20 DGA
Stardust Blue vs Vesta Orange= 16 DGA
Stardust Blue vs Stardust Blue =13 DGA
Stardust Blue vs Archfiend Red=6 DGA
Stardust Blue vs Blackrose Violet=3 DGA

Archfiend Red vs DGA Moderator= 23 DGA
Archfiend Red vs DGA Tester= 20 DGA
Archfiend Red vs Vesta Orange=18 DGA
Archfiend Red vs Stardust Blue=16 DGA
Archfiend Red vs Archfiend Red=10 DGA
Archfiend Red vs Blackrose Violet=5 DGA

Blackrose Violet vs DGA Moderator=23 DGA
Blackrose Violet vs DGA Tester=20 DGA
Blackrose Violet vs Vesta Orange= 18 DGA
Blackrose Violet vs Stardust Blue=16 DGA
Blackrose Violet vs Archfiend Red=14 DGA
Blackrose Violet vs Blackrose Violet=10 DGA

Also a big hit was competition between members for a certain title, like WWE belt matches. Multiple TYPES of belts could be possible and with each belt a certain in
"special duel" ability.
Example:
- The Clover Belt (the current holder can draw an extra card up to 2 times a duel)
- The Steel Belt (the current holder can negate up to 2 attacks a duel)
- The Rainbow Belt (the current holder gains 100 life points every one of their standby phases
ect...

These duels could be called..... Genesis Duels, and during these duels the Belt holder can use the effect of his/her belt, but if the person challenging them wins they receive the belt and must defend it.

These are all the ideas i currently have, so... hope you like it.
Also, i wanna be an admin/ tester/ moderator/ something important. lol. I guess dont know where to formally put that out there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we should make changes to DGA?   Do you think we should make changes to DGA? EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 10:17 pm

See Jake, here's the thing about all that. We have it. Not necessarily the title belt thing (Which is a cool idea), but we have the Duel Arena in which you earn exp and DGA Points for defeating people. The main problem with it was that Fallen King is in charge of it, and he stopped updating it, so people stopped bothering to participate. I did 2-3 Arena Duels and were never given Exp/Points for them.

Also, it's kind of ballsy openly asking for a Staff position, especially when you just joined a week and a half ago. I'm not saying you'd be bad Staff, heck, you could be one of the best Staff this site ever has, but you'll have to be around for much longer and contribute more first.

With that in mind, try not to make yourself look desperate, either. Just be active and responsible.

So, the way I see things Ruler, in order for our site to keep up a decent level of activity, we need to make sure that new members have a reason to stay here. Before we bring on any new ideas or projects, we have to look at what we already have, and give it a nice shine, so to speak. We have our dorms, tourneys, and Duel Arena. Now, in order to improve them, we have to identify the problem. Let's look at the Dorms:

Okay, so we have 2-4 people every week that get tested, and the average Duelist ends up in Archfiend Red. This is okay, but is there possibly a way to increase those numbers? We've done callbacks already for testers, and there were people that stood up to do the job. However, we really need EVERYONE that can be a viable tester to give a hand once in a while. I've noticed that when some people go a while without getting tested, it can put them off from the site. That's bad. Sad I think you guys are smart, though, so you'll come up with something in regards to that.

Next we have the Duel Arena. I really love how this exists, because I like the concept of earning experience, increasing levels, and eventually earning the right to a Vesta Test. Of course, this program has one HUUUUUUUGE flaw. It is managed by ONE person, and that is Fallen King, one of our beloved Admins. I have nothing against you FK, you're a nice guy, you're a good worker, and you're an amazing Duelist, but you also seem busy, so perhaps it's finally time that other Staff members be allowed to update the Duel Arena, so people will actually want to Duel with it. But hey, if you guys have a better guy, then I'd love to hear it. Smile

Now, a tourney is a tourney. In order for it to be successful, you have to draw attention to it. Honestly, I think this is the easiest problem to fix. All we need to do is spark site activity by fixing the first two problems, and once we naturally become more active, tourneys are more likely to get attention.

I do have a few ideas though, which I might make into a separate thread. Card of the Week and Card Maker of the Week need to come back. When I joined, those two things were the same as they are now: Grand Mole and Von. I think we could bring some attention back to those two contests. I even have ideas for themes.

Oh, and I know that Events are posted on the portal, but how many of us HONESTLY come on the site from the portal? I can tell you that my bookmark is set to the forum, so I usually have to look into different boards to find events and such. If we had an events box on the side, like with our War Record and such, we could bring more attention to what's going on around here. Oh, and it doesn't exactly look like there's much room to fit it, but once again, I know you guys can come up with a way to make it work.

