Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSolemn Warning I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Solemn Warning

Go down 
+3
Magicknight94
King007
RyuheiAoi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RyuheiAoi

RyuheiAoi

Solemn Warning Empty
PostSubject: Solemn Warning   Solemn Warning EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:56 pm

Solemn Warning wrote:
When a monster would be Summoned, OR when a Spell Card, Trap Card or Effect Monster's effect is activated that includes an effect that Special Summons a monster(s): Pay 2000 Life Points; negate the Summon OR activation, and destroy that card.
Super Polymerization wrote:
Discard 1 card. Send, from either side of the field to the Graveyard, Fusion Material Monsters that are listed on a Fusion Monster Card, and Special Summon that monster from your Extra Deck. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.) Spells, Traps, and Effect Monsters' effects cannot be activated in response to this card's activation.

I know that Solemn Warning cannot be used to negate the activation of Super Polymerization ("Spells, Traps, and Effect Monsters' effects cannot be activated in response to this card's activation."), however, I was wondering if it is possible for Solemn Warning to activate in response to a monster summon. The card says "When a monster would be Summoned... negate the Summon OR activation, and destroy that card."

This makes it seem like Solemn Warning can still apply to the summon that Super Poly brings out, even if I cannot negate Super Poly's effect itself. Can someone please clarify on this for me?
Back to top Go down
King007
Nostalgic Tourney Organizer
King007

Solemn Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solemn Warning   Solemn Warning EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 11:53 pm

when a monster WOULD be summoned not successfully summoned
and when super poly resolves the summon is considered successful so warning cannot chain just like when u need to chain directly to monster reborn not when ur opponent gets his monster on the field.
Back to top Go down
Magicknight94

Magicknight94

Solemn Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solemn Warning   Solemn Warning EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:54 am

RyuheiAoi wrote:
Solemn Warning wrote:
When a monster would be Summoned, OR when a Spell Card, Trap Card or Effect Monster's effect is activated that includes an effect that Special Summons a monster(s): Pay 2000 Life Points; negate the Summon OR activation, and destroy that card.
Super Polymerization wrote:
Discard 1 card. Send, from either side of the field to the Graveyard, Fusion Material Monsters that are listed on a Fusion Monster Card, and Special Summon that monster from your Extra Deck. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.) Spells, Traps, and Effect Monsters' effects cannot be activated in response to this card's activation.

I know that Solemn Warning cannot be used to negate the activation of Super Polymerization ("Spells, Traps, and Effect Monsters' effects cannot be activated in response to this card's activation."), however, I was wondering if it is possible for Solemn Warning to activate in response to a monster summon. The card says "When a monster would be Summoned... negate the Summon OR activation, and destroy that card."

This makes it seem like Solemn Warning can still apply to the summon that Super Poly brings out, even if I cannot negate Super Poly's effect itself. Can someone please clarify on this for me?
HINT: NOTHING (I repeat, nothing) can negate a summon from card effect.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Solemn Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solemn Warning   Solemn Warning EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 3:24 am

In case magic's frank but correct answer confuses some, it basically means that you must negate the effect summoning the monster, not the monster summon itself(which is usually at the resolution of a card effect). Like u cannot negate the summon of a monster special summoned by maurading captain, you would have to negate captain itself.
Back to top Go down
bakura normal

bakura normal

Solemn Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solemn Warning   Solemn Warning EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 4:22 am

What's that called again frost, u can only negate inherit summons or something like that?

Basically bottom line , when a card is summoned at the RESOLUTION of a effect , e.g super poly
, you cannot negate it .
You can only negate cards that summon themselves through effect or game mechanics.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Solemn Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solemn Warning   Solemn Warning EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 4:37 am

Yes bak it's called inherent. Note however that Warning can also negate effects of monsters spells and traps that would special summon something by effect. But not Super Poly because it's Super Poly. For more information on stuff like this, read my article titled "What The Heck Is Inherent? A Guide To The Summons of Yugioh."
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Solemn Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solemn Warning   Solemn Warning EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 6:03 am

Was ChaosKing supposed to be some evil dude, why is he so helpful? O_o
Back to top Go down
Supreme_King

Supreme_King

Solemn Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solemn Warning   Solemn Warning EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 6:58 am

Helping minions to enslave them afterwards makes your army more powerful, as they learn better when learning under their free will rather than under somebody elses.
Back to top Go down
RyuheiAoi

RyuheiAoi

Solemn Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solemn Warning   Solemn Warning EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:02 am

Yeah. I came across that article after I had posted this, before I went to bed. So I ended up with my answer (And some knowledge in general) from that. Back when I played originally, we never had cards like Super Polymerization to troll us. x.x

Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Solemn Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solemn Warning   Solemn Warning Empty

Back to top Go down

Solemn Warning
Page 1 of 1