Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDeath To The Format! I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Death To The Format!

Go down 
+5
rjuto
TheHelixNebula
Snilly
TheRuler
Harper7000
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Death To The Format! Empty
PostSubject: Death To The Format!   Death To The Format! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:24 am

S'up guys, me and my apparently sexy voice made a deck profile for you guys. Hope you like it Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erA6arw1LOc&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by Harper7000 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: Death To The Format!   Death To The Format! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 3:06 am

Half-way to the video I realized there was something other than just your voice.
Back to top Go down
Snilly

Snilly

PostSubject: Re: Death To The Format!   Death To The Format! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 3:19 am

How come you run 3 malefic stardusts in main but only have two stardusts in extra?
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Death To The Format!   Death To The Format! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 5:08 am

Yes, that's my 1 year old brother ^_^.
Snilly: I said in the video that there should be 3, idk how it got deleted from the deck but the other Utopia should be a stardust

Question though...how long is it? It's 13 minutes and says so on YouTube but it only plays for about 5 when I just now watched it
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: Death To The Format!   Death To The Format! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 5:09 am

@Harper, I meant that there was video too, not just the audio xP if you know what I mean

and I have the same problem, the 13 mins 5 mins thing
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Death To The Format!   Death To The Format! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 5:13 am

Not really and damn it, i'll take it down and try to reupload it
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: Death To The Format!   Death To The Format! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 5:15 am

darn, I was just complimenting ur smexy voice, just listening to it not watching the vid. XD
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Death To The Format!   Death To The Format! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 5:17 am

Ah I got it now xD. I deleted it and it's reuploading now...I'll bump this again when it's done
Back to top Go down
TheHelixNebula

TheHelixNebula

PostSubject: Re: Death To The Format!   Death To The Format! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:12 am

Bumpity bumpity?

/killed
Back to top Go down
Snilly

Snilly

PostSubject: Re: Death To The Format!   Death To The Format! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:46 am

Oh if you saw the comment that said "Sexy voice." that was me.
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: Death To The Format!   Death To The Format! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:20 pm

GB, there's still some problems, don't worry, he'll bump this when it's done xD
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Death To The Format!   Death To The Format! EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:56 am

I was fighting with this most of yesterday and in the end Scorp and I came to the conclusion that my hypercam settings made it so the video is way faster than the audio. So now I have to test different settings until I get it right, then re-record it, so this may take a while :/. Why hypercam's default settings make the video and audio not match, I have no idea
Back to top Go down
rjuto

rjuto

PostSubject: Re: Death To The Format!   Death To The Format! EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:05 am

damn it ._.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death To The Format!   Death To The Format! EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 9:26 am

I did find it odd how your mouse and PM Alert on DN were reeeally fast.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Death To The Format!   Death To The Format! EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 2:19 am

Ok, fixed it. I had to change it from 10 frames per second to 3 xD. Updated the OP with the link again.
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

PostSubject: Re: Death To The Format!   Death To The Format! EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 7:18 am

This is a good video, I like it.

I also thought about running a Malefic Drain variant as an Anti-Meta deck for the format. Skill Drain and Necrovalley stop a lot of things and any deck that can drop 2500+ beatsticks causes trouble for Rabbit. Effect Veiler and Maxx "C" are dead against Malefic Drain.

Problem is that they still can derp their way through.
Like you said in the video: Wind-Ups can still go first and loop you and there's just nothing you can do about it.(you don't always have the Maxx "C")
It's so stupid.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Death To The Format!   Death To The Format! EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 4:46 am

Thanks, I've been testing it and it does good against almost everything Smile. And yeah that's always a possibility but you can only do so much to stop it. If they go first they can possibly auto win, and if you go first you can possibly auto win.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Death To The Format!   Death To The Format! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:33 am

Good job harpeh, I really like the deck Smile I will probably teswt it at locals pretty soon !
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Death To The Format!   Death To The Format! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 1:38 pm

I really like this deck, just a few issues.

Obviously you need to replace Dustshoot, I'd assume with the 3rd Maxx "C" because starting off with it in your hand is unimaginably helpful for way too many situations and it just helps you hurt those top decks even more. Secondly I'd want to fit in Allure of Darkness, since not only can it help you get rid of those dead GKs should you have skill drain up, but just being able to dig for your power cards in general is really powerful.

As for the Side Deck, I don't really see Shadow Imprisoning Mirror being all that helpful (because Skill Drain). I'd much rather use a second torrential and either some dprisons or other mid range control options.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Death To The Format!   Death To The Format! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:29 pm

Scorp: thanks! Tell me how it goes!
Funch: I mentioned in the video that the Dustshoot should be a 2nd Torrential, but there are certainly other options as well. Here's some cards I would like to fit:

Allure
Book
Stele
Barbaros
Maxx

Of them all, Allure I would want the most, as, like you said, it lets you cycle through your deck fast which is always nice, and gets rid of whatever happens to be dead currently. The third Maxx seems too obvious, but honestly you don't even need the 2 that are already there bc unless they go first they automatically lose. It's a solid choice ofc but the reason I made this was so you didn't need to use a boatload of hand traps to beat the derp. Feel free to experiment. Also the idea is to switch out Drains for SIM since it does the same thing but for no cost, but I'm beginning to find it a sub par choice against dw in general. Perhaps crows or prisons instead.

Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Death To The Format!   Death To The Format! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:38 pm

They will go first approximately 50% of the time. and should they draw well enough, you lose. It's because of this reason that I highly suggest the third maxx c
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Death To The Format!   Death To The Format! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 3:07 pm

the Changes I made from ut version are

- 2 Warnings
+ 2 Bottomless

the reason for that is the 1000 LP's you have to pay for skill drain and u run solemn also so that might kill your warning. also you run skill drain so most of the time you dont have to care about the eff of the monster, BTH will do the job.

- Dustshoot ofc
+ Allure

Funch proposed a 3rd maxx c wich is also a good Idea but I love allure Smile

- Heavy
+ 3rd MST

Just personal preference.

Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Death To The Format!   Death To The Format! EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 2:09 pm

I think any of those changes are quite reasonable. I was thinking of switching Warnings for BTH myself, and Allure is just too good to not use
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death To The Format!   Death To The Format! Empty

Back to top Go down

Death To The Format!
Page 1 of 1