Sorry if it seems odd that I kind of just jumped out of nowhere like this. The one thing I hate seeing most is a forum die. I've had it happen to forums I was Staff on before, and the other major site I frequent is also declining in activity, from school and whatnot.

I hope everything goes well. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we should make changes to DGA?   Do you think we should make changes to DGA? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 12:55 am

We do have a form of "belt" here actually(the signer and dark signer userbars u see beneath the names of some members). Also it seems that inner teams will be up and running soon again, I'll host a tourney soon once I set-up the rules, and the article team is taking a liitle break(we tired mate), so yeah, it may look a little inactive but this happens on occassion, then theirs one spark that starts the fire.

PS. You ask why I don't use periods(.) in my posts, punctuation is for noobs Surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we should make changes to DGA?   Do you think we should make changes to DGA? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:08 am

Article Team? What kind of articles did you write? Were they like, in-depth analyses on assorted topics, or was it really simple stuff, like posting polls and stuff?

Also, an inner team league sounds nice. I help run one of those on my main site.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we should make changes to DGA?   Do you think we should make changes to DGA? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 3:05 am

Violet check the decks and articles section for articles and card discussions, those are all the articles...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we should make changes to DGA?   Do you think we should make changes to DGA? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 4:13 am

These are some very well written articles. Okay, so I can understand if people are tired of writing articles, I mean, it does take some work, but we can still cook up some basic polls and stuff, right? That shouldn't be hard, and polls can easily spark up discussion.
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we should make changes to DGA?   Do you think we should make changes to DGA? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 4:18 am

@Jake, Yes, like those guys just said, we have that thing, that you earn more points against higher ranked ppl

@Violet, don't worry about the "jumping", all ideas are wanted Smile

And I like both of your ideas, and @Frost, I sure hope they do come back, that would be awesome Wink

Thanks for the replies, keep 'em coming Wink

/EDIT, about the articles, whenever something new and cool comes up, I'll be sure to write about it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BliTz

BliTz

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we should make changes to DGA?   Do you think we should make changes to DGA? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 5:14 am

it would be nice to see "what would a pro do" that scorp makes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we should make changes to DGA?   Do you think we should make changes to DGA? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 5:28 am

I guess that means I have to write a bit mpre. what will pros do #2 comming soon
Back to top Go down
JakeLegion

JakeLegion

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we should make changes to DGA?   Do you think we should make changes to DGA? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 5:54 am

@LegendaryFrost
what are Signers and Dark Signers? and what special thing can they do?
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we should make changes to DGA?   Do you think we should make changes to DGA? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 9:36 am

Well I like that we're already getting a lot of feedback Smile. I have to agree with you guys a little bit, part of the problem may be us (the staff). Now, it's not a HUGE problem. We're not in danger of dying yet. Bit there has been a slight drop in activity and improvement is always good. Perhaps it's time for some new staff. Vongy has been very busy with college, so he isn't online much. I'm CONSTANTLY running around. Scorp is usualy pretty busy too. We do what we can but let's face it, Yugioh Forums aren't the top priority in life xD. If we could get some people who have no life...erm...I mean, that will be really active to be staff, that may help. Reviving the competitions, articles, and Duel Arena is indeed a good start. We just need to reassign who's doing what. I used to write articles a lot, but I'm constanly writing ATM since I'm behind in writing from last year while simultaneously taking an 8-week college english class, where I have a major assignment (3000+ word essays) due every 2 weeks. And I sorta want to keep my fanfic going. So I'm pretty burnt out on writing lol. The time I have for DGA is spent posting or testing people. If we had more testers I could run competitions, or if we had a mod who wants to run competitions, I could continue testing people. I think we have plenty of events, but they're not consistantly going on. I'll reassign "chores" in the staff section, and if you think you want to be a tester, post in the topic! You don't necessarily have to be Stardust, but if you're not an admin will have to approve first
@Jake: the signer/dark signer thing has never been used. I'm thinking we should get rid of it
Back to top Go down
Amaretsu

Amaretsu

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we should make changes to DGA?   Do you think we should make changes to DGA? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 9:57 am

Alright here is the problem:

We are shutting way too many things down. The dorms are the only thing that can be growing right now which makes us look like a regular academy.

WE CANNOT BE A REGULAR ACADEMY IF WE WANT TO STAND OUT!

