Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSeptember 2013 Banlist? I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

September 2013 Banlist?

Go down 
+4
BliTz
NoUserName
Harper7000
NotSoGallantGallade
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

September 2013 Banlist? Empty
PostSubject: September 2013 Banlist?   September 2013 Banlist? EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 8:43 am

NOTE: EDITED TO REFLECT THE TCG LIST FOR SEPTEMBER 1ST TO DECEMBER 31ST, 2013.

Banned:
Burner, Dragon Ruler of Sparks
Reactan, Dragon Ruler of Pebbles
Stream, Dragon Ruler of Bubbles
Lightning, Dragon Ruler of Drafts
Card Destruction
Elemental Hero Stratos
Spellbook of Judgment
Super Rejuvenation
Solemn Judgment
Ultimate Offering
Number 16: Shock Master
Gateway of the Six
Heavy Storm
Monster Reborn
Pot of Avarice

Limited:
Atlantean Dragoons
Brotherhood of the Fire Fist – Spirit
Deep Sea Diva
Genex Ally Birdman
Rescue Rabbit
Thunder King Rai-oh
Evigishki Mind Augus
Deloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier
Constellar Ptolemy M7
Dimensional Fissure
Gold Sarcophagus
Royal Tribute
Bottomless Trap Hole
Compulsory Evacuation Device
Eradicator Epidemic Virus
Macro Cosmos
Soul Drain
Torrential Tribute

Semi-Limited:
Mezuki
Plaguespreader Zombie
T.G. Striker
Fire Formation – Tenki
Dimensional Prison

No longer on list:
Destiny Hero – Malicious
The Agent of Mystery – Earth
Tsukuyomi
A Hero Lives
Black Whirlwind
E – Emergency Call
Hieratic Seal of Convocation
Pot of Duality
Scapegoat

Last edited by NotSoGallantGallade on Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Banlist?   September 2013 Banlist? EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 10:37 am

My thoughts:

Banned:

Chibi Dragons: I was wondering how they would hit Dragons, and I didn't think they would go as far as banning 4 very new cards, but it was probably the best choice. This makes it pretty hard to first turn XYZ, and they're not rewarded (too much) for overextending now that Rejuv is limited. The banish searching and the ability to go rank 7 still makes them good, as well as keeping the decks they have made better still better (i.e. Re-Soil Psychics).

Judgment: Why was this card even made? Promoting overextending is very bad for the game. Prophecy still have their tricks and can stay competitive by having answers to most anything (Fate is still a thing), but the unfairness factor goes way way down.

Limited:

Rooster: Kinda pointless. Searching helps a lot but I don't really like drawing this card anyway. I run 2 in 3 Axis and was thinking of dropping it to 1 bc Horse Prince is going to search it anyway and it will continually be revived by Spirit. It does hurt Fire Fist but not that much. Also 4 Axis is better.

Divine Wind: Harpie OTK I guess. Thought to my knowledge its hasn't been doing much of anything. And at 1 it will still happen, it just isn't the focus of the deck. So ok.

Birdman: Same as above, for Harpies.

Abyssteus: Good call

Shark: At first I was like WTF but that was before I saw Magician was unlmited. Wind-Ups have been doing nothing and Konami is trying to give them a chance to summon more, but still have less of a chance to go Magician + Shark first turn. Making them slightly more playable is a good thing.

Trishula: FUCK YES!! I was really pulling for Goyo or Trish to be unbanned this format. I always felt that Trish was banned just to promote XYZ. This gives synchro decks a better weapon, and I love that Konami isn't trying to make synchros irrelevant anymore, they gave us new cards like Star Eater, Vulcan, Armades. and Balmung, and now they're giving us back Trishula. Good job Konami.

Big Eye: This is the reason I thought Goyo could come back. Bc we have this thing which is a far more broken version of him, and it's disconcerting how easy it is for meta decks to make this thing. Being limited means that you don't have to be terrified of making boss monsters, you just have to have an answer. But having at least 1 makes Dragons still good.

Rejuvenation: I probably would have banned it but this is ok. Really, this card is either useless or highly abusable. There's not much of an in between. Right now it's abusable so it's a good hit.

