Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homeverdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P

Go down 
+4
Scorpion67
Harper7000
Quincy99
yangaud
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
yangaud

yangaud

verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P Empty
PostSubject: verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P   verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 5:02 pm

verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P 300px-VerdantSanctuaryCRMS-EN-C-1E

ok so i rly got suprise by a insect deck just read the card and youl get what i mean u just search for the insect u need all the time giving u huge deck thin and hand advantage isnt that awsome! best thing its continious! Very Happy
examble: man eater bug destroy a monster and go search for a lvl 2 insect and the best insect whit that level is infernity beetle Very Happy so thats only 1 example but heres the awsome insect u can play and kik somme nice ass whit

verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P 300px-Aztekipede%2CtheWormWarriorPTDN-EN-R-1Everdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P 300px-MagicalMerchantCP05-EN-SRverdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P 300px-PinchHopperDR2-EN-C-UEverdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P 300px-BeeListSoldierCRMS-EN-C-1E
verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P 300px-InfernityBeetleTSHD-EN-R-1Everdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P Man-EaterBugRP01-EN-C-UE

and all that to make a bad ass syncro

verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P 300px-UndergroundArachnidABPF-EN-ScR-1E

to sum up its a rly good engine that has pottential and ive ben testing so far its getting pretty well and you can make a lot of combos whit that card and the lame insects that become good whit that Razz so comment if want thx for reading Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P   verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 5:19 pm

It is a good card but it has a glaring issue. It forces you to depend on your opponent destroying your monsters. Which isn't bad, but in this fast format. The last thing you want to do is depend on situational +'s. But insects have swarming potential. But there is something missing that makes them a threat again.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P   verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 5:24 pm

It's an interesting idea but tbh there aren't many good insects floating around :/. Maybe you could combo this with Emmersblade (who is an insect) to get a +1 too. But idk I'm having trouble picturing an engine for insects...do you have an example build Yanguad?
Back to top Go down
yangaud

yangaud

PostSubject: Re: verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P   verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 5:33 pm

actualy i have and i beated thin's lightsworn whit it Smile

there it is

monsters
3x armored bee
3x the worm warriror
3x bee list soldier (wich is rly good whit worm warrior and pinch hopper and 1 for 1!)
3x howling insect
3x infernity beetle
2x magical merchant
2x man eaer bug
2x pinch hopper

spell
1x dark hole
1x monster reborn
1x 1 for 1
3x pot of duality
3x solidarity
3x verdant sactuary

trap
2x dimentional prison
1x mirror force
1x solemn judgment
2x solemn warning
1x torrential tribute

extra
underground spider
and your imagination u dont get the other sincro rly..

so here it is test it if u want but it is consistant has far has i played but its to you to judge Razz

and quincy i know it can get counter eazy but still in a lot of way it is good i dont expect it to be top thier either Smile thx for the comments

Last edited by yangaud on Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P   verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 5:38 pm

I'll try it and tell you what I think, I can't judge much just by looking at the build bc I don't know half the cards xD. But it's worth a try just to use Underground Arachnid lol. Back in the early days of X-Sabers, and I mean the REALLY early days, I would sometimes see a teched Gale so they could go Gale+Emmersblade into Arachnid haha. That was so long ago
Back to top Go down
yangaud

yangaud

PostSubject: Re: verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P   verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 5:41 pm

arachnid is awsome i love his eff it can lock your oponent when u have hand advantage Smile and it cant get d.prison Very Happy or mirror but ofc insect would need a boost ^_^ but they already have there own gale whos 1600 (armored bee) Razz
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P   verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 6:01 pm

Yeah I didn't know that till I just now made the deck on DN xD. And Howling insect is the searcher, never knew they had one. I'm thinking though, do you think we should cut back the monster count a bit for some more spells and traps? I like mah msts, and Trunade, Book, and possibly Seven Tools is nice too. Also what about Fire Ant Ascator? It's an earth level 3 insect tuner that unlocks the Naturia synchros and Sun Dragon Inti. It's stats suck though lo. Still haven't tested your build though, I'll do that tomorrow since I'm about to go to bed.
Back to top Go down
yangaud

yangaud

PostSubject: Re: verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P   verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 7:06 pm

u will break your solidarities whit other syncro and the reason why no mst and trunade is cause of the insect syncro's eff but if u think that could be nice Razz and why fire ant why not naturia butterfly? it got a better eff oh and magical merchant mostly mill a lot of monsters so u get your spell and trap pretty eazy
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P   verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:17 am

are tjhe solidarities really needed ? cuz the Idea of the Naturia Synchros is really good. You can always use Burden of the mighty if you really think your monsters are weak.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P   verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:21 am

Yeah I support Scorp on that. Solid is pretty nice (I've gone like 20-0 with Machina Gadgets w/Solidarity lately) but since the deck can synchro I think it might be good to have other synchros too Smile. And why Ant over Butterfly? BecauseI forgot about Butterfly xD. It's earth too right? Also, I'm not so much worried about getting to my spell and traps, but more getting Royal Tributed or opening with all monsters. With te Dualities it should be easy to get to a monster if we don't have one in hand at first
Back to top Go down
yangaud

yangaud

PostSubject: Re: verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P   verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:46 am

yeah i guess i could try whitout solidarities so like what about -3 solidrities -1 howling insect -1 bee list soldier +2 butterfly and +2 mst + trunade?
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P   verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:25 am

