Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeTech of the Week #9 I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tech of the Week #9

Go down 
+2
TinyCrash
Scorpion67
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Tech of the Week #9 Empty
PostSubject: Tech of the Week #9   Tech of the Week #9 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 5:03 pm

Hey wadup folks Smile I know its been a long time but, Meh, hope you will still like it Wink I waited this long cuz I wanted to give you some pro techs and not so techs that everybody use in their decks. BTW if you remember the las tech I posted in DGA was Dark Bribe ; and I watched some interviews of YCS Orlando and lot of players that didnt toped cuz they ere X-3 instead of X-2 said that they lost to Giant Trunade and they will be running Bribes for the next YCS Wink so Basicly .... Scorp was right Wink

Tech of the week #9 Sasuke Samurai #2

Tech of the Week #9 300px-SasukeSamurai2DCR-NA-C-1E

'' I Sumon Coldwave, Response ? '' thas basicly what hapens when you sumon Sasuke Samurais #2. Its been a while I want to do this article about Coldwave Samurais but I never made it for some reasons. the main one was that coldwave samurai waste the sumon of the turn and at that time, you didnt really had cool techs to make this monster playable. Let me explain why I changed my mind

URIA DECK : I have to give all the credits to TinyCrash for this tech. He was the 1st in Montreal to use ''Coldwave Samurai'' and it was in a Uria deck. for those who dont know how Uria decks works, You use a lot of traps and when you sumon Uria, he have more than 8000 atk so you OTK the opponent. OTK's works always better when you can prevent your opponent's traps to screw you. so basicly you sumon '' Coldwave Samurai '' activating his effect and then SP sumon Uria and Attack for Game.

Uria is more a fun deck so that was basicly why I never made an article about this card. I was waiting for some backup to main this card in competitive decks and guess what... I got it Wink Let me explain you why this card is playable in our compoetitive decks !

The biggest problem of ''Coldwave Samurai '' Was that you had to sumon it so it means that you waste the sumon of your turn. Nowadays, we all splash Tengu and plant engine in most of our decks cuz we like speed and agressivity. those aspects make our samurais even more playable ! the drawback of sumoning the samurais is no more a problem now that we have birdman Wink you can sumon him, pay 800 LP's to prevent the activation of spell and traps and then bring him back o the hand special sumoning Birdman. If you have a tengu or a spy on the field, I dont need to tell you how many plays you can start with this setup if you have spore and bulb in the grave. The best thing about this is that if you canot OTK for some reason, you can setup a killer field that your opponent will not be able to destroy in 1 turn and you still have '' Coldwave Samurai '' In your hand so basicly, You won !

Another cool thing about this monster is that he is Level 1 with 200 ATK wich means that he is Special sumonable with Limit Reverse. Even if you play mill decks, you still have a chance to play this monster Wink

Tengu - Plant Engine - Birdman - GK Engine- Limit Reverse : all those engines are playable with ''Coldwave Samurai'' So if you think your deck is good but you can use some OTK material, what are you waiting for Wink give a chance to my bro '' Coldwave Samurai''

Hope you liked the tech of this week guys. Dont forget to coment and discuss Wink

Last edited by Scorpion67 on Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TinyCrash

TinyCrash

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #9   Tech of the Week #9 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 5:35 pm

15000 atk Uria!!! RAWR! It's over 9000!!! XD This card is a game winning card when you can special summon like crazyyyyyy *AheumTengu! Aheum!* >_< Basically it's GG Smile
Back to top Go down
KingMP94

KingMP94

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #9   Tech of the Week #9 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 5:39 pm

Very nice tech!! I remember playing it last format when I ran 1 Reinforce Truth in my Sabers, it was pro Very Happy

Never thought about that Uria deck, seems interesting. I might give it a try cause innovation this format is pretty damn cool. Especially with such little backrow removal these days, Sasuke Samurai #2 can be a great tech!
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #9   Tech of the Week #9 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 6:47 pm

that plus reinforcce truth is so good! haha

cold wave the field then use him has synchro material! haha
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #9   Tech of the Week #9 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 1:38 am

GREAT TECH SCORP!!! Very Happy, I've been looking for a card to help in my TenguValley Very Happy this is awesome, +1 for you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Teise

Teise

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #9   Tech of the Week #9 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 3:17 am

haha played that nigga in some decks teched with reinforce truth and in side swordman lvl 2 hes crazy sometimes
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #9   Tech of the Week #9 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 12:25 pm

Thx for for the reply guys I really Apreciate Smile

glad to see you like this guy too. forgot to tell about reinforce truth, Thx for pointing it out. I wrote this thing completly drunk, Im pretty sure you can tell only by reading it Razz thx for pointing it out guys. this guy is pretty much the coldwave that X-Sabers miss so much Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tech of the Week #9   Tech of the Week #9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tech of the Week #9
Page 1 of 1