Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeKarakuri Advice I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Karakuri Advice

Go down 
+3
Vongola-x
LegendaryFrost
Metalgolem
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metalgolem

Metalgolem

Karakuri Advice Empty
PostSubject: Karakuri Advice   Karakuri Advice EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 12:39 pm

Even though I haven't completed it in real life, this is what my dream Karakuri deck will look like. It will focus on synchroing for the most part.

Monsters: 17
Karakuri Strategist x3
Karakuri Haipa x1
Karakuri Soilder x3
Karakuri Kuick x3
Karakuri Watchdog x2 (or 1)
Karakuri Shinkuro x1 (or 2, possibly 3 for a 2nd target for machine dup)
Karakuri Bushi x2
Karakuri merchant x1
Cyber Dragon x2

Spells: 17
POA x1
Machine Duplication x2
Karakuri Cash Cache x2
Karakuri Showdown Castle x2
Book of Moon x1
MST x2
Mind Control x1
Trunade x1
Monster Reborn x1
Dark Hole x1
Instant Fusion x2
De-Synchro x1 (can grab another karakuri from my deck)

Traps:
Bottomless x2
Solem Judge x1
Trap Stun x1
Divine Wrath x1
Mirror Force x1

Side:
Ultimate Offering (Cause with the searching capabilities of the archtype its hard to run out of cards in your hand. I am even going to start working on a version of the deck that runs off of this, double summon, merchant, and the new lvl 3 tuner coming out next pack)
Limiter Removal (Never really proved helpful to me as I thought it would)
Sazank (not what I'm looking for since this deck should be agressive)
Karakuri Anatomy (couldn't find room for it confused)

I'm not too sure on keeping the two Bushi or the Mind Control (it has yet to help me in any of my games at school) in the deck, but I'm not sure what to replace it with.

Flaws that I'm experiencing:
Early game (unless I get good hand) and after field wipes
Bad luck with backrow
Drawing more support than monsters

If anyone can give me a few ideas or suggestions on how to configure the deck it would be greatly appreciated. I know there have been quite a few Karakuri posts but I have yet to see any that address the problems that I am having.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Karakuri Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karakuri Advice   Karakuri Advice EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 10:24 pm

Well, I'm not a master of karakuri's but I recently made a deck that Scorp helped me out with so let me see what I can do..
If u want to try to integrate machina's(which works well IMO) you would only need 1 kiuk and 1 Haipa and 1 watchdog(you need 6 open spaces for fortress and gearframe) but u need to make space so that you still get the deck u want.
If you don't want machinas, you could try what I did with mine, and make the deck focus on getting out Ancient Fairy Dragon, using it's effect to destroy showdown(gain 1000LP) get another showdown, and use destroyed showdown's destruction effect. It would help me more if I knew what the deck is focused on.
Back to top Go down
Metalgolem

Metalgolem

Karakuri Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karakuri Advice   Karakuri Advice EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 10:16 am

Yeah I have read Scorp's posts regarding the archtype (and even the one that he helped you with Razz). Personally I'm not seeing how the introducing Machina into the deck could help aside from putting cards in the graveyard for Kuick to retrieve (which would make it hard considering I would only have 1 with your suggestion). And one of the current issues I am having with the deck is having monsters in my hand cause I keep getting hands full of support cards, so dumping the cards would hinder me in most cases :/
Also, second setence in my post ;P says "focuses on synchroing for most part" lol.
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

Karakuri Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karakuri Advice   Karakuri Advice EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 5:08 pm

machina gives u an easy synchro, special summon fortress and then a lvl 1 tuner (bulb or the lvl 1 psychic tuner with emergency teleport...) and that gives u a lvl 8 synchro and u can resummon fortress from grave as well, so a double use for it, but w/e I am inexperienced with karakuri and don't know what I am talking about Razz
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
Quincy99

Quincy99

Karakuri Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karakuri Advice   Karakuri Advice EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 5:59 pm

When it comes to pure karakuri, it currently lacks the explosive synchro speed that the other variants have. So until the new booster extreme victory comes out and karakuri get their own Boggart knight and their own solemn warning. If you still wish to not use machina/ plants. you could always go or a black salvo route, utilizing salvo with machine dupe to make mass syncros

In regards to your deck, you could make this more of a control deck as you're using a lot more position altering cards. Swap out the machine dupe for the karakuri anatomy ( The karakuri versoin od SS united). You can take out the 2x Bushi for 1x Hapia, Better in all ways. And with that free spot you can add a trap stun/seven tools
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Karakuri Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karakuri Advice   Karakuri Advice EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 6:31 pm

