Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?

Go down 
+14
Ikki
patrickx31
Quincy99
lolnopound
j0hnb0i
Scorpion67
Vongola-x
The Crocodile
NotSoGallantGallade
Nuran
Snilly
darkness evil
NoUserName
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
NoUserName
NoUserName

99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 7:29 am

First topic message reminder :

Ban
BRIONAC
FUTURE FUSION

LIMITED
HORNET
DRAGONFLY
ULTIMATE OFFERING
REDEYES DARKNESS METAL DRAGON
TSUKUYOMI
CHAOS SORCERRER
GISHKI KRAKKEN
SPORE
ZENMIGHTY

SEMI LIMITED
TOURGUIDE
MIRROR FORCE
REASONING
A HERO LIVES
HIERATIC SEAL OF CONVOCATION
POT OF DUALITY
EMERGENCY CALL
BW KALUTE
RESCUE RABBIT
DEBRIS DRAGON
EARTH AGENT OF MYSTERY

CAN PLAY 3
NECRO GARDNA
MARSHMARRON
EMRGENCY TELEPORT
DESTENY DRAW
SWORD OF THE REVEALING LIGHT
LEVEL LIMIT AREA B
MAGIC CYLINDER

Now I know there are other topics concerning ban lists, but this had to be separated from the rest. This isn't a prediction of mine. This isn't some suggestion from someone I know. This list just happens to be one that was posted around, and I've been told that it's 99% confirmed. Now before you go nuts and start raging at this topic (though I'm THIS close to flipping a...... well, you know), It's been rumored that Satoshi Kato himself said this is what's to come. Names are names and all, and I know that one person doesn't justify what happens in this game, but idk. I mean he's only the first Japanese duelist to win a Shonen Jump Championship in America. Still, it doesn't justify anything, though when an Asian person says something, iI tend to believe it because it almost always comes true (lol). Still no word on whether or not he denies this claim, but.... um...... if it is indeed so, Konami eff'd up. They eff'd up BAD. The first word that appears after the word "Ban" will ensure my leave of YGO. WHY IN THE UNRIGHTEOUS NAME OF THE UNHOLY DIETY THAT LIVES IN THE DEPTHS OF THE CREVICES OF THE UNDERBELLY OF THE CESSPOOL OF THE MINUS REALM OF ZION WOULD KONAMI BAN BRIONAC? FOR WHAT EFFING PURPOSE?!?!?!?!?!?

*wipes sweat off of forehead, and with a long sigh*

Now that I'm done, I hope this is fake. This list is a hate list. It hates Inzektors, Chaos (again), Dragons (of most forms), Heros (why?) and AGAIN slaps the forehead of synchro artists. I know I didn't want Future Fusion to go, simply because I needed it, but i know it's leaving. Every list says so. But this ATROCITY must not come to light. Ever. If it does, I really don't know. Because I simply don't want to live in a world where Brio is banned for no reason.

On the bright side, Spore is back. Whoop-dee-doo.

.-.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
lolnopound

lolnopound

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 4:53 pm

Well it's 100 confirmed :-/
Back to top Go down
NoUserName
NoUserName

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:06 pm

Then it's already decided. I am an official teacher of YGO. I'm relieving myself the burden of playing competitively. They touched ANOTHER YGO exclusive, unnecessarily hurt Inzektors, and made Stall Decks that much more stupid. Not to mention 3 Magic Cylinders and 2 Mirror Force.

Yea, maybe Agents get a little more power back. Blackwings too. Tsukyomi's back as well. But I'm through with the stupid business decisions. I'm going to commit myself to teach players to AVOID the stupidity of hand loops and Stalling.

Eff Konami.
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Where is it 100% confirmed, exactly?
Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
NoUserName
NoUserName

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:08 pm

Yeah, that's something I would like to know as well. Regardless, my decision may still stand.
Back to top Go down
lolnopound

lolnopound

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:19 pm

NotSoGallantGallade wrote:
Where is it 100% confirmed, exactly?

The guy who leaked it + Pro Winston's status at worlds being the same exact list= confirmed

Unless you're like me last format and don't wanna believe it solely because it sucks.
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 7:34 pm

But Satoshi himself who leaked it said in his post on FB that he doesnt know if its real or not, so we wont knw till we get Scans.

I really want BLS and reborn banned, and Some control on S/T destruction Heavy banned or MST hit. Prefer MST hit
Back to top Go down
The Crocodile

The Crocodile

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 3:54 am

Well, the banlist on top restricts these decks as i see: chaos dragons, heiratics, dino rabbit, wind ups and inzektor

Dark world along with Heroes will stay top tier

The list gives opportunities for BWs, Agents, a bit of Stall support, Psychic-type monsters, and maybe Synchronic is back too

Imo the list is still fake
Reasons: 2 Limited stapple zektors, offering limited?? (gimme a reason why please, it saw no real abuse this format as i am informed, offering at 2 is enough), Tourguide and rabbit both semi? Suspicious, A hero lives semi? (Do players really run 3 in their decks?)
The many opportunities it gives to old decks to get onto tier 1.5 back and the major meta restrictions make me not believe this banlist is real, having konami stop 5 decks at once is not the way we are used to, is it?
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 4:01 am

Offering is a possible pre-emptive hit on Madolche (from what I've heard), as well as Offering Gadget (which gets better with Geargias hybridizing with them and Gear Gigant X and whatnot), so I totally understand it at 1.