Abyss-Sphere: I was wanting Megalo to get hit, but with 3 of these it makes it kinda pointless if he got semi'd. With Teus and Big Eye also at 1 it does hurt Mermails but they might still be really good. So...ok. We'll see what happens.

Semi-limited:

Bestiari: I'm torn. GB's haven't done much for a while but...meh. Making Gyzyarus more live is more of a problem than the S/T pop. But the S/T pop still does a lot, even in a format with Heavy and 3 MST and 3 Night Beam. And they have Chariot for effects. If they have to limit it again though they will, it's not going to take over the format in any case

Gorz: What? No. I get what they're trying to do. They're making meta less broken while strengthening control and discouraging OTK's with 2 Gorz. But I think he should always remain limited.

Mole: <3. Great card, not only is Konami hitting meta decks, but they're making control decks much more viable.

Black Whirlwind: FUCK YES AGAIN!! Even with 3 Kalut, Key Beetle, and new synchros out, BW haven't had a chance. Now with a slower format and a BWW back, they're solid Tier 2 imo. I think we could also have gotten back a Gale, but this is ultimately a better choice bc Gale just promotes overextending. BWW is a +1 that can SEARCH Gale, yes, but it just makes BW better at control, not at OTK. Which in a format with more control makes them both better and less unfair than if they had semi'd Gale. Also this makes it better to run Zeph, which in turn makes it easier to make Key Beetle, which is in turn more live with something face up to select.

Tsukoyomi: Didn't do anything at 1 or 2. Why not?

Magician: See Shark

Art: See Tsukoyomi

E-Emergency Call: The only reason this was semi'd was Hero hype and they ended up doing very little. Even though control will be much better now, this is fine.

Duality: Why the fuck was this ever semi limited? It's a perfectly balanced card and the only thing Konami hurt by semi'ing it was control decks. Thank you for realizing your mistake Konami.

Scapegoat: I'd really rather they hadn't done this. I haven't liked the other cards they've unlimited either, and while I don't see this doing much it still makes me nervous. Plasma is a thing now though, especially now that Heroes are good again.

Mirror Force: Again, helps control, but I'm not sure anyone will actually run 3. As weird as it is for a veteran player like me to see this go to 3, I haven't liked running it at all lately, even as a MF fan. It just doesn't do enough against the meta, especially anything that makes Rank 7. So this is fine.

Final Format Grade by Harper: B+, if not A-.
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Banlist?   September 2013 Banlist? EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:19 am

Harper7000 wrote:
My thoughts:

Banned:

Chibi Dragons: I was wondering how they would hit Dragons, and I didn't think they would go as far as banning 4 very new cards, but it was probably the best choice. This makes it pretty hard to first turn XYZ, and they're not rewarded (too much) for overextending now that Rejuv is limited. The banish searching and the ability to go rank 7 still makes them good, as well as keeping the decks they have made better still better (i.e. Re-Soil Psychics).

Judgment: Why was this card even made? Promoting overextending is very bad for the game. Prophecy still have their tricks and can stay competitive by having answers to most anything (Fate is still a thing), but the unfairness factor goes way way down.
I like the Judgment hit, though I wish that they had done something else to Prophecy (could be minor, but I just really don't like the way that deck is designed). The way they hit Dragons was really interesting, but I'm not gonna contest it much. Gonna have to fill in a slot in my Psychics, though, since I gotta take my Reactan out.

Harper7000 wrote:
Limited:

Rooster: Kinda pointless. Searching helps a lot but I don't really like drawing this card anyway. I run 2 in 3 Axis and was thinking of dropping it to 1 bc Horse Prince is going to search it anyway and it will continually be revived by Spirit. It does hurt Fire Fist but not that much. Also 4 Axis is better.

Divine Wind: Harpie OTK I guess. Thought to my knowledge its hasn't been doing much of anything. And at 1 it will still happen, it just isn't the focus of the deck. So ok.

Birdman: Same as above, for Harpies.

Abyssteus: Good call

Shark: At first I was like WTF but that was before I saw Magician was unlmited. Wind-Ups have been doing nothing and Konami is trying to give them a chance to summon more, but still have less of a chance to go Magician + Shark first turn. Making them slightly more playable is a good thing.