Well as everyone seems to be stating, Scorp is the expert on this so he can probably explain this far better than I can. But I'll try. So really, not all archtypes are best played pure. A few are but not all. Karakuris especially are a new archtype and their support is still being released, so they need somethig to give them a little extra oomph. Machinas work well for that, one of the main reasons (for me) being bc it unlocks Limiter Removal. That will help you otk far faster even if you can't swarm as effectively as you want. 2nd thing,Machinas are just good lol. Fortress may not be a synchros, but he fits the theme with being a big machine and causing advantage for you. Gearframe is good for searching and low level beatstick power. 3rd thing, it's a backup plan. Sometimes you simply can't synchro and start your loop so it's nice to get a Fortress out of nowhere that people don't like to get rid of bc of his nasty effects. Scorp also uses Bulb and some Psychics too, but by using the Machina engine instead of another synchro engine, it adds good synergy by being a machine and adds speed and consistancy as well as a backup plan. But oddly enough Scorp is the only one who has extensively tested it so wait for him to explain it better than me. Sorry, I play many decks but haven't tried this one much yet Razz
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Karakuri Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karakuri Advice   Karakuri Advice EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 4:46 am

Sorry for being late at this, but I am Actualy on little vacations XD. I will try to write this quick Smile

1st Machinas ) Machinas are really important in karakuris right now because the karakuri spell engine ( The cache cash and anatomy ) is not really stable. It just too much space in the dek and usualy we don run that much karakuris in the deck. 3 Strategist, 3 or 2 soldiers, 1 watch dog, 1 haipa and 1 kuick is basicly all you need. machinas are there to be sure you keep the deck going and ig gives you that aditional sp sumon that usualy makes ytou win or OTK

Plant Engine and psychic Engine ) those 2 engines are very cool in karakuri decks. The psychic engine is basicly ( E-Tele, Mind Master and Psychic comander ) and the plant engine ( 2 Lone fire, 1 Dandy, Spore and Bulb ) you can use both in the deck or choose 1. they are there to be sure that you can make the deck exlose once you get your first karakuri synchro. 1 for 1 he;lps a lot if you have bulb or spore

Exemple : you synchro for burei and sp sumon a soldier. activate 1 for 1 on bulb and synchro burei into a bureido and get the watch dog. synchro the watchdog and the soldier into another bureido and get a strategist and you draw 2. then if you drew into a instant fusion synchro for a bureido again and get the Haipa. If the otk dont work for some reason, you can stil use that bulb in the grave and synchro haipa and bulb for N aturia beast on mp2 to be sure you dont get Dark hole !

Machina Dup ) I tired this before but seriously its not consistent. works when you get it 1st and and you have a soldier and a strategist but most of the times it is a huge dead draw. I dont recomend this.

The Field ) dont really like it. It is fub to play but when you play karakuri, you wana win in the 5 first turns usualy. the field is too slow.

You pointed osmeting interesting tho. Ultimate offering.... Nerver tought about it. I wana see if I can make a fun version of karakuries with ultimate offering and 3 merchants and see how consisten it can be Smile Always wanted to try ultimate offering in this format XD

Hope I Helped a bit here Wink

PS : an interesting thing checked out lately in the YCS anaheim blog is a player using Quilbolt hedgehog in karkauris with the plant engine. Looks interesting.
Back to top Go down
Metalgolem

Metalgolem

Karakuri Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karakuri Advice   Karakuri Advice EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:49 am

Woot Scorp finally commented! Razz And I see all of your points, odds are I will either splash some other cards into the deck till new pack comes out, or prepare it for the next pack and not use it till it comes out. Cause without the new lvl 3 tuner that will be coming out, I can't seem to do much unless I have a really good hand. I was thinking about trying to put some of the genex allys in the deck, so far only Birdman seems to do any good in the deck but I haven't looked at em all. But I'm not too sure I'll use the Machina approch since I really don't have any good level 1 tuners :/

@Quincy: I think I might transform it into a more control based deck till Extreme Victory comes out. I already got some good ideas on what to include (Prevention Star, maybe A/D Changer, Trick House, Gozen Match/Rivalry of Warlords, and a couple others). Also what card are you refering when you say we get our own Solemn Warning? I constantly check what cards are coming out in the archtype and I haven't seen anything of the sort. Unless you are you refering Barrowed Store House