Sounds good...but I kinda like 3 Howling though. How good has Bee List been testing? I haven't tried it yet but I don't see him being overly helpful. Maybe -another Bee instead. Or -2 more Bee, -1 141, +1 book +1 tools
Back to top Go down
yangaud

yangaud

PostSubject: Re: verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P   verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:50 am

but bee is beast whit 1 for 1 worm warrior and pinch hopper it has ben rly usefull

maybe we could take out pinch hoppe tought let me look at lvl 4's Razz

what about we take off 2 bee list and 1for1 like u said and 2 pinch hopper for koa'ki meru beetle
wich would be good if u have 2 verdant just let him get destroy to get 2 insect lvl (armored bee and worm warrior or and other koa'ki)
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P   verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 7:28 am

Hm...I can see keeping 1 Bee List around for the occasional draw and to give Merchant something to search besides himself when sanctuary is up. Pinch Hopper seems to be good to piece together combos...but does he miss timing for Sanctuary? If so, I think yeah we should replace him with KM Beetle. Other wise I'm indecisive
edit: I kinda want to make room for mind control too since we have 5 tuners now and more synchros :S
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P   verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 9:20 am

Sorry for double post, but I've been dueling random people on DN with this and I'm 5-0 Very Happy. Including against Karakuri and Dragunity. I'm did the changes we made together Yanguad, the one with 1 Bee List and 1 KM Beetle. It's pretty great, all that's left is to test it against someone really good like one of our Stardusts
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P   verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 12:26 pm

if you tribute pinch hopper for bee list soldier's effect, pinch hopper's effect will miss the timing =\

but other than that this deck looks interesting. i kinda wanna try it out now too haha
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P   verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 12:47 pm

I was more asking if like he was face up and destroyed with sanctuary, would he or sanctuary miss timing? But it doesn't matter much now bc I tried KM Beetle instead and it works better. Depending on how Bee runs, I may drop him for another Beetle. Here's the new and improved list yanguad and I were working on if you want to try it:

Insects (40)
       Monsters: (20)
3x Howling Insect
3x Armored Bee
3x Aztekpede, The Worm Warriror
3x Infernity Beetle
2x Naturia Butterfly
2x Man Eater Bug
2x Magical Merchant
1x Koa'ki Meiru Beetle
1x Bee List Soldier
       Spells: (12)
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x Book Of Moon
1x Giant Trunade
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
3x Verdant Sanctuary
3x Pot Of Duality
       Traps: (Cool
1x Mirror Force
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Solemn Judgment
2x Solemn Warning  
2x Dimensional Prison
1x Seven Tools Of The Bandit
       Extra: (15)
1x Trishula, Dragon Of The Ice Barrier
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Colossal Fighter
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Scrap Archfiend
1x Brionac, Dragon Of The Ice Barrier
1x Naturia Barkion
3x Underground Arachnid
1x Ally Of Justice Catastor
1x T.G. Hyper Librarian
1x Naturia Beast
1x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

I also noticed face down monsters don't let you search with Sanctuary, so a fd Howling or Man Eater won't get you a +1. even so, Sanctuary has already won me games
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P   verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 1:40 pm

nice fixes harpy Smile now Even I wana try the deck XD
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P   verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 1:46 pm

you do get it's effect for your fd monsters

Last edited by j0hnb0i on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P   verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 1:49 pm

nice fixes harpy Smile now Even I wana try the deck XD
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P   verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 2:05 pm

There should 1 doom dozzer ( maybe - 1 worm warrior. BUt then there may be too much insect removal. Just a thought) . Its just too much of a boss insect card. Gets over most annoying syncros. Also, has anyone considered a creature swap. It may be an interesting addition at 1. Swap a howling for a stronger monster and get a verdant search and a free monster on field.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P   verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 4:50 pm

John: are you sure? It says face up insect on te field and ocg rulings says you can't but I knw tcg and ocg aren't always the same. I would love to be proven wrong lol
scorp: thanks, do it Very Happy
Quincy: I've found Swap to be pretty bawse in general lately. It combos pretty nicely with the deck so it's a good tech IMO. I probably won't use it though haha, I like the protection of tools. I have also thought of Dozer but idk. I like Aztekipede The Worm Warrior because he searches himself with Sanctuary so he can keep removing himself. Also Beetle and Armored Bee search him and he's good for a fast Arachnid. So I would keep 3...but I don't think a teched Dozer is completely out of the question bc of Merchant's milling. Perhaps instead of Bee List? bee List hasn't been dead for me yet but then again I haven't needed to sacfrifice field presence to draw yet either
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P   verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 8:09 pm

oh! for some reason i thought it said "when a face up insect monster is destoyed by battle you can....." lol nevermind. so if an insect monster is destroyed by a card effect while it is face down then no the effect won't go off. But if a face down insect monster was attacked and destroyed by battle then the effect would go off.

if man-eater bug was attacked, while face down, it's effect to destroy would still go off. and it was still considered to be destroyed by battle so you still get the effect of the field spell. and howling insect and the field spell both activate at the same time so they would go on a chain in the order that the player chooses.

EDIT: i just saw the OCG ruling you were talking about harper. that ruling is weird though because the monster should flip over in the damage step and then be destroyed. it makes no sense. o_O

Last edited by j0hnb0i on Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Supreme_King

Supreme_King

PostSubject: Re: verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P   verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 11:18 pm

One problem j0hn:this card is a Continuous Spell Card, not a Field Spell Card Wink
Back to top Go down
yangaud

yangaud

PostSubject: Re: verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P   verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 3:57 am

im glad insect has got so much interest and great harper now you c what i mean when i say insects are good xP Very Happy nice that people wanna try the deck Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P   verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P Empty

Back to top Go down

verdant sanctuary one of the best seacher :P
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next