AHL builds in OCG are pretty damn good. Hyper-aggressive, but the combos they pull off (esp. with FuFu) are crazy.

Rabbit and TGU semi isn't that bad. Keeps Rabbit itself on the face of the earth but hits the consistency of Dino Rabbit... I do think 2 limited Inzektors is huge, but it's an incredibly poorly-designed archetype to begin with, so it deserves to die.

They're stopping so many decks at once because of the fact that they shit themselves with the March banlist and created a NEED to hit the decks. It's not outlandish at all when you consider the context behind it. What, you think they're just going to hit 2-3 of the decks and let the others run rampant? I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen.
Back to top Go down
The Crocodile

The Crocodile

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 10:22 am

I meant more like hitting all decks, but only 2-3 brutally, and others just to restrict 1 combo of theirs, creating new pathways for other combos as the archetypes have more than just 3 monsters <.<
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 11:36 am

The Crocodile wrote:
I meant more like hitting all decks, but only 2-3 brutally, and others just to restrict 1 combo of theirs, creating new pathways for other combos as the archetypes have more than just 3 monsters <.<
Well that's because different decks have varying issues and varying things that make them so in need of a banlist hit. As a crude example, the reason for Inzektors' need to get hit is insanely poor card design in general, whereas for Wind-Ups, it's pretty much just the loop and the sheer advantage that combo creates for the user. You can't say that all decks should be hit equally when there are such different issues with each one, and different ways to balance them out (or in Inzektors', just kill them off, because they're bad for the game. And I can explain why if you'd like).

No duh different archetypes, etc. have combos they can and can't pull off because of the banlist, but I'm pretty sure castrating all the decks or just hitting all decks (what one would think would be) equally isn't necessarily the right thing, because A. Comparing decks and how they should be hit on the banlist, especially when trying to keep everything relative, is apples and oranges, and B. Different decks will perform at various levels of competitiveness no matter what happens, unless you destroy all of the decks.
Back to top Go down
The Crocodile

The Crocodile

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 11:51 am

Lets just wait for the actual banlist and see if this one is really the same, this one looks too suspicious to me to believe its true, imo konami has better ideas than this Smile
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 11:56 am

The Crocodile wrote:
I guarantee you 1 thing
KONAMI IS NEVER GONNA MAKE A BANLIST WE EXPECT!
Theyll probably do something so we can say "CRAP!" once again after a banlist is decided.

So if you like most of the changes = FAKE
If you see more than 2 meta decks restricted = FAKE

Also have in mind that konami wants money, so old decks = history

So any banlist that does hit the current meta radically, its fake imo

The Crocodile wrote:
Lets just wait for the actual banlist... imo konami has better ideas than this Smile

Mood swing seems legit.
Back to top Go down
lolnopound

lolnopound

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:19 pm

WCQ at Japan

Top 4:

A Hero Lives OTK
Offering Gadgets
Offering Gadgets
Inzektor

>Doesn't know why Offering was put to 1.
Back to top Go down
The Crocodile

The Crocodile

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 4:06 pm

The Crocodile wrote:
I guarantee you 1 thing
KONAMI IS NEVER GONNA MAKE A BANLIST WE EXPECT!
Theyll probably do something so we can say "CRAP!" once again after a banlist is decided.

So if you like most of the changes = FAKE
If you see more than 2 meta decks restricted = FAKE

Also have in mind that konami wants money, so old decks = history

So any banlist that does hit the current meta radically, its fake imo

The Crocodile wrote:
Lets just wait for the actual banlist... imo konami has better ideas than this Smile

Mood swing seems legit.

why mood swing, i said the list is fake before, now i say lets wait for actual banlist and i think konami can make a better one than this fake on top(following my first thoughts about fake lists), wheres the contradiction?
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 4:10 pm

I just noted the fact that you were so down on Konami before, saying that if we like the changes it's fake, that they're going to again forsake helping us out a bit for money, etc, and now you're really optimistic and all about the banlist.

It's not that you said it was fake, it was HOW you said it was fake.
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 5:47 am

This list is good it does what we want, hit all top decks isnt that what we were complaining about, i like it lets hope its real because we cant be for sure that konami will make a good or better list than that one, only thing id like is BLS and reborn banned and MST to 1 but i wont complain, with that list tons of decks will be good at toronto we may see lot of decks topping
Back to top Go down
lolnopound

lolnopound

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:06 pm

darkness evil wrote:
This list is good it does what we want, hit all top decks isnt that what we were complaining about, i like it lets hope its real because we cant be for sure that konami will make a good or better list than that one, only thing id like is BLS and reborn banned and MST to 1 but i wont complain, with that list tons of decks will be good at toronto we may see lot of decks topping

Lol'd at ban BLS.
Back to top Go down
The Crocodile

The Crocodile

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:29 pm

I just noted the fact that you were so down on Konami before, saying that if we like the changes it's fake, that they're going to again forsake helping us out a bit for money, etc, and now you're really optimistic and all about the banlist.