@Scorp: The ultimate offering viriant I played around with seemed to do really well. With Cash Cache, Merchant, and Anatomy constantly filling my hand, it played pretty well in the short time I used it. You could also use it to minipulate Sazank. By playing Merchant to grab either Sazank or Strategist (whichever you need in your hand), set Sazank, then play strategist and have him change Sazank's battle position to send a monster to the grave and get a easy 8 synchro. And it makes Machine Dupe much more valuable since the deck has great searching potential. Also, adding Genex Ally Birdman will be a valuable asset to the deck. It returns one monster I control to the hand to special summon itself. Which means that I can return a Merchant to my hand in order to search out something else I want. And its a tuner too! :O

Also, what are your thoughts on including De-Synchro in the deck? And I was also thinking about substituting Limiter Removal for Karakuri Gold Dust. Gold dust is safer and if I have 2 Burei on the field I can attack with one for 2600 and activate the dust and have the second one attack for 5200 and best of all I keep my monsters on the field incase my opponent pulls battle fader or swift scarecrow. I could also use it with Kuick in two ways: use it to power him up to get over a monster with lets say 2100 and allows me to pull something out of the graveyard. Second way is if Kuick is able to pull strategist out, strategist changes himself into attack, Then use gold dust to make him into a temporary 2200 beatstick.

Last edited by Metalgolem on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

Karakuri Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karakuri Advice   Karakuri Advice EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 9:14 am

Lol whoops. I meant a cost less dark bribe.

Also. Do not take out limiter remover! That wins games
Back to top Go down
Metalgolem

Metalgolem

Karakuri Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karakuri Advice   Karakuri Advice EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 12:02 pm

There ya go Razz But as to my suggestion of Limiter Removal and Gold Dust, Limiter removal can finish games yes, but Gold dust has almost the same potential with 0 draw back, allowing me to use it to get over stronger monsters that have both high defense and attack. Right now though, I'm not using either :/
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

Karakuri Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karakuri Advice   Karakuri Advice EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 12:06 pm

limiter is better cuz it DOUBLES the atk and u can use it with all machine (so with machina or cyber as well) Smile
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
Metalgolem

Metalgolem

Karakuri Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karakuri Advice   Karakuri Advice EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 12:14 pm

Yes yes I know that, Limiter has won me a few games, but all the other times it was a dead draw
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Karakuri Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karakuri Advice   Karakuri Advice EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 1:10 pm

De synchro is not a good tech sorry :S and about the solemn, I think he means this card http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Borrowed_Karakuri_Storage

I'M working on the karakuri ultimate offering deck btw Smile I will post a build pretty soon

Btw de wynchro is not really good. It is funy and all but, not consistent Sad

And I dont know how Limiter can be such a dead draw, unless you have no machines on the field or in hand but this is a machine deck ! and karakuris swarms a lot so dont get rid of it Wink
Back to top Go down
Metalgolem

Metalgolem

Karakuri Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karakuri Advice   Karakuri Advice EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:29 pm

>.> Hope you give me some credit on that Ultimate Offering variant lol. How is the deck coming along?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Karakuri Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karakuri Advice   Karakuri Advice EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 2:13 pm

still testing but next week the deck will be posted in a deck profile, and eyah you will have credits OFC Wink
Back to top Go down
Metalgolem

Metalgolem

Karakuri Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karakuri Advice   Karakuri Advice EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 10:23 am

Woohoo lol Razz did you consider putting in Genex Ally Birdman for it? Heres a few strategies I came up with if hes in the deck with Ultimate Offering being up:
Merchant (searches merchant) > merchant (searches last merchant) > merchant (gets castle or a monster) Then use Birdman to return one to your hand > replays merchant (gets the 2nd castle (incase you have a synchro in graveyard) or another monster).
And with Birdman also being a tuner, you have acess to cards like:
Genex Ally Axel: Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to select 1 Level 4 or lower Machine-Type monster from your Graveyard, and Special Summon it. The ATK of that monster is doubled until the End Phase, but it cannot attack your opponent directly. Remove that monster from play during your End Phase.
Genex Ally Triforce: This card gains the following effects based on the Attributes of the non-Tuner monsters monsters used in this card's Synchro Summon: ● EARTH: If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate any Spell/Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step. ● FIRE: If this card destroys a monster by battle, inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's ATK. ● LIGHT: Once per turn, you can select 1 LIGHT monster in your Graveyard and Set it in face-down Defense Position.

Axel helps us synchro more (cause we don't do that enough as it is) and Triforce makes it safe to attack
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Karakuri Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karakuri Advice   Karakuri Advice EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 1:24 pm

Sounds good, I'm gonna try making my own version of this, though I won't do a profile of it. Btw, metal, when are you gonna get tested? O.o
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Karakuri Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karakuri Advice   Karakuri Advice EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 6:02 pm

ok guys, I made a beta version of the deck, Its untested yet so it can suck Razz but wana post it to see what you guys thinkk of it

Monsters 15

3 Karakuri Merchant
3 Karakuri Strategist
1 Karakuri Watch dog
1 Karakuri Kuick
1 Karakuri Haipa
3 Karakuri Soldier
3 Aly Genex Birdman

Spells 17

3 Karkauri Cash Cache
2 Karakuri anatomy
1 Mind control
2 Enemy controler
2 POD
1 Trunade
2 MST
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
2 Instant fusion

Traps 8

2 Warning
2 Seven Tools
1 MF
1 COTH
2 Ultimate Offering
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Karakuri Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karakuri Advice   Karakuri Advice EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:53 am

It seems to me that the 2nd Duality could stop synchros at crucial moments, and even stop birdman. Personally, I'd take 1 out for Magic Planter, you draw two from sending Ultimate to the grave when your done with it.

EDIT: I don't know if you know this, but there's a karakuri that let's u summon an extra karakuri once per turn. The best part is that it's a lvl 3 tuner :O. Check it out(btw it's out in the new J_Project, don't know about KC):

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Karakuri_Komachi_mdl_224_%E2%80%9CNinishi%E2%80%9D
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Karakuri Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karakuri Advice   Karakuri Advice EmptySun May 01, 2011 8:58 am

Duality gets your offering and keeps tha hands consistent thats why I use it even in ynchro decks. Now for Konami, the card is very good, got mines at the sneak peak yesterday but didn't put them in the build cuz I made this dck on KC XD
Back to top Go down
Metalgolem

Metalgolem

Karakuri Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karakuri Advice   Karakuri Advice EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:55 pm

Glad to see putting in Birdman is a good idea Razz Your version of the deck seems pretty good, although I would have to follow Frost and only use 1 POD (even though there is no chance I'd get one in real life lol (donate plz Razz)). I wouldn't be too worried about testing it out since the Archtype is getting "Ninishi" (the extra normal summon), "Nanashick" (the lvl 5 with draw power), Cash Shed (the Dark Bribe). With those cards coming out, some adjustments to your version I would suggests is:
-3 Strategist (New better lvl 3 tuner)
-1 pod
-1 Enemy Controller
-2 Seven Tools (put in the Cash Sheds) Love how it went from a OCG common to a TCG super rare -_-
+1 Nanashick
+1 Sazank
Back to top Go down
TinyCrash

TinyCrash

Karakuri Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karakuri Advice   Karakuri Advice EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:10 pm

Edit. Scorps says : I tested the karakuri with TinyCrash and it needs 1 Shinkuro. This is the reason why : Scorp Karakuri OTK.This combo works in early game, its an alternatif for OTK in early game. With Ultimate offering on the field summon merchant, get a merchant then summon merchant and get another merchant. Summon merchant and get Cash cache and activate it and get 1 of the 2 missing pieces, which are watchdog or shinkuro. If you need both, use Birdman effect and summon merchant again to get Cash Cache and get the missing pieces. Summon watchdog, synchro watchdog and 2 merchants for Colossal Fighter. Shinkuro and merchant for Armory arm. This combo can cost you 2000-2500 life points. Btw Scorp doesnt have internet for the moment so you called me so that I can replie for him XD
Back to top Go down
Metalgolem

Metalgolem

Karakuri Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karakuri Advice   Karakuri Advice EmptyMon May 02, 2011 4:56 pm

I'm not seeing your a reason for adding a Shinkuro to the deck :/ Care to explain further?
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Karakuri Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karakuri Advice   Karakuri Advice EmptyMon May 02, 2011 11:13 pm

Maybe to get some level six synchos in the deck, since most of the time, karakuri synchro level 7 or 8.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Karakuri Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karakuri Advice   Karakuri Advice EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:04 am

you guys dont know the colosal fighter + armory arm otk o.0 ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Karakuri Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karakuri Advice   Karakuri Advice Empty

Back to top Go down

Karakuri Advice
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next