We need to boost every single topic on this forum up dramatically.

For example, I am offering to work on the Inner Teams right now. I will need at least 5 more members willing to help me with this.

We need to make this academy REBORN and FLASHY.

Therefore, I say we go under construction again.

We should add more topics, make the staff team biggger, and get as much support as we can handle.

This needs to be an active academy. Nobody is going to want to go to an academy where it's last major event was in July.

We need some smart people, and some dedicated people to re-make this forum and make it kill every other academy in popularity.

I rest my case...
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we should make changes to DGA?   Do you think we should make changes to DGA? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 9:59 am

Even if we need staff(which EVERONE is suggesting) we just can't go make the most active staff, staff will discuss it and have to decide but it seems that we will be doing a lot of stuff soon.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we should make changes to DGA?   Do you think we should make changes to DGA? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 10:07 am

Last time I talked to bongeh about getting new staff, he was ok for add a new mod but hte one I was thinking about is actualy out now. The staff problem is real and since we are all busy with stuff, I think we might reconsider the whole staff team ( except for the 3 main admins ofc )

we Can run this academy with 6 admins and 5 mods but we need very active people so anyone that thinks he can help us out being staff, you can aply here.

about hte reconstruction, you might be right, we need new ways to keep this forum active. we will need new topics and for that I will need the help pf the GFX'ers.

those are my toughts, now I need vongola to say his toughts about the staff reconstruction.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we should make changes to DGA?   Do you think we should make changes to DGA? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 10:18 am

i don't think we need to reconstruct the site itself, the design is remarkably well done. but i do think it's a good idea to reorganize staff. frost, we won't make any big decisions too hastily but we are saying we're taking the members' suggestions seriously
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we should make changes to DGA?   Do you think we should make changes to DGA? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 10:25 am

Actually I think I was supposed to be in charge of the duel arena points and didn't realize till now that you guys were actually posting in it lol

I'll add the points up when I get home from work today if it hasn't been added up already =b
Back to top Go down
redgar

redgar

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we should make changes to DGA?   Do you think we should make changes to DGA? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 11:01 am

I do not think the academy is dying it's just a little inactive lately. THere are many things that can be done to solve this problem. New tournaments, new competitions,using the duel arena more etc etc. Also the Genesis Guilds seemed like an interesting idea but it didn't last that long. I think you should give it another shot. Mainly these things. Also, in order for a forum to operate corretly the cooporation of Admins/Mods and members is required. Both sides must offer the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we should make changes to DGA?   Do you think we should make changes to DGA? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:12 pm

Yeah Ama, we don't need to do a complete overhaul of the site. Trust me, that doesn't work. You tried it on BD, and you pissed off almost everybody in the process. I also don't know about Staff or anything, but if we revive some of our simple things, I think we'll do fine. Besides, it's the school year, and school always hurts the activity of a forum where the common visitors are children and people up to their early 20s.

I said I don't want this place to die, and it won't, we just gotta put in the effort to keep ourselves going during the rough patches.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we should make changes to DGA?   Do you think we should make changes to DGA? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:46 pm

Now that we have 3 new testers in one day and perhaps even more on the horizon, I can focus on reopening the competitions and assigning active staff to run duel arenas. Genesis Guilds will be reopened once we get Competitions up and running
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we should make changes to DGA?   Do you think we should make changes to DGA? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 6:34 pm

We still need to rethink our mods now

The only 2 mods I see active is Ruler and frost !
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we should make changes to DGA?   Do you think we should make changes to DGA? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 3:23 am

Maybe the GG will be re-opened, when ppl will be more active Razz Seriously, first week: 3 entreis, 2nd week 0 entries. What would make it so that it wouldn't continue like that? Razz
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we should make changes to DGA?   Do you think we should make changes to DGA? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:50 am

first of all we need more mods, then we have 5 admins, but fallen is falling lazy again... and harper doesn't have that much time, me and scorp have even less time nowadays so another admin might be good, so I think we might promote theruler to admin and get some more admins, what does the rest of the staff think?
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we should make changes to DGA?   Do you think we should make changes to DGA? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:00 am

I got no prob with that
Back to top Go down
Shadow

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we should make changes to DGA?   Do you think we should make changes to DGA? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:14 am

Shadow needs a banhamma!!
Anyway ye ruler is ok o.o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think we should make changes to DGA?   Do you think we should make changes to DGA? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you think we should make changes to DGA?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next