Trishula: FUCK YES!! I was really pulling for Goyo or Trish to be unbanned this format. I always felt that Trish was banned just to promote XYZ. This gives synchro decks a better weapon, and I love that Konami isn't trying to make synchros irrelevant anymore, they gave us new cards like Star Eater, Vulcan, Armades. and Balmung, and now they're giving us back Trishula. Good job Konami.

Big Eye: This is the reason I thought Goyo could come back. Bc we have this thing which is a far more broken version of him, and it's disconcerting how easy it is for meta decks to make this thing. Being limited means that you don't have to be terrified of making boss monsters, you just have to have an answer. But having at least 1 makes Dragons still good.

Rejuvenation: I probably would have banned it but this is ok. Really, this card is either useless or highly abusable. There's not much of an in between. Right now it's abusable so it's a good hit.

Abyss-Sphere: I was wanting Megalo to get hit, but with 3 of these it makes it kinda pointless if he got semi'd. With Teus and Big Eye also at 1 it does hurt Mermails but they might still be really good. So...ok. We'll see what happens.
-Told ya on DN, but it's a solid hit but not a pointless one. It really just stops the abuse of him, takes out a bit of the consistency he provides, etc. I'm fine with bitchslapping him to one, though it is a bit of an odd hit.

-I'm all for striking down these FTKs, so good on them here. I like these preventative hits a lot. Also, this will help stop people from THROWING BIRDMAN INTO EVERY DECK EVER. Seriously, I don't think there is an archetype out there that hasn't had someone go "I bet Birdman wuld b awsum in here!!!1!1"

-Intriguing hit, but hey, they had to take Mermails down a notch and this was one of the best options. This plus the Abyss-Sphere limit actually makes for something very solid in terms of their balance, esp. with Megalo and Dragoons intact.

-Wind-Ups more playable (with Magi unlimit)? Yes please!

-Eh. I'm interested to see how this plays out, especially when Shadow Specters releases and a slight Plant revival occurs with that Xyz and all. I'm not a huge fan of bringing any Synchros back, but I'd rather have this one back than Goyo, for sure. >_>

-Good limit. Not much to say here.

-With how they hit Dragon Rulers, I'm perfectly content with a limit here. There was no need for the ban with what they did.

Harper7000 wrote:
Semi-limited:

Bestiari: I'm torn. GB's haven't done much for a while but...meh. Making Gyzyarus more live is more of a problem than the S/T pop. But the S/T pop still does a lot, even in a format with Heavy and 3 MST and 3 Night Beam. And they have Chariot for effects. If they have to limit it again though they will, it's not going to take over the format in any case

Gorz: What? No. I get what they're trying to do. They're making meta less broken while strengthening control and discouraging OTK's with 2 Gorz. But I think he should always remain limited.

Mole: <3. Great card, not only is Konami hitting meta decks, but they're making control decks much more viable.

Black Whirlwind: FUCK YES AGAIN!! Even with 3 Kalut, Key Beetle, and new synchros out, BW haven't had a chance. Now with a slower format and a BWW back, they're solid Tier 2 imo. I think we could also have gotten back a Gale, but this is ultimately a better choice bc Gale just promotes overextending. BWW is a +1 that can SEARCH Gale, yes, but it just makes BW better at control, not at OTK. Which in a format with more control makes them both better and less unfair than if they had semi'd Gale. Also this makes it better to run Zeph, which in turn makes it easier to make Key Beetle, which is in turn more live with something face up to select.
-I'm not torn. Well, I'm torn up, imagining all the Glad Beast fanboys coming out of the goddamn woodworks, but not torn. More an annoyance than anything else, but, I mean, really, it's pretty damn annoying. XD

-I agree with your point (well, the discouraging OTKs point). He should be limited... he should really stay limited.

-GRAND MOLEEEEEEEE~
Haha, time to build Rock Stun again.

-I say Blackwings are Tier 3 with this boost, but it's better than them basically being Tier 4 before. Gives them some potential, esp. with Key Beetle giving them some help, but I think they're just plain outdated by this point. If I'm going to build a deck based off an old, DARK archetype, I'd probably rather build GKs (Royal. F***ing. Tribute). Key Beetle has more synergy there anyways, in terms of what it could protect.

Harper7000 wrote:
Tsukoyomi: Didn't do anything at 1 or 2. Why not?

Magician: See Shark

Art: See Tsukoyomi

E-Emergency Call: The only reason this was semi'd was Hero hype and they ended up doing very little. Even though control will be much better now, this is fine.

Duality: Why the fuck was this ever semi limited? It's a perfectly balanced card and the only thing Konami hurt by semi'ing it was control decks. Thank you for realizing your mistake Konami.

Scapegoat: I'd really rather they hadn't done this. I haven't liked the other cards they've unlimited either, and while I don't see this doing much it still makes me nervous. Plasma is a thing now though, especially now that Heroes are good again.

Mirror Force: Again, helps control, but I'm not sure anyone will actually run 3. As weird as it is for a veteran player like me to see this go to 3, I haven't liked running it at all lately, even as a MF fan. It just doesn't do enough against the meta, especially anything that makes Rank 7. So this is fine.
-Yeah, pretty much. I'm interested to see if this has any impact though, because I feel like there's something out there that could or would actually take advantage of Tsuku at 3. But then, I'm also pretty tired right now.

-ARA at 3 is a bit meh, but it shouldn't have an impact... shouldn't.

-I'm fine with this, though I just don't like HEROs in general, but meh.

-It was semi'd because of OCG stuff and that it was a staple at 3 for so many decks and all. Also, the T-King reasoning of "We don't want you to open with it as much." I mean, it was a half-decent hit, and a minor one, as far as I'm concerned. I'm down with it coming back off though, obviously.

-I'm not sure about this, and I feel like this will have the largest impact of any change on this list that isn't a meta-nerfing. There's a LOT that can be done to take advantage of this shift, especially because this format looks a LOT slower. I definitely want to try to play Plasma Goats with this, though, or figure out other fun ways to utilize this (Shapesister + Scapegoat = Nat Beast/Barkion, for example). GOAT CONTROL 2013-14! XD

-Chain Beat could run 3. =P Really, though, I think this is perfectly fine... makes you wonder if BTH or Torrential will be next to come off. Interesting how the past few formats has seen a loosening on all these former staples...
Back to top Go down
NoUserName
NoUserName

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Banlist?   September 2013 Banlist? EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 4:22 am

Darn, I was gonna article the crap out of this but I suppose Senor Absol has taken care of it.

Regardless, I have only a few comments on this list...

(Lol, only a few...)

3 Mirror Force? Like, idk Konami.....
2 Gorz?? Like, I really don't know Konami.....
2 Grand Mole??? Like, I really really don't know Konami.....
3 Scapegoat???? I never knew ye, Konami.
TRISH? asdfghjkl

Honestly, this is a list that punishes the a-holes that decided to spend money on Dragon Rulers and Spellbook of Judgment and rewards the young/bad/n00b/loyal/etc. players for being the underdogs. Honestly, I'd take this format over the current one ANY DAY OF MY LIFE. Blackwings, Glads, and finally my favorite tech card comes back to 2? If this is real, Konami has finally heard my cry to support the young/bad/n00b/loyal/etc. players. Good players can be good players with balanced decks, not broken decks. I've said it time and time again, it takes skill to play an archetype that doesn't instantly generate advantage and control "out of the blue", rather than having to work for it. I can't believe I'm saying this, (and I shudder at this statement...) but Dark Worlds and Six Samurai were balanced when compared to Dragon Ruler and Spellbooks this format. I do hate Mermail to an extent, but it takes a good player to know what to do in certain situations with that deck aka it's SOMEWHAT of a skill based deck. Sams and DWs too, decks like those have potential to wreck your opponent but can also get punished for over-extending or underplaying their hand. Spellbooks BEFORE Judgment were skill-based. But now, it's like anyone can pick up the deck, read what the cards do, make bad plays, and still generate so much advantage that they win and it wouldn't matter how bad the play actually was. Like, the format without Dragons and Judgment Spellbooks was quite balanced. I mean, freaking Grandsoil-Psychics won a YCS... that part of the format was very decent. I played Lightsworn for a while and I had no problem enjoying wining and losing. Just the other day, I had a match against Monarchs and it was an intense and long match. But in the end it was some kind of fun! But this format forced me to play Dark Worlds..... and though I've come to respect the deck, inconsistent hands and all, I would have rather played with something else. This format turned me into a DW-playing douchebag, and I'm okay with it now. This is coming from the guy that used to love Dragons.... so yeah.

F**k this format, bring it on Trishula.

EDIT: Grandsoil-Psychics almost won. There you go, I fixed it.
-.-

Last edited by NoUserName on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Banlist?   September 2013 Banlist? EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 4:33 am

I have but three replies here:

1. It's funny, because DW has been worse this format than it has been since the structure came out. If you wanted a budget deck for this format, Evilswarms and Constellars were available, and possibly even something like Redox Psychics (which I played for a couple months), which brings me to point 2...

2. Grandsoil Psychics finished second at that YCS, actually, not first (as much as I would have liked that). Also, that was not this past format, but the September 2012 YCS Toronto 2012, the first YCS of Sept. 2012. Sooooooooo get your shit straight. XD

3. You seem to be forgetting something: Blackwings, Glads, etc. still suck and are Tier 3 at best, even with this new support.

Ah yes, and September is always the bigger list, sooooo yeah. They're pretty much balancing the meta, pushing some new support, and giving heed to decks or cards that are years removed from relevance (also, with Gorz and Goats getting loosened, they're making it harder to OTK, etc). I wouldn't just look at Whirlwind/Besti to 2 and say "THEY'RE HELPING OUT NOOBS!" There are lurking factors everywhere beyond that generalization.
Back to top Go down
NoUserName
NoUserName

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Banlist?   September 2013 Banlist? EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 4:46 am

Man, I've been out of this game for a little too long. Considering my lack of activity, you should at least know that. But in regards to the Glad and BW players, I referenced them to the "loyal" category, not the N00b" category. Because "Whirlwind/Besti to 2, THEY'RE HELPING OUT NOOBS" isn't what I meant for those players at all.  I do neglect Fire Fists, Evilswarm, and everything else for the simple reason that they aren't my problem, nor are they anyone elses. Dragon and Spellbook are both the bigger issues here. That's all I'm really hammering down here. Down here in Florida, DWs are rarely played, so "worse" for you is like "godsend" to me because I only played it to murder Spellbooks with Erad and laugh about it after when they sided on me. Then game 2 and game 3 started to become a back-and-forth and control based sort of duel. Dragons were a much tougher thing to deal with, what with Big Eye and Dracossack being cards. I never said Blackwings and Glads were good either, I'm just okay with them getting support. The only thing I'm not okay with is E-Call going to 2 because we all know Heros have enough support as it is and this just gives them another top-deck.

This list is just iffy, but regardless still better than the format we had to deal with. Or at least that's what it's seeming like.

Also, I never said it was last format that Grandsoil-Psychics won (or almost won), I just said the format without Judgment and Dragon Rulers. Poopy face :p
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Banlist?   September 2013 Banlist? EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 4:59 am

NoUserName wrote:
Man, I've been out of this game for a little too long. Considering my lack of activity, you should at least know that. But in regards to the Glad and BW players, I referenced them to the "loyal" category, not the N00b" category. Because "Whirlwind/Besti to 2, THEY'RE HELPING OUT NOOBS" isn't what I meant for those players at all.  I do neglect Fire Fists, Evilswarm, and everything else for the simple reason that they aren't my problem, nor are they anyone elses. Dragon and Spellbook are both the advent issues here. That's all I'm really hammering down here. Down here in Florida, DWs are rarely played, so "worse" for you is like "godsend" to me because I only played it to murder Spellbooks with Erad and laugh about it after when they sided on me. Then game 2 and game 3 started to become a back-and-forth and control based sort of duel. Dragons were a much tougher thing to deal with, what with Big Eye and Dracossack being cards. I never said Blackwings and Glads were good either, I'm just okay with them getting support. The only thing I'm not okay with is E-Call going to 2 because we all know Heros have enough support as it is and this just gives them another top-deck.

This list is just iffy, but regardless still better than the format we had to deal with. Or at least that's what it's seeming like.

Also, I never said it was last format that Grandsoil-Psychics won (or almost won), I just said the format without Judgment and Dragon Rulers. Poopy face :p
This is very true (although the Glad fanbase is just a different story altogether. Let's not even go there. Razz ). I feel like the whole "helping people loyal to those decks" thing is ancillary at best, though, when it comes to their intentions. It's pretty much a matter of loosening things because the impact they will have is muted at best.

