Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSolemn Judgement I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Solemn Judgement

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nivedo

Nivedo

Solemn Judgement Empty
PostSubject: Solemn Judgement   Solemn Judgement EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 11:07 am

if my opponents uses Solemn Judgement to negate the summon of one of my monsters, could i special summon it from the graveyard by using monster reborn or any other card that specials from the graveyard
Back to top Go down
Stardust Dragon

Stardust Dragon

Solemn Judgement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solemn Judgement   Solemn Judgement EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 11:59 am

Depends on the monster, if its something like chaos sorcerer or it continains "Cannot Be Special Summoned Except) then u cannot summon it from the grave
and if he negated a synchro summon then u cannot special summon it either

Anyways if u successfully summoned chaos sorcerer and he didnt negate the summon he just destroyed it then u can summon it since it was special summoned correctly in the first place and it contains this text "Can Only Be Special Summoned"

hope i helped Smile
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

Solemn Judgement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solemn Judgement   Solemn Judgement EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 12:33 pm

so if its something like a synchro summon, or a special summon that requires certain conditions or tributes, was negated by solemn, then you cannot monster reborn.

but if it is something like dark magician that was tribute summoned and then solemned, you can monster reborn.

also one last case to see if i understand correctly, if it was something like a six sam monster that was specialed summoned by its own effect that says it can be specialed summon if there is another six sam, and it is solemned, then you can still special summon it fom the graveyard.

am i correct on these, or am i missing something?
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Solemn Judgement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solemn Judgement   Solemn Judgement EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 12:37 pm

To your last post: yeah. If it "can be special summoned by ___", then you can Reborn. If it is "cannot be special summoned except by ___", or it is a synchro or fusion monster, you can't Reborn it after te summon is negated. As a side note, fusion themselves can't be negated, just the card the summons them (Miracle, Poly, Fusion Gate, etc). But if they're sent from the extra ti the grave like wih Gale Dogra, they can't be Reborned. Monsters you hav to tribute (5 * and above) can be Reborned if their summon is negated
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

Solemn Judgement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solemn Judgement   Solemn Judgement EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 12:43 pm

so what about chaos sorcer where it says it cannot be specialed summoned except by removing from play 1 light and 1 dark. its summon isnt negate, but is later destroyed. could he be monster reborned even though the card text says that it can only be specialed summoned a certain way?

also about the fusion summon statement you said, arent fusion summons still considered special summons? so wouldnt you still be able to negate the special summon of that monster?

also my friend wanted to ask about who the judges were on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Solemn Judgement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solemn Judgement   Solemn Judgement EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 4:17 pm

Chaos can indeed be Reborned if he was properly summoned first. Fusion summons are special summons. However, they're not INHERENT special summons: there's a difference. Inherent means it's summoned by it's own effect or state of being: for example, Cyber Dragon and all synchros. Fusions, however, rely on an outside effect to fusion summon themselves, be it Miracle Fusion, Polymerization, Fusion Gate, or a number of other things. Contact Fusion (like gb) aren't like that so they can be negated directly. Usually, you can "negate the summon" anyway by negating the effect that would fusion summon them, since Solemn Warning also states that it can also negate "the effect of a spell trap or monster effect that would special summon a monster", and Solemn Judgement negates spells and traps. Note though that it only negates the effect, not the summon so if you Warning Polymerization, the opponent doesn't send the fusion material monsters or send the fusion to the grave like they would for a synchro summon. As for official real life judges, not everyone who is knowledgable here plays in real life, so not everyone are real life judges. And tbh I've known many things judges don't lol. J0hnb0i is a judge, and I've never know him to ever be wrong, but a lot of people here know their stuff too Wink

edit: here's some extra information that may solve future questions. If the card reads: "This card cannot be Special Summoned except by ___", it cannot be Monster Reborned (or revived any other way) even if summoned properly first. Example: Elemental Hero Fusions. These monsters are know as "Nomi" monsters. Monsters that read "This card can only be special summoned by ___" then it can be Monster Reborned if properly summoned first. Example: Chaos Sorceror. These monsters are know as "Semi-Nomi" monsters.
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

Solemn Judgement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solemn Judgement   Solemn Judgement EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:47 pm

woot.....haha
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

Solemn Judgement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solemn Judgement   Solemn Judgement EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 4:28 am

ok, well i understand it all now, but i have one more question that is a bit off topic and is a bit more confusing. what about dark armed dragon?
what if you have D.A.D. in your graveyard and 2 other dark monsters in your graveyard. could you monster reborn D.A.D. since there are 3 dark monsters in your graveyard at the time that you special summon him?
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Solemn Judgement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solemn Judgement   Solemn Judgement EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 5:03 am

No, his effect only counts from the hand, though I can see how that would confuse you
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

Solemn Judgement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solemn Judgement   Solemn Judgement EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 6:40 am

and dark armed dragon is a Nomi so it can't be reborned from the grave anyway =b
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Solemn Judgement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solemn Judgement   Solemn Judgement EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 7:48 am

True haha
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

Solemn Judgement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solemn Judgement   Solemn Judgement EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 9:01 am

ah ok, i recognized the term nomi and looked at one of the earlier posts, and i guess i just looked over it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Solemn Judgement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solemn Judgement   Solemn Judgement Empty

Back to top Go down

Solemn Judgement
Page 1 of 1