Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 3 I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?

Go down 
+14
Ikki
patrickx31
Quincy99
lolnopound
j0hnb0i
Scorpion67
Vongola-x
The Crocodile
NotSoGallantGallade
Nuran
Snilly
darkness evil
NoUserName
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
NoUserName
NoUserName

99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 7:29 am

First topic message reminder :

Ban
BRIONAC
FUTURE FUSION

LIMITED
HORNET
DRAGONFLY
ULTIMATE OFFERING
REDEYES DARKNESS METAL DRAGON
TSUKUYOMI
CHAOS SORCERRER
GISHKI KRAKKEN
SPORE
ZENMIGHTY

SEMI LIMITED
TOURGUIDE
MIRROR FORCE
REASONING
A HERO LIVES
HIERATIC SEAL OF CONVOCATION
POT OF DUALITY
EMERGENCY CALL
BW KALUTE
RESCUE RABBIT
DEBRIS DRAGON
EARTH AGENT OF MYSTERY

CAN PLAY 3
NECRO GARDNA
MARSHMARRON
EMRGENCY TELEPORT
DESTENY DRAW
SWORD OF THE REVEALING LIGHT
LEVEL LIMIT AREA B
MAGIC CYLINDER

Now I know there are other topics concerning ban lists, but this had to be separated from the rest. This isn't a prediction of mine. This isn't some suggestion from someone I know. This list just happens to be one that was posted around, and I've been told that it's 99% confirmed. Now before you go nuts and start raging at this topic (though I'm THIS close to flipping a...... well, you know), It's been rumored that Satoshi Kato himself said this is what's to come. Names are names and all, and I know that one person doesn't justify what happens in this game, but idk. I mean he's only the first Japanese duelist to win a Shonen Jump Championship in America. Still, it doesn't justify anything, though when an Asian person says something, iI tend to believe it because it almost always comes true (lol). Still no word on whether or not he denies this claim, but.... um...... if it is indeed so, Konami eff'd up. They eff'd up BAD. The first word that appears after the word "Ban" will ensure my leave of YGO. WHY IN THE UNRIGHTEOUS NAME OF THE UNHOLY DIETY THAT LIVES IN THE DEPTHS OF THE CREVICES OF THE UNDERBELLY OF THE CESSPOOL OF THE MINUS REALM OF ZION WOULD KONAMI BAN BRIONAC? FOR WHAT EFFING PURPOSE?!?!?!?!?!?

*wipes sweat off of forehead, and with a long sigh*

Now that I'm done, I hope this is fake. This list is a hate list. It hates Inzektors, Chaos (again), Dragons (of most forms), Heros (why?) and AGAIN slaps the forehead of synchro artists. I know I didn't want Future Fusion to go, simply because I needed it, but i know it's leaving. Every list says so. But this ATROCITY must not come to light. Ever. If it does, I really don't know. Because I simply don't want to live in a world where Brio is banned for no reason.

On the bright side, Spore is back. Whoop-dee-doo.

.-.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 10:46 am

Ikki wrote:
Brionac's ban was simply to promote XYZs even more. It wouldn't surprise me if they banned another snychro come next format. Also as Gallade said, the new water support is going to make it even better. It was a justified (though preemptive) ban and I understand why they did it.
I disagree with them banning it simply to promote Xyz's more; why would they unban Spore and catalyze some talk about Synchrocentric Lite now, not to mention bringing Agent Earth up 1.

Ikki wrote:
Zenmaity being limited truly confuses me because I was fine with it at 3 if hunter was banned. XYZ spam is all the rage these days and it's funny that Zenmaity got hit but Laggia was no where to be found on the list.
1. It stops the loop and reduces crazy-ass spam from Wind-Ups, even though they can still OTK with just a Magician and Shark + 1 Zenmaity.

2. Because Laggia isn't the issue with that deck and isn't the right fix. Rescue Rabbit making Laggia so damn easy to get out, Tour Guide making Rabbit even more accessible and the derpy 3-4 backrow infamous for being quite uniquitous behind Laggia in Dino Rabbit are the real issues. Laggia shouldn't be hit, because he's not the problem, and a limit on him will hit decks like Evols, which aren't even on the radar being a Tier 3 deck, as collateral damage just because another deck happened to find a way to abuse him like a stereotypical prostitute in the 'hood.

Ikki wrote:

Ultimate Offering being limited to one doesn't hinder the XYZ capabilities of gadgets. The support that is due for them is on the way (Geargi Gant X & Tinplate Goldfish). There's still going to be support for the deck so people shouldn't fret.
It does hinder it in the vein of stopping crazy OTKing Xyz spam and broken shit with Offering. The fact that they're getting more support is even more reason to limit Offering.

Ikki wrote:

A few other cards make me scratch my head though. Magic Cylinder to three and Chaos Sorcerer to 1 made me facepalm. Boggles my mind that Konami chose to limit Sorceror but did nothing with BLS. Also burn decks will probably run ramped this format with Marshmellon and Cylinder at 3.
Konami always unlimits some cards that haven't much impact, and Cylinder falls under that. Good Chain Burn decks don't run Marshmallon as far as I know, and Magic Cylinder is marginally better than Dimension Wall, which some run if they need more than 2 Cylinders. They won't run RAMPANT (not ramped) any more than they did this past format.

Also, Chaos Sorcerer is actually very versatile, more so than BLS in some ways. Lv. 6 means overlaying for Strike Bounzer, etc... it can Synchro into, say, Arcanite with a Veiler or a Black Rose, or Stardust with a Lv. 2 Tuner. He can just pop out, banish a mon and then get used as fodder for something else, and being DARK gives him a lot of benefits elsewhere. I actually find BLS and Sorc both at 1 to be surprisingly logical.