I honestly prefer playing against Dragons, though part of that is that Psychics have a better matchup against them IMO because of Jumper, etc. Spellbooks and their searching out the wazoo is just stupid IMO. Poor design to let them have such free reign like that.

HEROs, however, are still probably the most linear, basic deck anywhere near the meta. They shouldn't be an issue even in a slowed-down format like this upcoming one.

I actually really like this list. This was the first list, iirc, that the TCG had a lot of input into it, and I think it's much much better than the possible alternatives. There are some nice hits on the list, a lot of balance, and it'll be interesting to see how Toronto shakes out. Also, last format wasn't all that bad. The only issue I had with it was Judgment and Spellbooks just searching out anything and everything thanks to it, but Dragon mirrors were intense as hell and there was a lot of diversity within decklists. People who hated it either had a vendetta against one of the meta decks or were just sad they couldn't rogue it up because the top tier was so head and shoulders above the rest. Just gotta buck up and move on, especially because this format has such an inane amount of diversity in deck types themselves, looking at what could contend. *shrug*

And by the way, you weren't clear on the Psychic YCS thing, so there. Be more specific. "Poopy face." :p
Back to top Go down
NoUserName
NoUserName

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Banlist?   September 2013 Banlist? EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:07 am

I do agree to definitely looking forward to the upcoming format. 3/4 axis Fire Fists, Constellar, Evilswarm, and even some rouge stuff. I wanna see decks like that be played and I want to see how people prepare for it in September. It'll just be a break from dueling "good players" with Spellbooks and Dragons. That's all I'm saying.

And yeah. I'll be a little more specific next time Poopy face :p
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Banlist?   September 2013 Banlist? EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:10 am

Just in case you think otherwise, Mermail is still a legit deck this format (though if Diva also gets hit to 1, Iunno). 3-axis and Mermail will be the two aggro decks amongst a ton of control. ^_^
Back to top Go down
NoUserName
NoUserName

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Banlist?   September 2013 Banlist? EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:15 am

I know Merms will still be some kind of relevant. I'm not very fond of them still, but 1 Sphere means Heavy Storm/MST is cool now lol.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Banlist?   September 2013 Banlist? EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 2:12 pm

NoUserName wrote:
Not being limited to dueling only Dragons and Prophecy in any kind of competitive setting anymore means Heavy Storm/MST is cool now lol.
FTFY

I think we can all agree that last format wasn't bad. It had some stuff that was too overpowered, but that's just how Konami makes money. All in all, it wasn't even that bad though. But now, in September, the bigger hit of the year comes into effect and now the format will be much better.

Btw, they didn't give more BW/GB support bc they want to reward players who like it (thought that may be part of it) but bc those cards don't have as much of an impact as they once did, so they don't need to take up space on the banlist.
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Banlist?   September 2013 Banlist? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 2:39 am

UPDATE!

Reasoning is unlimited, Chaos Sorcerer and Tenki to 2 (='( )
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Banlist?   September 2013 Banlist? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:15 pm

Reasoning: Sure. Not many uses for a one teched copy of Reasoning, but with 3 it opens up new engine possibilities

Chaos Sorcerer: I don't really see rank 6's being abused that much more with just 2 of him...idk though

Tenki:

September 2013 Banlist? Disappointment
Back to top Go down
NoUserName
NoUserName

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Banlist?   September 2013 Banlist? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 3:07 pm

That Tenki hit was pretty painful to see. I don't even play the deck and I know how that must feel...

On the bright side, I DO get 2 Chaos Sorc again. Smile
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Banlist?   September 2013 Banlist? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 6:30 pm

It is painful but I they aren't dead. Still tier 1 even imo. I think the meta will be:

Tier 1:

Fire Fist
Evilswarm
Constellar
Mermail
Dragon Ruler

Tier 2:

Prophecy
Infernity
Dragunity
Bujin

Something like that. Rock Stun, Karakuri (especially the Geargia variant), and some other stuff could maybe be Tier 2. And I may have forgotten some stuff.
Back to top Go down
BliTz

BliTz

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Banlist?   September 2013 Banlist? EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 11:04 am

well you're missing Glads or Blackwings on that list, but im pretty sure its going to be something crazy like Dragon plants or pseudo firefist/psychics thats gona end up making this format.

i think more than ever the techs or the side decks are going to end up deciding the matches Smile
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Banlist?   September 2013 Banlist? EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 1:01 pm

Glads and Blackwings are Tier 3 at best even with the changes. No way they get anything beyond maybe a stealth regional top a couple times at most and MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE something like a Day 2 or Top 32 or something at Toronto when the format is still getting figured out.

I dunno if there's gonna be anything too crazy, at least for the first half, because the format is slowing down so much, but we'll see. Also, that could be said a decent bit for last format, with the techs being put into the top two (esp. Rulers) and the evolution of the decks' skeletons (esp. Prophecy) being quite a sight.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Banlist?   September 2013 Banlist? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 4:31 pm

Blitz is here Surprised

Yep side will be harder to make now instead of:

3 Iron Wall
3 Deck Lockdown
3 Droll & Lock
3 Mind Drain
3 MST

You need to side mainly for your worst matchups and main stuff more generic. Which I like, and the format isn't TOO diverse now.

Blackwings and Glads are good dark horse decks but I don't see them doing a whole lot honestly like Gallade. Not that they can't but they just won't. I'm a BW player too so just being honest. Love that we have more support back though...GB's I'm not so thrilled with. I like playing them sometimes but their rabid fanbase is annoying -_-
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Banlist?   September 2013 Banlist? EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 2:14 pm

banned:
babies
stratos,
shock master
card destruction
gateway of six sam
heavy storm
monster reborn
pot of avarice
spellbook of judgment
super reju
solemn judg
ulti offering

limited:
atleantean dragoons
ff spirit
diva
genex birdman
rescue rabbit
thunder king
evigishki mind augus
dewloren
d fissure
gold sarc
royal tribute
bottomless
compuls
EEV
macro
soul drain
TT

semi:
mezuki
plg spreader
tg striker
tenki
d prison

unlimited:
d hero mali
agent earth
tsukuyomi
a hero lives
black whirl
e call
hieratic seal of conviction
pot of duality
scapegoat

official list from Sept till Dec (new format rule, 3 months for format)

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/index.html

Last edited by Vongola-x on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Banlist?   September 2013 Banlist? EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 3:41 pm

Just saw that... they fucking blew shit up... but 4-axis can live with 2 Tenki, Redox Psychics lost backrow to deal with, Vampires got a boost, and the ban of Heavy helps Chain Beat despite the trap hits, soooo I likey. XD
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Banlist?   September 2013 Banlist? EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 5:28 pm

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

Konami: "Lol let's hit everything we can think of for no reason."
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Banlist?   September 2013 Banlist? EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 5:32 pm

Harper7000 wrote:
What. The. Actual. Fuck.

Konami: "Lol let's hit everything we can think of for no reason."
Not that I'm going to list reasons for every single change, but I'm sure I could easily, and I'm sure they could as well. If you'd like me to try, I'll try and fit time into my schedule to do so. Razz 

I actually find this banlist pretty great, regardless of whether it hit my decks or not, though there are a couple things I meh'd at. But, I mean, at the very least, it banned Card D and Gateway and hit Royal Tribute. That right there is already a win for duelists everywhere. XD
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Banlist?   September 2013 Banlist? EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 6:06 pm

Oh guys, Compulsory is sooooooo broken bc at best it is a 0 in advantage. Better limit it. And Dewlorian and Mind Augus which have done absolutely nothing ever.

Ok, sarcasm aside, I'm not seeing what they're trying to accomplish here. Let's look at some specific things for a second shall we?

Banned:
Babies
Judgment

Limited:
Fire Fist Spirit
Dragoons

Semi:
Tenki

All of those cards came out THIS YEAR. Babies and Judgment were legal for all of a few months. But over here we have

Semi:
Mezuki
Plaguespreader
Striker

Unlimited:
Whirlwind
Mali
Earth
Convocation

All of which are old cards, some much older than others, all of which were abused enough to be put on this list. What's the message here? "Don't buy our new cards". It's hard for me to feel sorry for someone who beats me irl with Prophecy because they can afford it, but when they get Judgment for all of 2 months and spent $80 each on them and now their deck is nearing irrelevance just bc of that one hit, I almost do. Really, the card should never have existed, so of course it should be hit. But why hit them so immediately and then bring back old stuff that is also broken, if not quite to the same extent?

But also then randomly murder other dark horse stuff that's been around for a while...like heroes. Heroes are nothing without at least one Stratos. Nothing. But they were also doing close to nothing in the meta so...why?

And then hitting a bunch of traps...and banning Heavy. I can almost see how that would make sense except...there are other traps in yugioh. People will just shift to the next tier of slightly worse trap. Or just don't and max everything they hit. You don't need much more than 12 traps for a stunnish deck. That's why Heavy should always be at 1. People NEED to fear Heavy, that by far is the worst thing about this list. Besides the Heavy issue, the message here seems to be: "Use even older cards". Guess it's time to dust off those Trap Holes and Sakuretsu Armors! Sorry, I said I wouldn't be sarcastic.

I just don't see their reasoning in this. Konami loses and people who paid for the meta this format lose. On the surface it seems like they're willing to sacrifice this temporarily for the sake of the game but...it makes me afraid. Afraid that they will just make another card like Judgment or Gateway next format and it will be Tier 0 since almost EVERYTHING relevant was hit. Remember, with Rai-Oh at 1 and good traps hit hard, stun isn't a very viable option against something TRULY good like that. So basically Konami is putting us in a position where we're shit out of luck if they drop something like that again. And they can justify it by saying "It will only last 3 months!" Problem is this will happen over and over again until people rage quit this game entirely. This list may look good right now, it looks like they're trying to ban things that shouldn't have ever been made and prevent any chance of future loops or ftk (OfferingAugus and Dewlorian) but as soon as they want power creep to take over again, it will, and it will be far worse.
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Banlist?   September 2013 Banlist? EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 1:46 am

September 2013 Banlist? 561914_299833793492768_118385657_n

at least we get 4 banlists a year now
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
NoUserName
NoUserName

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Banlist?   September 2013 Banlist? EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 7:57 am

Harper7000 wrote:
What's the message here? "Don't buy our new cards". It's hard for me to feel sorry for someone who beats me irl with Prophecy because they can afford it, but when they get Judgment for all of 2 months and spent $80 each on them and now their deck is nearing irrelevance just bc of that one hit, I almost do. Really, the card should never have existed, so of course it should be hit. But why hit them so immediately and then bring back old stuff that is also broken, if not quite to the same extent?

But also then randomly murder other dark horse stuff that's been around for a while...like heroes. Heroes are nothing without at least one Stratos. Nothing. But they were also doing close to nothing in the meta so...why?

And then hitting a bunch of traps...and banning Heavy. I can almost see how that would make sense except...there are other traps in yugioh. People will just shift to the next tier of slightly worse trap. Or just don't and max everything they hit. You don't need much more than 12 traps for a stunnish deck. That's why Heavy should always be at 1. People NEED to fear Heavy, that by far is the worst thing about this list. Besides the Heavy issue, the message here seems to be: "Use even older cards". Guess it's time to dust off those Trap Holes and Sakuretsu Armors! Sorry, I said I wouldn't be sarcastic.

I just don't see their reasoning in this. Konami loses and people who paid for the meta this format lose. On the surface it seems like they're willing to sacrifice this temporarily for the sake of the game but...it makes me afraid. Afraid that they will just make another card like Judgment or Gateway next format and it will be Tier 0 since almost EVERYTHING relevant was hit. Remember, with Rai-Oh at 1 and good traps hit hard, stun isn't a very viable option against something TRULY good like that. So basically Konami is putting us in a position where we're shit out of luck if they drop something like that again. And they can justify it by saying "It will only last 3 months!" Problem is this will happen over and over again until people rage quit this game entirely. This list may look good right now, it looks like they're trying to ban things that shouldn't have ever been made and prevent any chance of future loops or ftk (OfferingAugus and Dewlorian) but as soon as they want power creep to take over again, it will, and it will be far worse.
You should get an award.

I agree 110 percent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 Banlist?   September 2013 Banlist? Empty

Back to top Go down

September 2013 Banlist?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next