Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeStardust Dragon/Assault Mode I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode Empty
PostSubject: Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode   Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:22 am

Fix where necessary please. I think old SD/AM could work great in this format where monsters don't seem to stay alive long, he's a nice surprise with his massive attack and negating power. I need to perfect my build though. I'm wondering if Instant Fusions are even worth it since I only have 3 tuners ATM. Plus I want to add Stun/7tools and another pod

Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode (40)
       Monsters: (19)
Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode x2
Flamvell Firedog x3
Flamvell Magician x3
Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter x3
Super-Nimble Mega Hamster
Gravekeeper's Spy x3
Assault Beast x3
Summoner Monk
       Spells: (12)
Monster Reborn
Dark Hole
Giant Trunade
Book Of Moon
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Rekindling x3
Pot Of Duality
Instant Fusion x2
       Traps: (9)
Mirror Force
Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Torrential Tribute
Solemn Judgment
Solemn Warning x2
Assault Mode Activate x2
       Extra: (15)
Stardust Dragon x3
Colossal Fighter
Scrap Dragon
Red Dragon Archfiend
Black Rose Dragon
Arcanite Magician
Brionac Dragon Of The Ice Barrier
Gaia Knight The Force Of Earth
Ally Of Justice Catastor
Magical Android
Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
Kamionwizard x2
       Other Possible Cards:
Neo Flamvell Hedgehog
Gorz The Emmisary Of Darkness
Charge Of The Light Brigade
Pot Of Duality
Trap Stun
Seven Tools Of The Bandit
Call Of The Haunted
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode   Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 9:17 pm

I'm un-sure how effective the old tried and true method your using still runs in this current meta. If you kept that build I would make some tweaks obviously.

-3 ryko
-1 Hamster
-1 Spy
-2/3 AB
-1 Rekindling
-1 POD

+2 Cyber
+1 Gale
+2 Psychic Commander
+1 Mind Master
+1 E-Tele
+1 Mind Control

Even then though you need more room to fit in a way to return SD/AM to the deck if you draw him...which as we all know..is rather frustrating. I had a few more fix's beyond those listed for traps and such and even tried quick-testing a deck on DS..but the issue came up of simply not having enough space to fit all the needed cards.
Plus...the deck was flat out..to slow.. ( POD hurts as you can't use firedogs effect..instant fusion..e-tele..cyber dragon SS, Summoner Monk..Plus you waste a turn to simply add one card to your hand )

A Suggestion Would be maybe trying out the Dragunities to get out AM Faster. Plus the deck itself runs quicker and gives you more options so you are not having to slow play Firedogs and run things over..or waste your whole hand to get out SD and hoping AMA goes through...plus with no draw power in that deck..burning your hand for SD just kills you..( Happened often while testing )

Of course though I wouldn't give a suggestion without being helpful and not posting a deck; So here ya go

Monsters 16

Akyls X2
Legionnaire X3
Dux X3
Phalanx X3
Mystleainn X2 *
SD/AM X2
Assault Beast X1 **

Spells 16

BOM X1
COC X2
Dark Hole X1
Ravine X3
Reborn X1
MST X2
POA X1
Terraforming X3
Magical Mallet X2 ***

Traps 8

Assault Mode Activate X3
BTH X1
Dust Tornado X1
Seven Tools X1
Warning X2

* Testing as a back-up sync for SD if Dux Fails or you have a Lone Legionnaire left after a aklys pitch ( Hopefully Sniping a good backrow with Aklys for good measure )

** Thin the deck one card and helps search out AMA in a pinch.

*** A Way to return SD/AM, Which your deck didn't have I noticed. Plus it can help a Dead starting hand if you don't manage to pull Ravine or a Terra for some reason.

I've play-tested the deck some and it works ok for the most part and found the SD/AM tech doesn't slow the deck really and you can usually pull off AM in most games. Just bare in mind to not let AM become your total focus for the deck; Winning is,lmao...Sounds silly..but if you need to pitch SD/AM in your hand or AMA to search for a Legionnaire/Dux because you need it..then do it; Just think of SD/AM as complementary to the deck. ( POA can return SD/AM anyhow..and you got 3 AMA...so who cares, right? )

Also, The Trap line-up reflects that thought process...as I assume SD/AM will cover you where you give up space for Mirror, D-Prison,etc and protection.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode   Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 5:39 am

Well I usually don't like scrapping whole builds for a different build but...Dragunities actually make a lot of send lol. Usually I don't draw AM, but sometimes I did, and with milling I sometimes would mill it. But no milling with dragunities, and I can always pitch it for Ravine if I need to, plus Dragunities are faster and very consistantly get out SD. Imma try it with some changes to the trap lineup, and also, especially bc of Ravine, I don't think I need Mallet. thanks distar! When I get a chance to test it I'll post my results
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode   Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 2:46 pm

Np, You can dump the mallets if you like. It's ONLY purpose is to keep SD/AM live in the deck; if you want to sure up your trap line-up; then by all means do that instead.

And again,..I really didn't want to scrap your deck idea as I hate to knock a person's idea or desired build..but after literally trying different set up's from simple deck testing..the speed just wasn't there..and you can't force speed when a deck just doesn't have it. I think the build you were going for worked when the format was a bit slower...but now and against decks i tested against..it was WAY to slow for Heros, Dragunities, Six Sam, Machina, and Disaster Dragon ( Play tested a few more decks..but those are ones off the top my head ).

I would also see wether you need the Mystleainn or not as it's not used in regular dragunity decks much anymore; but I simply threw it in as a Secondary way to get out a Level 8 in case Dux Failed; But thats only if your going for AM in the duel; otherwise you can replace him if you feel you get him out enough already without him.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode   Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 4:35 pm

Yeah bc it's the ONLY thing it does I don't feel it's worth it. Flamvells without SDAM are actually quite good...sadly though, the meta is against them this format. They must run a higher count of monsters to work and usually ls too so not only does that hurt the consistancy normally but gk destroy it with Necrovalley and Royal Tribute. So I still think they're worth playing semi-competitively, but SDAM only hurts the consistancy. Dragunity are great this format plus they fix the problem of AM being dead sometimes. If I can't use him I can just get rid of him. As for Mystletain I actually like him even in normal Dragunity lol. I may drop him but I still like him so why not have him? And like you said he's a backup if I can't get Dux for AM
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode   Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 4:49 am

Hilarious...Saw a guy posting a build today that is basically a mirror of the one I gave you aside from going no Mystleainn and used 2X AB instead of one,lmao...

Though I would add he didn't use mallets either to add more tech ( Which I understand ).

Guy is looking for any R/F's before regionals as it tested well at his locals, xD

Wonder if I'm on to something here,o0 Haha..
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode   Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 6:05 am

I think you are haha. It's a great idea, I can't wait to test the build out. I can't get upstairs to my pc though right now because I just had knee surgery last week Sad. I should soon though and when I test it I'll let you know what I think and if I change anything. I'm thinking I would like more Assault Beasts though. I suppose I could cut back on the traps a little to do so but idk if I want to. Maybe I'll drop te Mystletains if I end up not liking them. Here's my changes from the build you gave:
       Monsters: (16)
Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode x2
Dragunity Dux x3
Dragunity Legionnaire x3
Dragunity Phalanx x3
Dragunity Akyls x2
Dragunity Mystletain x2
Assault Beast
       Spells: (15)
Monster Reborn
Dark Hole
Giant Trunade
Book Of Moon
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Dragon Ravine x3
Terraforming x3
Cards Of Consonance x2
Pot Of Avarice
       Traps: (9)
Mirror Force
Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Torrential Tribute
Solemn Judgement
Solemn Warning x2
Assault Mode Activate x2
       Extra: (15)
Trident Dragon
Stardust Dragon x3
Scrap Dragon
Colossal Fighter
Black Rose Dragon
Brionac Dragon Of The Ice Barrier
Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana x3
Ally Of Justice Catastor
Magical Android
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode   Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 6:26 am

Interesting.

Then let me Share the Build the Guy I saw proposed ( which is testing ok on DS...one game got out 2 SD/AM and a single SD on the field Via 3 Dux over 3 turns...Ultimate Wall?,lol.. ), Which like I said..was pretty close to mine pretty much aside from a few changes.

Monsters ~ 15 ~

Aklys X2
Dux X3
Legionnaire X3
Phalanx X3
Assault Beast X2
SD/AM X2

Spells ~ 14 ~

BOM X1
Dark Hole X1
Ravine X3
Terraforming X3
Giant Trunade X1
Monster Reborn X1
MST X2
POA X2

Traps ~ 11 ~

Assault Mode Activate X3
D-Prison X2
Mirror X1
Seven Tools X2
Solemn X1
Warning X2

Extra Deck ~ 15 ~

(Standard..nothing fancy here )

Easy changes were taking out the Mystlieann as frankly I came up with the deck in one day..so they were simply test monsters. Same as the mallets being taken out, and I understand that one as mallets//Card Trader//GGHK was really for slower decks to recycle SD/AM..which this deck actually doesn't need.

The Person's Side Deck was interesting though; To Change things up he sides out into a Red Nova Build,o0

How he does it is actually rather easy as he techs in 2 Archfiends in the extra deck and 2 Nova; then add's Inferno Reckless summon to use with phalanx. <--Amazing idea...use inferno when you de-equip him from Vandj~ to pull the other two. Sync into Red Dragon...Then sync directly into Nova right after and your looking at a 5k beater minimum due to the 3 phalanx in the grave now.

With a strong deck like this; Plus a Red Nova switch off; Can you imagine the annoyance you would give your opponent? xD

P.S- I Hope your knee gets feeling better soon Mate :S

EDIT- Forgot to mention. The side deck to use Nova would take out both assault beasts, Both Sd/AM, and all 3 AMA. Then you would tech in both RDA and Nova in the extra deck. Add 2 Inferno and 2 Mystelieann ( Important as inferno needs to be used off phalanx de-equiping off a lvl a lvl 6 to ensure the double sync to RDA straight to Nova ) then you can add in w/e else to fill room..like mind crush; dust tornado's,etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode   Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1