Also, final note: I've seen a couple pros on DGz say that after testing in Satoshi.format, they would actually run Spore at 2, so the limit isn't that illogical.

Just my 2% of a US Dollar.
Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 3:03 pm

BANLIST IS CONFIRMED. I haz the scan:
99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 3 0e0f2803

Yay for lurking on DGz's banlist thread.
Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:37 pm

can we haz translation?

EDIT: nevermind i found it
Ban
FF
Brionac

Limited
Hornet
Dragonfly
Gshiki craken
Chaos sorcerror
Ultimate offering
Spore
Zenmighty
Tsukuyomi
Redeyes d metal

Semilimited
tour guide
Mirror force
Hieratic seal
Earth
Reasoning
Rabbit
Ecall
Hero lives
Duality
Kalute
Debris

unlimited
Teleport
Marshmaron
Necrogardna
D draw
Magic cylinder
Revealing Sword
Level limit area B

(stolen from Mkohl40)
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 8:23 pm

They could've hit more stuff , but all in all I'm pretty content with the list.
Back to top Go down
Snilly

Snilly

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:24 am

E-Tele to 3 cheers
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:56 am

Tele-DAD comes to mind. Also Plants and Agents might be playable again.
Maybe Stun Decks too, because Inzektors got killed and Rai-Oh ,D-Prison,etc. should be better now.
Back to top Go down
Snilly

Snilly

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 5:20 am

gutsberserk wrote:
Tele-DAD comes to mind. Also Plants and Agents might be playable again.
Maybe Stun Decks too, because Inzektors got killed and Rai-Oh ,D-Prison,etc. should be better now.

Or gusto/psychic decks.
Back to top Go down
Nuran

Nuran

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:19 am

Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:02 am

That's...not bad actually. I love Brio with all my heart but there's always dumb looping stuff you can do with him and apparently it makes atlanteans too powerful (haven't checked them out yet though). Future Fusion should have been banned last format at the very least. They were like "DIE DIE DIE" as they pounded Inzektors with a hammer. Sorc...stupid. It's fine at 3, just ban BLS already. Spore is an ok choice but it doesn't change much. i lol'd @ it being limited though. no one uses more than 1 anyway. Tsu i'd rather not come back but who cares. REDMD, good call, hits dragons more than just ff. Surprised a bit by Gustrake but don't care. Zen, about damn time, but they probably should have just banned Hunter and they wouldn't ever have to do anything to Wind Ups again. Still, progress. Offering...don't understand that but haven't been seeing what's new lately so maybe that'll be abused soon. I wouldn't think a semi'd Rabbit would be enough but it could be. Combined with TGU at 2 it makes Rabbit Laggia kinda meh. Same with TGU, would have preferred a limit but it's progress. Kalut Very Happy Very Happy it doesn't break BW by any stretch but it makes you fear Kalut as a possibility, and that's what bw needs. A little fear. I understand ecall but it's kinda sad. I expected a limit though honestly. earth:good, agents don't deserve to be dead. I've always loved Debris so it's good to see him at least at 2 now that plants are dead. Duality...wut? Why? Seal should have been limited too imo but i'm not unhappy with this. AHL i also understand but i never liked it in the first place so don't care. Reasoning isn't that good so sure. Mirror...sure. It's not as good as TT, especially these days. It's just weird to see TT and MF both at 2 as an old player who has seen them at 1 for so many years. Necro doesn't need to be limited or semi'd but it annoys me personally. I'm not going to argue with their logic but i just despise stalling cards and Lightsworn so it doesn't make me happy. Same with Marsh and Level Limit and Swords. 1 or 2 they could have unlimited but people are going to try stalling a lot more now. Is stall/burn it going to top? Heck no, but it'll be annoying, especially on DN. Cylinder is sorta the same story but I like it better than the others. It's a trolly card but more fun and it actually does something. I hesitate to approve the triple E-Tele and D-Draw, but...I do. The speed they will give will make it a fun format...or it could be derpy again, just in an old-fashioned way. I tend to think the former but only time will tell.

Total score for the new format: B
Result: Ladies and gentlemen...Harper is back in business Cool
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 1:36 pm

Harper7000 wrote:
Result: Ladies and gentlemen...Harper is back in business Cool

this is excellent news! =D
Back to top Go down
Draconus91

Draconus91

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 1:50 pm

this makes me sad... well gues i better start making the changes to my chaos dragons deck, -FF -2 ReDMD, -1 chaos sorcerer and no ff means no fgd... time to research some replacements...
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:16 am

Some suggestions for chaos dragons, Play more Darkflare, as for -2 redmd try Divine dragon Apocralyph
Back to top Go down
Draconus91

Draconus91

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:19 am

yeah ive got 2 darkflares so i guess they get bumped up to 3, and i already have 2 apocralyphs in it... one more shouldn't hurt though.

though on a lighter note i think my Dark World deck is gonna get a workout this format. and possibly my six sams.
Back to top Go down
coolchemist2001

coolchemist2001

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:24 pm

Awesome ban list. The 4 big decks got hit, no complains there. I don't understand what mirror is doing at 2, or did they forget that mirror wasn't used anymore because of inzekts/windups (both of which got hit)?
A hero what?
Stall decks be happy.
All in all, a way better list than last one's (but then, anything could've beaten the worst ban list in history).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Duelist's Den :: Yu-Gi-Oh! Forums :: Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG & OCG Discussions-
Jump to: