Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeJunk Doppel   ~Old School Style~ I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Junk Doppel ~Old School Style~

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DiStar

DiStar

Junk Doppel   ~Old School Style~ Empty
PostSubject: Junk Doppel ~Old School Style~   Junk Doppel   ~Old School Style~ EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 9:17 am

Now I'm sure some people are wondering what I mean in the title; So I'll explain.

Some time back in the day a long time ago ( Mist appears ), Before LS and the like ( Hard to imagine right? ), Decks ran engines within engines to succeed in making combo's work. Now granted this isn't a new concept, but I wanted to take a old Approach to doing a deck and show it can still work Razz

I'll show the Deck First Before explaining anything else.

Monsters ~20~

Armageddon Knight X1
Gale X1
Cyber Dragon X2
D-Hero Diamond Dude X1 -1
D-Hero Malicious X2
DoppelWarrior X2
E-Hero Stratos X1
Junk Synchron X3
Krebons X2
Mystic Tomato X2
PSZ X1
Psychic Commander X1
Sangan X1

Spells ~12~

Allure X1
BOM X1
Dark Hole X1
D-Draw X1
E-Tele X1
Foolish Burial X1
Mind Control X1
Monster Reborn X1
MST X2
Rota X1
Tuning X1

Trap ~8~

COTH X1
D-Prison X2
Seven Tools X1
Mirror X1
Warning X2
Limit Reverse X1 +1

Extra Deck ~15~

Fortress Dragon X1
Catastor X1
Ancient Fairy Dragon X1
Black Rose Dragon X1
Brionic X1
Colossal Fighter X1 *
Junk Archer X1
Junk Destroyer X1
Junk Warrior X2
Scrap Dragon X1
Stardust Dragon X2
Thought Ruler Archfiend X1
Trishula X1

*Want to take out for a 2nd Destroyer...do I really need colossal? ( Attack boost is nice but does that justify the use? )

Now, What I ment by old is the card being used in the deck. Generally Milling decks are the way to go when looking to run quickly and get what you need in the grave. For me though..I DO like Plant Decks and decks that mill to work..but it is also VERY Inconsistent and depends more on luck than strategy at times.

My solution to that is taking the old school approach and let what you search and dump be dependent on you and not luck of what comes off the top of your deck.

My only issue with a Older deck like this is the issue of Excess of monsters. Now all Monsters in the deck serve a purpose...but the issue comes in not leaving much room for Spells & Traps ( So the freedom usually had in current decks this format with small monsters isn't a luxury in this form of deck..so you have to fit the best cards you can with every spot )

Funny enough though..this deck can actually pull out Axon Kicker Easily ( As the psychics in it serve that use..probably just replace Gale w/ a 2nd Commander ). Regardless though, I was curious what peoples opinions were of the deck and how they feel about Older format builds fit with newer format cards.

P.S- I actually hate my Trap Line-up..as I would like to add a Limit Reverse and A 2nd Seven Tools..but again..with space...I have to settle on alot of cards..and struggle on what to take out.

Last edited by DiStar on Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Junk Doppel ~Old School Style~   Junk Doppel   ~Old School Style~ EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:43 am

Interesting deck. I like It Very Happy

you can cut on 1 Diamond Dude to egt space for a nother trap. I usualy run only 1. If D Draw becomes a dead draw, Trow it with Brio and thats it, You can also make a zero deck out of this :O but lets keep it your way

I will suggest to take out 1 diamond for a Linmit reverse Wink

Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

PostSubject: Re: Junk Doppel ~Old School Style~   Junk Doppel   ~Old School Style~ EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 5:41 am

Is a good idea, I wasn't sure if I wanted to use two or not as I usually find most do a 2-2 ratio with Mali//DD. I see what you mean though.

The idea for the deck is honestly taking a old school approach to making a deck. I recall back in the day when you would see alot of limit reverse, caius, rescue cat, lonefire to dandy plays and E-tele during Tele-Dad as a staple to quick sync with the classic Mali play from the grave.

Now I don't know how well it would work in the current format, but I find it can be consistent as unlike milling; you have direct control of what is being sent to the grave; so you don't need luck and you can unsure all your crucial tech cards stay in your deck for you to draw into.

Anyone is welcome to try the deck if they want and see what I mean; You may like it,lol..

I Also agree with Zero being possible with the deck, but I would have to modify the deck then to do that. Also It could be slightly modified to fit in CS If I had another light or two.

On a side note; I miss Rescue Cat Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Junk Doppel ~Old School Style~   Junk Doppel   ~Old School Style~ Empty

Back to top Go down

Junk Doppel ~Old School Style~
Page 1 of 1