It's not that you said it was fake, it was HOW you said it was fake.

That may be true, but why bothering yourself with that?

I dislike konami, but i think smart people run it, if they weren't smart enough for it, konami wouldnt be what it is today, so thats why i say they have better (better if i said smarter) ways for restricting the meta and releasing other decks from their chains

Still dont get why you bother yourself with my opinion about konami lol
peace Wink
Back to top Go down
NoUserName
NoUserName

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 6:32 pm

I just think that Chaos Dragons should have never been released. I hate them. Because they took away both my favorite cards. (FF and FGD) Evil or Very Mad

But they really did do work here and as NSGG said earlier, they CASTRATED all the top tier decks.

Semi on Mirror Force because they printed to effing much of them with the XYZ starter decks so they had to put them to use somehow.

Magic Cylinder at 3 because Tits. That's all I can think of for now.
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:46 am

I never said they castrated the top tier decks. They demolished Inzektors, but that's a good thing because it's a stupid deck. All the other meta decks were hit pretty decently (well, DW saw nothing hit...), leaving the other 3 of the big 4 fine and playable, just to varying extents.

Decks I'll have to try under this banlist:
1. Blackwings, just 'cuz
2. Synchrocentric Lite
3. Something that makes good use of E-Tele or D-Draw
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:36 am

I have no issue with this list....well maybe gustkrakken didnt even get to try the official loop ._.

Anyhow, it give the format breathing room for new decks and allows the dominate decks space to find new ways to create consistantcy.

My heros are fine, one e-call for a warrior returning alive and stratos is still kicking? Oh then we are golden

I do like that d draw and e-teles are unlimited. e-tele's will be fin to xyz with. May even look into over destiny for certain d hero builds. May revive my plasma troll deck....need to give my relinquished deck competition xD
Back to top Go down
patrickx31

patrickx31

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:24 pm

ok,me personally,i like and hate it.Like it because,agent of mystery is back...AWESOME.and hate it because of two things,brionac,why,it didn't do anything wrong,so what next,scrap dragon?!(i dare them to ban scrap dragon).and two,ultimate offering.....really,you idiots decide now of all times to limit that card when im using it,screw this im going back to pokemon;at least i can use everyone but legendary pokemon
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 1:40 am

patrickx31 wrote:
ok,me personally,i like and hate it.Like it because,agent of mystery is back...AWESOME.and hate it because of two things,brionac,why,it didn't do anything wrong,so what next,scrap dragon?!(i dare them to ban scrap dragon).and two,ultimate offering.....really,you idiots decide now of all times to limit that card when im using it,screw this im going back to pokemon;at least i can use everyone but legendary pokemon

1. Brionac was a somewhat borderline card before (though I was fine with it staying around). However, with Atlanteans and other WATER support on the horizon, banning Brionac becomes a great pre-emptive option here, and one I completely agree with.

2. Ultimate Offering, again, was limited to nerf Madolche and Offering Gadget, the former possibly having a decent impact with the card and the latter already being proven and starting to rise (just ask the 2 Japanese players who piloted the deck to top 4 at Japanese Nationals). It's actually quite a good hit.

3. Have fun with your Pokemon.

4. "I'm using this card now, what the f*** are you doing you idiots" is not a suitable argument against the restriction of a card.
Back to top Go down
patrickx31

patrickx31

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 8:18 am

i know,i know,it made me mad considering i just started playing with madolcles.Still, pokemon does sound good right now
Back to top Go down
Ikki

Ikki

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 10:17 am

Brionac's ban was simply to promote XYZs even more. It wouldn't surprise me if they banned another snychro come next format. Also as Gallade said, the new water support is going to make it even better. It was a justified (though preemptive) ban and I understand why they did it.

Zenmaity being limited truly confuses me because I was fine with it at 3 if hunter was banned. XYZ spam is all the rage these days and it's funny that Zenmaity got hit but Laggia was no where to be found on the list.

Ultimate Offering being limited to one doesn't hinder the XYZ capabilities of gadgets. The support that is due for them is on the way (Geargi Gant X & Tinplate Goldfish). There's still going to be support for the deck so people shouldn't fret.

A few other cards make me scratch my head though. Magic Cylinder to three and Chaos Sorcerer to 1 made me facepalm. Boggles my mind that Konami chose to limit Sorceror but did nothing with BLS. Also burn decks will probably run ramped this format with Marshmellon and Cylinder at 3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?   99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

99% CONFIRMED?!?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Duelist's Den :: Yu-Gi-Oh! Forums :: Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG & OCG Discussions-
Jump to: